Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: General Vikes Talk

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  90 91 [92] 93 94   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/17/2019 8:35:06 AM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bruce Johnson

I don't expect anything to happen, but some of these make sense.

https://thevikingage.com/2019/10/17/5-players-minnesota-vikings-try-trade-deadline/

Williams would be nice but I'm not holding my breath.
Post #: 2276
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/17/2019 8:41:39 AM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mark Anderson

quote:

I don't expect anything to happen, but some of these make sense.

https://thevikingage.com/2019/10/17/5-players-minnesota-vikings-try-trade-deadline/

Williams would be nice but I'm not holding my breath.

It will be very hard to trade for anyone with our Cap issues.

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 2277
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/17/2019 8:42:06 AM   
Lynn G.

quote:

How could anyone think that we were not the beneficiaries of the PI calls and non calls in the Philly game?

No one is saying that other teams don't occasionally get a gift call or two. The point was that there are a few teams that consistently get so many calls so blatantly that it has artificially changed the outcome of games and seasons.

Your argument is like saying that poor people get tax breaks too, when the truth is that they get a tiny little nip of a tax break when the rich get an enormous one. Sure, they both got a tax break, but it's not even close to comparable.

Put our country back in the hands of people who actually want to do things to help everyday citizens. Elect Democrats.
Post #: 2278
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/17/2019 8:43:45 AM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lynn G.

quote:

How could anyone think that we were not the beneficiaries of the PI calls and non calls in the Philly game?

No one is saying that other teams don't occasionally get a gift call or two. The point was that there are a few teams that consistently get so many calls so blatantly that it has artificially changed the outcome of games and seasons.

Your argument is like saying that poor people get tax breaks too, when the truth is that they get a tiny little nip of a tax break when the rich get an enormous one. Sure, they both got a tax break, but it's not even close to comparable.

Lots of hand fighting going on---makes it hard to call one way or another.

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 2279
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/17/2019 8:47:28 AM   
TJSweens

quote:

ORIGINAL: Phil Riewer

quote:

quote:

Lots of hand fighting going on---makes it hard to call one way or another.

Yep, the announcers were pretty consistent in their praise of the non calls. When both the receiver and the defender are getting their hands into each other, you let them play unless one of them does something blatant.

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 2280
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/17/2019 8:48:30 AM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

quote:

You're preaching to the choir here. GB and Rodgers get way too many calls.
Post #: 2281
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/17/2019 9:09:27 AM   
SoMnFan

ESPN reporting that Xavier Rhodes "could" be on his way out of Minnesota.
Crack reporting.

Work like a Captain.
Play like a Pirate.
Post #: 2282
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/17/2019 9:15:03 AM   
TJSweens

quote:

ORIGINAL: SoMnFan

Crack reporting.

The potential return for him drops every time he plays. Rhodes is just flat out getting abused this year.

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 2283
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/17/2019 9:34:52 AM   
Bruce Johnson

quote:

quote:

I would like to see less penalties and less taxes. (so I am consistent)

I do believe we dodged a couple of bullets with favorable calls vs the Eagles. It's good that we call 'em as we see 'em.

< Message edited by Bruce Johnson -- 10/17/2019 9:40:48 AM >

We live in a world where we depend upon each other. In other words, we need each other just as God needs us and we need Him. How wonderful it would be if we could unite and live in harmony. Wouldn't it be better that way?
Post #: 2284
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/17/2019 10:03:57 AM   
jbusse

quote:

ORIGINAL: TJSweens

quote:

Crack reporting.

The potential return for him drops every time he plays. Rhodes is just flat out getting abused this year.

When have we ever made that type of trade? It's not something that Spielman does. Not saying he shouldn't, he just doesn't.
Post #: 2285
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/17/2019 10:50:13 AM   
thebigo

quote:

Interesting stats for Hunter and Griffen.

https://twitter.com/vikingsfans16/status/1184640701579124736?s=09

Very interesting indeed.
Post #: 2286
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/17/2019 10:57:10 AM   
Pager

Officiating is never going to be perfect. I don't expect it to be.

All I ask is there be consistency and accountability. If you're going to protect QBs, protect them all the same way Erin and TB get protected. If you're going to call it tight, call it tight on both teams. And if refs are f****** up, fire them. If it doesn't get better, Fire the league guy.

Vs. Eagles. the only call I thought was generous was the PI called against Diggs. Shouldn't been called, especially since they were letting them play. But we were then nailed with a holding, and illegal block in the back. Had zero impact on the game.

< Message edited by Pager -- 10/17/2019 11:09:56 AM >

Left picking up the pieces.
Post #: 2287
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/17/2019 11:13:02 AM   
marty

I can't remember the last time a Viking fan in here said, "we got all the calls. The league and officials cheated in our favor".

I know I posted it on the game thread last year, David and others have as well. I have thought it plenty of times, but didn't comment on it.

From about 1980-1997, it really seemed officiating was either nuetral or against the Vikes, never in their favor, in regards to calls and the even more important non calls. The Vikes even lost a game against Detroit c. 1994 where the Vikings' defender was flagged for PI without making any contact [This also happened in OT in the playoff game against the Saints with Favre at QB].

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 2288
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/17/2019 11:15:47 AM   
marty

From 1998 on [the addition of Moss], the Vikes started to at times get favorable officiating, usually at home, with regards to calls and non calls.

With the Zimmer, the Vikings' 2ndary has finally gotten more grabby, and will continue to make contact, even in the 4th quarter, after getting called for PI earlier in the game, and it has resulted in some non calls of PI.

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 2289
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/17/2019 12:06:59 PM   
Bruce Johnson

Mike Daniels not practicing for Lions. Expect the Vikings to run well and our rookie center to have another good game.

We live in a world where we depend upon each other. In other words, we need each other just as God needs us and we need Him. How wonderful it would be if we could unite and live in harmony. Wouldn't it be better that way?
Post #: 2290
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/17/2019 12:21:45 PM   
Rob Viking

quote:

ORIGINAL: JT2

Implicit bias. Fans. We see what we want to see.

I can't remember the last time a Viking fan in here said, "we got all the calls. The league and officials cheated in our favor".

No, we are the only team the League and officials hate.

SMF put it well on the hows and why it happens, but that's sports. Learn it, play it.

I used to play basketball. The very first timeout of every game I played in consisted of nothing other than coach telling us about how the game was being officiated, and how to use that to our advantage.

Sell the foul/penalty. Harden does it. Hell, NFL punters do it. Stop complaining, or just get better at it.

Players talk about bad officiating. Sometimes coaches talk about it too. Ever wonder why the owners never complain?

The (NFL) owners choose to pay Goodell 30+ million dollars per year to enhance their bottom line. They are not concerned about some trivial officiating mishaps. If they were, they would be lobbying for full-time officials, and a system where they would be held accountable for egregious mistakes. I think they really like it as it is.

Next time you see a bad call, a no call, or no goal line camera, take that up with your owner.

Exactly! Remember when the Pats DBs mugged the Colts receivers all over the field, if they're not calling it why stop, sure they'll change the rule in the off season but in the meantime. The Seahawks Legion of Boom did the same thing, knowing you can't call holding every play. Trae Wayans looks like he interferes with the receiver half time and he doesn't get called as much as he should.

With that being said the refereeing has been terrible this year and to your point the league doesn't mind and actually it adds to the drama and sells the sport from Tuesday to Saturday. To this day all we hear about is the non PI for the Saints but no one ever mentions how the Saints blew that game at home and how Zuerlein hit a freaking 59 yd FG in OT to go to the SB!
Post #: 2291
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/17/2019 12:29:49 PM   
thebigo

quote:

Mike Daniels not practicing for Lions. Expect the Vikings to run well and our rookie center to have another good game.

Lions run D already near the bottom of the league.
Post #: 2292
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/17/2019 12:34:34 PM   
thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: marty

From 1998 on [the addition of Moss], the Vikes started to at times get favorable officiating, usually at home, with regards to calls and non calls.

With the Zimmer, the Vikings' 2ndary has finally gotten more grabby, and will continue to make contact, even in the 4th quarter, after getting called for PI earlier in the game, and it has resulted in some non calls of PI.

That only lasted until the 2001 playoff Moss water squirt the ref incident. Ironically, the water squirt was in response to some bogus calls (Carter ruled OOBs)
Post #: 2293
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/17/2019 12:49:23 PM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

Crack reporting.

Maybe we are leaking it. Trade rumors seemed to have turned Diggs season around.

Post #: 2294
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/17/2019 1:05:16 PM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

quote:

Crack reporting.

Could we get a solid LG or a productive 3rd WR for him?
Post #: 2295
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/17/2019 1:07:29 PM   
TJSweens

quote:

quote:

quote:

Crack reporting.

Could we get a solid LG or a productive 3rd WR for him?

I have no idea what Rhodes is worth on the market at this point.

Post #: 2296
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/17/2019 4:57:49 PM   
Pager

I'd take this guy over Waynes anytime. Cheaper. Tougher to find a lock down slot guy. Had a breakout seaosn a year ago and is still playing at a sick level.

https://twitter.com/Str8_Cash_Homey/status/1184549414393671681?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed&ref_url=http%3A%2F%2Fminnesotavikingsnation.com%2Fthread%2F36950%2Frating-when-targeting-mackensie-alexander

Post #: 2297
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/17/2019 8:25:58 PM   
Bruce Johnson

I would take whatever we could get for Rhodes. Hughes is back and soon so is Hill.

Post #: 2298
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/17/2019 9:43:02 PM   
Pager

quote:

I would take whatever we could get for Rhodes. Hughes is back and soon so is Hill.

I felt the same way with Ruddolph. The cap space and roster spot was more valuable. I was hoping for a bounce back from Rhodes, but have lost faith that's going to happen. I would trade him for a conditional 5th.

Being able to sign Mac, Harris and having cap flexibility is more valuable than what Rhodes or Kyle are contributing (plus we've got depth at both positions).

Post #: 2299
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/17/2019 10:09:47 PM   
JT2

It seems that CB's have a short window of being great. It's probably wise to keep drafting and developing them as opposed to paying big money for a position that seems to burn out relatively quickly.

CB is still probably the most difficult job in all of professional sports. When we see a good one, the natural reaction is to pay 'em and lock them up, but most of them don't remain great for very long.
Post #: 2300
Page:   <<   < prev  90 91 [92] 93 94   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  90 91 [92] 93 94   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode