Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: General Vikes Talk

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  268 269 [270] 271 272   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/24/2019 7:39:09 AM   
odin

Did anyone hear the condescension shown on the skornorth podcast towards fans wanting Sloter to get more looks against #2s, etc?

Courtney Cronin said Vikings fans "sound uneducated" yet was not able to add 19+9 in her head without asking for help/reassurance (pretty damn important to know automatically in football lol). Also, the other podcaster (Judd?) talked about fans getting caught up in stats, using the example of when Boone padded Sloter's stats by gaining 45 yds. on a short pass (Cronin actually corrected him and correctly attributed the pass to Mannion).

A lot of people speaking up aren't the ones who were clamoring for Bowman, Heineken, etc. This is different, even teammates are wearing his t-shirts lol.

EDIT: teammates are wearing his t-shirts link

< Message edited by odin -- 8/24/2019 8:49:27 AM >
Post #: 6726
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/24/2019 8:36:46 AM   
odin

I thought I'd put a few player opinions/observations here since it's been dead.

Offense:
I see Udoh in a lot of "53" projections as being a PS player. I hope to hell they aren't even considering that. I don't remember too many rookie OTs showing the flashes he does. He's steamrolled some guys like they are little kids and moves a lot better than I thought he was projected to move. I think he could be a starter eventually (probably sooner than later) and maybe a very good one. If he was a talented, "raw" 2nd or 3rd rounder, I'd be happy with what he's show so far, so I can't see taking any risks with him.

Samia should be a lock over the usual deadwood we keep on OL, no Willie Beavers II here.

Blasingame needs to be kept on the 53, I've also seen him being projected as PS material. I'd keep him over Ham if they can't keep both due to youth and upside. He has another gear that makes him a serious weapon compared to the usual FB.

Jordan Taylor: did he even fight for the pass down the left sideline from Sloter? What good is a tall guy who is passive? I hope one or more of the young WR steps up very soon.

Defense:
I'm so glad we got odinBIGO back, I was pissed last year when they let him get away. He will be a nice addition to the d-line rotation.

I'm hoping to see a big game from Hercules today. I'm hoping he provides some disruptive interior pass rushing and can be part of a Nascar package.

I hope we can sign Kearse to an extension. He has looked outstanding and apparently has responded well to coaching.

LBs: I want to see Barr rush the passer more and be part of the Nascar package. No other real strong opinions here other than why do we keep picking slow guys w/ limited cover skills? I'd rather have Kearse in the game than one of them.

Are they trying to sneak Kris Boyd to the PS? I don't remember hearing his name during the games. I was hoping he'd be a nice addition and backup at least.

Karter Schult looks more like a PS guy with pretty good upside. I thought he looked raw but seems to flash some pass-rush ability that is worth coaching up.
Post #: 6727
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/24/2019 9:32:17 AM   
Bruce Johnson

I believe Boyd has been hurt. You know how they don't disclose injuries clearly this time of year. It's a big question in my mind what's going to happen to him. Of course we need corners who can play game one.

We live in a world where we depend upon each other. In other words, we need each other just as God needs us and we need Him. How wonderful it would be if we could unite and live in harmony. Wouldn't it be better that way?
Post #: 6728
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/24/2019 10:07:40 AM   
odin

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bruce Johnson

I believe Boyd has been hurt. You know how they don't disclose injuries clearly this time of year. It's a big question in my mind what's going to happen to him. Of course we need corners who can play game one.

Thank you Bruce, I was wondering about him! I also want to thank you for all the updates and links you post. I always say a silent "thank you" to you, even if I don't post anything. It is very useful and appreciated!
Post #: 6729
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/24/2019 10:10:26 AM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

ORIGINAL: odin

I thought I'd put a few player opinions/observations here since it's been dead.

Offense:
I see Udoh in a lot of "53" projections as being a PS player. I hope to hell they aren't even considering that. I don't remember too many rookie OTs showing the flashes he does. He's steamrolled some guys like they are little kids and moves a lot better than I thought he was projected to move. I think he could be a starter eventually (probably sooner than later) and maybe a very good one. If he was a talented, "raw" 2nd or 3rd rounder, I'd be happy with what he's show so far, so I can't see taking any risks with him.

Samia should be a lock over the usual deadwood we keep on OL, no Willie Beavers II here.

Blasingame needs to be kept on the 53, I've also seen him being projected as PS material. I'd keep him over Ham if they can't keep both due to youth and upside. He has another gear that makes him a serious weapon compared to the usual FB.

Jordan Taylor: did he even fight for the pass down the left sideline from Sloter? What good is a tall guy who is passive? I hope one or more of the young WR steps up very soon.

Defense:
I'm so glad we got odinBIGO back, I was pissed last year when they let him get away. He will be a nice addition to the d-line rotation.

I'm hoping to see a big game from Hercules today. I'm hoping he provides some disruptive interior pass rushing and can be part of a Nascar package.

I hope we can sign Kearse to an extension. He has looked outstanding and apparently has responded well to coaching.

LBs: I want to see Barr rush the passer more and be part of the Nascar package. No other real strong opinions here other than why do we keep picking slow guys w/ limited cover skills? I'd rather have Kearse in the game than one of them.

Are they trying to sneak Kris Boyd to the PS? I don't remember hearing his name during the games. I was hoping he'd be a nice addition and backup at least.

Karter Schult looks more like a PS guy with pretty good upside. I thought he looked raw but seems to flash some pass-rush ability that is worth coaching up.

I was thinking the same thing. Hopefully an Aaron Kampmann type player.
Post #: 6730
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/24/2019 10:15:14 AM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

Did anyone hear the condescension shown on the skornorth podcast towards fans wanting Sloter to get more looks against #2s, etc?

Courtney Cronin said Vikings fans "sound uneducated" yet was not able to add 19+9 in her head without asking for help/reassurance (pretty damn important to know automatically in football lol). Also, the other podcaster (Judd?) talked about fans getting caught up in stats, using the example of when Boone padded Sloter's stats by gaining 45 yds. on a short pass (Cronin actually corrected him and correctly attributed the pass to Mannion).

A lot of people speaking up aren't the ones who were clamoring for Bowman, Heineken, etc. This is different, even teammates are wearing his t-shirts lol.

EDIT: teammates are wearing his t-shirts link

quote:

A QB needs to avoid the rush probably 20% of the time. Statue Mannion will get killed if he can't get his 1st read. Plus, with his weak arm, CBs will be not be afraid of the deep throw or anything that needs any mustard on it.

Sloter fits this offense perfectly. Who cares if he isn't a great help to Cousins on the sideline. Why do we have a QB coach?

more smileys..

Post #: 6731
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/24/2019 10:17:47 AM   
Bruce Johnson

Our defensive line is stacked, so barring an injury, my best guess is that Schult winds up on our practice squad. I believe he's eligible, but of course he can be plucked by another team.

We live in a world where we depend upon each other. In other words, we need each other just as God needs us and we need Him. How wonderful it would be if we could unite and live in harmony. Wouldn't it be better that way?
Post #: 6732
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/24/2019 10:30:57 AM   
joejitsu

quote:

Our defensive line is stacked, so barring an injury, my best guess is that Schult winds up on our practice squad. I believe he's eligible, but of course he can be plucked by another team.

Would you keep Udoh over the other backup otackles? I think I would, because if he is on the ps, he won't be for long.
Post #: 6733
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/24/2019 10:49:08 AM   
Chris Olson

quote:

quote:

Thank you Bruce, I was wondering about him! I also want to thank you for all the updates and links you post. I always say a silent "thank you" to you, even if I don't post anything. It is very useful and appreciated!

Agreed!

Thanks, Bruce, for all the great links...

makes me feel like this is the only place I need to look for my Viking news
Post #: 6734
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/24/2019 11:21:25 AM   
thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: joejitsu

quote:

Would you keep Udoh over the other backup otackles? I think I would, because if he is on the ps, he won't be for long.

With regards to the practice squad, if another team tries to snipe our guys, can't we grab him back and put him on our 53 man roster?

Now that I think about it, before we can put a player on the practice squad, doesn't he have to clear waivers? So another team can snipe him off the waiver list before we put him on the practice squad. Can't we also rescind waivers if another team tries to claim one of our waived players, in which case the player goes onto our 53 man roster?

< Message edited by thebigo -- 8/24/2019 11:23:07 AM >
Post #: 6735
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/24/2019 11:22:56 AM   
mikegreitzer

Anybody here interested in a really really close look at Pat Elflein's performance today against Arizona?

I think his coaches are---

https://vikings61.com/vikings-keeping-a-close-eye-on-elflein-against-cardinals/
Post #: 6736
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/24/2019 11:25:50 AM   
Yeah cheers to Bruce Johnson for all the links!

Really appreciate the ability to just come in here and find out the latest on our Vikes.

Bruce has taken over where Sammy left off..(Left off a long time ago I might add)
  Post #: 6737
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/24/2019 11:26:41 AM   
thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: mikegreitzer

Anybody here interested in a really really close look at Pat Elflein's performance today against Arizona?

I think his coaches are---

https://vikings61.com/vikings-keeping-a-close-eye-on-elflein-against-cardinals/

Nothing there that has some inside info that his coaches are "watching him". Just some Joe Blow quoting PFF stats, which Zimmer has voiced disdain for in the past.
Post #: 6738
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/24/2019 11:47:37 AM   
ratoppenheimer

Andrew Krammer@Andrew_Krammer
For what its worth: Cook is not among the four #Vikings running backs warming up with position coach Kennedy Polamalu about an hour before kickoff.

Ben Goessling@GoesslingStrib
Adam Thielen isn't on the field for warmups, nor is Harrison Smith. Doesn't appear either will play.

the journey...is paradise.
Post #: 6739
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/24/2019 1:39:49 PM   
odin

sd-wrong thread

< Message edited by odin -- 8/24/2019 1:41:45 PM >
Post #: 6740
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/24/2019 1:40:40 PM   
odin

sd
Post #: 6741
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/24/2019 3:00:12 PM   
David Levine

former #Vikings kicker Daniel Carlson is 19/19 on FGs and 21/21 on XPs in his last 11 games with the #Raiders
Post #: 6742
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/24/2019 3:20:06 PM   
David Levine

Sloter's preseason career:

95/120 (79%), 1059 yards, 10 TDs, 0 INTs.
Post #: 6743
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/24/2019 3:33:48 PM   
David Levine

Sean Borman@SeanBormanNFL

#Vikings QB performances in the 2019 preseason thru 3 games:

• KIRK COUSINS: 13/25, 168 yards, 1 TD

• SEAN MANNION: 24/36, 247 yards, 2 TD, 1 INT

• KYLE SLOTER: 23/27, 280 yards, 3 TD

• JAKE BROWNING: 2/3, 18 yards
Post #: 6744
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/24/2019 3:37:05 PM   
geoffrey greitzer

Thebigo....some Joe Blow??!
Dude u need to chill a bit.
Vikings board...we respect each other.
Post #: 6745
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/24/2019 3:38:04 PM   
Richard Neussendorfer

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Levine

Sean Borman@SeanBormanNFL

#Vikings QB performances in the 2019 preseason thru 3 games:

• KIRK COUSINS: 13/25, 168 yards, 1 TD

• SEAN MANNION: 24/36, 247 yards, 2 TD, 1 INT

• KYLE SLOTER: 23/27, 280 yards, 3 TD

• JAKE BROWNING: 2/3, 18 yards

Just feels like the dude has the "it" factor. Obviously the stats are good.
Post #: 6746
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/24/2019 4:10:46 PM   
David Levine

Chad Graff@ChadGraff
Mike Zimmer flummoxed by special teams issues. Said his concern with Kaare Vedvik’s misses is “high.” He said Wile has punted well and Bailey has kicked well since Vedvik arrived. “So I’m at a loss on that,” Zimmer said.
Post #: 6747
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/24/2019 4:24:41 PM   
David Levine

Chad Graff@ChadGraff
Mike Zimmer on Kyle Sloter: “Every time he comes in the game, he does well.”
Post #: 6748
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/24/2019 4:59:08 PM   
Viking Rich

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Levine

Chad Graff@ChadGraff
Mike Zimmer flummoxed by special teams issues. Said his concern with Kaare Vedvik’s misses is “high.” He said Wile has punted well and Bailey has kicked well since Vedvik arrived. “So I’m at a loss on that,” Zimmer said.

Zimmer will probably cut Vedvik, the Bears will pick him up, and he'll go on to have a Pro Bowl season, while our guys will flounder all year.

Sam Darnold's Gonna Shock Us All
Post #: 6749
RE: General Vikes Talk - 8/24/2019 5:02:14 PM   
Ricky J

quote:

ORIGINAL: geoffrey greitzer

Thebigo....some Joe Blow??!
Dude u need to chill a bit.
Vikings board...we respect each other.

How is that disrespect? He's telling the truth as he sees it.
Post #: 6750
Page:   <<   < prev  268 269 [270] 271 272   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  268 269 [270] 271 272   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode