Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: NFL Draft 2021

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: NFL Draft 2021 Page: <<   < prev  103 104 [105] 106 107   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: NFL Draft 2021 - 5/2/2021 5:16:31 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

ORIGINAL: Phil Riewer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tom Sykes

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Jandro

quote:

ORIGINAL: Brad H

quote:

I am not going to complain about Oline when we spent a 1st and a 3rd.

I like that they went after coverage/ST/Speed guys in the 4th- 6th rounds of the draft...that is a weakness.

The positives about the o-line is that if they all pan out, we have a very young offensive line with a lot of years ahead of them. The negatives are that we have little depth and very little experience. Who is the leader up front, O'Neill? Maybe Bradbury?

I'm hoping they all become great. I really am. I just wanted more out of the draft given we didn't address it in free agency and had one of the worst pass-blocking o-lines in the league a year ago. That's a lot of youth and a lot to expect right away.

Is Darrisaw instantly better than Reiff? I don't think so. He may end up being better in the long run, but the kid hasn't taken a snap yet nor seen his first big paycheck. At some point he'll see TJ Watt, Aaron Donald, Myles Garrett, Joey Bosa, Nick Bosa, JJ Watt and Khalil Mack this season. That's like a rookie pitcher facing the '27 Yankees. That will be where the rubber meets the road, and a ton to expect from a young kid.

Kirk Cousins better have his head on a swivel, and Kellen Mond better be ready to go if not.

I like the two oline prospects we drafted but at least one more G would have been a lot better. Esp considering we didn't bring in any kind vet presence. I thought a Klien type that could start at LG on a one year deal would have been a solid move for the overall development of the young guys.

This still could happen. No one knows what Cole or Hinton do yet either. I like our online depth. I like our def depth and speed we drafted.

Like any team the are going to have to do their best regarding depth with their taxi squad. There will be injuries. Look at KC. They had a ton of injuries on their oline last year. Prob the one thing that cost them a super bowl

IMO you are right, we still may address OL with a castoff or two but I disagree with our depth as is, especially on the interior. We could easily have used another 4th or 5th rd pick on the inside.

Darrisaw, O'Neill, Hill and Cleveland (if we were smart enough to admit our mistake in drafting a 2nd rd back-up) gives us depth and talent (on paper) at both OT spots. That's more depth than ... I can ever remember. (And no, Udoh doesn't matter)

However, playing Cleveland out of position at G hurts his development and also our OT depth. It may help us at G if he improves this year but it is a very ineffective use of resources. Any HC or OC or OL coach that says we are adapting our 'system' to the strengths of our players should be shot. He is a square peg in a round hole.

Cole who is really just our back-up C, Dozier, Davis is a razor thin G corps. Razor thin. It wouldn't surprise me if Dozier (along with Cleveland) started over both Cole and Davis given our past MO. Then we just have to wait for Dozier to go down before obvious upgrade Davis comes in and starts mashing DL.

You are forgetting about Hinton but every team has 8-9 lineman. I like our 8-9. Nobody keeps 10. Stash a couple on taxi squad that no one will snipe and call it good with maybe another FA signing but not much money left

Why do you even suggest 8 lineman? Who does that? My guess is you will repeat it to try to defend your stance on depth, i.e. the fewer OL we carry, the easier it is to say we have better depth.

I believe teams carry 10 OL FAR FAR more than 8 OL.

"Nobody keeps 10." Really?

< Message edited by Bill Johanesen -- 5/2/2021 5:25:18 PM >
Post #: 2601
RE: NFL Draft 2021 - 5/2/2021 5:18:01 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

I like that they went after coverage/ST/Speed guys in the 4th- 6th rounds of the draft...that is a weakness.

The positives about the o-line is that if they all pan out, we have a very young offensive line with a lot of years ahead of them. The negatives are that we have little depth and very little experience. Who is the leader up front, O'Neill? Maybe Bradbury?

I'm hoping they all become great. I really am. I just wanted more out of the draft given we didn't address it in free agency and had one of the worst pass-blocking o-lines in the league a year ago. That's a lot of youth and a lot to expect right away.

Is Darrisaw instantly better than Reiff? I don't think so. He may end up being better in the long run, but the kid hasn't taken a snap yet nor seen his first big paycheck. At some point he'll see TJ Watt, Aaron Donald, Myles Garrett, Joey Bosa, Nick Bosa, JJ Watt and Khalil Mack this season. That's like a rookie pitcher facing the '27 Yankees. That will be where the rubber meets the road, and a ton to expect from a young kid.

Kirk Cousins better have his head on a swivel, and Kellen Mond better be ready to go if not.

I like the two oline prospects we drafted but at least one more G would have been a lot better. Esp considering we didn't bring in any kind vet presence. I thought a Klien type that could start at LG on a one year deal would have been a solid move for the overall development of the young guys.

This still could happen. No one knows what Cole or Hinton do yet either. I like our online depth. I like our def depth and speed we drafted.

Like any team the are going to have to do their best regarding depth with their taxi squad. There will be injuries. Look at KC. They had a ton of injuries on their oline last year. Prob the one thing that cost them a super bowl

IMO you are right, we still may address OL with a castoff or two but I disagree with our depth as is, especially on the interior. We could easily have used another 4th or 5th rd pick on the inside.

Darrisaw, O'Neill, Hill and Cleveland (if we were smart enough to admit our mistake in drafting a 2nd rd back-up) gives us depth and talent (on paper) at both OT spots. That's more depth than ... I can ever remember. (And no, Udoh doesn't matter)

However, playing Cleveland out of position at G hurts his development and also our OT depth. It may help us at G if he improves this year but it is a very ineffective use of resources. Any HC or OC or OL coach that says we are adapting our 'system' to the strengths of our players should be shot. He is a square peg in a round hole.

Cole who is really just our back-up C, Dozier, Davis is a razor thin G corps. Razor thin. It wouldn't surprise me if Dozier (along with Cleveland) started over both Cole and Davis given our past MO. Then we just have to wait for Dozier to go down before obvious upgrade Davis comes in and starts mashing DL.

Solid post all around.
Post #: 2602
RE: NFL Draft 2021 - 5/2/2021 5:24:09 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

I see KC picked Creed Humphries with their 2nd rder (their 1st selection).

Their org was not going to let their oline drag them down a 2nd time.

The Vikes are high on Hinton and as bad Dozier is he would be a good backup on most teams. We now have two first rounders two second rounders and a third invested in our oline. Straw man argument at Rick ignoring oline. All on coaches at this point. Zimmer mentioned he wanted two bigger lineman and two were drafted.

Look back on the good Vikings lines. They had studs but they also stayed healthy and didn’t test depth too much. Best thing u can do for depth is get rid of injury riddled lineman.

The Vikings being high on Hinton sounds like Samia the year before. We are high on every player on the roster or they wouldn't be on the roster. That doesn't mean a lot until you see them in games.

I don't think Dozier is a good back-up ... if he can't play his 'starter experience' doesn't mean a lot. Hill is a decent back-up ... didn't play well in extended time (or on the right side) ... but he has looked solid in spot duty on the left. There is vast chasm between Hill and Dozier as back-ups.

Straw man argument at Rick ignoring the line is true but the performance of the line has made that commentary forgivable. Adding draftees like adding starter experience only adds if the player can play or develop into a player. Speilman had been giving 'draft attention' to the OL four years before this offseason and the line sucked. Hopefully, Darrisaw and Davis will push the gauge from below avg to avg or above (or even above avg, you never know), we'll have to wait and see.

First paragraph, bingo. Phil loves saying they are "high" on x and y. Until they are not. And he makes it up or twists a casual quip like "We really like x". What are they going to say?? The truth "Ah, x is a fringe player and we would love an upgrade. Or x to catch lightning, which isn't going to happen."

Second paragraph, bingo. Dozier is who we thought he was. If he plays as a sub, the defense isn't going to bring in subs.

Third paragraph, bingo. The key being acquisitions are only meaningful if they pan out. This year, more attention will hopefully pay dividends.

< Message edited by Bill Johanesen -- 5/2/2021 5:29:02 PM >
Post #: 2603
RE: NFL Draft 2021 - 5/2/2021 5:54:01 PM   
Pager

Random:

Based on these figures from the folks at Over the Cap, in the time that Rick Spielman has been General Manager of the Vikings the team has made 38 draft weekend trades (counting the one that he made on Thursday night). Of those 38 trades, only nine of them have been to move up the board while 29 of them were to move down and stockpile more picks.

Left picking up the pieces.
Post #: 2604
RE: NFL Draft 2021 - 5/2/2021 6:19:15 PM   
Brad H

quote:

ORIGINAL: Pager

Random:

Based on these figures from the folks at Over the Cap, in the time that Rick Spielman has been General Manager of the Vikings the team has made 38 draft weekend trades (counting the one that he made on Thursday night). Of those 38 trades, only nine of them have been to move up the board while 29 of them were to move down and stockpile more picks.

I wonder how many of those guys are still on the team.

Defense starts at the corners!
Post #: 2605
RE: NFL Draft 2021 - 5/2/2021 6:52:24 PM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

I'm not going to argue with you Phil

If you are satisfied with Udoh, Hinton, Dozier, Cole as 4 of your possible 5 backups there's nothing more to say.

I think we keep 9 Olinemen with LS as the 10th.

LT Darrisaw
LG Davis
C Bradbury
RG Cleveland
RT O'Neill

Subs

Udoh
Cole
Hill
Hinton or FA
Post #: 2606
RE: NFL Draft 2021 - 5/2/2021 7:11:50 PM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Johanesen

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

You are forgetting about Hinton but every team has 8-9 lineman. I like our 8-9. Nobody keeps 10. Stash a couple on taxi squad that no one will snipe and call it good with maybe another FA signing but not much money left

Why do you even suggest 8 lineman? Who does that? My guess is you will repeat it to try to defend your stance on depth, i.e. the fewer OL we carry, the easier it is to say we have better depth.

I believe teams carry 10 OL FAR FAR more than 8 OL.

"Nobody keeps 10." Really?

Does the long snapper count or not? Again there is thr next round of cuts in June. Samia and Dozier are on outside looking in. Are u going with 10-11 oline make the team excluding LS to fit ur narrative?

Come back after a Laker win grumpy ass. Tom and I were fine discussing it w/o u.

< Message edited by Phil Riewer -- 5/2/2021 7:13:05 PM >

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 2607
RE: NFL Draft 2021 - 5/2/2021 7:12:56 PM   
Jeff Allen

The people who liked the Kellen Mond pick are on drugs. The guy has no arm and did next to nothing in college. He will also set us back a year or two in looking for a QB because as a third round pick they will give him a chance to play when the Cousins era is over. It's TJack 2.0. Yippee.

If they wanted a QB they should have gotten one in the first round. The top four QB's are all going to do well. That's why we should have targeted. How many QB's drafted after the early second round actually make it? Cousins? Brady? Wilson? If they are not good enough to be first round picks at an over-drafted position then they most likely will never amount to a hill of beans.

I'd say half the people here actually like or LOVE the Mond pick. Stupid.
Post #: 2608
RE: NFL Draft 2021 - 5/2/2021 7:14:26 PM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jeff Allen

The people who liked the Kellen Mond pick are on drugs. The guy has no arm and did next to nothing in college. He will also set us back a year or two in looking for a QB because as a third round pick they will give him a chance to play when the Cousins era is over. It's TJack 2.0. Yippee.

If they wanted a QB they should have gotten one in the first round. The top four QB's are all going to do well. That's why we should have targeted. How many QB's drafted after the early second round actually make it? Cousins? Brady? Wilson? If they are not good enough to be first round picks at an over-drafted position then they most likely will never amount to a hill of beans.

Opinions vary but ur take on arm strength is the first. I see a canon

Post #: 2609
RE: NFL Draft 2021 - 5/2/2021 7:17:04 PM   
Pager

quote:

That's contradictory to EVERYTHING I've read about him or seen on the tapes. Stupid.

You think a new regime is going to hitch their wagon to a 3rd round QB if he hasn't shown something? Stupid.

Forget Prescott? Stupid.

You think there will be 100% success rate of the first 4 QBs? Stupid.

< Message edited by Pager -- 5/2/2021 7:24:57 PM >

Post #: 2610
RE: NFL Draft 2021 - 5/2/2021 7:27:45 PM   
Phil Riewer

If U have questions watch him run thru LSU and Alabama when needed and what he did in YouTube highlights.

Post #: 2611
RE: NFL Draft 2021 - 5/2/2021 7:31:18 PM   
Pager

quote:

If U have questions watch him run thru LSU and Alabama when needed and what he did in YouTube highlights.

And with a below average supporting case. Imagine if he played for Alabama.

For a 3rd round, to save money on a backup and potential upside/developmental QB? Very good pick by Rick.

Post #: 2612
RE: NFL Draft 2021 - 5/2/2021 7:31:30 PM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

I'm not going to argue with you Phil

If you are satisfied with Udoh, Hinton, Dozier, Cole as 4 of your possible 5 backups there's nothing more to say.

I said at this point I am but with June and TC cuts there is still a guy out there we might like depending on $$$; Nothing is perfect but it is better then it has been in a long time for that unit.

< Message edited by Phil Riewer -- 5/2/2021 7:32:52 PM >

Post #: 2613
RE: NFL Draft 2021 - 5/2/2021 7:35:00 PM   
Jeff Allen

quote:

quote:

That's contradictory to EVERYTHING I've read about him or seen on the tapes. Stupid.

You think a new regime is going to hitch their wagon to a 3rd round QB if he hasn't shown something? Stupid.

Forget Prescott? Stupid.

You will be disappointed. This review backs me up.

A ballyhooed four-star quarterback out of IMG Academy, Mond more or less met expectations as a four-year starter in the SEC. But for all his experience and opportunity, Mond never made a star-turn in College Station. Heading into the NFL, he looks more like a long-term backup than a future starter.

Mond directed a pro-style offense at A&M, a solid runner (1,609 career rushing yards) who managed the offense efficiently and took care of the ball (per PFF, Mond finished No. 18 in turnover-worthy play rate last year). He kept an offense moving that was generally rich in RB and OL talent but light on receivers (the only pass-catcher Mond has played with who got drafted is Jace Sternberger; Jhamon Ausbon has a chance to change that but is no sure thing to get picked this spring).

But Mond simply never improved enough as a thrower to comfortably project him as a potential starter at the next-level. Last year, per PFF, he finished lower than any prospect on this list that played more than one game by throwing an accurate ball on less than 50% of his passes beyond the line of scrimmage.

It’s not just a lack of accuracy. Mond’s arm is mediocre. He does his best to hide this weakness, playing a conservative brand of football and mostly avoiding the deep sector. Combine his throws beyond 20 yards downfield with his throws between 10-19 yards outside the numbers, and Mond went just 22-for-72 last year for 628 yards and a 7/2 TD/INT rate.

In the NFL, defenses will cheat up, knowing Mond can’t hurt them deep. They will also get after him, as Mond’s 68.8% completion percentage and 90.3 PFF grade from a clean pocket drop to 46.8% and 59.9, respectively, under pressure.

Mond feels like a potential long-term backup option for a team like Baltimore of Philadelphia, which already have systems in place that would play up some of his strengths while mitigating a few of his weaknesses. Mond’s accuracy and placement woes in conjunction with his inability to threaten deep not only figure to prevent him from becoming a long-term starter, but also limit his utility as a backup to teams that have already adapted their schemes to suit dual-threats with shaky accuracy.
Post #: 2614
RE: NFL Draft 2021 - 5/2/2021 7:35:32 PM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

quote:

And with a below average supporting case. Imagine if he played for Alabama.

For a 3rd round, to save money on a backup and potential upside/developmental QB? Very good pick by Rick.

Yepper. Q Davis (UDFA on Vikes last year) and TE Sterberger were his top targets. Not devoid but not LSU quality.

Post #: 2615
RE: NFL Draft 2021 - 5/2/2021 7:36:53 PM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

quote:

quote:

Forget Prescott? Stupid.

A ballyhooed four-star quarterback out of IMG Academy, Mond more or less met expectations as a four-year starter in the SEC. But for all his experience and opportunity, Mond never made a star-turn in College Station. Heading into the NFL, he looks more like a long-term backup than a future starter.

Mond directed a pro-style offense at A&M, a solid runner (1,609 career rushing yards) who managed the offense efficiently and took care of the ball (per PFF, Mond finished No. 18 in turnover-worthy play rate last year). He kept an offense moving that was generally rich in RB and OL talent but light on receivers (the only pass-catcher Mond has played with who got drafted is Jace Sternberger; Jhamon Ausbon has a chance to change that but is no sure thing to get picked this spring).

But Mond simply never improved enough as a thrower to comfortably project him as a potential starter at the next-level. Last year, per PFF, he finished lower than any prospect on this list that played more than one game by throwing an accurate ball on less than 50% of his passes beyond the line of scrimmage.

It’s not just a lack of accuracy. Mond’s arm is mediocre. He does his best to hide this weakness, playing a conservative brand of football and mostly avoiding the deep sector. Combine his throws beyond 20 yards downfield with his throws between 10-19 yards outside the numbers, and Mond went just 22-for-72 last year for 628 yards and a 7/2 TD/INT rate.

In the NFL, defenses will cheat up, knowing Mond can’t hurt them deep. They will also get after him, as Mond’s 68.8% completion percentage and 90.3 PFF grade from a clean pocket drop to 46.8% and 59.9, respectively, under pressure.

Mond feels like a potential long-term backup option for a team like Baltimore of Philadelphia, which already have systems in place that would play up some of his strengths while mitigating a few of his weaknesses. Mond’s accuracy and placement woes in conjunction with his inability to threaten deep not only figure to prevent him from becoming a long-term starter, but also limit his utility as a backup to teams that have already adapted their schemes to suit dual-threats with shaky accuracy.

Where is the link?

Post #: 2616
RE: NFL Draft 2021 - 5/2/2021 7:40:36 PM   
Phil Riewer

Twitter on Mond:

Sources tell me the PFF draft simulator gives the Vikings an A+ for taking QB Kellen Mond

Chris Simms:

Kellen Mond @TheKellenMond is my #4 QB in this class. He's a machine throwing the ball, as pure and consistent a thrower as anyone in this class. Explosive arm. He's a Top 20 pick who someone is going to get in Day 2.

Post #: 2617
RE: NFL Draft 2021 - 5/2/2021 7:41:27 PM  1 votes
Phil Riewer

Vikings + Jets Trade =

Jets:
● Alijah Vera-Tucker
● 143rd Pick

Vikings:
● Christian Darrisaw
● Kellen Mond
● Wyatt Davis

Post #: 2618
RE: NFL Draft 2021 - 5/2/2021 7:45:34 PM   
beo

quote:

Shocking, you have a negative opinion... have you ever posted anything positive about anything the Vikings have ever done... in the history of history?

God forbid fans be positive in the most optimistic point in the year.

As far as "no arm"... watching his game film takes a couple of minutes to realize how wrong that is.

As far as done nothing...

"How many Texas A&M players were drafted other than Mond? Only one offensive player a guard in the 4th and two defensive players in the 4th. Despite having no major playmakers, Mond let them to a 8-1 record in the SEC"

3rd round QB is still a longshot... but the Russel Wilson/Dak Prescott qbs do happen.

Phil Simms & JT Sullivan who are 2 evaluators who have been pretty good at rating QB talent the last several years had him rated in the top 4.
Post #: 2619
RE: NFL Draft 2021 - 5/2/2021 7:48:59 PM   
thebigo

quote:

Vikings + Jets Trade =

Jets:
● Alijah Vera-Tucker
● 143rd Pick

Vikings:
● Christian Darrisaw
● Kellen Mond
● Wyatt Davis

Since you didn't say it I'll say it, 'nuff said
Post #: 2620
RE: NFL Draft 2021 - 5/2/2021 7:52:18 PM   
Jeff Allen

quote:

quote:

Forget Prescott? Stupid.

Yes, they will hitch their wagon to this guy for a year or two. Just like TJack.

I did forget Prescott.

Not a 100% success rate, of course, but if you want to commit to getting a QB in the draft THAT'S where you draft them. You don't wait for the third tier guys who almost never pan out. Just look on this team the past 25 years.

Chad May
Tarvaris Jackson
Tyler Thigpen
John David Booty
Nate Stanley

Here are QB's taken in rounds 2-5 from 2016 going forward:

Christian Hackenberg
Jacoby Brissett
Cody Kessler
Connor Cook
Dak Prescott
Cardale Jones
Kevin Hogan

DeShone Kizer
Davis Webb
CJ Beathard
Joshua Dobbs
Nathan Peterman

Mason Rudolph
Kyle Lauletta
Mike White

Drew Lock
Will Grier
Ryan Finley
Jarrett Stidham
Easton Stick
Clayton Thorson

Jalen Hurts
Jacob Eason
James Morgan
Jake Fromm

Other than Prescott and maybe Hurts, the rest or HORRIBLE NFL QB's. Mond = WASTED PICK.

Should have just sent a 6th round pick to Carolina and gotten Teddy back to be the backup. They could have grabbed DE Ossai instead or Brady Christensen who they supposedly loved instead of getting a backup QB in the third round.
Post #: 2621
RE: NFL Draft 2021 - 5/2/2021 8:06:12 PM   
Jeff Allen

quote:

ORIGINAL: beo

quote:

Shocking, you have a negative opinion... have you ever posted anything positive about anything the Vikings have ever done... in the history of history?

As far as "no arm"... watching his game film takes a couple of minutes to realize how wrong that is.

"How many Texas A&M players were drafted other than Mond? Only one offensive player a guard in the 4th and two defensive players in the 4th. Despite having no major playmakers, Mond let them to a 8-1 record in the SEC"

3rd round QB is still a longshot... but the Russel Wilson/Dak Prescott qbs do happen.

Phil Simms & JT Sullivan who are 2 evaluators who have been pretty good at rating QB talent the last several years had him rated in the top 4.

It's like talking to a third grader. Mond is a wasted pick. The last time I was wrong on a Vikings QB was Culpepper's second year. Before that I believe I wanted Kramer to start over Wade Wilson in 1987. That's it. People here liked Ponder at one time (true story). Some wanted TJack to start his rookie year and stayed with him in Year 2 and Year 3 (true story). Some even hated Favre (true story). Some thought noodle arm Teddy was the answer (true story).

We have a backup QB in Mond. Period. At least he was part of the trade down so it's kind of like an Underwood bonus pick. But still...the optimism on this guy is unwarranted. Looking at past data there's a 92-96% chance this guy never does a damn thing in the NFL. But some purple goggle Bilbens look at it like, "So you're sayin there's a chance..."
Post #: 2622
RE: NFL Draft 2021 - 5/2/2021 8:12:28 PM   
beo

quote:

quote:

quote:

It's like talking to a third grader. Mond is a wasted pick. The last time I was wrong on a Vikings QB was Culpepper's second year. Before that I believe I wanted Kramer to start over Wade Wilson in 1987. That's it. People here liked Ponder at one time (true story). Some wanted TJack to start his rookie year and stayed with him in Year 2 and Year 3 (true story). Some even hated Favre (true story). Some thought noodle arm Teddy was the answer (true story).

We have a backup QB in Mond. Period. At least he was part of the trade down so it's kind of like an Underwood bonus pick. But still...the optimism on this guy is unwarranted. Looking at past data there's a 92-96% chance this guy never does a damn thing in the NFL. But some purple goggle Bilbens look at it like, "So you're sayin there's a chance..."

Ah yes, next the insults...

You said: no arm.... I showed that as false
You said: done nothing... I showed that as false

You believe it's a wasted pick... very possible.
I think a 3rd round when you have 4 on a QB you think could develop is reasonable... it's certainly against the odds... I'm guessing Seattle and Dallas are glad they took a chance.

You are infallible(i know, a big word for a 3rd grader) when it comes to predicting QB play... wanna go on record as to predicting Fields and Mac Jones future... you know, the only guys we had a shot at in the 1st round.

< Message edited by beo -- 5/2/2021 8:17:08 PM >
Post #: 2623
RE: NFL Draft 2021 - 5/2/2021 8:18:54 PM   
Pager

quote:

quote:

quote:

Forget Prescott? Stupid.

1 article backs you up and you're vindicated? Classic. There are more articles i can post that refute this one. Does that mean I'm more right than you?

There is simply no outcome that will disappoint me. Complete bust and all we gave up was a 3rd. Not disappointed.

Disappointed would be if Lance busts giving up 3 first rounders.

The fact you don't realize that Zim/Spiel/Cousins are tied together is hysterical. If Cousins doesn't take us to the promised land in the next two season, we start over. To say this pick set us back two years is moronic at best.

Post #: 2624
RE: NFL Draft 2021 - 5/2/2021 8:19:46 PM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Ah yes, next the insults...

You said: no arm.... I showed that as false
You said: done nothing... I showed that as false

You believe it's a wasted pick... very possible.
I think a 3rd round when you have 4 on a QB you think could develop is reasonable... it's certainly against the odds... I'm guessing Seattle and Dallas are glad they took a chance.

You are infallible(i know, i word for a 3rd grader) when it comes to predicting QB play... wanna go on record as to predicting Fields and Mac Jones future... you know, the only guys we had a shot at in the 1st round.

One thing I always worry about with Mills Fields and Davis. They played with a lot of talent. Lance and Monds didn’t. Hell Monds took Alabama and LSU (great defenses) with literally no talent at WR or TE. The Gophers have better TE and WR. A great QB does that(finds a way). I also liked that big Florida QB but his mobility isn’t as good.

< Message edited by Phil Riewer -- 5/2/2021 8:22:34 PM >

Post #: 2625
Page:   <<   < prev  103 104 [105] 106 107   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: NFL Draft 2021 Page: <<   < prev  103 104 [105] 106 107   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode