Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: General Vikes Talk

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  59 60 [61] 62 63   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/31/2018 8:10:16 AM   
Bill Jandro

quote:

ORIGINAL: Brad H

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Jandro

quote:

The Bears have one of the best o-lines in football and two great corners. The two most important units on the field.

Bears oline is good but not the best in football

Their Dline is absolutely terrific

CB's are marginal at best

They now have Long back from injury. IMO, when healthy, he's the best guard in pro football. That was a huge addition to get in week 17. They went from good to great.

Their oline is very good

But their CB's are not very good. Prince Amukamara and Kyle Fuller?

Oline...early and often this draft
Post #: 1501
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/31/2018 8:16:04 AM   
Ryan Buckingham

The O-Line was a joke all season, especially Compton and Remmers. Those guys can't hold their own at all. O'Neill is too light right now, but he might be a pretty good player as he gets older and more experience. Isiadora had as much to being to the table as Compton, so he should be in there.

Kyle Rudolph and his "run backward" (which is about as fast as he runs forward anyway at this point) play can go away. I can't see him being on the team next year, unless he makes a recovery that can be expected after ankle surgery. I think Murray looked the same in 2017 after his ankle surgery. No speed at all.

I'm sure I'm the only one who thinks this offense looked better with Murray than Cook. Murray seems to get plenty of yards, maybe because they don't key on him or something, I don't know. It just looked like when Cook came back the offense looked a lot less effective. Cook seems to want to get the huge play on every snap and leaves too much meat on the bone for my taste. Just get the 5 yards and be happy with it.

Our CB, did they have a pick all season? Rhodes is good, but Waynes is not worth a reinvestment. He makes no plays at all.

I know that none of this stuff is "hot take" other than maybe my feelings on Cook, but I had to say it.

Improvise, overcome and adapt!
Post #: 1502
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/31/2018 8:17:29 AM   
Brad H

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

The Bears have one of the best o-lines in football and two great corners. The two most important units on the field.

They now have Long back from injury. IMO, when healthy, he's the best guard in pro football. That was a huge addition to get in week 17. They went from good to great.

Their oline is very good

Where were Diggs and Thielen on Sunday? Blanketed the entire afternoon. Cousins was left trying to throw deep to Aldrick Robinson. The offensive line played as well as they could in pass-protect. At some point the wide receivers have to get open, and they were covered all day. Even when Diggs and Thielen did make catches, they were tackled quickly.

Fuller and Amukamara were awesome on Sunday. You can spin it how you want, but they completely silenced what was supposed to be one of the better tandems in the league.

Defense starts at the corners!
Post #: 1503
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/31/2018 8:20:41 AM   
Bill Jandro

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Their oline is very good

Where were Diggs and Thielen on Sunday? Blanketed the entire afternoon. Cousins was left trying to throw deep to Aldrick Robinson. The offensive line played as well as they could in pass-protect. At some point the wide receivers have to get open, and they were covered all day. Even when Diggs and Thielen did make catches, they were tackled quickly.

Fuller and Amukamara were awesome on Sunday. You can spin it how you want, but they completely silenced what was supposed to be one of the better tandems in the league.

Any cb can look good when your pass rush is constantly in the opposing qb's face. Couple that with our inability to run the ball effectively makes our offense easy to defend.

Post #: 1504
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/31/2018 8:22:21 AM   
Brad H

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ryan Buckingham

The O-Line was a joke all season, especially Compton and Remmers. Those guys can't hold their own at all. O'Neill is too light right now, but he might be a pretty good player as he gets older and more experience. Isiadora had as much to being to the table as Compton, so he should be in there.

Kyle Rudolph and his "run backward" (which is about as fast as he runs forward anyway at this point) play can go away. I can't see him being on the team next year, unless he makes a recovery that can be expected after ankle surgery. I think Murray looked the same in 2017 after his ankle surgery. No speed at all.

I'm sure I'm the only one who thinks this offense looked better with Murray than Cook. Murray seems to get plenty of yards, maybe because they don't key on him or something, I don't know. It just looked like when Cook came back the offense looked a lot less effective. Cook seems to want to get the huge play on every snap and leaves too much meat on the bone for my taste. Just get the 5 yards and be happy with it.

Our CB, did they have a pick all season? Rhodes is good, but Waynes is not worth a reinvestment. He makes no plays at all.

I know that none of this stuff is "hot take" other than maybe my feelings on Cook, but I had to say it.

Agree entirely on Murray and Cook. Murray is good at the quick hitter up the middle and a far superior blocker. If the play gives you two yards, get two yards. It's always better to have 2nd and 8 than 2nd and 11. Cook has four touchdowns in two seasons. Not very good for a guy that was supposed to be the savior.

Waynes is awful....PERIOD!

< Message edited by Brad H -- 12/31/2018 8:24:55 AM >

Post #: 1505
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/31/2018 8:25:55 AM   
Brad H

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Their oline is very good

Any cb can look good when your pass rush is constantly in the opposing qb's face. Couple that with our inability to run the ball effectively makes our offense easy to defend.

Some people seem to forget that the Chicago defense was very good before Khalil Mack showed up. They finished #10 in total yardage a season ago, and were arguably the best defense in the league the second half of the season.

Why? Because in a league where passing is at an all-time high, they have guys that can cover. #1 in both yards-per-pass-play and QB rating.

Conversely, Waynes and our #4 guy couldn't cover White, Gabriel and Wyms when it mattered on Sunday.

< Message edited by Brad H -- 12/31/2018 8:38:22 AM >

Post #: 1506
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/31/2018 8:27:27 AM   
CPAMAN

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rob Viking

I am willing to give Zimmer another year. This team is the toughest they've been since the 70s, you can see that there is a culture in place, something I didn't feel was there under Green, Tice or Chilly. There was plenty of turnover this season, not to mention teams were gunning for us, guys like Payton, McVay and Nagy spent the extra effort I am sure to find ways to attack Zimmer's D. 2 division titles in 4 years, a 40-23-1 record in that span, he earns another year IMO. As good as the team played last season it was a little smoke and mirrors and we played teams at the right time.

Tough is the last word I would use to describe this Vikings team.

Lots of Christopher Columbus statues available on ebay.
Post #: 1507
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/31/2018 8:35:34 AM   
Richard Neussendorfer

quote:

ORIGINAL: CPAMAN

quote:

I am willing to give Zimmer another year. This team is the toughest they've been since the 70s, you can see that there is a culture in place, something I didn't feel was there under Green, Tice or Chilly. There was plenty of turnover this season, not to mention teams were gunning for us, guys like Payton, McVay and Nagy spent the extra effort I am sure to find ways to attack Zimmer's D. 2 division titles in 4 years, a 40-23-1 record in that span, he earns another year IMO. As good as the team played last season it was a little smoke and mirrors and we played teams at the right time.

Tough is the last word I would use to describe this Vikings team.

Agreed. They look soft as cottonelle.
Post #: 1508
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/31/2018 8:39:28 AM   
ronhextall

I thought they were tough last year and played with an edge, especially on D.

I didn’t seem like that this year. They seemed fat and happy.
Post #: 1509
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/31/2018 8:42:59 AM   
Brad H

On another note, why is it that Xavier Rhodes always seems to be injured when it matters? Is it just bad luck? Dude is really becoming a China doll.

Post #: 1510
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/31/2018 8:54:22 AM   
Jeff Jesser

Tough versus not tough for me is simply this. They are Zimmer. They are "tough" when it's easy. When the chips are laid down have they ever shown up?
Post #: 1511
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/31/2018 8:59:29 AM   
Richard Neussendorfer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jeff Jesser

Tough versus not tough for me is simply this. They are Zimmer. They are "tough" when it's easy. When the chips are laid down have they ever shown up?

I'm in total agreement Jeff!
Post #: 1512
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/31/2018 9:01:50 AM   
Todd M

There is nothing this team can do and no pieces they can add that will ever have me over confident again. I didn't think we'd lose 3 games all year. Never again!
Post #: 1513
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/31/2018 9:19:06 AM   
David F.

Daniel Carlson finished 16–17 and made all his PATs for Oakland. Don’t talk to me about pressure kicks - the kid was kicking to save his career every time he went out there. If speilman and zimmer are safe for the love of god let’s at least get rid of Priefer.

I wouldn't give ANY qb $30-50+ mil unless that QB had won me a Super Bowl. Did you win a Super Bowl on your rookie deal? Yes? Great! Here's your hugenormous contract. F it let's just run victory laps and love life. No? Good luck. Next!
Post #: 1514
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/31/2018 9:23:01 AM   
Todd M

quote:

ORIGINAL: David F.

Daniel Carlson finished 16–17 and made all his PATs for Oakland. Don’t talk to me about pressure kicks - the kid was kicking to save his career every time he went out there. If speilman and zimmer are safe for the love of god let’s at least get rid of Priefer.

Of course I agree. To me the pressure of being released after 2 games and having to prove yourself was no easier than starting off your career hoping to make a name for yourself.

The second it's confirmed he's staying, if that's the way they go, is the second I'll have no faith that anything changes that gets us over the top. The worst thing is thinking if asked right now Zim would lock him in.
Post #: 1515
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/31/2018 9:24:31 AM  1 votes
Daniel Lee Young

Good lord this board is a study in bipolarism..

Win and everything including coaches gets lauded,
Lose and everything belongs in a chit filled dumpster fire sunk in lake Minnetonka...

It’s hilarious..

Both sides of the ball and winning or losing a game start in the trenches..

If your pocket explodes and I guy can just throw a lineman aside and be in the backfield in 1 second, that’s on player, personnel choices, coaching, line calls, the QB for not checking out of a bad play.... etc

It’s a team game..

Too many want to heap all the blame on a coach or this player or that management.

The fact is we have decent offensive weapons in Murray, cook, diggs, cousins and theilen, but the offensive line is horrible.

Having a coach die, an offensive co- ordinator that proves the Peter principle, then gets rightly fired is huge.

The offense that Defilipo installed was a chit show from day one, and all year and we were stuck with it.

Some people think changing plays and offensive strategy is as simple as picking a new play on Xbox madden..

In real life it is not and if you think it is, there is no point in discussing football with you because you do not understand the basics of game planning, personnel, defensive tendencies, opposing teams strengths and weaknesses.. ad nausium.

I might be an asshole, but I try to limit it to Republicans, politics and certain social issues that I have direct experience with.

I have purple Porter, CPAMAN and Ragnarok, hoiseth,plus 12 others on block for a reason...

I can not tolerate their posting style and negativity.

Some are on block just because I can’t and won’t bother trying to reason with stubbornness or idiotic conspiracy theorist bull chit...

I am not here to have everyone like me and like everyone here, we disagree on points of view.

I was one of the worst at trash talking other people and I was banned for it..

I had to make a conscious effort to change and even though I still get touchy and lose my cool, at LEAST I try not to be as vicious as I can be..

I have ZERO respect or time for a guy who BRAGS about going to a foreign county and slaughtering hundreds, I if not thousands of parakeets, but thinks that it’s ok, because he allowed the starving locals to eat the carrion of his senseless, glutinous Behavioural psychosis.

But i’ m The sick one..

Wtf ever..

< Message edited by Daniel Lee Young -- 12/31/2018 9:27:58 AM >

"Thou shall not bear false witness”
I am WRATH, incarnate.
@RlyeeNicole’sDad
Post #: 1516
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/31/2018 9:25:24 AM   
Richard Neussendorfer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Todd M

quote:

ORIGINAL: David F.

Of course I agree. To me the pressure of being released after 2 games and having to prove yourself was no easier than starting off your career hoping to make a name for yourself.

The second it's confirmed he's staying, if that's the way they go, is the second I'll have no faith that anything changes that gets us over the top. The worst thing is thinking if asked right now Zim would lock him in.

Yup. I don't think there will be any great changes. We will be stuck with Zimmer and his we should have run it more bs for at least 1 more year.
Post #: 1517
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/31/2018 9:29:27 AM   
Todd M

Baily missed 7 FG's an extra point.

Wile can kick the crap out of the ball though.

Still can't give Priefer anything but an F.
Post #: 1518
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/31/2018 9:40:15 AM   
Bill Jandro

Anyone know the length of Zimmers contract ext given in 2016?

If it is up after 2019 he would be on a one year lame duck contract next season. This is never a good thing to get players to buy in.

Post #: 1519
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/31/2018 9:52:49 AM   
Todd M

quote:

If it is up after 2019 he would be on a one year lame duck contract next season. This is never a good thing to get players to buy in.

Information on all that isn't easy to nail down. It was a 2 year ext given after his 3rd year. He just finished year 5...what was his initial contract - 5 years? If it was 5 he would be good through 2020 then. If it was 4 then next year would be his last under contract.
Post #: 1520
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/31/2018 9:55:26 AM   
Jeff Jesser

quote:

Baily missed 7 FG's an extra point.

Wile can kick the crap out of the ball though.

Still can't give Priefer anything but an F.

It is pretty disheartening when you play at home for a "win and in" and your punter is the MVP of the day.
Post #: 1521
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/31/2018 9:56:01 AM   
Jeff Jesser

quote:

quote:

Information on all that isn't easy to nail down. It was a 2 year ext given after his 3rd year. He just finished year 5...what was his initial contract - 5 years? If it was 5 he would be good through 2020 then. If it was 4 then next year would be his last under contract.

I read this AM that both he and RS have 1 more year only.
Post #: 1522
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/31/2018 9:59:41 AM   
Karl Juhnke

quote:

quote:

Tough is not a word I would use to describe the Vikings.

They're tough... On defense. I'm just tired of a coach who doesn't give a crap about the other half of the team.
Post #: 1523
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/31/2018 10:02:56 AM   
Todd M

quote:

quote:

quote:

Hmm, if true that is not ideal.

Maybe, what do I know...maybe it forces them to get out of their comfort zone and lock some shit down.
Post #: 1524
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/31/2018 10:07:31 AM   
Bill Jandro

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Hmm, if true that is not ideal.

Maybe, what do I know...maybe it forces them to get out of their comfort zone and lock some shit down.

Sounds like the perfect time to turn the page on both

Post #: 1525
Page:   <<   < prev  59 60 [61] 62 63   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  59 60 [61] 62 63   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode