Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: General Vikes Talk

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  21 22 [23] 24 25   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/14/2019 3:27:47 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bruce Johnson

https://thevikingage.com/2019/09/14/minnesota-vikings-minkah-fitzpatrick/

They suggestion including Holmes in the trade.

Hughes for Fitz straight up.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 551
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/14/2019 5:30:16 PM   
ratoppenheimer

didn't we trade a 7th for fields?...that's a 5th and a 7th (2021) with nothing to show for it....

Sean Borman@SeanBormanNFL
#Vikings elevate LB Devante Downs to the active roster and waive CB Mark Fields

the journey...is paradise.
Post #: 552
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/14/2019 6:01:22 PM   
odin

quote:

ORIGINAL: ratoppenheimer

didn't we trade a 7th for fields?...that's a 5th and a 7th (2021) with nothing to show for it....

Conditional 7th based on number of games played. Fields won't cost us anything unless he's brought back and plays enough to meet the agreed-upon conditions.
Post #: 553
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/14/2019 6:10:34 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

Fields waived.... Does that mean Hughes will play?

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 554
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/14/2019 9:47:01 PM   
Bruce Johnson

quote:

ORIGINAL: kgdabom

quote:

If I'm not mistaken Fields was dinged up a bit this week and they brought up another CB. I forget his name. An undrafted rookie- the one who had a pick 6 in the preseason.

We live in a world where we depend upon each other. In other words, we need each other just as God needs us and we need Him. How wonderful it would be if we could unite and live in harmony. Wouldn't it be better that way?
Post #: 555
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/14/2019 9:50:00 PM   
Bruce Johnson

This is a film study breakdown that you will want to take the time to watch of how the Vikings used pre-snap motion and a two tight with a fullback formation for great running success. It's interesting that the Vikings simplified their offense in the second half to save it for the Packers tomorrow.

https://youtu.be/lTb6qAm8RDg

We live in a world where we depend upon each other. In other words, we need each other just as God needs us and we need Him. How wonderful it would be if we could unite and live in harmony. Wouldn't it be better that way?
Post #: 556
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/14/2019 10:07:44 PM   
Bruce Johnson

Here is the part two of that offensive line analysis. It was interesting to me to realize that our center's initials are the same as our opponent tomorrow. Also I was surprised that our RT O'Neil also had to face Grady Jarrett and did fairly well.

https://www.dailynorseman.com/2019/9/14/20865761/minnesota-vikings-ol-play-week-1-part-2

Post #: 557
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/14/2019 10:49:26 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

This is a film study breakdown that you will want to take the time to watch of how the Vikings used pre-snap motion and a two tight with a fullback formation for great running success. It's interesting that the Vikings simplified their offense in the second half to save it for the Packers tomorrow.

I read his evaluation of the line and got real bored with it. All I know is we kicked their ass on the ground until we went to run out the clock mode and the few times we passed completed 8 of our 10 passes. I give the entire line an A grade.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 558
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/14/2019 10:50:43 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

quote:

quote:

If I'm not mistaken Fields was dinged up a bit this week and they brought up another CB. I forget his name. An undrafted rookie- the one who had a pick 6 in the preseason.

I think we brought Meadors up.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 559
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/15/2019 7:07:19 AM   
Bruce Johnson

quote:

quote:

I read his evaluation of the line and got real bored with it. All I know is we kicked their ass on the ground until we went to run out the clock mode and the few times we passed completed 8 of our 10 passes. I give the entire line an A grade.

It's clear that the Vikings didn't fully open up their bag of tricks when only ten passes were thrown. What I expect to see today are more play action passes. For example, the line will pull to the right like they did successfully against Atlanta, but instead of handing off the ball to Cook a pass will be thrown to Irv Smith to the left and we will see how he can do with a little bit of space to run with the ball.

Post #: 560
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/15/2019 7:30:04 AM   
Bruce Johnson

Minnesota Vikings fans, did you know that the Vikings are tied with Arizona for the most 2019 NFL Draft Picks (10) landing on their 53 man team. Impressive drafting by Rick Spielman and their entire organization.

(JJDemaray on Twitter)

Post #: 561
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/15/2019 9:33:03 AM   
thebigo

quote:

quote:

quote:

It's clear that the Vikings didn't fully open up their bag of tricks when only ten passes were thrown. What I expect to see today are more play action passes. For example, the line will pull to the right like they did successfully against Atlanta, but instead of handing off the ball to Cook a pass will be thrown to Irv Smith to the left and we will see how he can do with a little bit of space to run with the ball.

We've already got it on good authority that anything the Vikings didn't show last week will provide ZERO advantage/surprise in this weeks Packer game, after all the 2 teams have been facing off twice a year for decades
Post #: 562
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/15/2019 9:55:33 AM   
Bruce Johnson

quote:

ORIGINAL: thebigo

quote:

quote:

quote:

We've already got it on good authority that anything the Vikings didn't show last week will provide ZERO advantage/surprise in this weeks Packer game, after all the 2 teams have been facing off twice a year for decades

New offensive coordinator and assistant head coach for the offense for the Vikings. The Packers have significant new personnel on defense too and a new head coach.

Post #: 563
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/15/2019 9:55:54 AM   
Bruce Johnson

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2853805-dolphins-trade-rumors-minkah-fitzpatrick-could-be-dealt-before-week-3

Post #: 564
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/15/2019 10:07:25 AM   
thebigo

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: thebigo

quote:

quote:

quote:

New offensive coordinator and assistant head coach for the offense for the Vikings. The Packers have significant new personnel on defense too and a new head coach.

Yes, it would seem obvious to most.
Post #: 565
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/15/2019 10:08:33 AM   
Bill Jandro

Plenty of tape on the Kubiak offense to look at through the years.

Not saying there couldn't be a few wrinkles we could throw in there that weren't needed in the Atl drubbing though.

Oline...early and often this draft
Post #: 566
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/15/2019 11:05:14 AM   
Bruce Johnson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Jandro

Plenty of tape on the Kubiak offense to look at through the years.

Not saying there couldn't be a few wrinkles we could throw in there that weren't needed in the Atl drubbing though.

You don't think the Falcons weren't caught off guard last week with some of our plays? There's a reason why everything is so vanilla during the preseason.

Post #: 567
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/15/2019 11:36:00 AM   
Bruce Johnson

Anyway, a good coach (not Childress) will adapt his schemes with awareness of the strengths and weaknesses of his specific players and the great coaches will also prepare a game plan based on the team they are playing and then make adjustments from there as the game developes.

Post #: 568
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/15/2019 12:52:58 PM   
bstinger

sd

"You guys are true athletes!"

--twinsfan
Post #: 569
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/15/2019 3:21:33 PM   
Bill Jandro

This loss is squarely at the feet of Cousins.

He's a shitty QB

Post #: 570
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/15/2019 3:28:18 PM   
Ragnarök

Cousins apologists are like flies to fly paper...

THIS is why we shipped out SLOTER... No one can call for Mannion at any point this season...

CUT MANNION AND ADD SLOTER BACK OFF AZ practice squad
Post #: 571
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/15/2019 3:42:25 PM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

He's a shitty QB

A bad thing is his terrible play with nullify any talk of the home cooking GB was getting from the officials on the field and in NY.
Post #: 572
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/15/2019 3:45:24 PM   
Bill Jandro

Cousins shits his pants when he has a guy in his face. Should have threw that ball away.

Stefanski should have kept running the ball. We had 1st and goal at the 8.

What was with all the tacky offensive PI calls?

Post #: 573
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/15/2019 3:45:30 PM   
thebigo

I was going to say Oakland will be a welcome break next week, then I see they're up 10-0 on KC.
Post #: 574
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/15/2019 3:46:44 PM   
Bill Jandro

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mark Anderson

quote:

He's a shitty QB

A bad thing is his terrible play with nullify any talk of the home cooking GB was getting from the officials on the field and in NY.

There was certainly a bias in the officiating. Even the announcers picked up on that.

Post #: 575
Page:   <<   < prev  21 22 [23] 24 25   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  21 22 [23] 24 25   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode