Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: Wild 2019/2020 Season

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Other Minnesota Sports] >> Minnesota Wild >> RE: Wild 2019/2020 Season Page: <<   < prev  27 28 [29] 30 31   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Wild 2019/2020 Season - 11/27/2019 8:35:05 AM   
Phil Riewer

Just think if they had the overtime issue figured out....

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 701
RE: Wild 2019/2020 Season - 11/27/2019 9:19:33 AM   
TJSweens

I hope BB is realizing that Greenway, Kunin and Eriksson Ek need to stay together no matter what other line combos he thinkers with. They are already forcing the other team's top line to spend a lot of time back checking. They're starting to figure out the offensive side of it. Let them keep playing together and learning.

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 702
RE: Wild 2019/2020 Season - 11/27/2019 2:55:02 PM   
SoMnFan

If I should leave here suddenly ….

Have a great Thanksgiving weekend, everyone!
Stay safe
Enjoy the family.

Work like a Captain.
Play like a Pirate.
Post #: 703
RE: Wild 2019/2020 Season - 11/28/2019 4:54:27 PM   
kevinemmer

quote:

ORIGINAL: SoMnFan

If I should leave here suddenly ….

Have a great Thanksgiving weekend, everyone!
Stay safe
Enjoy the family.

And to you as well!
🙏☃️
Post #: 704
RE: Wild 2019/2020 Season - 12/1/2019 4:47:27 PM   
SoMnFan

That damn near looked rigged.
Great game.
Pretty cool Koivu.
Parise has been telling me to go F myself
BB FINALLY FIGURED OUT FIALA CAN SKATE
great OT decisions

Work like a Captain.
Play like a Pirate.
Post #: 705
RE: Wild 2019/2020 Season - 12/1/2019 5:03:56 PM   
stfrank

When we tied it to get to OT I told the wife we will lose in OT for sure.......
Then they proceeded to play a very smart, good OT session of 3 on 3 and Captain K gets the winner with his patented move......
Yup, couldn't have written a better script for Mikko's 1000th game.
Very nice win.
Post #: 706
RE: Wild 2019/2020 Season - 12/1/2019 10:10:51 PM   
Jeff Jesser

You guys are asking for punishment. What has life dealt you for this?
Post #: 707
RE: Wild 2019/2020 Season - 12/2/2019 7:18:19 AM   
TJSweens

I think it may be time to revisit the Fenton trades:
Outgoing: Nino, GP 27, G 3, Pts 10, +/- -6
Incoming: Rask, GP 17, G 2, Pts 4, +/- +5

Outgoing: Granlund, GP 26, G 4, Pts 11, -3
Incoming: Fiala, GP 22, G 6, Pts 14, +1

Outgoing: Coyle, GP 27, G 5, Pts 15 , +3
Incoming: Donato, GP 25 , G 3, Pts 6, +3

I think we are winning 2 of the 3 deals so far, this year. At the very least, these trades were not the franchise killer a lot of people thought they would be.

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 708
RE: Wild 2019/2020 Season - 12/2/2019 7:50:46 AM   
Phil Riewer

I think you can tie the recent better play to the improvement of Fiala and Stalock being in goal.

Post #: 709
RE: Wild 2019/2020 Season - 12/2/2019 8:40:07 AM   
TJSweens

Rask has also made a quantum leap in his game since last year. A year ago, he just looked slow and lost on the ice. Since he was put in the lineup this year, he has done a good job of centering the 4th line and checking the shit out the other team's top line. He is a + 5, playing against the other side's best.

Last year, Nino went to Carolina and the switch flipped back to good Nino. He was the physical presence along the boards and agitator in the crease, who scored goals and sneered at the guys trying to cheap shot him in front of the net. This year Dr. Nino has gone back to Mr. Hide. The invisible Nino, who skates up and down his wing and collects a large paycheck. He is playing a top 6 role for Carolina and sucking at it. In 10 extra games and almost 6 more minutes a game, he has 1 more goal than Rask and is -11 relative to Rask.

Post #: 710
RE: Wild 2019/2020 Season - 12/2/2019 10:25:23 AM   
SoMnFan

quote:

ORIGINAL: TJSweens

I think it may be time to revisit the Fenton trades:
Outgoing: Nino, GP 27, G 3, Pts 10, +/- -6
Incoming: Rask, GP 17, G 2, Pts 4, +/- +5

Outgoing: Granlund, GP 26, G 4, Pts 11, -3
Incoming: Fiala, GP 22, G 6, Pts 14, +1

Outgoing: Coyle, GP 27, G 5, Pts 15 , +3
Incoming: Donato, GP 25 , G 3, Pts 6, +3

I think we are winning 2 of the 3 deals so far, this year. At the very least, these trades were not the franchise killer a lot of people thought they would be.

Good stuff
I like all 3 deals.
Steps in the right direction

Loving Fiala's potential
Maybe for once we will be the team enjoying the payoff on one of these guys

Work like a Captain.
Play like a Pirate.
Post #: 711
RE: Wild 2019/2020 Season - 12/2/2019 10:26:11 AM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

Rask has also made a quantum leap in his game since last year. A year ago, he just looked slow and lost on the ice. Since he was put in the lineup this year, he has done a good job of centering the 4th line and checking the shit out the other team's top line. He is a + 5, playing against the other side's best.

Last year, Nino went to Carolina and the switch flipped back to good Nino. He was the physical presence along the boards and agitator in the crease, who scored goals and sneered at the guys trying to cheap shot him in front of the net. This year Dr. Nino has gone back to Mr. Hide. The invisible Nino, who skates up and down his wing and collects a large paycheck. He is playing a top 6 role for Carolina and sucking at it. In 10 extra games and almost 6 more minutes a game, he has 1 more goal than Rask and is -11 relative to Rask.

Kind of sucks that Foligno is back so Rask will prob get pine time now as Donato has picked it up but now he had a poor game and led to a goal the past game.

Post #: 712
RE: Wild 2019/2020 Season - 12/2/2019 10:28:27 AM   
SoMnFan

quote:

More good stuff
I have grumbled about Rask, but he's a damn good bottom-of-the-roster guy
BB talked about having a hard time deciding between him and Donato for the last roster spot now that Foligno is back
BB gives those hints and its fun to follow along

Work like a Captain.
Play like a Pirate.
Post #: 713
RE: Wild 2019/2020 Season - 12/2/2019 10:29:23 AM   
SoMnFan

BB said the only thing that made him choose Rask as odd man out was that Donato had scored recently

Work like a Captain.
Play like a Pirate.
Post #: 714
RE: Wild 2019/2020 Season - 12/2/2019 10:31:25 AM   
SoMnFan

Dubnyk not on road trip
I'm good with our goalie rotation
Loved how they used Stalock for the OT resets yesterday
A goalie who can handle the puck is awesome to have. Use it.
Someone has really been thinking about our OT plan
I'm betting that was one area that Guerin freaked out about.

Work like a Captain.
Play like a Pirate.
Post #: 715
RE: Wild 2019/2020 Season - 12/2/2019 10:32:08 AM   
TJSweens

quote:

ORIGINAL: Phil Riewer

quote:

Kind of sucks that Foligno is back so Rask will prob get pine time now as Donato has picked it up but now he had a poor game and led to a goal the past game.

Honestly, Donato should be the one riding the pine. Even if he has picked it up, he has the look of a chicken with its head cut off a lot of the time. Rask is the only true center on that 4th line group.

Post #: 716
RE: Wild 2019/2020 Season - 12/2/2019 10:34:53 AM   
SoMnFan

BETTMANN is just flat-out F-ing with us now.
This years schedule has gone from stupid to just plain idiotic.
We get one home game a month, I guess.
I'm sure everyone is geeked about all the home games that MUST be coming at some point.
Yeah, well, it'd be nice to be a little more balanced, like everyone else is.
Hey, lets put em in a horrific hole. That said, it has made us be a pretty decent road team.
If we get back to playing like a normal NHL home-ice-advantage team, it bodes well.

Work like a Captain.
Play like a Pirate.
Post #: 717
RE: Wild 2019/2020 Season - 12/2/2019 10:35:04 AM   
TJSweens

quote:

Dubnyk not on road trip

Very sad that this is how it came to be that Stalock is finally getting run in goal. Dubnyk's wife is apparently very very sick. I wish her a speedy recovery.

Post #: 718
RE: Wild 2019/2020 Season - 12/2/2019 10:35:31 AM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

Dubnyk not on road trip

It sucks that Dube's wife has health issues but Stalock should start over him...he put us behind the 8 ball as he really struggled the first 10 games he played in and the games he did play well he would give up an OT goal.

Post #: 719
RE: Wild 2019/2020 Season - 12/2/2019 10:36:23 AM   
SoMnFan

quote:

quote:

quote:

Honestly, Donato should be the one riding the pine. Even if he has picked it up, he has the look of a chicken with its head cut off a lot of the time. Rask is the only true center on that 4th line group.

That's what I thought as well
And usually I'd be "use the dude that scores"
But not when its your final spot.
Donato has become "that guy" for me. Not impressed.
Can shoot. Needs a lot of work in all other areas, imo.

Work like a Captain.
Play like a Pirate.
Post #: 720
RE: Wild 2019/2020 Season - 12/2/2019 10:37:29 AM   
SoMnFan

Well said Phil and Sweens, I hate that it took Duby's wife's illness to make it happen, but it has improved us.

Work like a Captain.
Play like a Pirate.
Post #: 721
RE: Wild 2019/2020 Season - 12/2/2019 10:37:43 AM   
TJSweens

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

That's what I thought as well
And usually I'd be "use the dude that scores"
But not when its your final spot.
Donato has become "that guy" for me. Not impressed.
Can shoot. Needs a lot of work in all other areas, imo.

I think a trip to Iowa to find his game would be in order.

Post #: 722
RE: Wild 2019/2020 Season - 12/2/2019 10:40:02 AM   
SoMnFan

Esp when Rask kinda had to revamp his game, to fit in, and he DID.
Should be rewarded for that kind of effort.

Work like a Captain.
Play like a Pirate.
Post #: 723
RE: Wild 2019/2020 Season - 12/2/2019 10:43:06 AM   
TJSweens

quote:

Yep, right now Donato has to fill a role he is not at all accustomed to and it shows.

Post #: 724
RE: Wild 2019/2020 Season - 12/2/2019 10:57:21 AM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

quote:

Yep, right now Donato has to fill a role he is not at all accustomed to and it shows.

I heard that all BB said is Rask needs to work on his skating...he must have as BB hasn't said anything about it and feels bad he can't reward the guy....(BB is really good at pushing buttons except on the Parise's, Mikko's, and Suters)

Post #: 725
Page:   <<   < prev  27 28 [29] 30 31   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Other Minnesota Sports] >> Minnesota Wild >> RE: Wild 2019/2020 Season Page: <<   < prev  27 28 [29] 30 31   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode