Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: General Vikes Talk

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  232 233 [234] 235 236   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: General Vikes Talk - 7/27/2019 11:02:44 PM   
Ricky J

quote:

ORIGINAL: thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bruce Johnson

People make sports wagers on their teams. It's not right that teams are not more forthright all year round about injuries.

Sports teams should cater to the betting public?

I wasn't sure what to do with that one - it's like, "sure betting is big, but still ..."
Post #: 5826
RE: General Vikes Talk - 7/28/2019 12:25:07 AM   
David F.

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Levine

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Levine

The stink of Preifer remains strong...

Andrew Krammer@Andrew_Krammer
Rough first day of camp for #Vikings kicker Dan Bailey, who made 4 of 7 attempts, missing from 39, 41 and 47 yards during team field goal sessions.

Chad Graff@ChadGraff
Interesting end to the first full Vikings’ training camp practice. Dan Bailey missed a 47-yard field goal in the situational drill with time expiring. His third miss on seven tries. And an upset Mike Zimmer apparently made the team run as a result.

Kentrell Brothers disagrees

Kentrell Brothers
@Kentrell_Mizzou
·
Jul 26
Lol definitely not why we ran
Quote Tweet

Chad Graff
@ChadGraff
· Jul 26
Interesting end to the first full Vikings’ training camp practice. Dan Bailey missed a 47-yard field goal in the situational drill with time expiring. His third miss on seven tries. And an upset Mike Zimmer apparently made the team run as a result.

I wouldn't give ANY qb $30-50+ mil unless that QB had won me a Super Bowl. Did you win a Super Bowl on your rookie deal? Yes? Great! Here's your hugenormous contract. F it let's just run victory laps and love life. No? Good luck. Next!
Post #: 5827
RE: General Vikes Talk - 7/28/2019 12:27:30 AM   
David F.

I don't get it either Kyle...

Chris Tomasson
@christomasson
·
4h
#Vikings QB Kyle Sloter said coaches have talked to him about needing to play better in practice. "I’m not one to make excuses, but it’s tough because right now they’re giving Sean (Mannion) the reps... I’m a rhythm player. I feel like I’m a pretty instinctual player.''

I wouldn't give ANY qb $30-50+ mil unless that QB had won me a Super Bowl. Did you win a Super Bowl on your rookie deal? Yes? Great! Here's your hugenormous contract. F it let's just run victory laps and love life. No? Good luck. Next!
Post #: 5828
RE: General Vikes Talk - 7/28/2019 12:30:13 AM   
Bruce Johnson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ricky J

quote:

quote:

People make sports wagers on their teams. It's not right that teams are not more forthright all year round about injuries.

Sports teams should cater to the betting public?

I wasn't sure what to do with that one - it's like, "sure betting is big, but still ..."

My point is that the NFL does for part of the season. The other part they do not disclose information for I guess competitive reasons. I don't know. Why don't they be more forthright about injuries during the off-season? My point is that specific information gleemed by some could be used to gain an advantage in the wagering.

We live in a world where we depend upon each other. In other words, we need each other just as God needs us and we need Him. How wonderful it would be if we could unite and live in harmony. Wouldn't it be better that way?
Post #: 5829
RE: General Vikes Talk - 7/28/2019 12:30:51 AM   
David F.

quote:

ORIGINAL: kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: David F.

quote:

quote:

quote:

It might sound odd, but people probably aren’t talking enough about the potential shift in approach among the special teams units. During his career, new special teams coordinator Marwan Maalouf has worked with several top-tier minds, including John Harbaugh and Darren Rizzi. During his most recent stop, the Dolphins had one of the top punt-block percentages in the NFL. Their twist schemes were very difficult to handle and caused chaos. While Maalouf was an assistant in Miami, the Dolphins finished top-five in punt-block percentage every year, including a first-place finish in 2014 (4.92%). Collectively, during his one season as special teams coordinator with the Colts, his units ranked 12th in special teams efficiency, according to Football Outsiders.

http://www.mnvikingscorner.com/2019/07/storylines-to-watch-during-vikings.html

According to Football Outsiders the Vikes special teams rankings under Mike Priefer 2011-2018 - 27, 5, 6, 10, 4, 10, 18, 20

If youre going to be a homophobe you need to have better numbers than that

How many teams got to use a #1 draft pick as their kick returner season after season?

Excuses, excuses. He had a top 10 Special teams five years in a row. That is very successful.

And what happened exactly at the same time he no longer had a #1 draft pick returning kicks? 18 and 20. I'd like to go apply for ST coordinator for an NFL team. "Ah yes, and I'll be requiring that you draft me a kick returner in the first round, in fact I'll always need a #1 pick or my rankings will be poor."

Post #: 5830
RE: General Vikes Talk - 7/28/2019 3:13:17 AM   
quote:

I don't get it either Kyle...

Chris Tomasson
@christomasson
·
4h
#Vikings QB Kyle Sloter said coaches have talked to him about needing to play better in practice. "I’m not one to make excuses, but it’s tough because right now they’re giving Sean (Mannion) the reps... I’m a rhythm player. I feel like I’m a pretty instinctual player.''

I’m not shocked, but for f**ks sake why can’t a coaching staff/ front office figure out what this kid actually is?

He plays damn near historically well vs. 3rd stringers in his limited NFL experiment experience, but is relegated to a slop player sloth

ready

Ok
  Post #: 5831
RE: General Vikes Talk - 7/28/2019 6:43:44 AM   
Bruce Johnson

We have a lot of interesting wide receiver prospects who are going to give it their best shot to make the team. Cousins and Mannion can't throw to all of them. Some of them will want more balls thrown to them like Cousins stayed late yesterday to throw to Irv Smith, Jr. The team has not yet had a single padded practice yet. I suggest to Kyle Sloter that he stay positive and work hard. If he is deserving, he will get his chances. It's possible it could wind up being with another team, but there are 32 teams and they certainly are not all happy with their backup quarterbacks.

One Twitter friend said that Hercules "destroyed Elflein yesterday". It's still too early because there's no hitting with pads. Nevertheless, we'll have to watch that match up going forward. Hope on one side, and concern for the other.

We live in a world where we depend upon each other. In other words, we need each other just as God needs us and we need Him. How wonderful it would be if we could unite and live in harmony. Wouldn't it be better that way?
Post #: 5832
RE: General Vikes Talk - 7/28/2019 6:45:07 AM   
Bruce Johnson

David Amerson is another free agent CB on the #Vikings radar. They're looking into having him in soon for a tryout. (Darren Wolfson on Twitter)

https://twitter.com/i/status/1155145285536034816

Post #: 5833
RE: General Vikes Talk - 7/28/2019 6:54:54 AM   
Bruce Johnson

This article makes some good points. The first one was new to me. I didn't realize our punter never held for a kicker before last year. It sounds like it's an issue.

https://thevikingage.com/2019/07/27/minnesota-vikings-camp-2019-takeaways-day-2/

Post #: 5834
RE: General Vikes Talk - 7/28/2019 8:17:22 AM   
kgdabom

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: kgdabom

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

It might sound odd, but people probably aren’t talking enough about the potential shift in approach among the special teams units. During his career, new special teams coordinator Marwan Maalouf has worked with several top-tier minds, including John Harbaugh and Darren Rizzi. During his most recent stop, the Dolphins had one of the top punt-block percentages in the NFL. Their twist schemes were very difficult to handle and caused chaos. While Maalouf was an assistant in Miami, the Dolphins finished top-five in punt-block percentage every year, including a first-place finish in 2014 (4.92%). Collectively, during his one season as special teams coordinator with the Colts, his units ranked 12th in special teams efficiency, according to Football Outsiders.

http://www.mnvikingscorner.com/2019/07/storylines-to-watch-during-vikings.html

According to Football Outsiders the Vikes special teams rankings under Mike Priefer 2011-2018 - 27, 5, 6, 10, 4, 10, 18, 20

If youre going to be a homophobe you need to have better numbers than that

How many teams got to use a #1 draft pick as their kick returner season after season?

Excuses, excuses. He had a top 10 Special teams five years in a row. That is very successful.

And what happened exactly at the same time he no longer had a #1 draft pick returning kicks? 18 and 20. I'd like to go apply for ST coordinator for an NFL team. "Ah yes, and I'll be requiring that you draft me a kick returner in the first round, in fact I'll always need a #1 pick or my rankings will be poor."

Excuses excuses.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 5835
RE: General Vikes Talk - 7/28/2019 11:19:15 AM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

I hope the Vikings consistently achieve Belechik status about NOT disclosing a damn thing besides the NFL minimum because I value Vikings wins and Vikings player safety over wanting bettors to win a bet.

Cook has an outer right elbow injury. Think Khalil Mack is going to go out of his way to help ensure poor Cook's injury doesn't get worse? Or is Mack licking his chops at the opportunity of repeatedly smashing his helmet into said elbow?

WOW!
Post #: 5836
RE: General Vikes Talk - 7/28/2019 11:23:26 AM   
Bill Johanesen

And any Joe Six Pack (aka Joe Bag O'Donuts) bettor should know there always has been and always will be other bettors who have more relevant and 'inside' information.

If not, said bettor is relegated to Joe Twelve Pack status. Or to simplify he can just be called 'Idiot'.
Post #: 5837
RE: General Vikes Talk - 7/28/2019 11:38:11 AM   
Ricky J

Chris Tomasson

@christomasson

·

1h

#Vikings coach Mike Zimmer is not pleased with how some of his young receivers, including two draft picks, have done to start camp. "They haven't been precise enough... They need to get their rear end in gear
Post #: 5838
RE: General Vikes Talk - 7/28/2019 12:19:41 PM   
ratoppenheimer

Chad Graff@ChadGraff
Mike Zimmer on WR3 favorite Chad Beebe: "His issue has been his health, quite honestly. He needs to stay healthy and prove that he can stay healthy."

Sean Borman@SeanBoarManNFL
"If [the young WR's] don't know what to do - they don't know where to line up, if they run the wrong route or they're moving their feet when the ball is snapped - we'll keep looking for somebody else. They have not been precise enough in these first couple days."

Sean Borman@SeanBoarManNFL
Mike Zimmer said it's too early to say which WR's are ahead of the others at this point.

Minnesota Vikings
“I think he’s done well. He’s a battler…I don’t think he’s had any mental errors to my knowledge.” - Coach Zimmer on
@joshkline64

< Message edited by ratoppenheimer -- 7/28/2019 12:21:14 PM >

the journey...is paradise.
Post #: 5839
RE: General Vikes Talk - 7/28/2019 6:32:50 PM   
Bruce Johnson

A Mattison sighting.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1155568424485117953

Post #: 5840
RE: General Vikes Talk - 7/28/2019 6:37:39 PM   
Bruce Johnson

Did the Vikings practice with pads today? The day I have been waiting for.

http://www.mnvikingscorner.com/2019/07/day-3-training-camp-notebook-vikings.html

Post #: 5841
RE: General Vikes Talk - 7/28/2019 6:52:11 PM   
Bruce Johnson

I know this is Sunday, but you won't find a more interesting article than this one all week.

https://www.dailynorseman.com/2019/7/28/8930890/time-get-excited-about-minnesota-vikings-offense

Post #: 5842
RE: General Vikes Talk - 7/28/2019 6:59:42 PM   
Bruce Johnson

Wanted to show a decent glimpse into the flow of the #Vikings offense. Tons of misdirection and bootlegs which should make things difficult on opposing defenses.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1155562509740515333

https://twitter.com/i/status/1155565641522397189

Post #: 5843
RE: General Vikes Talk - 7/28/2019 7:02:17 PM   
Bruce Johnson

I'm happy to see this tweet:

After limping off the field yesterday, Jalyn Holmes is present, but not suited up for practice. #Vikings

Vikings Corner on Twitter

Post #: 5844
RE: General Vikes Talk - 7/28/2019 7:06:57 PM   
Bruce Johnson

Mata'afa can not be on the field for running plays.

The #Vikings did one goal line situational period and Dalvin Cook effortlessly ran into the end zone. Kline had a great block against Mata'afa to open a lane. (Vikings Corner on Twitter)

Post #: 5845
RE: General Vikes Talk - 7/28/2019 7:11:47 PM   
Bruce Johnson

I don't think we've seen a single 11 on 11 shotgun snap yet. Everything has been under center.

Eric Thompson on Twitter

Here's another tweet on the subject:

Cousins in shotgun: passer rating 90.1, adjusted yards per attempt 6.77

Cousins under center: passer rating 109.1, adjusted yards per attempt, 9.44

(Krauser on Twitter)

< Message edited by Bruce Johnson -- 7/28/2019 7:18:37 PM >

Post #: 5846
RE: General Vikes Talk - 7/28/2019 7:14:33 PM   
Bruce Johnson

The #Vikings have registered some interest in former Lions pass-catching beast RB Theo Riddick. But no visit is set up, to date. He visited New Orleans, has at least one more visit lined up. Darren Wolfson on Twitter

https://twitter.com/i/status/1155486949874028544

Post #: 5847
RE: General Vikes Talk - 7/28/2019 7:23:06 PM   
Bruce Johnson

I've said this before, but I am rooting for this player. No word with regard to him coming from camp, though.

http://www.startribune.com/vikings-hopeful-khari-blasingame-has-clear-goals-beyond-nfl/513297882/

Post #: 5848
RE: General Vikes Talk - 7/28/2019 7:24:29 PM   
Bruce Johnson

My takeaway so far with Mata'afa: he's incredibly quick off the line. He'll need to be with his size, but I can see why there has been so much hype about him this spring. (Eric Thompson on Twitter)

Post #: 5849
RE: General Vikes Talk - 7/28/2019 7:27:38 PM   
Bruce Johnson

Here is a video clip with Thielen holding for the kicker on a field goal try. He looked ok to me, but I don't believe he will be the man for this job.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1155566799850745856

Post #: 5850
Page:   <<   < prev  232 233 [234] 235 236   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  232 233 [234] 235 236   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode