Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: Covid 19 and those infected

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: Covid 19 and those infected Page: <<   < prev  63 64 [65] 66 67   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Covid 19 and those infected - 4/20/2021 7:43:17 PM  3 votes
Todd M

Wow is right.

"I sincerely believe you hope millions die"

You should be ashamed Bruce.
Post #: 1601
RE: Covid 19 and those infected - 4/20/2021 7:46:16 PM   
Todd M

Makes his signature even worse.
Post #: 1602
RE: Covid 19 and those infected - 4/20/2021 7:48:05 PM   
Mark Anderson

If our Leaders were as concerned about Covid as they say they are, our Southern Border would be locked up just as tight as our Northern Border. Only essential travel allowed in and out. No exemptions.

< Message edited by Mark Anderson -- 4/20/2021 7:50:04 PM >
Post #: 1603
RE: Covid 19 and those infected - 4/20/2021 8:15:11 PM   
marty

And no travel coming from Europe, as that is where most of it probably came from ?

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 1604
RE: Covid 19 and those infected - 4/20/2021 8:47:27 PM   
Daniel Lee Young

More people live south of our southern border, down to the tip of South America, than live in the United States, contiguous or not, AND Canada, combined..

If majority ruled the western hemisphere, it would be a close vote on the majority

You would have to leave out Eastern Europe from Greenwich to the East most point of Canada.

The point is, get vaccinated, like it or not, antivaxxers..try to work back to unrestricted travel...and what ever else is stuck in your craw..

Or!!

Let a world wide contagion, spread, mutate and kill off the carbon footprint of the global warming contributing and unchecked gods command to propagate unvaccinated masses, while letting their own governments allow their own people to live and die in squalid conditions., in those out of the way places no one talks or thinks about...

Hmmmm, quite the conundrum.

More plastic pollution from dickweeds tossing non biodegradable masks.. everywhere, but less jet flight.

Parents having to actually take a responsibility for at home education, vs, the stupid, xenophobic, ignorant, and dangerous attitudes and behaviors they will learn.

More hunkerdown and paranoid isolationist, end of days stockpiling of the wrong things.. like guns and ammo, instead of seed and water..

Declining semi-mandatory attendance at any mass gathering out of cautious deniability, vs gregarious efforts to come together for common good, without starting a civil war of righteousness..

Philly PHans need to chill out and the packer nation can go suck an egg..

< Message edited by Daniel Lee Young -- 4/20/2021 9:09:51 PM >

"Thou shall not bear false witness”
I am WRATH, incarnate.
@RlyeeNicole’sDad
Post #: 1605
RE: Covid 19 and those infected - 4/21/2021 7:53:36 AM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

ORIGINAL: Todd M

Makes his signature even worse.

He recently linked to some twitter blurb and his twitter profile was off to the side with a signature line that said God, blah, blah wants peace and Democrats are evil. Or maybe it said Democrats were at the root of evil or destroying society. Something like that. Whatever it was, the dichotomy and hypocrisy was off the charts.
Post #: 1606
RE: Covid 19 and those infected - 4/21/2021 11:43:16 AM  3 votes
Bruce Johnson

I'm willing to say that I'm sorry and that my words were over the top. I really am sorry. Sometimes we do say things that we regret, especially if we've ben hurt. I've had people say hundreds of times to me that I'm an idiot, that I'm a mf'er, that I'm an a-hole. It doesn't hurt much when you know that they don't know who I am and what I am. It does matter when we have an ongoing relationship over the years and I want to have your respect. I'll be honest. That's why it hurt when I was told that there's no need click my link. It would have been so much better if you could have said, "I don't really care for so and so, but because I think of enough of you I will watch the video of the medical professional showing proof on video of the ineffectiveness of non-medical face masks and read the article from the Texas newspaper that shows the data and how there hasn't been the impact of the lift of the mask mandates that many had feared." Instead you indicated no interest to even check it out. I do believe that they only way that the divisiveness will go away will be if we learn to listen to each other better and that means confirming with the other party that you understand what they are trying to say.

If you go back to a year ago, I was sharing with you and also with Paul Allen's radio program how proud I was with my wife for taking the initiative of making face masks in her free time after work and then giving them away for free to anyone who asked- and she made hundreds of them. That was before most people wore them and the information was not out so much as to their effectiveness. I think you must all know I got Covid while wearing a mask. To this day I unbegrudgingly wear my mask in public whenever it is required, but I'm sure like most of you I don't wear them at home nor do I wear them while working out in the yard. I do so not because I believe in the effectiveness of the face masks, but because I want to be respectful to others.

I could have said that you would rather die yourself than say that you were wrong, although I wouldn't have believed that, but my comment was meant to be a statement of how difficult it is to say you are wrong. To this day I have never heard a Democrat say that they were wrong. Never in my whole life and I've never read about someone saying it. I've never heard of even a rioter who was arrested for burning buildings say that maybe he went too far. I believe it has not happened yet, but I'd love to be shown wrong. I'd also love to hear a Democrat say that it doesn't represent my values when I see protestors destroy property or assault innocent victims. And certainly I feel frustrated because I don't believe in my whole life I have ever persuaded anyone to change their mind about anything. When there is campaigning going on, I don't believe the candidates are trying to persuade anyone. Everyone has already made up their minds. They are actually just trying to inspire excitement enough for people to go to the polls. Maybe the negative ads work. They wouldn't go negative unless they worked. There's a lot of "going over the top" on both sides, no doubt.

I've also never heard of a Democrat who accepts an apology, so if you prefer, I can go away. If you really don't respect what I have to say or care about me anymore, I'll leave talk vikes. Tell me to go and I will. I will wish everyone well in parting now and I'm sorry we have to part this way if it has to be.

We live in a world where we depend upon each other. In other words, we need each other just as God needs us and we need Him. How wonderful it would be if we could unite and live in harmony. Wouldn't it be better that way?
Post #: 1607
RE: Covid 19 and those infected - 4/21/2021 11:53:46 AM   
Tom Sykes

Bruce - let me restate this since I just read your post.

< Message edited by Tom Sykes -- 4/21/2021 11:57:22 AM >
Post #: 1608
RE: Covid 19 and those infected - 4/21/2021 12:23:51 PM  1 votes
Phil Riewer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bruce Johnson

I'm willing to say that I'm sorry and that my words were over the top. I really am sorry. Sometimes we do say things that we regret, especially if we've ben hurt. I've had people say hundreds of times to me that I'm an idiot, that I'm a mf'er, that I'm an a-hole. It doesn't hurt much when you know that they don't know who I am and what I am. It does matter when we have an ongoing relationship over the years and I want to have your respect. I'll be honest. That's why it hurt when I was told that there's no need click my link. It would have been so much better if you could have said, "I don't really care for so and so, but because I think of enough of you I will watch the video of the medical professional showing proof on video of the ineffectiveness of non-medical face masks and read the article from the Texas newspaper that shows the data and how there hasn't been the impact of the lift of the mask mandates that many had feared." Instead you indicated no interest to even check it out. I do believe that they only way that the divisiveness will go away will be if we learn to listen to each other better and that means confirming with the other party that you understand what they are trying to say.

If you go back to a year ago, I was sharing with you and also with Paul Allen's radio program how proud I was with my wife for taking the initiative of making face masks in her free time after work and then giving them away for free to anyone who asked- and she made hundreds of them. That was before most people wore them and the information was not out so much as to their effectiveness. I think you must all know I got Covid while wearing a mask. To this day I unbegrudgingly wear my mask in public whenever it is required, but I'm sure like most of you I don't wear them at home nor do I wear them while working out in the yard. I do so not because I believe in the effectiveness of the face masks, but because I want to be respectful to others.

I could have said that you would rather die yourself than say that you were wrong, although I wouldn't have believed that, but my comment was meant to be a statement of how difficult it is to say you are wrong. To this day I have never heard a Democrat say that they were wrong. Never in my whole life and I've never read about someone saying it. I've never heard of even a rioter who was arrested for burning buildings say that maybe he went too far. I believe it has not happened yet, but I'd love to be shown wrong. I'd also love to hear a Democrat say that it doesn't represent my values when I see protestors destroy property or assault innocent victims. And certainly I feel frustrated because I don't believe in my whole life I have ever persuaded anyone to change their mind about anything. When there is campaigning going on, I don't believe the candidates are trying to persuade anyone. Everyone has already made up their minds. They are actually just trying to inspire excitement enough for people to go to the polls. Maybe the negative ads work. They wouldn't go negative unless they worked. There's a lot of "going over the top" on both sides, no doubt.

I've also never heard of a Democrat who accepts an apology, so if you prefer, I can go away. If you really don't respect what I have to say or care about me anymore, I'll leave talk vikes. Tell me to go and I will. I will wish everyone well in parting now and I'm sorry we have to part this way if it has to be.

Bruce I for one think you are as entitled to your opinion as any poster. In my book your are fine. The problem is that some posters are sucked into us versus them mode....anyone right or left of their opinion oh boy.

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 1609
RE: Covid 19 and those infected - 4/21/2021 12:24:45 PM  1 votes
Tom Sykes

It is astonishing to me that anyone going through COVID first hand would not be a strong advocate for basic health measures. Of any kind. The science is changing as we go along but our best understanding right now at this moment in time – not by the left or right, not by the Texas Tribune, etc but by medical professionals worldwide – is that social distancing and wearing masks help. Period. Not prevent, not guarantee, but help.

If you look hard enough, you can find proof from someone claiming the sun will rise tomorrow from the west. And you are looking too hard.

We are all guilty of blind spots but the commitment to not 'buckle under' to what is understood by medical professionals worldwide – because there is a political view at stake – is simply hardcore closed-minded on your part. IMO.

I am not a Democrat or Rebublican. This is not a left or right issue. The real issue transcends the stupidity of partisan views, from both sides.

What it has become, for those who assign a left or right label on it, is a perfect example of how people hard-wire themselves into a fixed narrow view.

Sometimes its just not everybody else who is the problem.
Post #: 1610
RE: Covid 19 and those infected - 4/21/2021 12:27:38 PM  1 votes
David Levine

That was the most hollow, disingenuous, self serving “apology” I’ve ever read.
Post #: 1611
RE: Covid 19 and those infected - 4/21/2021 1:13:05 PM   
marty

Everything about never hearing a Democrat say this or that, could easily be said by someone about Republicans.

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 1612
RE: Covid 19 and those infected - 4/21/2021 1:59:01 PM   
Lynn G.

I read comments from Democrats all the time who are critical of reps or actions taken by their own party. Goodness sake - this very site is FILLED with that, right here on these pages in the Politics threads.

And recently there have been a bunch of criticisms from Republicans about what their party has become - - - right before they switch their affiliation to either Independent or Democrat.

The point is that it's hard to believe that, if you're reading or watching a variety of news sources, that you have NEVER heard a Democrat say they were wrong about anything. And tons of Democrats were really hard on protesters that became violent. It doesn't help their cause at all. I even heard a couple of Republicans say the same when it turned out that much of the violence was actually from outside agitators who associated with right-wing groups.

I'm extremely critical of the current Republican party, but in my time I have voted for some Republicans over the years. I just think it's hard to take someone at face value when they say they've NEVER heard (insert random comment) from someone affiliated with (insert name of) party. It's not believable.

Put our country back in the hands of people who actually want to do things to help everyday citizens. Elect Democrats.
Post #: 1613
RE: Covid 19 and those infected - 4/21/2021 2:00:00 PM   
Lynn G.

But I also seem to have missed the sequence of posts that Bruce's apology post corresponded to. Was that on another thread?

Put our country back in the hands of people who actually want to do things to help everyday citizens. Elect Democrats.
Post #: 1614
RE: Covid 19 and those infected - 4/21/2021 2:19:22 PM   
David Levine

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lynn G.

But I also seem to have missed the sequence of posts that Bruce's apology post corresponded to. Was that on another thread?

No. This thread. This was his direct response to me for having the audacity to actually read his linked article and quote most of it showing that it didn't actually say what the sensationalized headline implied:

"I sincerely believe you hope that millions die in Texas so that you can say you were right all along."
Post #: 1615
RE: Covid 19 and those infected - 4/21/2021 3:26:13 PM   
David F.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Phil Riewer

Bill Maher's thoughts concerning COVID:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qp3gy_CLXho

Love bill Maher. I saw that earlier as I almost always watch his show.

I wouldn't give ANY qb $30-50+ mil unless that QB had won me a Super Bowl. Did you win a Super Bowl on your rookie deal? Yes? Great! Here's your hugenormous contract. F it let's just run victory laps and love life. No? Good luck. Next!
Post #: 1616
RE: Covid 19 and those infected - 4/21/2021 5:54:43 PM  1 votes
Bill Johanesen

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Levine

When I saw "disingenuous" in your post, thought you were referring to his sig line.

But yeah the post was mostly about how you should have behaved and a ranting false narrative about the bad Democrats. ALL Democrats, which is incredible.
Post #: 1617
RE: Covid 19 and those infected - 4/21/2021 6:31:33 PM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Johanesen

quote:

When I saw "disingenuous" in your post, thought you were referring to his sig line.

But yeah the post was mostly about how you should have behaved and a ranting false narrative about the bad Democrats. ALL Democrats, which is incredible.

Life, death, pandemic ... the older I get, all I care about is that nobody parks in front of my trash bin.

But outside of my little bubble, a lot of partisanship just seems like religious fervor. And you can't reason with that kind of commitment.

People have literally sunk from demonizing other points of view to thinking 170+ million people in the opposite party are actually evil.

"Its the dismal tide."
Post #: 1618
RE: Covid 19 and those infected - 4/21/2021 7:49:12 PM  1 votes
Bill Johanesen

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tom Sykes

quote:

quote:

Life, death, pandemic ... the older I get, all I care about is that nobody parks in front of my trash bin.

But outside of my little bubble, a lot of partisanship just seems like religious fervor. And you can't reason with that kind of commitment.

People have literally sunk from demonizing other points of view to thinking 170+ million people in the opposite party are actually evil.

"Its the dismal tide."

Wonder if anyone who saved his life from the throes of COVID were evil democrats. If so, that has to present a heck of a moral dilemma.
Post #: 1619
RE: Covid 19 and those infected - 4/21/2021 8:01:22 PM   
bohumm

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

"Its the dismal tide."

Wonder if anyone who saved his life from the throes of COVID were evil democrats. If so, that has to present a heck of a moral dilemma.

I've witnessed an endless stream of non-white CNAs (the nursing assistants who clean patients) wash and apply moisturizer over a patient's SS blitzkrieg lightening bolts and other racist tattoos. He never refused their care in a few months of hospitalization. I always wondered what both parties thought about during their interactions.
Post #: 1620
RE: Covid 19 and those infected - 4/21/2021 8:01:47 PM   
Bill Johanesen

Here is his twitter tagline: I love God and long for peace. Republicans aren't perfect, but Democrats seem to have no conscience.

His tweets are really something.

1 hour ago: Democrats attract the complaining, unfaithful, cheating, lazy and unsuccessful in employment. Who can be happy being married to that.

Real god-fearing, peace loving guy.

#exposed
Post #: 1621
RE: Covid 19 and those infected - 4/21/2021 8:03:43 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

ORIGINAL: bohumm

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

"Its the dismal tide."

I've witnessed an endless stream of non-white CNAs (the nursing assistants who clean patients) wash and apply moisturizer over a patient's SS blitzkrieg lightening bolts and other racist tattoos. He never refused their care in a few months of hospitalization. I always wondered what both parties thought about during their interactions.

Wow. Weird interaction, like out of a movie.
Post #: 1622
RE: Covid 19 and those infected - 4/21/2021 11:19:44 PM   
Lynn G.

quote:

quote:

No. This thread. This was his direct response to me for having the audacity to actually read his linked article and quote most of it showing that it didn't actually say what the sensationalized headline implied:

"I sincerely believe you hope that millions die in Texas so that you can say you were right all along."

I went back and caught up. I'm not sure how I missed that.

Wow - the crazy conspiracy theories just won't die, will they?

Post #: 1623
RE: Covid 19 and those infected - 4/21/2021 11:22:20 PM   
Lynn G.

For anyone who thinks that wearing masks is idiocy in the midst of a pandemic - - - ask nurses in hospitals why they wear masks all day. Is it just a fashion statement, or is it just possible that the people who work around infectious diseases all day, every day, know what they're doing?

Post #: 1624
RE: Covid 19 and those infected - 4/22/2021 1:52:42 AM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

For anyone who thinks that wearing masks is idiocy in the midst of a pandemic - - - ask nurses in hospitals why they wear masks all day. Is it just a fashion statement, or is it just possible that the people who work around infectious diseases all day, every day, know what they're doing?

It matters little. There are probably 12 nurses out of 490,000 thousand in the U.S. that are not 100% convinced that masks work ... and their ‘testimony’ is all that matters ... that and which network it gets broadcast on.

What a beautiful world ...

< Message edited by Tom Sykes -- 4/22/2021 1:53:43 AM >
Post #: 1625
Page:   <<   < prev  63 64 [65] 66 67   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: Covid 19 and those infected Page: <<   < prev  63 64 [65] 66 67   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode