Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: General Vikes Talk

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  4 5 [6] 7 8   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/2/2018 6:25:17 PM   
Daniel Lee Young

Not the season I was expecting, that’s for sure..

"Thou shall not bear false witness”
I am WRATH, incarnate.
@RlyeeNicole’sDad
Post #: 126
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/2/2018 6:28:32 PM   
ronhextall

quote:

ORIGINAL: Daniel Lee Young

Thinking They would compete for home field advantage and instead they shit themselves every single time they play a good team.
Post #: 127
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/2/2018 6:29:12 PM   
Ragnarök

Posting this here as well as on Game day thread because its worth thinking about??

What is Kirk's record again against teams with winning records as a Viking?

Try this stat on for size...

though stats dont matter...

Kirk Cousins record vs teams with winning record
During his time with the Washington Redskins, Cousins' starting record against winning teams is 4-19 (based on their opponents' final record). Cousins has cleaned up against losing teams (19-9-1) and has fared OK against .500 clubs (3-2), resulting in an overall record of 26-30-1 in the regular season.
Post #: 128
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/2/2018 6:30:21 PM   
stfrank

quote:

Yup. Last season was so fun because it was totally unexpected. This season the expectations were raised and our play didn't come close to what they did last year.
Post #: 129
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/2/2018 6:31:55 PM   
Richard Neussendorfer

I see a team with no heart or fire. As soon as they play a decent team they fold in short order.
Post #: 130
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/2/2018 6:34:18 PM   
Richard Neussendorfer

Now tying with the Packers even looks really bad!
Post #: 131
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/2/2018 6:34:58 PM   
Daniel Lee Young

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ragnarök

Posting this here as well as on Game day thread because its worth thinking about??

During his time with the Washington Redskins, Cousins' starting record against winning teams is 4-19 (based on their opponents' final record). Cousins has cleaned up against losing teams (19-9-1) and has fared OK against .500 clubs (3-2), resulting in an overall record of 26-30-1 in the regular season.

Way to

We get it...

Really..
I think your point of view is pretty clear..

Might as well post it on all threads in case some remotely uninterested person might have missed it or possibly misunderstood your position..

"Thou shall not bear false witness”
I am WRATH, incarnate.
@RlyeeNicole’sDad
Post #: 132
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/2/2018 6:51:19 PM   
Ragnarök

Its no coincidence I have a horse skull on my fence post (no lie)...
Post #: 133
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/2/2018 6:52:57 PM   
Richard Neussendorfer

10 freaking points against NE! Completely inexcusable!

I suppose next week we will score a decent amount only to have the D suck and special teams give up a td.
Post #: 134
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/2/2018 6:58:23 PM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Richard Neussendorfer

I see a team with no heart or fire. As soon as they play a decent team they fold in short order.

Where is the "You like that" guy in these games. Bears and Pats games he looked like scared puppy sitting on the bench.
Post #: 135
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/2/2018 6:59:25 PM   
Richard Neussendorfer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mark Anderson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Richard Neussendorfer

Where is the "You like that" guy in these games. Bears and Pats games he looked like scared puppy sitting on the bench.

Great point Mark!
Post #: 136
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/2/2018 7:04:44 PM   
marty

NE has a defense that is playing better than their sieve of last season, they haven't been giving up many points at home, and become harder to score on when money is on the visiting team and the refs favor NE.

Cousins needs to have everyone give up on him before he becomes the fiery "you like that ?" QB.

That is why I picked next year to be the Super Bowl winning season with Cousins, and they will need to be a wildcard team that everyone sleeps on.

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 137
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/2/2018 7:06:12 PM   
Pager

quote:

quote:

Way to

We get it...

Really..

Might as well post it on all threads in case some remotely uninterested person might have missed it or possibly misunderstood your position..

No doubt.

Post how that compares to other QBs. How does ARod do against winning teams? Or Philip Rivers?

Then it'd have some depth to it.

Otherwise it's just noise.

Left picking up the pieces.
Post #: 138
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/2/2018 7:10:13 PM   
Richard Neussendorfer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Pager

quote:

quote:

Way to

We get it...

Really..

No doubt.

Post how that compares to other QBs. How does ARod do against winning teams? Or Philip Rivers?

Then it'd have some depth to it.

Otherwise it's just noise.

While I agree with you I feel like 4-19 is terrible and guys like Brady Rodgers Brees etc wouldnt be close to that bad. I'd like to see the numbers though.
Post #: 139
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/2/2018 7:16:37 PM   
Ricky J

I keep waiting for us to take that next big step.

We don't. When we need something big it appears we don't get it done. Is the lack of an above avg line what is needed to succeed successfully in the NFL?

I keep hoping it'll all come together yet

- I'm not impressed with the play calling at all ... but it's not like I can tell you why we can't open it up more or why from downtown we throw 3 underneath patterns that require a big run at the end to get a 1st down.

- when I heard those clowns talking about how Flip could be in line for one of he head jobs I'm like, "Give it to him" - was that warranted or not?
Post #: 140
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/2/2018 7:21:12 PM   
Ragnarök

From 2017 stats...

Top 5 quarterbacks vs. winning teams
Quarterback Wins Losses
Matthew Stafford 5 46
Aaron Rodgers 21 29
Tom Brady 50 33
Matt Ryan 17 22
Drew Brees 20 48
Russell Wilson 19 12

Kirk Cousins to date 4 23

Does it feel like we have Stafford more than Brady in Cousins??

< Message edited by Ragnarök -- 12/2/2018 7:26:56 PM >
Post #: 141
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/2/2018 7:28:03 PM   
Pager

quote:

From 2017 stats...

Top 5 quarterbacks vs. winning teams
Quarterback Wins Losses
Matthew Stafford 5 46
Aaron Rodgers 21 29
Tom Brady 50 33
Matt Ryan 17 22
Drew Brees 20 48
Russell Wilson 19 12

Does it feel like we have Stafford more than Brady in Cousins??

Everyone has a Stafford when compared to Brady. If that's your expectation, no wonder you're pissed.
So two QBs have winning records vs winning teams. Brees and Arod, FHOFers, have losing records.

What's the narrative again?

Post #: 142
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/2/2018 7:36:32 PM   
Ragnarök

Last year we excelled with a O line that on paper was worse than combinations this year (stats do lie, eye test says so...) Much of this was in part because we had a QB playing for his life and fast and free, rolling out, ducking and juking to buy time and make big downfield plays to contested WRs that just worked some how... Lucky horeshoe and all...

This year we bring in a Big armed guy, very accurate pocket passer when allowed the time to throw... BUT behind this O line it just isnt working, coupled with the HC mantra and new offensive genius that is Flip its not meshing?

Some things never change about being a Vikes fan...

Then-Vikings coach Jerry Burns said Walker didn’t fit into his offense well and he couldn’t change it for one player. Walker, who averaged 12.8 carries in 43 games with the Vikings, disputes that, saying he could have been effective in any offense if given more chances.

The bottom line, though, is the Vikings mortgaged their future for a player they thought could be the final piece to a championship. The deal was put together by then-general manager Mike Lynn, who died in 2012.

What needs to change for 2019 to make Kirk Cousisn a viable QB option on a winning team ??

< Message edited by Ragnarök -- 12/2/2018 7:40:13 PM >
Post #: 143
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/2/2018 7:39:11 PM   
Zoilo

Stats are overrated. TD passes at garbage time in a blowout are worthless and interceptions thrown when a team is down by 14 in a game with less than a minute to go are meaningless.

Z
Post #: 144
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/2/2018 7:43:50 PM   
bohumm

The O-line is worse than last year, with Berger and Easton gone and Elf moving backwards. RT is improved, but Reiff is not as good.

We also had a Houdini-style scrambler with a horseshoe in his ass, which helps overcome bad blocking.
Post #: 145
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/2/2018 7:50:54 PM   
Pager

QB is the most team dependent position in probably sports.

Best article I read broke down Superbowl winners of the last twenty years. They ranked the run game of the team and the defense. We have the 3rd rank defense and the 28th rush (roughly). Add them up. Ours is 31.

Only two QBs were able to win with a score above 20. Aaron rodgers and I think Brady.

Tonight sucked. Cousins sucked. Our oline is godawful.

Do I wish we had gone with Keenum? Hell no. I also understand moving on from Teddy with the injury risk.

We need to fix the online. Until then, I reserve judgement on the Cousins signing. Cousins will either step up and muddle along as he has. The money is irrelevant to me.

< Message edited by Pager -- 12/2/2018 8:14:40 PM >

Post #: 146
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/2/2018 7:59:23 PM   
Pager

Oline was much better last yr.

2017 Reif > 2018 Reif
Easton > Compton
2017 Elf > 2018 Elf pls jones
Berger >>>> Remmers

Only position better is Oneil vs Remmers. Hill played too many snaps at RT tho so I'll call that a wash.

Some of the statements on here are just outlandish.

Post #: 147
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/2/2018 8:00:01 PM   
Pager

We also played an easier schedule last yr. That matters,

Post #: 148
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/2/2018 8:00:49 PM   
Dana Turner

I was on the fence when we went after Cousins because he hadn't shown anything more with his chances than a guy like Jay Cutler, or Jeff George, or Sam Bradford. Sure, there are times against the weaker defenses he puts up excellent numbers and looks like a QB, but in reality, he's never really done much against the better defensive coordinators or top flight defenses. It's the truth, you can spin it any way you want, but the truth is the truth. Most of the time, if a QB is going to be a really good one, it shows in the first few years, if he's just going to be a good to average guy, that shows up too. Cousins has a lot of talent, he can certainly spin the ball, but leadership isn't about that, it's about what's in your head and heart.

I wasn't counting this as a victory for the Vikings, it's tough to beat the Pat's at home in December, but I wanted to see more fight, more determination, especially in our leaders. The Vikings have a talented team, they just seem to be lacking that extra fight, the moxie. Oh well, it's not like we should be expecting much more than this, we haven't seen it, so why expect it.

Seattle is beatable in their place, but it is a must win game, so...............
Post #: 149
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/2/2018 8:01:31 PM   
Zoilo

Pager,
I see you and I joined this form on the same day and we have nearly the same # of posts.
Just thought I'd say hi.

Z
Post #: 150
Page:   <<   < prev  4 5 [6] 7 8   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  4 5 [6] 7 8   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode