Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: Wild 2019/2020 Season

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Other Minnesota Sports] >> Minnesota Wild >> RE: Wild 2019/2020 Season Page: <<   < prev  32 33 [34] 35 36   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Wild 2019/2020 Season - 12/18/2019 9:10:14 AM   
stfrank

quote:

ORIGINAL: SoMnFan

Damn
Helluva game in Vegas
We played well with half a roster
Took everything that bunch of pricks had in em to beat us.
Vegas has quickly climbed the "jackass" chart in the NHL.
Disrespectful pricks.
Bunch of big babies who wait for refs to get in between the action, then poke and punch like little girls.
Of course, after they've broken a stick or two over your back with crosschecks.
Gallant was a nasty F when he played, and he's built them in his likeness.
And no, its not good, tough, hockey. Last night was a night where you long for the Derek Boogard days.
NONE of that crap woulda happened had he been sitting there.
For a worthless dump like Englund to think his job is to harass a legit NHLer like Staal, you have to be a disrespectful prick.
One of our bigger guys needed to tune him up, or injure him. Yeah, I said it.
Whatever. Had to get that off my chest.
We are actually playing really well, imo. Get this roadie done and get home. And start piling up points again.
Every young guy that played last night was pretty good. Dumba was not.

Dumba has been bad all season....
I only watched the first part of the game, so I missed the crap Englund did to Staal. I did see Greenway pop him in the face with his long reach as the refs were between them like you said. They were a fun team that first year, but I agree, they have become very unlikable in a hurry.
Post #: 826
RE: Wild 2019/2020 Season - 12/18/2019 10:02:49 AM   
stfrank

I'm betting BB breaks out the beach ball in Arizona tomorrow night.....
Post #: 827
RE: Wild 2019/2020 Season - 12/18/2019 10:58:28 AM   
SoMnFan

quote:

ORIGINAL: stfrank

quote:

Damn
Helluva game in Vegas
Disrespectful pricks.
Bunch of big babies who wait for refs to get in between the action, then poke and punch like little girls.
And no, its not good, tough, hockey. Last night was a night where you long for the Derek Boogard days.
For a worthless dump like Englund to think his job is to harass a legit NHLer like Staal, you have to be a disrespectful prick.
We are actually playing really well, imo. Get this roadie done and get home. And start piling up points again.

I only watched the first part of the game, so I missed the crap Englund did to Staal. I did see Greenway pop him in the face with his long reach as the refs were between them like you said. They were a fun team that first year, but I agree, they have become very unlikable in a hurry.

He knocked Staal down with 3-4 vicious crosschecks to the back, the Parise kind.
Then once Staal went down and basically tapped out, the asshole gave him about 4 more
Staal spent the rest of the game yapping at him, can imagine what he said.
Its too bad we were too busy trying to win, to waste time on him.
Its been a part of the game forever, but on a Tuesday in December, just play the damn game you twit.
You want to pick on a kid who's a try-hard, I get it. But Staal's paid a due or two. Oh well.
Need to salvage a point or two out of the roadie boys.

Work like a Captain.
Play like a Pirate.
Post #: 828
RE: Wild 2019/2020 Season - 12/18/2019 10:59:32 AM   
SoMnFan

quote:

Yeah, the FSN crew was GIDDY seeing him on the bench.

Stalock was outstanding for the most part
The ones he let in weren't great, but he also saved a couple no one would have gotten.

Work like a Captain.
Play like a Pirate.
Post #: 829
RE: Wild 2019/2020 Season - 12/18/2019 11:53:50 AM   
Jeff Jesser

quote:

quote:

quote:

Damn
Helluva game in Vegas
Disrespectful pricks.

He knocked Staal down with 3-4 vicious crosschecks to the back, the Parise kind.
Then once Staal went down and basically tapped out, the asshole gave him about 4 more
Staal spent the rest of the game yapping at him, can imagine what he said.
Its too bad we were too busy trying to win, to waste time on him.
Its been a part of the game forever, but on a Tuesday in December, just play the damn game you twit.
You want to pick on a kid who's a try-hard, I get it. But Staal's paid a due or two. Oh well.
Need to salvage a point or two out of the roadie boys.

This is EXACTLY why I warned every moving lip that I ran in to when they were starting to weed out the goons. I argued that it was a very bad idea all around. I was never a "fight" guy. I could care less if a guy fights. That's not the point. The point is to keep asses like Marchand in check. A last minute sub of Boogy (like you mention) does that. He didn't even have to drop the gloves. He just needed to be present. It made all the difference.
Post #: 830
RE: Wild 2019/2020 Season - 12/18/2019 11:57:06 AM   
SoMnFan

Bingo, Jeff
Ironically, you need a fighter on hand, to make sure hockey gets played some nights.
Our toughest guys have enough on their plate, they don't need to get injured punching that moron in the helmet.

Work like a Captain.
Play like a Pirate.
Post #: 831
RE: Wild 2019/2020 Season - 12/18/2019 12:07:22 PM   
TJSweens

Either that or you need the dickless wonders in the striped shirts to start calling those rapid fire cross checks. I mean it's not like they're legal.

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 832
RE: Wild 2019/2020 Season - 12/18/2019 12:10:47 PM   
SoMnFan

There's an idea …..

Work like a Captain.
Play like a Pirate.
Post #: 833
RE: Wild 2019/2020 Season - 12/18/2019 12:26:00 PM   
TJSweens

I think selective enforcement of rules is at the heart of most of this bullshit. Start consistently sending players to the box for doing something and chances are they will stop doing it. Just sayin.

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 834
RE: Wild 2019/2020 Season - 12/18/2019 12:27:25 PM   
SoMnFan

You may be on to something …..

Work like a Captain.
Play like a Pirate.
Post #: 835
RE: Wild 2019/2020 Season - 12/19/2019 10:31:41 AM   
SoMnFan

Spurgeon looking good in practices
He's the only one who might return to lineup soon.
Ek not with team, Koivu sent home.

Work like a Captain.
Play like a Pirate.
Post #: 836
RE: Wild 2019/2020 Season - 12/19/2019 10:39:37 AM   
TJSweens

quote:

Spurgeon looking good in practices
He's the only one who might return to lineup soon.
Ek not with team, Koivu sent home.

To Finland?!

Post #: 837
RE: Wild 2019/2020 Season - 12/19/2019 11:06:19 AM   
SoMnFan

No such luck
Just from practice.

Work like a Captain.
Play like a Pirate.
Post #: 838
RE: Wild 2019/2020 Season - 12/19/2019 3:05:32 PM   
TJSweens

Spurgeon will be a game time decision against the Yotes. We need him back so badly.

Post #: 839
RE: Wild 2019/2020 Season - 12/19/2019 11:02:34 PM   
SoMnFan

We have become a TEAM
Damn this is fun.
Eat it Kuemper
We have the best 4th line in hockey.

Work like a Captain.
Play like a Pirate.
Post #: 840
RE: Wild 2019/2020 Season - 12/20/2019 5:49:15 AM   
stfrank

I watched the first 2 periods and it was a fun, up and down the rink style of game that is fun to watch. Really hate when Duby tries to handle the puck....a turnover just waiting to happen every time. That 3rd period must have been a fun one with all the goals I missed.....it was only 4-2 after 2 and we won 8-5.
Post #: 841
RE: Wild 2019/2020 Season - 12/20/2019 7:18:40 AM   
SoMnFan

quote:

I watched the first 2 periods and it was a fun, up and down the rink style of game that is fun to watch. Really hate when Duby tries to handle the puck....a turnover just waiting to happen every time. That 3rd period must have been a fun one with all the goals I missed.....it was only 4-2 after 2 and we won 8-5.

Incredible third
Probably drove BB nuts,. but it ended well.
TWICE the Yotes scored two straight and it looked like we were in deep doo-doo … but each time, we simply went back to work and got the goals.
We have some REAL NHL players finally
Zuccarello is outstanding. You could tell our top guys were skeptical of him early on, but they have now finally realized, he may be the best passer they've ever played with. These guys are celebrating like they have never scored before. that means they are really starting to mesh.
Not much to like on D, but damn, we went toe to toe with one of the top offensive clubs at this point, and had as much in the tank as they did, even with 3 of our top 9 out.
Greenway quietly turned the game a couple of times late. Beast.
Hartman is a blast
Foligno is highly underrated
Suter ain't dead yet
Kunin and Donato and Fiala all still have some warts, but all are game-changers when on.
Nice to get Dubnyk a win on a night he probably didn't deserve one.
Love Carter in the booth, some real insight and some real talk
"maybe Darcy just was done" when talking about the late injury. Something happened with that relationship.
Kuemper pissed off the Wild, and they are making him pay. Whatever it was, I hope others do it too.
When he plays us … low-80s save %. When he plays the REST of the NHL …. 94% save pct. That's a crazy disparity.
Parise earned some $ last night. Little dude took shot after shot after shot in the legs and torso.
Fun one in the desert. Loved the Wild chants that echoed all night.
I've gotten couple of those going in other buildings, and they don't last long unless you are in Phoenix or Vegas.
Get back home and rack up some points fellas!

Work like a Captain.
Play like a Pirate.
Post #: 842
RE: Wild 2019/2020 Season - 12/20/2019 9:27:03 AM   
TJSweens

A lot of drama to process in that game. The biggest thing to me was seeing Spurgeon on the ice again. Even though he didn't show up in the score sheet, he changes the complexion of the team.

SMF's points about Zuccarello are spot on. The man is already the best tape to tape passer in the history of the Wild. I loved the set up on Staal's goal. Zuccs fed it in deep and just turned his back to the play like he already knew it was going in.

The kids are coming on right now. I posted the results of the Fenton trades a while back and Donato was the only one who was significantly behind the player the Wild traded to get him. Donato has now passed Coyle in goals, while playing fewer games and averaging 6 fewer minutes a game than Coyle. Fiala at 8/12/20 continues to lead Granlund 4/8/12 in 2 fewer minutes a game. Rask vs Nino is 3/6/9 vs 4/11/15. Again Rask is centering a 4th line, is plus 13 over Nino, while playing 5 fewer minutes a game than Nino, who spent most of the year in a top 6 role.

Maybe Fenton wasn't as bad as we thought.

Other kids: Kunin is flashing some offense now, but he needs to improve that +/-. Greenway is doing the physical and going into the dirty areas now, but I want to see more offense. Ek, I just want to see him back.

Now the ugly .... Devin Dubnyk. I'm happy as hell that his return means that his wife must be improving. I hope this means she is free and clear of whatever the problem was. The problem is that his return also means he is back on the ice and he is just flat out terrible. I saw the same goals last night that I have seen since we signed him. A shot followed by a pause followed by the sight of the puck tricking through him and into the goal. He has terrible form, constantly leaving gaps for the puck to go through. The first goal of the game was vintage NTG. The puck going through the 5 hole because once again NTG didn't bother to lock the pads together even though he was in the butterfly for a couple of seconds before the shot. Another one was the classic ... didn't even know anyone shot the puck until it was behind him. And of course, he is as bad as ever at coming out to play the puck.

Post #: 843
RE: Wild 2019/2020 Season - 12/20/2019 9:41:04 AM   
Mr. Ed

Thanks for posting goal an point numbers

I must read the wron box scores
None of those I check list what goal it was

Baseball lists what # double triple homer rbi stolen base and caught stealing

These just list goals

I like to know if it’s a players first 10th or whatever

Escape while you can!
Post #: 844
RE: Wild 2019/2020 Season - 12/20/2019 9:53:54 AM   
kgdabom

quote:

What is the Beach Ball? Is that a player?
Can't believe the Wild Score 8 last night. When was the last time they did that?

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 845
RE: Wild 2019/2020 Season - 12/20/2019 9:57:54 AM   
kgdabom

quote:

quote:

Incredible third
Probably drove BB nuts,. but it ended well.
TWICE the Yotes scored two straight and it looked like we were in deep doo-doo … but each time, we simply went back to work and got the goals.
We have some REAL NHL players finally
Zuccarello is outstanding. You could tell our top guys were skeptical of him early on, but they have now finally realized, he may be the best passer they've ever played with. These guys are celebrating like they have never scored before. that means they are really starting to mesh.
Not much to like on D, but damn, we went toe to toe with one of the top offensive clubs at this point, and had as much in the tank as they did, even with 3 of our top 9 out.
Greenway quietly turned the game a couple of times late. Beast.
Hartman is a blast
Foligno is highly underrated
Suter ain't dead yet
Kunin and Donato and Fiala all still have some warts, but all are game-changers when on.
Nice to get Dubnyk a win on a night he probably didn't deserve one.
Love Carter in the booth, some real insight and some real talk
"maybe Darcy just was done" when talking about the late injury. Something happened with that relationship.
Kuemper pissed off the Wild, and they are making him pay. Whatever it was, I hope others do it too.
When he plays us … low-80s save %. When he plays the REST of the NHL …. 94% save pct. That's a crazy disparity.
Parise earned some $ last night. Little dude took shot after shot after shot in the legs and torso.
Fun one in the desert. Loved the Wild chants that echoed all night.
I've gotten couple of those going in other buildings, and they don't last long unless you are in Phoenix or Vegas.
Get back home and rack up some points fellas!

It doesn't matter the sport. Phoenix always has a high percentage of opposition fans. That's because they're all snowbirds.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 846
RE: Wild 2019/2020 Season - 12/20/2019 9:58:36 AM   
SoMnFan

Figured I'd let someone else praise Spurg first

He misses WEEKS, and steps back on the ice, and immediately is our best puck mover.
Dumbas time was significantly less last night, that's a good thing.
I will give Brodin some credit, he has dramatically improved his game, it is now at the passable stage.

Hunt is at times, our best. I really like his game. Combines all the necessary skills.
Its embarrassing that he couldn't crack the Vegas rotation, but maybe that was just a bad break or something, because the guy is pretty damn solid.
Once our productivity from the blue line picked up, we've been competitive every night.

BB is not afraid to send messages
I've been pleased with Fiala and Donato, but they barely played in the third.
He's turned to Rask, and even stuck with Sturm int he third, more than those two.
Unfair, imo, to blame them for anything last night, probably just a product of a HOT 4th line out producing everyone.

Work like a Captain.
Play like a Pirate.
Post #: 847
RE: Wild 2019/2020 Season - 12/20/2019 10:06:16 AM   
TJSweens

Rask / Foligno / Hartman has been a nonstop pain in the other team's ass. Game after game after game. Turns out the other guys don't like their top lines spending entire shifts in their own end of the ice.

< Message edited by TJSweens -- 12/20/2019 10:07:21 AM >

Post #: 848
RE: Wild 2019/2020 Season - 12/20/2019 10:15:16 AM   
SoMnFan

Its so hard not to lose your shit as a coach
Last night was a perfect example of how referees can completely change the course of a game
We are at 2-2 near the end of the third.
The Wild make a couple awesome plays and pot two to make it 4-2.
Whew, right? get to the end of the period and lets close this thing out.
But nooooo. NHL reffing has notoriously done this …. Its time to get involved.
Fiala gets stripped of the puck on an aggressive move by a Yote. Fiala lightly brushes his stick across the jersey of the Yote and the Yote throws his head back like he had been decapitated.
Two minutes on the Wild. BB went from his normal light red to fire engine flaming red.
Because he, and every other fan, knew what was coming. a couple minutes into the next period, its 4-4 and headed in a totally different direction.
Luckily, the Wild were playing well enough to stem the tide and turn it right back around (why I'm so giddy about this win)
But on a normal night, that call would have won the game for Phoenix.
Just trying to prove theres always something to watch regarding reffing. My bitching isn't confined to losses. Very proud that the Wild didn't let the usual BS swing the game the wrong way.
Those are wins you remember.

Work like a Captain.
Play like a Pirate.
Post #: 849
RE: Wild 2019/2020 Season - 12/20/2019 10:16:36 AM   
SoMnFan

quote:

ORIGINAL: TJSweens

Rask / Foligno / Hartman has been a nonstop pain in the other team's ass. Game after game after game. Turns out the other guys don't like their top lines spending entire shifts in their own end of the ice.

The key to great success in any league.
Make the other teams best players HAVE to work hard on defense.

Work like a Captain.
Play like a Pirate.
Post #: 850
Page:   <<   < prev  32 33 [34] 35 36   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Other Minnesota Sports] >> Minnesota Wild >> RE: Wild 2019/2020 Season Page: <<   < prev  32 33 [34] 35 36   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode