Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: NFL Draft 2020

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: NFL Draft 2020 Page: <<   < prev  156 157 [158] 159 160   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: NFL Draft 2020 - 5/6/2020 2:38:15 PM   
Bruce Johnson

quote:

ORIGINAL: lyle chabot

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bruce Johnson

More on our first pick. It says he will be good beating the press and catches everything.

https://climbingthepocket.com/2020/05/06/scouting-report-justin-jefferson/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Bruce thank you for sharing all this information on the draft!

Thank you, Lyle! We got 15 draft picks and about 10 more undrafted free agents. Then there's a couple free agents from other NFL teams and a couple from other leagues. Then there are the returning practice squad players. That's a lot of young and /or new faces. Everybody is not making the team, but training camp is going to be fun trying to figure it all out.

We live in a world where we depend upon each other. In other words, we need each other just as God needs us and we need Him. How wonderful it would be if we could unite and live in harmony. Wouldn't it be better that way?
Post #: 3926
RE: NFL Draft 2020 - 5/6/2020 7:12:52 PM   
Pager

I read an article that suggest Cleveland is more pro ready than ONeil. Can't find it now but it said ONeil had been adding weight, waking up to eat PnJ sandwiches at 3am. And still was only 297 when drafted. Where Cleveland has been around 315 lbs for several years. I think his combine weight was 311.

I don't think its a stretch to believe he can build core strength and add 5-10 lbs between now and training camp.

Left picking up the pieces.
Post #: 3927
RE: NFL Draft 2020 - 5/6/2020 8:24:32 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: Pager

I read an article that suggest Cleveland is more pro ready than ONeil. Can't find it now but it said ONeil had been adding weight, waking up to eat PnJ sandwiches at 3am. And still was only 297 when drafted. Where Cleveland has been around 315 lbs for several years. I think his combine weight was 311.

I don't think its a stretch to believe he can build core strength and add 5-10 lbs between now and training camp.

I'm psyched for Cleveland. As I already posted those who are acting like he's 100% not ready are going to be looking silly after the season. I'm not declaring stardom this year, but I am declaring him to be ready to hold his own.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 3928
RE: NFL Draft 2020 - 5/7/2020 2:00:03 PM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

ORIGINAL: kgdabom

quote:

I'm psyched for Cleveland. As I already posted those who are acting like he's 100% not ready are going to be looking silly after the season. I'm not declaring stardom this year, but I am declaring him to be ready to hold his own.

Hopefully Zimmer can restrain himself from diabolically sabotaging Cleveland's opportunity.

That guy really has it in for you.
Post #: 3929
RE: NFL Draft 2020 - 5/7/2020 2:09:45 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tom Sykes

quote:

quote:

Hopefully Zimmer can restrain himself from diabolically sabotaging Cleveland's opportunity.

I stand by my belief that Zimmer has unfairly held Mitchell back. It can't be proven one way or another.

< Message edited by kgdabom -- 5/7/2020 2:13:11 PM >

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 3930
RE: NFL Draft 2020 - 5/7/2020 2:31:31 PM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

I stand by my belief that Zimmer has unfairly held Mitchell back. It can't be proven one way or another.

You might have to bring that one to the Conspiracy thread ....7th round pick so a lot of teams thought less of him than the Vikes--do you think he is better than Diggs, Thielen, and Bisi? You have 2 Pro Bowlers for WR....pretty high standard you have for Mitchell.

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 3931
RE: NFL Draft 2020 - 5/7/2020 2:36:05 PM   
David Levine

quote:

ORIGINAL: Phil Riewer

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

You might have to bring that one to the Conspiracy thread ....7th round pick so a lot of teams thought less of him than the Vikes--do you think he is better than Diggs, Thielen, and Bisi? You have 2 Pro Bowlers for WR....pretty high standard you have for Mitchell.

And was available all year to every other team to "poach" off our Practice Squad.
Post #: 3932
RE: NFL Draft 2020 - 5/7/2020 3:17:09 PM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

It is the least likely explanation. Most likely, it’s about Mitchell, not Zimmer ....

and you not being able to admit when you are wrong.
Post #: 3933
RE: NFL Draft 2020 - 5/7/2020 3:34:01 PM   
unome

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Zimmer held me back as well. I always KNEW I was NFL Nose Tackle material so I sent him a clip of me benching 40 reps and still no camp invite. OK, to be fair, it was 40 reps of just the bar and I filmed it in 3 takes. He responded "LOL" and implied I was a bit light for a Nose Tackle. I then told him that "I weighed 480 lbs., on Jupiter, and, anyway, I believe in mind over matter, so there". He then insured me that if the NFL ever plays a game on Jupiter that he would give me a call. So I have that in my back pocket, which is nice.

You cannot prove this story one way or another.
Post #: 3934
RE: NFL Draft 2020 - 5/7/2020 3:39:33 PM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

ORIGINAL: unome

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Zimmer held me back as well. I always KNEW I was NFL Nose Tackle material so I sent him a clip of me benching 40 reps and still no camp invite. OK, to be fair, it was 40 reps of just the bar and I filmed it in 3 takes. He responded "LOL" and implied I was a bit light for a Nose Tackle. I then told him that "I weighed 480 lbs., on Jupiter, and, anyway, I believe in mind over matter, so there". He then insured me that if the NFL ever plays a game on Jupiter that he would give me a call. So I have that in my back pocket, which is nice.

Post #: 3935
RE: NFL Draft 2020 - 5/7/2020 3:40:14 PM   
Phil Riewer

Mitchell didn't have to sign to our Practice Squad. No one has to...they do it because they need a check.

Post #: 3936
RE: NFL Draft 2020 - 5/7/2020 3:41:44 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Easily better than Bisi. I have seen Bisi play and he has proved his near worthlessness to me. Better than Treadwell is all I will credit Bisi with. I made my belief that Mitchell was fully ready to come in and be a 3rd WR on an NFL team very clear. His being relegated to the PS does not support my belief, but I still believe it.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 3937
RE: NFL Draft 2020 - 5/7/2020 3:44:14 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: unome

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

I fully agree with this. I still believe that you are not good enough for the NFL and Mitchell is.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 3938
RE: NFL Draft 2020 - 5/7/2020 3:46:39 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

It is the least likely explanation. Most likely, it’s about Mitchell, not Zimmer ....

and you not being able to admit when you are wrong.

I would admit to being wrong if I did in fact believe I was wrong. I don't mind you all mocking my belief in Mitchell. I get it. I still believe I'm right.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 3939
RE: NFL Draft 2020 - 5/7/2020 4:37:57 PM   
Pager

The Vikings have promoted/played UDFAs and 7th rounders without qualms (on both sides of the ball) which destroys KGB's conspiracy theory. Zimmer didn't make the call. Stefanski/Kubiak made the call. Kubiak doesn't have a history of a bias, at least to my knowledge. If Mitchell was proficient in the areas needed to be a contributing WR in the NFL, I think he'd be playing.

Post #: 3940
RE: NFL Draft 2020 - 5/7/2020 4:41:36 PM   
Pager

The exception being Sloter.

That was all Zimmer

Post #: 3941
RE: NFL Draft 2020 - 5/7/2020 4:46:14 PM   
Phil Riewer

SD

Post #: 3942
RE: NFL Draft 2020 - 5/7/2020 4:47:13 PM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

The Vikings have promoted/played UDFAs and 7th rounders without qualms (on both sides of the ball) which destroys KGB's conspiracy theory. Zimmer didn't make the call. Stefanski/Kubiak made the call. Kubiak doesn't have a history of a bias, at least to my knowledge. If Mitchell was proficient in the areas needed to be a contributing WR in the NFL, I think he'd be playing.

+1 Pager

Rookies aren't always ready their first year....Diggs, Thielen....Even a possible top 10 WR of all time (CC). Learning a playbook, etc. take time. I just see a lot of guys in front of Mitchell success. Thielen, Jefferson, Bisi, Hollins, Beebe.....plus they drafted a 5th rounder, signed Sharpe, a couple of UDFA. Hard to agree with you at face value. I don't think it has anything to do with Zimmer. He let Bisi play last year.

Post #: 3943
RE: NFL Draft 2020 - 5/7/2020 4:52:20 PM   
David Levine

quote:

quote:

+1 Pager

Rookies aren't always ready their first year....Diggs, Thielen....Even a possible top 10 WR of all time (CC). Learning a playbook, etc. take time. I just see a lot of guys in front of Mitchell success. Thielen, Jefferson, Bisi, Hollins, Beebe.....plus they drafted a 5th rounder, signed Sharpe, a couple of UDFA. Hard to agree with you at face value. I don't think it has anything to do with Zimmer. He let Bisi play last year.

Diggs was absolutely ready his first year. Just because it took Zimmer 4 games to see it doesn't make it so. His first 3 NFL games:

1. 6 reception, 87 yards - and he made Denver's All-Pro CBs look silly multiple times.
2. 7 receptions, 109 yards.
3. 6 receptions, 108 yards and a TD.

And despite only playing ~60% of the snaps, ended up leading the team in receptions, receiving yards and was one off the lead for receiving TDs.
Post #: 3944
RE: NFL Draft 2020 - 5/7/2020 4:54:04 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

Hopefully Kubiak will see that Mitchell is superior to every WR we have other than Thielen and Jefferson and promote him this year. Time will tell. I'm not claiming a conspiracy per se. It's more of a belief that whoever was in charge of that decision was getting it wrong.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 3945
RE: NFL Draft 2020 - 5/7/2020 4:54:44 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

The exception being Sloter.

That was all Zimmer

I think you may be right.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 3946
RE: NFL Draft 2020 - 5/7/2020 4:55:50 PM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Levine

quote:

quote:

+1 Pager

Diggs was absolutely ready his first year. Just because it took Zimmer 4 games to see it doesn't make it so. His first 3 NFL games:

1. 6 reception, 87 yards - and he made Denver's All-Pro CBs look silly multiple times.

And despite only playing ~60% of the snaps, ended up leading the team in receptions, receiving yards and was one off the lead for receiving TDs.

I think I read he didn't know the playbook...not sure if that was accurate or not.

Post #: 3947
RE: NFL Draft 2020 - 5/7/2020 4:56:32 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

quote:

quote:

+1 Pager

Evidence that the Vikings coaching staff doesn't always get it right. Hopefully Mitchell will emerge this season.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 3948
RE: NFL Draft 2020 - 5/7/2020 4:57:58 PM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

+1 Pager

Evidence that the Vikings coaching staff doesn't always get it right. Hopefully Mitchell will emerge this season.

What evidence? Attitude, Playbook, etc.? After seeing Diggs attitude now what evidence do you have to his maturity his rookie season? Being on the PS most of the season the coaches are watching Mitchell...if he shows something in practice---he should get Playing Time.

< Message edited by Phil Riewer -- 5/7/2020 4:59:29 PM >

Post #: 3949
RE: NFL Draft 2020 - 5/7/2020 4:59:48 PM   
Pager

Mitchell didn't look like a precise route runner and was constantly dropping passes in the college tape I saw. I've also read he's not a willful/proficient blocker which would be important in our offense. Add in not knowing the playbook (if true) and you've got 4 very good reasons why he didn't see the 53 man roster.

To be fair - He looked good with the ball in his hands. But that's not enough in my opinion for the type of offense Kubiak runs.

< Message edited by Pager -- 5/7/2020 5:02:11 PM >

Post #: 3950
Page:   <<   < prev  156 157 [158] 159 160   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: NFL Draft 2020 Page: <<   < prev  156 157 [158] 159 160   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode