Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: General Vikes Talk

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  20 21 [22] 23 24   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/13/2019 4:35:40 PM   
Bruce Johnson

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/09/13/david-bakhtiari-is-questionable-with-back-injury/

We live in a world where we depend upon each other. In other words, we need each other just as God needs us and we need Him. How wonderful it would be if we could unite and live in harmony. Wouldn't it be better that way?
Post #: 526
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/13/2019 4:48:09 PM   
thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: ratoppenheimer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Pager

We only trade for Fitz with the idea that we let Mac go at the end of the year. Fitz is cheap and under contract for several more years.

we're already way over the cap next season...maybe we could squeeze in kearse and harris with team-friendly deals and the idea that we're letting smith go...then we draft a safety early next year....

Chris Tomasson@christomasson
#Vikings CB Mike Hughes was a full participant in practice today. He's listed as doubtful for Sunday at Green Bay but returning on Sept. 22 against Oakland certainly looks to be a reasonable possibility.

Who's hare-brained idea was that?
Post #: 527
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/13/2019 5:19:19 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tom Sykes

Chris Tomasson
‏ @christomasson
56m56 minutes ago

The #Vikings have eight cornerbacks. Holton Hill is on the suspended list. On the active roster, Mackensie Alexander (elbow) missed practice Thursday and Mike Hughes (knee) and Mark Fields (groin) were limited. Fully healthy are Xavier Rhodes, Trae Waynes, Kris Boyd, Nate Meadors

-----------------------------------

Throw in Kearse in some situations but with Rhodes likely to get injured on plays he doesn't cover well ... we are looking at Boyd, Fields and maybe Meadors being on the field Sunday.

Can't wait for Hughes to start playing.

For the pro trade Waynes crowd, you'd be seeing them all...
Post #: 528
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/13/2019 5:25:07 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rob Viking

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bruce Johnson

Our second rounder is not as valuable as other teams second rounder.

We may have Hughes coming back soon, Rhodes, Waynes, Hughes, Mac, Hill, is more than enough, despite the injuries.

Nothing like double counting Hughes , although it is hard to tell intent with the run-on sentence.

Right now we have Rhodes (good for a few in-game hobbles), Waynes, Kearse, and a few varieties of toast.
Post #: 529
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/13/2019 5:28:07 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

quote:

Depending upon the compensation involved, the #Vikings should consider trading for Minkah Fitzpatrick. His versatility would fit so well in this defense. He's under his rookie contract for two more seasons. I think the price will probably be too high, but it's worth exploring.

(Daniel House on Twitter)

should we trade them our 4th for their 5th and fitz?....

Too many damn pumas!
Post #: 530
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/13/2019 5:34:24 PM   
Bruce Johnson

#Packers only gave up 46 rushing yards to the #Bears last week, but Chicago only ran the ball with at least 2 TEs on the field 3 times

How many carries did the #Vikings have with at least 2 TEs on the field last week?

(Adam Patrick on Twitter)

I heard Paul Allen say that he's never seen Kyle Rudolph block better than last Sunday. Paul Charchian replied that Irv Smith was on the field for over 20 plays and that it speaks volumes of how the team views his progress that he played that much in the first game.

< Message edited by Bruce Johnson -- 9/13/2019 5:36:54 PM >

We live in a world where we depend upon each other. In other words, we need each other just as God needs us and we need Him. How wonderful it would be if we could unite and live in harmony. Wouldn't it be better that way?
Post #: 531
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/13/2019 5:38:26 PM   
Bruce Johnson

The Vikings rushed 38 times for 172 yards in last week's victory over Atlanta, the 4th-highest total in the NFL in Week 1. Since 2017, Minnesota is 18-1 when rushing for 100 or more yards, and 19-0 when totaling at least 25 rushing attempts.

(Vikings PR on Twitter)

Post #: 532
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/13/2019 5:42:32 PM   
Bruce Johnson

You're going to like this one Promise.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1172565925335191552

If you're a D-lineman you have to hate these kind of plays. They are going to be gasping for air and backups will have to come in and then it will even get better.

< Message edited by Bruce Johnson -- 9/13/2019 5:49:25 PM >

Post #: 533
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/13/2019 5:51:00 PM   
Bruce Johnson

You give up your 1st next year (20-32) and a 4th for Minkah Fitzpatrick right now.. He’s that good. Pro Bowl potential at CB/NCB/SS/FS.. The thought of Zimmer developing him is down right scary..

(Luke Inman on Twitter)

Post #: 534
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/13/2019 7:12:09 PM   
quote:

You give up your 1st next year (20-32) and a 4th for Minkah Fitzpatrick right now.. He’s that good. Pro Bowl potential at CB/NCB/SS/FS.. The thought of Zimmer developing him is down right scary..

(Luke Inman on Twitter)

Sheesh, you don’t go throw 1st/4th for another DB.

Especially for a guy who’s largely underachieved.

We’ve got a bunch of CB/ DB’s that we need to pay in the next few years. (Waynes, Mack, Kearse, Harris)

Next man up till we get the troops back.
  Post #: 535
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/13/2019 10:14:03 PM   
Daniel Lee Young

quote:

ORIGINAL: thebigo

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Pager

We only trade for Fitz with the idea that we let Mac go at the end of the year. Fitz is cheap and under contract for several more years.

we're already way over the cap next season...maybe we could squeeze in kearse and harris with team-friendly deals and the idea that we're letting smith go...then we draft a safety early next year....

Chris Tomasson@christomasson
#Vikings CB Mike Hughes was a full participant in practice today. He's listed as doubtful for Sunday at Green Bay but returning on Sept. 22 against Oakland certainly looks to be a reasonable possibility.

Who's hare-brained idea was that?

Harrison Smith...?
Gtfoohwts..

Idiotic..

"Thou shall not bear false witness”
I am WRATH, incarnate.
@RlyeeNicole’sDad
Post #: 536
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/13/2019 11:54:31 PM   
Bruce Johnson

quote:

ORIGINAL: kurt bilben

quote:

(Luke Inman on Twitter)

We’ve got a bunch of CB/ DB’s that we need to pay in the next few years. (Waynes, Mack, Kearse, Harris)

He is under the rookie contract so he is quality for cheap. We are already over the cap for 2020 so this would help the team. For example, we could let Waynes go and save money for Harris, Mack and Kearse. What I am reading is that he has not underachieved- that he has stood out as a good player on a bad team.

< Message edited by Bruce Johnson -- 9/14/2019 12:25:15 AM >

Post #: 537
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/14/2019 1:06:06 AM   
David Levine

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: kurt bilben

quote:

(Luke Inman on Twitter)

He is under the rookie contract so he is quality for cheap. We are already over the cap for 2020 so this would help the team. For example, we could let Waynes go and save money for Harris, Mack and Kearse. What I am reading is that he has not underachieved- that he has stood out as a good player on a bad team.

He was terrific as a rookie, but had a really bad game Sunday:

quote:

Minkah Fitzpatrick is coming off his worst NFL game. He believes that's partly b/c of position uncertainty. He played 3-4 positions Sunday, and was told his role would continue to change. He's become increasingly frustrated.

Apparently Miami would have to pay a lot of his salary at the point of the trade as it comes in bonuses:

quote:

The weirdest part of this Minkah Fitzpatrick thing:

Miami's on the hook for more dead cap in his bonus money than he's owed in new game checks over the next three years.

So they would basically be trading Fitzpatrick on a three-year, $6M contract for the team that lands him.
Post #: 538
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/14/2019 1:22:02 AM   
Viking Rich

If Fitzpatrick is available for a 2nd rounder, I'd do that quickly.

He's excellent. He would be a beast for years to come.

It would definitely give us cap relief options for next year.

I'm sure he would flourish under Zim's system.

Sam Darnold's Gonna Shock Us All
Post #: 539
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/14/2019 7:17:34 AM   
Bruce Johnson

Lions CB Darius Slay is a huge fan of the #Vikings Skol Chat and Gjallarhorn.

"They by far have the best stadium in the NFL."

📰: https://t.co/45rudP20DO https://t.co/AvCjJ7T0M1

Post #: 540
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/14/2019 7:25:41 AM   
Bruce Johnson

https://thevikingage.com/2019/09/14/minnesota-vikings-minkah-fitzpatrick/

They suggestion including Holmes in the trade.

Post #: 541
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/14/2019 7:57:04 AM   
Bruce Johnson

I'm a nervous mess before games. If the team is going to be super this year it should win more than its share of these kind of games, though.

https://thevikingage.com/2019/09/14/7-reasons-minnesota-vikings-beat-packers-week-2/

Post #: 542
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/14/2019 8:39:15 AM   
Bruce Johnson

This is the kind if stuff we come to this site for. Really good.

https://www.dailynorseman.com/2019/9/14/20858578/ol-play-week-1-part-1-minnesota-vikings

Post #: 543
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/14/2019 10:08:39 AM   
David F.

quote:

https://www.dailynorseman.com/2019/9/14/20858578/ol-play-week-1-part-1-minnesota-vikings

Wonderfully informative. I can't wait to see part two. I've seen a few plays analysed on twitter where Bradburry whiffed. Maybe there's something to PFF after all?

I wouldn't give ANY qb $30-50+ mil unless that QB had won me a Super Bowl. Did you win a Super Bowl on your rookie deal? Yes? Great! Here's your hugenormous contract. F it let's just run victory laps and love life. No? Good luck. Next!
Post #: 544
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/14/2019 11:25:01 AM   
mikegreitzer

Anybody talking about the two head coaches on Sunday?

--one who climbed a mountain and one who took a slide----

https://vikings61.com/vikings-zimmer-vs-packers-lafleur-a-study-in-contrasts/
Post #: 545
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/14/2019 1:13:20 PM   
bohumm

quote:

ORIGINAL: David F.

quote:

Wonderfully informative. I can't wait to see part two. I've seen a few plays analysed on twitter where Bradburry whiffed. Maybe there's something to PFF after all?

I'm skeptical that J-Dog (the article's author, and, incidentally, what we called our late dog Josh to distinguish him from my friend, whom we came to call Human Josh) is privy to what each player was supposed to be doing on every play. I get that sometimes it's obvious and one can glean a decent general impression, but I'm not moved much by analysis like this. Bradbury definitely struggled at times, as I expect he'll do throughout the season, but he also made some eye-popping plays on big runs.

But really, I do miss that dog.
Post #: 546
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/14/2019 1:49:25 PM   
Bruce Johnson

quote:

ORIGINAL: bohumm

quote:

quote:

I'm skeptical that J-Dog (the article's author, and, incidentally, what we called our late dog Josh to distinguish him from my friend, whom we came to call Human Josh) is privy to what each player was supposed to be doing on every play. I get that sometimes it's obvious and one can glean a decent general impression, but I'm not moved much by analysis like this. Bradbury definitely struggled at times, as I expect he'll do throughout the season, but he also made some eye-popping plays on big runs.

If you re-read it you will see that there are times when he confesses that he is not sure what the assignment was, so he seems refreshingly honest to me.

Post #: 547
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/14/2019 2:01:46 PM   
thebigo

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: bohumm

quote:

quote:

If you re-read it you will see that there are times when he confesses that he is not sure what the assignment was, so he seems refreshingly honest to me.

Yes, but potentially lacking in insight. Good read nonetheless
Post #: 548
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/14/2019 2:18:25 PM   
Ragnarök

The season starts tomorrow, these are the games that will define where this teams goes as a whole for the year...

Key division opponent deemed better than you by some, losing the Bears games last year and tying the Packers was worse than Bills crapfest...

Is this a "Must win game" as the second game in season? In our division YES...

< Message edited by Ragnarök -- 9/14/2019 2:32:05 PM >
Post #: 549
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/14/2019 3:02:29 PM   
thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ragnarök

The season starts tomorrow, these are the games that will define where this teams goes as a whole for the year...

Key division opponent deemed better than you by some, losing the Bears games last year and tying the Packers was worse than Bills crapfest...

Is this a "Must win game" as the second game in season? In our division YES...

No. In fact, almost by definition, if we win, it was not a "Must win game". Somewhat of a conundrum there.

< Message edited by thebigo -- 9/14/2019 3:05:05 PM >
Post #: 550
Page:   <<   < prev  20 21 [22] 23 24   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  20 21 [22] 23 24   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode