Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: Covid 19 and those infected

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: Covid 19 and those infected Page: <<   < prev  65 66 [67] 68 69   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Covid 19 and those infected - 4/22/2021 10:06:52 AM   
Lynn G.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Todd M

I've communicated a few times the state of things here in Ontario. Never really gotten a response so I don't know if I should continue, or bother, but...you guys are like family in a way to me and I don't frequent any other circles.

We're almost 2 weeks into a 6 week lockdown. Everyone's hating on our govt. Most everyone here is super compliant with mask wearing and social distancing.

Just signed up for my 1st vaccine. They just opened it up for those 40 and up. I'm curious how long this will take. Said it could take weeks or months to be contacted lol. I doubt that, especially with my health issues.

First of 2. AstaZeneca one.

I'm definitely interested in how things are going in Canada, so thanks for posting about it. I thought it was pretty admirable that Canada shut down its borders to American travel because at that time New York was on fire and there was reason to fear that travel between countries would spread the virus like ... like the plague.

Any reports I'd heard from our own news sources made it sound like Canada was weathering the storm pretty well, but it sounds like the need for a lockdown gets the same response there as it does here. Hating on the entity that is trying to do the things that will save lives. Leaders who have to make those decisions, in any country, are in a no-win situation because half will accuse them of being tyrants and the other half will think it may have been necessary, but can never know for sure because you'll never know what would have happened had you not locked down.

Put our country back in the hands of people who actually want to do things to help everyday citizens. Elect Democrats.
Post #: 1651
RE: Covid 19 and those infected - 4/22/2021 10:32:03 AM   
Todd M

I don't know how lock downs have been for any if you guys but we're in our 3rd now. To me it's been the arbitrary nature of them. What we needed was a full lock down...if its gonna hurt do it and do it right. Too many half measures. Doug Ford came in hot with this one, initially saying 4 weeks, stay at home orders, no recreational activities. Then changed course, made it 6 weeks, with some recreational activities restored. Initially installed a ramped up police presence allowing for random stops and ID checks, then backed off on all that.

My work has been 1st lockdown...reduced capacity, 2nd lock down just curbside p/up, now we're curbside p/up but our garden center is open to reduced capacity. Ordered to stay at home....unless you need mulch.
Post #: 1652
RE: Covid 19 and those infected - 4/22/2021 11:03:12 AM   
Lynn G.

You're probably in the same boat as us because each province makes their own calls, just as for us each state makes their own calls.

And even states that are trying to be super careful and smart about it might bend a bit to extreme pressure, not to mention economic strangulation, during a lockdown - so there is letting up in bits and pieces.

I definitely would not want to be a decision maker in these times. Look at the Governor of Michigan. She was very pro-active on shutting down and doing what she could to keep her state safe - - - and received death threats and even a planned kidnapping by people who don't believe in safety measures.

Put our country back in the hands of people who actually want to do things to help everyday citizens. Elect Democrats.
Post #: 1653
RE: Covid 19 and those infected - 4/22/2021 2:27:57 PM   
thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Daniel Lee Young

No....no.....

You noooah understand.....

It is their GOD GIVEN right to do as they please...

God will protect them, god will only punish the sinners,

They live in ‘Merica!’

They an do as they please, don’t tread on me.. me..me..me...

FFS

Why do I even care..

Die if you want to..

Go meet god..

Let God give you the 411..

Idgaf...

Get out of my way...

Everybody got to die sometime, Danno.
Post #: 1654
RE: Covid 19 and those infected - 4/22/2021 4:21:25 PM   
Daniel Lee Young

Well I’m not gonna suddenly champion the stupid to live longer...

Just sayin..

"Thou shall not bear false witness”
I am WRATH, incarnate.
@RlyeeNicole’sDad
Post #: 1655
RE: Covid 19 and those infected - 4/22/2021 4:29:52 PM   
Daniel Lee Young

quote:

I've communicated a few times the state of things here in Ontario. Never really gotten a response so I don't know if I should continue, or bother, but...you guys are like family in a way to me and I don't frequent any other circles.

We're almost 2 weeks into a 6 week lockdown. Everyone's hating on our govt. Most everyone here is super compliant with mask wearing and social distancing.

Just signed up for my 1st vaccine. They just opened it up for those 40 and up. I'm curious how long this will take. Said it could take weeks or months to be contacted lol. I doubt that, especially with my health issues.

I read your stuff..

And I have a niece and nephew in law and their kids that all live in Canada...

The gen z kids are in the 19- 25 age range and they are sick of the Covid lockdown chit.. one of them posts “ fake Covid virus and no need for vaccine rants on FB all the time..

He can’t be reasoned with at.. all.. it’s “ big brother” cramping his life.. all the way..

I don’t know why vaccination availability is so tight in Canada..

Just get it..

That’s all I can say..

I get my second next Tuesday and I can then wear my “ I’m vaccinated..RU??!! Mask...

I am WRATH, incarnate.
@RlyeeNicole’sDad
Post #: 1656
RE: Covid 19 and those infected - 4/22/2021 5:20:44 PM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Johanesen

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mark Anderson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tom Sykes

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mark Anderson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tom Sykes

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lynn G.

For anyone who thinks that wearing masks is idiocy in the midst of a pandemic - - - ask nurses in hospitals why they wear masks all day. Is it just a fashion statement, or is it just possible that the people who work around infectious diseases all day, every day, know what they're doing?

It matters little. There are probably 12 nurses out of 490,000 thousand in the U.S. that are not 100% convinced that masks work ... and their ‘testimony’ is all that matters ... that and which network it gets broadcast on.

What a beautiful world ...

I'm not against masks but why did our number 1 guy(Fauci) say that masks do little and maybe just make a person feel better?

This is a guy who has devoted his life to studying viruses(not just Covid 19). He said it just matter of factly. Then he did a 180 not too long after that. That was weird.

Because some humans are not all knowing and we have to adapt to situations as more information comes in.

Unless you are Trump, there’s nothing wrong with admitting you are wrong ... which Fauci has done ... and evolving. The horrible error when lives are at stake is to be wrong and then double-down on being wrong to save face.

I'm not arguing that he didn't change his mind.

But, how does the #1 virus expert in the World get it so horribly wrong? There have been many contagious viruses that we have dealt with, not just Covid 19.

Can't we admit that he was pumped up as this great Covid 19 leader because he went against Trump on several issues, just like the great Andrew Cuomo.

Send the link where Fauci said masks do little and just make a person feel better.

Now very early on he was asking people not to wear certain types of masks because they needed to be for the medical enterprise.

March 8th on 60 Minutes. Reuters has the article(sorry, not tech savvy on posting links)
Post #: 1657
RE: Covid 19 and those infected - 4/22/2021 6:17:31 PM   
thebigo

quote:

quote:

I read your stuff..

And I have a niece and nephew in law and their kids that all live in Canada...

The gen z kids are in the 19- 25 age range and they are sick of the Covid lockdown chit.. one of them posts “ fake Covid virus and no need for vaccine rants on FB all the time..

He can’t be reasoned with at.. all.. it’s “ big brother” cramping his life.. all the way..

I don’t know why vaccination availability is so tight in Canada..

Just get it..

That’s all I can say..

I get my second next Tuesday and I can then wear my “ I’m vaccinated..RU??!! Mask...

Mine will read "I'm vaccinated, but I still have to wear this farkin' mask"
Post #: 1658
RE: Covid 19 and those infected - 4/22/2021 6:18:40 PM   
thebigo

quote:

Well I’m not gonna suddenly champion the stupid to live longer...

Just sayin..

Darwin's Law takes care of things. Eventually. Not always predictably.
Post #: 1659
RE: Covid 19 and those infected - 4/23/2021 8:15:04 AM   
Todd M

So 2 weeks ago Doug Ford laid down lock down #3...with police state presence, and not letting anyone do any parks and recreations.

Flights from India were JUST put on hold 2 weeks later and he apologized for the too strick of measures.

This has gone from speculatively ass backwards to admittedly AB.

People I know were stressing over not being able to take their family camping in crown land, secluded, while they were allowing passengers from India at the time.
Post #: 1660
RE: Covid 19 and those infected - 4/23/2021 10:16:51 AM   
Daniel Lee Young

Todd, government if full of hypocrisy and idiocy..

America does not have a monopoly..

Covid burnout is everywhere.

I am WRATH, incarnate.
@RlyeeNicole’sDad
Post #: 1661
RE: Covid 19 and those infected - 4/23/2021 2:11:13 PM   
Bill Johanesen

Or do like what the USA did, kick a lot of it from 50 states to county and even city/town levels. Literally 1000's of different rules in place simultaneously.
Post #: 1662
RE: Covid 19 and those infected - 6/8/2021 4:05:26 PM   
Todd M

So we're finally opening up things on Friday. Slowly. After 2 months of being shut down.

Just got a mandate from work that everyone now needs to wear safety goggles if anyone comes into your 6' zone. So instead of gearing down, moving towards being maskless we're going to gear up. Lest one gets covid in their eyes now. Who thinks this shit up? Thanks for the last year where my naked eyes were vulnerable I guess.
Post #: 1663
RE: Covid 19 and those infected - 6/8/2021 7:20:53 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

So we're finally opening up things on Friday. Slowly. After 2 months of being shut down.

Just got a mandate from work that everyone now needs to wear safety goggles if anyone comes into your 6' zone. So instead of gearing down, moving towards being maskless we're going to gear up. Lest one gets covid in their eyes now. Who thinks this shit up? Thanks for the last year where my naked eyes were vulnerable I guess.

Word on the street is new research shows COVID can invade through the ears. Just wear a Darth Vader helmet thing.
Post #: 1664
RE: Covid 19 and those infected - 6/8/2021 7:23:30 PM   
Todd M

Next up no shitting at work to keep covid from getting up you butt.
Post #: 1665
RE: Covid 19 and those infected - 6/9/2021 10:43:14 AM   
Bill Jandro

That's disappointing regarding Canada. Opening up the border for US citizens for this summer's fishing season seems bleak.

That's got to really be negatively impacting their economy.

Oline...early and often this draft
Post #: 1666
RE: Covid 19 and those infected - 6/10/2021 10:02:35 AM   
Ricky J

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Jandro

That's disappointing regarding Canada. Opening up the border for US citizens for this summer's fishing season seems bleak.

That's got to really be negatively impacting their economy.

That and Toronto is on our list of stadiums to hit to get to 'em all. We had tickets on Good Friday, 2020.

- Had intentions of going to see the St. Paul Saints on Tuesday. We switched to the Twins when I realized the Yanks were in town ... made the wrong call there (watching Buxton in St. Paul would of been worth the price of admission I believe - that and that shit the Yankees do to you when you see them beat up on the Twins)
Post #: 1667
RE: Covid 19 and those infected - 6/10/2021 12:49:24 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

Next up no shitting at work to keep covid from getting up you butt.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 1668
RE: Covid 19 and those infected - 7/8/2021 10:18:01 PM   
unome

I wanted to post here again to encourage anyone that has not have a COVID vaccination to get one, especially if you are older than 25.

It may be ironic, but one big reason to get the vaccine is because vaccines do not prevent getting or spreading COVID. The vaccine slows the spread, but does not prevent it, which means that the vaccine is not really building the herd protection in the community quite as well as had been hoped.

This may sound like a reason to not get the vaccine, but it is the opposite. The vaccine is excellent at lowering the chance of hospitalization or death, which is why you should get one, but they do not fully prevent getting, or spreading the virus.

We already see very well-vaccinated countries like England and Israel have spikes in COVID rates recently as the Delta variant spreads. Importantly, the death rates in these countries has stayed lower because of the high vaccination rate.

Virus evolution works by the virus strains getting more and more effective at spreading, which means they are more infectious in both the population and the host's body. So, the virus is getting better at spreading and making people sick and this means if you are sitting out in the population without any protection, you could end up getting a variant much worse than the original COVID variant that caused this whole mess.

If you have not gotten the vaccine, you have let hundreds of millions of people test it for you and prove that the vaccine is safer than getting the virus.

Go get the vaccine!
Post #: 1669
RE: Covid 19 and those infected - 7/9/2021 7:25:14 AM   
Todd M

I'm fully vaccinated as of yesterday. 2 Pfizer shots.

Wondering what's next. Sounds like we're going to have a difficult time or fail getting herd Immunity. How are we supposed to feel about those selfish or ignorant enough to not get immunized? Got a brother in law up north here that would fit right into your Bible belt who refuses...my wife says we're supposed to live and let live, not say anything negative. But what about yours an my desire to be free of this damn thing being blocked by those apposed to getting vaccinated?
Post #: 1670
RE: Covid 19 and those infected - 7/9/2021 9:17:17 AM   
bohumm

quote:

ORIGINAL: unome

I wanted to post here again to encourage anyone that has not have a COVID vaccination to get one, especially if you are older than 25.

It may be ironic, but one big reason to get the vaccine is because vaccines do not prevent getting or spreading COVID. The vaccine slows the spread, but does not prevent it, which means that the vaccine is not really building the herd protection in the community quite as well as had been hoped.

This may sound like a reason to not get the vaccine, but it is the opposite. The vaccine is excellent at lowering the chance of hospitalization or death, which is why you should get one, but they do not fully prevent getting, or spreading the virus.

We already see very well-vaccinated countries like England and Israel have spikes in COVID rates recently as the Delta variant spreads. Importantly, the death rates in these countries has stayed lower because of the high vaccination rate.

Virus evolution works by the virus strains getting more and more effective at spreading, which means they are more infectious in both the population and the host's body. So, the virus is getting better at spreading and making people sick and this means if you are sitting out in the population without any protection, you could end up getting a variant much worse than the original COVID variant that caused this whole mess.

If you have not gotten the vaccine, you have let hundreds of millions of people test it for you and prove that the vaccine is safer than getting the virus.

Go get the vaccine!

A virus also generally gets more virulent as it mutates.
Post #: 1671
RE: Covid 19 and those infected - 7/9/2021 9:26:48 AM   
TJSweens

quote:

ORIGINAL: bohumm

quote:

ORIGINAL: unome

Go get the vaccine!

A virus also generally gets more virulent as it mutates.

The numbers show that with the Delta variant, covid-19 no longer cares if the infected person is older with a pre-existing condition or young and healthy. It infects both and sends both to the hospital now. Two large hot zones in Texas and another in Mississippi and Alabama threaten to be the incubator for the next variant that will likely be even worse.

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 1672
RE: Covid 19 and those infected - 7/9/2021 10:28:40 AM   
David Levine

Despite New COVID Variants, CDC Says You Don't Need Any Booster Doses Right Now

As new coronavirus variants test the protections of the available vaccines, federal health officials say there's no need for booster doses right now.

"Americans who have been fully vaccinated do not need a booster shot at this time," read a joint statement sent Thursday from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the Food and Drug Administration.

The agencies added that people who are fully vaccinated are protected from severe illness and death, including from emerging variants such as the highly contagious delta variant that's now the dominant strain in the U.S. and in other countries.

The news comes shortly after Pfizer and BioNTech announced plans to seek FDA authorization for a booster dose of their COVID-19 vaccine.

Pfizer and BioNTech say initial trial results from an ongoing booster trial show that a third shot given six months after the initial two shots can bring antibody levels to a point that should increase protection against disease caused by either the original strain of the coronavirus or the beta variant (the variant first detected in South Africa).

Pfizer and BioNTech say they are also developing a new version of their vaccine designed specifically to target the delta variant, which they hope to start testing in volunteers this summer.

https://www.npr.org/sections/coronavirus-live-updates/2021/07/08/1014438902/despite-new-covid-variants-cdc-says-you-dont-need-any-booster-doses-right-now

--------

Longer article:

Pfizer says it's time for a Covid booster; FDA and CDC say not so fast

https://www.cnn.com/2021/07/08/health/pfizer-waning-immunity-bn/index.html
Post #: 1673
RE: Covid 19 and those infected - 7/15/2021 8:30:47 PM   
DavidAOlson

AP reports four teams with vax rates under 50%.

Washington, Arizona, Indy, Chargers

https://apnews.com/article/sports-football-health-coronavirus-pandemic-nfl-28b509f34f24a919750dc6c20b787c79

I wouldn't be surprised if low vax rates cost those teams at least one win.

I give myself very good advice, but I very seldom follow it. --- Alice
Post #: 1674
RE: Covid 19 and those infected - 7/16/2021 8:16:35 AM   
Lynn G.

If I owned any team, I would accept that I cannot mandate vaccines for my players/coaches/staff - but I'd make it so unhappy for them - with separate locker rooms, separate eating areas, a bench on the field that is separate and in a not-very-good area (way out of the way), etc. that some of them, at least, may give in and get the vaccination.

Post #: 1675
Page:   <<   < prev  65 66 [67] 68 69   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: Covid 19 and those infected Page: <<   < prev  65 66 [67] 68 69   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode