Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: General Vikes Talk

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  18 19 [20] 21 22   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/12/2019 3:48:47 PM   
Bruce Johnson

quote:

ORIGINAL: ratoppenheimer

quote:

ORIGINAL: kgdabom

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bruce Johnson

The bears crushed the packers with interior pressure, don’t be surprised if you see the 4 defensive end package on Sunday, and a fair amount of stunt plays

(Deshawn Vaughan on Twitter)

the packers won that game...did you mean 'the packers crushed the bears with interior pressure'?....

Not relevant who won or lost. The comment was the that the Bears crushed the Packers with interior pressure and they did. Packers produced very little offense at all. We should be able to do the same.

its wording is a bit confusing - i read it like the packers might use 4 defensive end packages and i thought bruce was a little mixed up...i get it....

It's easy to think that I might be a bit mixed up lately. I'm having my moments more and more often.

My hunch is that there will be more scoring this coming Sunday and more passing by Cousins. I think the Packers will force our D to go in nickel and throw the ball a lot. Just a hunch.

We live in a world where we depend upon each other. In other words, we need each other just as God needs us and we need Him. How wonderful it would be if we could unite and live in harmony. Wouldn't it be better that way?
Post #: 476
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/12/2019 4:10:44 PM   
Ricky J

quote:

ORIGINAL: thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ragnarök

quote:

ORIGINAL: thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ricky J

quote:

ORIGINAL: DeLain

I have been to quite a few Seahawks games and the police dress in the opposing teams uniforms looking for bad home team fans.

That's cool.

Seem like a pretty simple solution, eh? Just that idea in a home team fans head should make that work, for all but the most neanderthal at least.

Most neanderthal... Or at the Raiders stadium... Brutal experiences watching Raiders Vikes in a Vikes jersey in Oaktown... Worst was a free for all fight with Raiders fans led to stadium security and Alamedia County officers getting injured in a incident and I was extracted, drug out of stadium in cuffs and booked for inciting a riot... Tore my fav Moss Jersey!

Apparently by definition, attending a sporting event wearing the away teams colors, is "inciting a riot". In some places at any rate ie Philthydelphia Oakland. I mean, you don't wear Crypts colors strolling through a Bloods hood. Nome sane?

I do.
Post #: 477
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/12/2019 4:11:09 PM   
Lynn G.

Happy birthday Ian. Oh boy do I hope the Vikings give you a wonderful late present on Sunday. Skol!!!!

Put our country back in the hands of people who actually want to do things to help everyday citizens. Elect Democrats.
Post #: 478
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/12/2019 4:20:37 PM   
Bruce Johnson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lynn G.

Happy birthday Ian. Oh boy do I hope the Vikings give you a wonderful late present on Sunday. Skol!!!!

And may you have many more birthdays with the Vikings knowing what you want.

We live in a world where we depend upon each other. In other words, we need each other just as God needs us and we need Him. How wonderful it would be if we could unite and live in harmony. Wouldn't it be better that way?
Post #: 479
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/12/2019 4:37:39 PM   
kwheats

Happy Birthday Ian!!!
Post #: 480
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/12/2019 4:41:28 PM   
joejitsu

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ricky J

quote:

ORIGINAL: jbusse

quote:

ORIGINAL: joejitsu

quote:

ORIGINAL: DeLain

I was listening to the NFL channel on SiriusXM radio the morning. A guy called saying that his son, who is a huge Falcons fan, went to his first NFL game this weekend in Minnesota. He was so excited to go and spent a lot of money. He was harassed with vulgarities the entire game and had the most miserable experience. The caller said that he went to a game in Foxboro and and was treated so nice by everybody.

I've been harassed and threatened every time I've gone to a Vikings-bears game, even with one of my sons. It's the cost of doing business when you are sitting with an opposing crowd of fans.

Chicago Stadium was rough on visitors, especially high up behind the goalie. I wouldn’t dare wear a North Stars jersey there back in the day.

One of my favorite sports experiences is at the stadium. With the playing of the anthem at a Blackhawks game in the late 80s they barely make it half way through the song and the place erupts in an enormous applause that lasts until the end of song. Great stuff!

Usually, there is a veteran or two on the ice being recognized before the Anthem is played. It's a cool experience, and LOUD!

< Message edited by joejitsu -- 9/12/2019 4:44:37 PM >
Post #: 481
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/12/2019 4:46:30 PM   
joejitsu

Have a great Birthday, Ian!
Post #: 482
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/12/2019 4:53:28 PM   
kwheats

James Layton
‏@RedZoneInsider
4h4 hours ago

More
#Vikings have released Ade Aruna, DE from IR with a Settlement.
Post #: 483
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/12/2019 4:53:58 PM   
kgdabom

Happy Birthday Ian. All the best.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 484
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/12/2019 5:18:27 PM   
Phil Riewer

Happy BDay Ian

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 485
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/12/2019 5:56:52 PM   
Tom Sykes

Chris Tomasson
‏ @christomasson
56m56 minutes ago

The #Vikings have eight cornerbacks. Holton Hill is on the suspended list. On the active roster, Mackensie Alexander (elbow) missed practice Thursday and Mike Hughes (knee) and Mark Fields (groin) were limited. Fully healthy are Xavier Rhodes, Trae Waynes, Kris Boyd, Nate Meadors

-----------------------------------

Throw in Kearse in some situations but with Rhodes likely to get injured on plays he doesn't cover well ... we are looking at Boyd, Fields and maybe Meadors being on the field Sunday.

Can't wait for Hughes to start playing.
Post #: 486
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/12/2019 6:06:50 PM   
Bruce Johnson

For GB they had 2 significant development on their injury report! LT David Bhaktiari missed practice today after being limited on Wednesday. CB Jaire Alexander was limited today after practicing fully yesterday.

TE Graham was limited again & LB Burks & WR Shephard remained out

(Vikings Spin on Twitter)

Post #: 487
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/12/2019 6:08:26 PM   
Todd M

Dillion Mitchell missed a prime chance. I really hope Johnson shines because he is going to see some opportunities. It was a lot to hope for that two 7th rounders could do something but even one is a big win so let's hope it happens.

We gotta have health along this unit.
Post #: 488
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/12/2019 6:13:01 PM   
Todd M

If Diggs or Theilen go down for any extended time I would see what Moss has left in the tank - 3rd time's the charm...

secretly would want them to do it any way
Post #: 489
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/12/2019 6:14:01 PM   
Bruce Johnson

A new David Bakhtiari update: He missed Green Bay’s practice today with a back injury.

(Sam Ekstrom on Twitter)

Post #: 490
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/12/2019 8:05:09 PM   
Bill Jandro

Bahktari out would be huge

He has owned Grif

Oline...early and often this draft
Post #: 491
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/12/2019 8:38:06 PM   
Ricky J

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Jandro

Bahktari out would be huge

He has owned Grif

Last year doesn't count
Post #: 492
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/12/2019 8:55:12 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: kgdabom

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bruce Johnson

The bears crushed the packers with interior pressure, don’t be surprised if you see the 4 defensive end package on Sunday, and a fair amount of stunt plays

(Deshawn Vaughan on Twitter)

the packers won that game...did you mean 'the packers crushed the bears with interior pressure'?....

Not relevant who won or lost. The comment was the that the Bears crushed the Packers with interior pressure and they did. Packers produced very little offense at all. We should be able to do the same.

its wording is a bit confusing - i read it like the packers might use 4 defensive end packages and i thought bruce was a little mixed up...i get it....

Fair enough.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 493
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/12/2019 10:43:36 PM   
JT2

Late to the party, but most pertinent things have been covered.

Dominant performance. Little to complain about, but I will try. Kick/punt coverage was not good. Barner may have been the best Falcon.

Not a big fan of Cousins going over the top at the goal line. Aside from questionable hands, just not a good idea to have your QB expose and display his digits like that.

Nice to see Barr moving forward as a pass rusher. This is his strong suit.

A lot of good performances on D. Kearse had a quiet, extremely effective game.
Post #: 494
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/12/2019 11:08:58 PM   
Ragnarök

The games rules. replay and officials are making it nearly unwatchable as they F up the easy calls and totally change flow while frame by frame dissecting what should be a judgement call. clear and obvious my ass...
Post #: 495
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/12/2019 11:11:38 PM   
beo

Things to look for at Green Bay

1) Everything seemed to go right from the get go vs Atlanta.
Want to see the defense continue to get turnovers... we force turnovers we win.
Was it execution or luck or something in between?

2) Outside running game killed.
Inside running game less successful.
GB will try to shut down the outside run game... can we impose our will?

3) Pass protection had some holes.
We didn't have to pass against Atlanta... it's likely we will at GB.
Can pass pro hold up?
Will play action be effective?
Post #: 496
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/12/2019 11:25:57 PM   
Rob Viking

So glad we no longer have Norv. Gets cute on a 4th&inches with the game on the line. Can’t believe the Panthers went after him, though Newton doesn’t look right. And Jerome Booger needs to retire, just an incompetent official.
Post #: 497
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/12/2019 11:34:57 PM   
David F.

quote:

ORIGINAL: JT2

Late to the party, but most pertinent things have been covered.

Dominant performance. Little to complain about, but I will try. Kick/punt coverage was not good. Barner may have been the best Falcon.

Not a big fan of Cousins going over the top at the goal line. Aside from questionable hands, just not a good idea to have your QB expose and display his digits like that.

Nice to see Barr moving forward as a pass rusher. This is his strong suit.

A lot of good performances on D. Kearse had a quiet, extremely effective game.

A few posters have made mention to this. First off, I agree it could be much better. In fact, it's poor. Would it be shocking though if I told you that with the exception of only last season, our poor punt coverage has still produced a net average that's higher than every season from 2011 - 2017?

I wouldn't give ANY qb $30-50+ mil unless that QB had won me a Super Bowl. Did you win a Super Bowl on your rookie deal? Yes? Great! Here's your hugenormous contract. F it let's just run victory laps and love life. No? Good luck. Next!
Post #: 498
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/12/2019 11:35:44 PM   
JT2

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rob Viking

So glad we no longer have Norv. Gets cute on a 4th&inches with the game on the line. Can’t believe the Panthers went after him, though Newton doesn’t look right. And Jerome Booger needs to retire, just an incompetent official.

Norv (and his son) is a great example of what is wrong with the NFL. These old white men can fail, retire, quit, get fired......and there will always be somebody willing to give him another shot based on what he did 20 years ago.
Post #: 499
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/13/2019 12:09:30 AM   
Bruce Johnson

#Vikings OC Kevin Stefanski:

“We often times don’t give enough credit to Brian O’Neill for his development.”

(Sean Borman on Twitter)

Post #: 500
Page:   <<   < prev  18 19 [20] 21 22   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  18 19 [20] 21 22   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode