Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: Minnesota Wild 2021 Season / Game Day

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Other Minnesota Sports] >> Minnesota Wild >> RE: Minnesota Wild 2021 Season / Game Day Page: <<   < prev  14 15 [16] 17 18   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Minnesota Wild 2021 Season / Game Day - 3/17/2021 9:03:44 AM   
Lynn G.

A handful of snipers and two great goalies.

Ahhh, life is good in the hockey world right now.

Put our country back in the hands of people who actually want to do things to help everyday citizens. Elect Democrats.
Post #: 376
RE: Minnesota Wild 2021 Season / Game Day - 3/17/2021 9:38:35 AM  1 votes
TJSweens

It's like I said before; the surest sign that this team is really firing on all cylinders is that even Dumba isn't just playing like a bonehead with a big slapshot any more. His decision making has improved drastically.

I know this fan in southwest Minnesota, who thinks this team is legitimately top six. He even risked jinxing it to say so. Not that hockey fans are superstitious. He also got a laugh out of Evason saying..."our goalies make us comfy". You gotta admit that "comfy" is a not a word you expect to come out of Evason's face.

Who's to argue with him at this point:

-There isn't a better goalie tandem in the NHL
-We roll with 7 high quality defensemen backed up by Addison and Belpedio in the AHL
-The veterans are leading and being unselfish
-A core of young players like Eriksson Ek, Fiala and Greenway have taken a big step forward and are producing big
-Oh yeah, and there is this Kaprizov guy, who is not only running away with ROY, he turning into one of the best players in the NHL. I think we call that the straw that stirs the drink

This southern Minnesota guy went as far as to say the Wild are bordering on top 4. Time will tell, but this definitely does not look like any other Wild team...ever.

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 377
RE: Minnesota Wild 2021 Season / Game Day - 3/17/2021 10:51:42 AM  1 votes
Jeff Jesser

It started with ridding ourselves with #9. Good player but he kept us down for year. He was too "blah". Our team character was that way for years. We win, yeah. We lose, oh well.

It was the epidemy of 9's personality. Never should have been given the "C".

Just look at the fun the team is playing with now. A lot of it also has to do with knowing you aren't down 2-nothing before the puck drops because Dubnyk is back there.
Post #: 378
RE: Minnesota Wild 2021 Season / Game Day - 3/17/2021 10:52:29 AM   
Jeff Jesser

BTW - Kappo was good last night but he sucked the first 5 minutes. Glad he ironed it out.
Post #: 379
RE: Minnesota Wild 2021 Season / Game Day - 3/17/2021 11:00:10 AM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

ORIGINAL: TJSweens

It's like I said before; the surest sign that this team is really firing on all cylinders is that even Dumba isn't just playing like a bonehead with a big slapshot any more. His decision making has improved drastically.

I know this fan in southwest Minnesota, who thinks this team is legitimately top six. He even risked jinxing it to say so. Not that hockey fans are superstitious. He also got a laugh out of Evason saying..."our goalies make us comfy". You gotta admit that "comfy" is a not a word you expect to come out of Evason's face.

-We roll with 7 high quality defensemen backed up by Addison and Belpedio in the AHL
-A core of young players like Eriksson Ek, Fiala and Greenway have taken a big step forward and are producing big
-Oh yeah, and there is this Kaprizov guy, who is not only running away with ROY, he turning into one of the best players in the NHL. I think we call that the straw that stirs the drink

This southern Minnesota guy went as far as to say the Wild are bordering on top 4. Time will tell, but this definitely does not look like any other Wild team...ever.

Vegas agrees with you....18/1 to win Stanley Cup (8th best odds)

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 380
RE: Minnesota Wild 2021 Season / Game Day - 3/17/2021 11:05:39 AM   
TJSweens

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jeff Jesser

BTW - Kappo was good last night but he sucked the first 5 minutes. Glad he ironed it out.

If NTG could manage to shut people out during the stretches that he sucked, he would still be between the pipes.

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 381
RE: Minnesota Wild 2021 Season / Game Day - 3/17/2021 11:10:42 AM   
TJSweens

quote:

It started with ridding ourselves with #9. Good player but he kept us down for year. He was too "blah". Our team character was that way for years. We win, yeah. We lose, oh well.

It was the epidemy of 9's personality. Never should have been given the "C".

Just look at the fun the team is playing with now. A lot of it also has to do with knowing you aren't down 2-nothing before the puck drops because Dubnyk is back there.

I love that this team is not stoic about it when they lose a game. They get pissed off at themselves and Evason gets pissed off at them too. Hell they get pissed off at missing opportunities now. Zuccs was seething after he missed his chance when Kaprizov put that blind pass between his legs and onto Zuccarello's tape. I also noticed that that there isn't the incessant chirping and bitching at referees that was so common on this team when #9 was the captain.

< Message edited by TJSweens -- 3/17/2021 11:12:49 AM >

Post #: 382
RE: Minnesota Wild 2021 Season / Game Day - 3/17/2021 11:43:30 AM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

Dlineman aren't walking on egg shell with these two goalies....Both give them more confidence (then even Stalock last year).

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 383
RE: Minnesota Wild 2021 Season / Game Day - 3/17/2021 12:11:31 PM   
TJSweens

Carson Soucy will have a hearing over his hit last night. It looked to me like he just had too much momentum going into the hit. When he turned his body to make the check his feet left the ice because of it. I don't think there was any intent to it.

Lawson Crouse was pretty gutless in the way he went after him. Blind side Soucy when he is leaving the ice and then start showering him punches when he was helpless from said blind siding. What a bitch move.

Post #: 384
RE: Minnesota Wild 2021 Season / Game Day - 3/17/2021 1:41:50 PM   
Lynn G.

quote:

That friend in southwest Minnesota sounds like a genius.

Put our country back in the hands of people who actually want to do things to help everyday citizens. Elect Democrats.
Post #: 385
RE: Minnesota Wild 2021 Season / Game Day - 3/17/2021 2:00:15 PM   
TJSweens

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lynn G.

quote:

Hey, he just said top 4 to 6 and comfy. The rest of it's mine.

Post #: 386
RE: Minnesota Wild 2021 Season / Game Day - 3/17/2021 2:03:23 PM   
TJSweens

Matthew Boldy is a Hoby Baker finalist.

Post #: 387
RE: Minnesota Wild 2021 Season / Game Day - 3/17/2021 2:13:02 PM   
Jeff Jesser

quote:

Carson Soucy will have a hearing over his hit last night. It looked to me like he just had too much momentum going into the hit. When he turned his body to make the check his feet left the ice because of it. I don't think there was any intent to it.

Lawson Crouse was pretty gutless in the way he went after him. Blind side Soucy when he is leaving the ice and then start showering him punches when he was helpless from said blind siding. What a bitch move.

It was made worse in the fact that he kept pounding on him when he was lying on the ice in defense mode. It was made EVEN worse that our guys stood there and said "hey! that's mean"
Post #: 388
RE: Minnesota Wild 2021 Season / Game Day - 3/17/2021 2:18:52 PM   
TJSweens

quote:

quote:

It was made worse in the fact that he kept pounding on him when he was lying on the ice in defense mode. It was made EVEN worse that our guys stood there and said "hey! that's mean"

Yeah, our guys got caught flat footed. The refs were in pretty fast and anyone jumping in probably would have gotten booted for third man.

Post #: 389
RE: Minnesota Wild 2021 Season / Game Day - 3/17/2021 3:12:04 PM   
TJSweens

Soucy gets one game. Still one more game than he deserved. No way that was intentional. And I repeat, Crouse should have at least had a hearing for his actions.

Post #: 390
RE: Minnesota Wild 2021 Season / Game Day - 3/17/2021 3:29:05 PM   
Jeff Jesser

Would have been worth it IMO. Send a tone for the rest of the year that we aren't soft.
Post #: 391
RE: Minnesota Wild 2021 Season / Game Day - 3/17/2021 3:30:58 PM   
Jeff Jesser

quote:

Soucy gets one game. Still one more game than he deserved. No way that was intentional. And I repeat, Crouse should have at least had a hearing for his actions.

No doubt
Post #: 392
RE: Minnesota Wild 2021 Season / Game Day - 3/18/2021 9:31:40 AM   
TJSweens

quote:

quote:

No doubt

I read one comment that if what Soucy did is grounds for a game suspension, Bob Probert would be doing 5 years hard labor for some of the hits he delivered.

Post #: 393
RE: Minnesota Wild 2021 Season / Game Day - 3/18/2021 2:13:11 PM   
kevinemmer

quote:

quote:

Come baaaaaaaaaaaccckkkk!!!!
Post #: 394
RE: Minnesota Wild 2021 Season / Game Day - 3/18/2021 8:07:57 PM   
bstinger

quote:

quote:

quote:

Hey, he just said top 4 to 6 and comfy. The rest of it's mine.

I agree with Lynn.

"You guys are true athletes!"

--twinsfan
Post #: 395
RE: Minnesota Wild 2021 Season / Game Day - 3/18/2021 8:09:13 PM   
bstinger

quote:

ORIGINAL: kevinemmer

quote:

quote:

Come baaaaaaaaaaaccckkkk!!!!

YEAAAAAAAA!

--twinsfan
Post #: 396
RE: Minnesota Wild 2021 Season / Game Day - 3/18/2021 8:09:35 PM   
bstinger

Big one tonight!

--twinsfan
Post #: 397
RE: Minnesota Wild 2021 Season / Game Day - 3/18/2021 8:46:56 PM   
bstinger

Epic fail in the 1st.

--twinsfan
Post #: 398
RE: Minnesota Wild 2021 Season / Game Day - 3/18/2021 9:44:30 PM   
kevinemmer

Someone (Russo?) please point out to Evason that your #1 Goalie ain’t Talbot!!

Cam doesn’t suck, but Kaapo has earned #1 job.
C’mon man!!
Post #: 399
RE: Minnesota Wild 2021 Season / Game Day - 3/18/2021 10:14:23 PM   
kevinemmer

Yikes!
46 shots on Cam thru 2 periods?
I’m blacked out but holy crap.
Ooph
No support tonight, but isn’t it obvious that Kaapo
deserves to be #1?
Post #: 400
Page:   <<   < prev  14 15 [16] 17 18   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Other Minnesota Sports] >> Minnesota Wild >> RE: Minnesota Wild 2021 Season / Game Day Page: <<   < prev  14 15 [16] 17 18   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode