Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: Covid 19 and those infected

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: Covid 19 and those infected Page: <<   < prev  65 66 67 68 [69]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Covid 19 and those infected - 8/23/2021 5:43:05 PM  1 votes
DavidAOlson

Radley Balko solves the vaccine crisis:

https://twitter.com/radleybalko/status/1429898140040286211

quote:

Idea:

- Set aside ~15 million Pfizer vaccines

- Give them a weird new name like Hydroxyiverzinc

- Send to doctors, veterinarians, acupuncturists, etc.

- Viral marketing campaign calling Hydroxyiverzinc “the secret COVID cure the government doesn’t what you to know about!”

I give myself very good advice, but I very seldom follow it. --- Alice
Post #: 1701
RE: Covid 19 and those infected - 8/24/2021 7:56:25 AM   
eagleflorida

quote:

ORIGINAL: DavidAOlson

quote:

Idea:

- Viral marketing campaign calling Hydroxyiverzinc “the secret COVID cure the government doesn’t what you to know about!”

OMIGOD. Balko ties them up in knots so badly that they lose track of their right wing gibberish and tap out.

It is mystifying to see these clips of all these antis regurgititating their mantras & noticing the large number who are tattooed everywhere.
Last time I knew , every one of those tats were applied by inserting a vibrating needle & injecting colored ink into the bodies of the tattooee.
How does that square with their inanane aversion to get a needlstick for a vaccine?

< Message edited by eagleflorida -- 8/24/2021 8:25:14 AM >
Post #: 1702
RE: Covid 19 and those infected - 8/24/2021 12:15:55 PM   
Mark Anderson

Maybe this has changed(in last 24 hours) but U of M requires vaccinations for students but not faculty and staff. Thee, not me.

< Message edited by Mark Anderson -- 8/24/2021 12:37:45 PM >
Post #: 1703
RE: Covid 19 and those infected - 8/24/2021 2:24:47 PM   
thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: eagleflorida

quote:

ORIGINAL: DavidAOlson

quote:

Idea:

OMIGOD. Balko ties them up in knots so badly that they lose track of their right wing gibberish and tap out.

It is mystifying to see these clips of all these antis regurgititating their mantras & noticing the large number who are tattooed everywhere.
Last time I knew , every one of those tats were applied by inserting a vibrating needle & injecting colored ink into the bodies of the tattooee.
How does that square with their inanane aversion to get a needlstick for a vaccine?

Since you're good with getting needelestuck with a vaccine, then you must also be good with getting needlestuck with poison?
Post #: 1704
RE: Covid 19 and those infected - 8/26/2021 2:29:03 PM   
David Levine

Tom Pelissero@TomPelissero
After the NFL fined them $14,650 for refusal to wear a mask, #Bills WRs Cole Beasley and Isaiah McKenzie are now subject to increased discipline for a repeat violation -- including for conduct detrimental with a maximum fine of one week's salary and/or 4-game unpaid suspension.
Post #: 1705
RE: Covid 19 and those infected - 8/26/2021 2:47:59 PM   
Ricky J

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Levine

Tom Pelissero@TomPelissero
After the NFL fined them $14,650 for refusal to wear a mask, #Bills WRs Cole Beasley and Isaiah McKenzie are now subject to increased discipline for a repeat violation -- including for conduct detrimental with a maximum fine of one week's salary and/or 4-game unpaid suspension.

If you start picking up 4 game suspensions that seems like justification for a release.
Post #: 1706
RE: Covid 19 and those infected - 8/30/2021 6:50:29 PM   
DavidAOlson

New NFL COVID rules, per Tom Pelissero.

https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/1432478651384217602

quote:

The NFL and NFLPA have agreed to regular-season COVID protocols, which include weekly testing for fully vaccinated players and staff -- an increase from every two weeks -- and a voluntary second weekly test, per source. Players with vulnerable cohabitants may elect to test daily.

Effective immediately, fully vaccinated club medical staff, strength and conditioning coaches and equipment staff will be required to wear masks when providing treatment, fitting equipment or directly interacting with players inside the club facility (not outdoors).

More from the new protocols: Players who are not fully vaccinated will not be required to wear masks at outdoor practices or walkthroughs (including practice bubbles). Masks still required indoors, in meetings, in weight rooms, etc.

Unvaccinated and partially vaccinated players and staff will continue to Mesa [sic] test every day, including off days, prior to entering the club facility and may not go inside or interact with one another while awaiting test results. Clubs required to enforce this.

The high-risk close contact protocol will remain the same: Fully vaccinated individuals will not be designated high-risk close contacts (but can be subject to daily testing and masking for five days). So, only unvaccinated players at risk of missing games without a positive test.

I'm glad to see rules converging on aerosols as the main transmission mechanism. Ventilation, ventilation, ventilation. And since the Delta strain is so transmissible, it makes sense to require everyone masked for any indoor interaction.

Post #: 1707
RE: Covid 19 and those infected - 10/13/2021 8:23:43 PM   
DavidAOlson

In another Vikings thread, Mark Anderson asked:

quote:

...does the vaccine wear out in time(thus the push for boosters)?

Vaccines don't wear out. They provoke an immune response and go away rapidly. Some aspects of the immune response persist (B-cells, various types of T-cells) and some may wane over time (antibodies).

For example, the COVID mRNA vaccines are gone in 72 hours. Your body rips apart mRNA quickly. (Because all vaccines are eliminated rapidly, any adverse effects have shown up within 6 weeks.)

The antibodies decrease over time — this is true for any disease: otherwise your blood would be clogged with antibodies.

The B-cells that generate antibodies often persist. They can ramp up antibody protection quickly if you are re-exposed, but the Delta variant reproduces to rapidly you can get an upper respiratory tract infection while they generate enough antibodies that (usually) prevent an infection elsewhere (lungs, etc.). For the original SARS, they persist for at least 17 years.

The various T-cells may also maintain the ability to fight the disease. They appear to persist in this case as well; but the length of time isn't known yet.

For some slower diseases, the B-cells react fast enough to stop any infection (Delta is extremely fast). For Tetanus, the immune response wanes over time, and you need a booster every 10 years or so. For others, the immune response persists adequately for the rest of your life.

For boosters, they definitely jack up the antibody levels. So in a COVID-19 outbreak, maybe everyone would benefit from boosters to wake up the immune system and prevent infections. It's too early to know whether that booster increases the B-cell/T-cell response long term. As an aside, if the vaccines weren't developed in response to a pandemic, the dosage schedule might have been, say, 3 shots spaced 6 months apart. But then we'd still be waiting for the trials to finish, and obviously researchers choose a dosage schedule to get results quickly.

Post #: 1708
RE: Covid 19 and those infected - 11/20/2021 12:11:08 PM   
thebigo

Regarding the recent surge in Covid cases, it seems a little odd that there doesn't seem to be any attention paid to the groups of 60-70,000 unmasked/screaming/spittle spraying fans at many sporting events.
Post #: 1709
RE: Covid 19 and those infected - 11/20/2021 6:14:51 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

ORIGINAL: thebigo

Regarding the recent surge in Covid cases, it seems a little odd that there doesn't seem to be any attention paid to the groups of 60-70,000 unmasked/screaming/spittle spraying fans at many sporting events.

Where were those comments during the Sturgis rally consisting of many more people, and I believe before there was even a vaccine? Oh... nevermind.

Although COVID-injected spittle can come from vaccinated people, it's simply shameless for-profit pandering to the unvaccinated morons. After all, job #1 is keeping butts in the seats (disregard tv contract profits for this)... even though half of them sell their GB tickets.
Post #: 1710
RE: Covid 19 and those infected - 11/21/2021 9:04:39 AM   
Ricky J

Id estimate less than 1% of the people in US Bank were wearing a mask. Yet, they go to the game, grocery store, other public places without wearing a mask as they criticize Cousins for not getting the vaccine.

At least he ain't lying about it ...
Post #: 1711
Page:   <<   < prev  65 66 67 68 [69]
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: Covid 19 and those infected Page: <<   < prev  65 66 67 68 [69]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode