Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: NFL Draft 2021

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: NFL Draft 2021 Page: <<   < prev  104 105 [106] 107 108   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: NFL Draft 2021 - 5/2/2021 8:23:00 PM   
Pager

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jeff Allen

quote:

ORIGINAL: Pager

quote:

The people who liked the Kellen Mond pick are on drugs. The guy has no arm and did next to nothing in college. He will also set us back a year or two in looking for a QB because as a third round pick they will give him a chance to play when the Cousins era is over. It's TJack 2.0. Yippee.

If they wanted a QB they should have gotten one in the first round. The top four QB's are all going to do well. That's why we should have targeted. How many QB's drafted after the early second round actually make it? Cousins? Brady? Wilson? If they are not good enough to be first round picks at an over-drafted position then they most likely will never amount to a hill of beans.

I'd say half the people here actually like or LOVE the Mond pick. Stupid.

That's contradictory to EVERYTHING I've read about him or seen on the tapes. Stupid.

You think a new regime is going to hitch their wagon to a 3rd round QB if he hasn't shown something? Stupid.

Forget Prescott? Stupid.

You think there will be 100% success rate of the first 4 QBs? Stupid.

Yes, they will hitch their wagon to this guy for a year or two. Just like TJack.

I did forget Prescott.

Not a 100% success rate, of course, but if you want to commit to getting a QB in the draft THAT'S where you draft them. You don't wait for the third tier guys who almost never pan out. Just look on this team the past 25 years.

Chad May
Tarvaris Jackson
Tyler Thigpen
John David Booty
Nate Stanley

Here are QB's taken in rounds 2-5 from 2016 going forward:

Christian Hackenberg
Jacoby Brissett
Cody Kessler
Connor Cook
Dak Prescott
Cardale Jones
Kevin Hogan

DeShone Kizer
Davis Webb
CJ Beathard
Joshua Dobbs
Nathan Peterman

Mason Rudolph
Kyle Lauletta
Mike White

Drew Lock
Will Grier
Ryan Finley
Jarrett Stidham
Easton Stick
Clayton Thorson

Jalen Hurts
Jacob Eason
James Morgan
Jake Fromm

Other than Prescott and maybe Hurts, the rest or HORRIBLE NFL QB's. Mond = WASTED PICK.

Should have just sent a 6th round pick to Carolina and gotten Teddy back to be the backup. They could have grabbed DE Ossai instead or Brady Christensen who they supposedly loved instead of getting a backup QB in the third round.

Coming back for a second try

Give a 6th for Teddy AND have to restructure deals cuz we'd be over the cap? Stupid.

Any other brilliant ideas?

Left picking up the pieces.
Post #: 2626
RE: NFL Draft 2021 - 5/2/2021 8:24:20 PM   
beo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Phil Riewer

quote:

ORIGINAL: beo

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: beo

quote:

The people who liked the Kellen Mond pick are on drugs. The guy has no arm and did next to nothing in college. He will also set us back a year or two in looking for a QB because as a third round pick they will give him a chance to play when the Cousins era is over. It's TJack 2.0. Yippee.

If they wanted a QB they should have gotten one in the first round. The top four QB's are all going to do well. That's why we should have targeted. How many QB's drafted after the early second round actually make it? Cousins? Brady? Wilson? If they are not good enough to be first round picks at an over-drafted position then they most likely will never amount to a hill of beans.

Shocking, you have a negative opinion... have you ever posted anything positive about anything the Vikings have ever done... in the history of history?

God forbid fans be positive in the most optimistic point in the year.

As far as "no arm"... watching his game film takes a couple of minutes to realize how wrong that is.

As far as done nothing...

"How many Texas A&M players were drafted other than Mond? Only one offensive player a guard in the 4th and two defensive players in the 4th. Despite having no major playmakers, Mond let them to a 8-1 record in the SEC"

3rd round QB is still a longshot... but the Russel Wilson/Dak Prescott qbs do happen.

Phil Simms & JT Sullivan who are 2 evaluators who have been pretty good at rating QB talent the last several years had him rated in the top 4.

It's like talking to a third grader. Mond is a wasted pick. The last time I was wrong on a Vikings QB was Culpepper's second year. Before that I believe I wanted Kramer to start over Wade Wilson in 1987. That's it. People here liked Ponder at one time (true story). Some wanted TJack to start his rookie year and stayed with him in Year 2 and Year 3 (true story). Some even hated Favre (true story). Some thought noodle arm Teddy was the answer (true story).

We have a backup QB in Mond. Period. At least he was part of the trade down so it's kind of like an Underwood bonus pick. But still...the optimism on this guy is unwarranted. Looking at past data there's a 92-96% chance this guy never does a damn thing in the NFL. But some purple goggle Bilbens look at it like, "So you're sayin there's a chance..."

Ah yes, next the insults...

You said: no arm.... I showed that as false
You said: done nothing... I showed that as false

You believe it's a wasted pick... very possible.
I think a 3rd round when you have 4 on a QB you think could develop is reasonable... it's certainly against the odds... I'm guessing Seattle and Dallas are glad they took a chance.

You are infallible(i know, i word for a 3rd grader) when it comes to predicting QB play... wanna go on record as to predicting Fields and Mac Jones future... you know, the only guys we had a shot at in the 1st round.

One thing I always worry about with Mills Fields and Davis. They played with a lot of talent. Lance and Monds didn’t. Hell Monds took Alabama and LSU (great defenses) with literally no talent at WR or TE. The Gophers have better TE and WR. A great QB does that.

I absolutely agree... I didn't know anything about Mond other than he had been getting some buzz leading up to the draft.

Doing a little research... he had to carry his teams... that's a big plus.
He played 4 years... that tends to be a big plus.
He'll get to sit for at least a year... that is a big plus.
He was only a 3rd round pick... that is a big plus.

The MOST impressive thing I found was Phil Simms review... he showed how because Mond played with lesser talent he had to get throws out quick and he had throw into really tight windows.
His comment was "Mond has been playing NFL level ball for the last two years... he didn't get to throw to wide open recievers like Lance and Fields."

Hope the lottery ticket pays off.... it's optimism season.
Post #: 2627
RE: NFL Draft 2021 - 5/2/2021 8:47:39 PM   
Arlowe84

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

That's contradictory to EVERYTHING I've read about him or seen on the tapes. Stupid.

You think a new regime is going to hitch their wagon to a 3rd round QB if he hasn't shown something? Stupid.

Forget Prescott? Stupid.

Yes, they will hitch their wagon to this guy for a year or two. Just like TJack.

I did forget Prescott.

Not a 100% success rate, of course, but if you want to commit to getting a QB in the draft THAT'S where you draft them. You don't wait for the third tier guys who almost never pan out. Just look on this team the past 25 years.

Chad May
Tarvaris Jackson
Tyler Thigpen
John David Booty
Nate Stanley

Christian Hackenberg
Jacoby Brissett
Cody Kessler
Connor Cook
Dak Prescott
Cardale Jones
Kevin Hogan

DeShone Kizer
Davis Webb
CJ Beathard
Joshua Dobbs
Nathan Peterman

Mason Rudolph
Kyle Lauletta
Mike White

Drew Lock
Will Grier
Ryan Finley
Jarrett Stidham
Easton Stick
Clayton Thorson

Jalen Hurts
Jacob Eason
James Morgan
Jake Fromm

Other than Prescott and maybe Hurts, the rest or HORRIBLE NFL QB's. Mond = WASTED PICK.

Should have just sent a 6th round pick to Carolina and gotten Teddy back to be the backup. They could have grabbed DE Ossai instead or Brady Christensen who they supposedly loved instead of getting a backup QB in the third round.

Give a 6th for Teddy AND have to restructure deals cuz we'd be over the cap? Stupid.

After I read the no arm comment, it is obvious he has no idea what he’s talking about
Mond has a rocket. Maybe the strongest arm of all the QBs. Accuracy has been an issue, but that’s why he was a day 2 pick
I love the pick. It’s just the type of guy you take a chance on
He may turn out to be nothing, but great pick
Yes, both Simms think he is a really talented guy who can be a star
He was the number 2 recruit coming out of HS
Talent is not an issue here.
Post #: 2628
RE: NFL Draft 2021 - 5/2/2021 8:56:08 PM   
Bill Jandro

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tom Sykes

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Jandro

quote:

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Brad H

quote:

I am not going to complain about Oline when we spent a 1st and a 3rd.

I like that they went after coverage/ST/Speed guys in the 4th- 6th rounds of the draft...that is a weakness.

The positives about the o-line is that if they all pan out, we have a very young offensive line with a lot of years ahead of them. The negatives are that we have little depth and very little experience. Who is the leader up front, O'Neill? Maybe Bradbury?

I'm hoping they all become great. I really am. I just wanted more out of the draft given we didn't address it in free agency and had one of the worst pass-blocking o-lines in the league a year ago. That's a lot of youth and a lot to expect right away.

Is Darrisaw instantly better than Reiff? I don't think so. He may end up being better in the long run, but the kid hasn't taken a snap yet nor seen his first big paycheck. At some point he'll see TJ Watt, Aaron Donald, Myles Garrett, Joey Bosa, Nick Bosa, JJ Watt and Khalil Mack this season. That's like a rookie pitcher facing the '27 Yankees. That will be where the rubber meets the road, and a ton to expect from a young kid.

Kirk Cousins better have his head on a swivel, and Kellen Mond better be ready to go if not.

I like the two oline prospects we drafted but at least one more G would have been a lot better. Esp considering we didn't bring in any kind vet presence. I thought a Klien type that could start at LG on a one year deal would have been a solid move for the overall development of the young guys.

This still could happen. No one knows what Cole or Hinton do yet either. I like our online depth. I like our def depth and speed we drafted.

Like any team the are going to have to do their best regarding depth with their taxi squad. There will be injuries. Look at KC. They had a ton of injuries on their oline last year. Prob the one thing that cost them a super bowl

I see KC picked Creed Humphries with their 2nd rder (their 1st selection).

Their org was not going to let their oline drag them down a 2nd time.

The Vikes are high on Hinton and as bad Dozier is he would be a good backup on most teams. We now have two first rounders two second rounders and a third invested in our oline. Straw man argument at Rick ignoring oline. All on coaches at this point. Zimmer mentioned he wanted two bigger lineman and two were drafted.

Look back on the good Vikings lines. They had studs but they also stayed healthy and didn’t test depth too much. Best thing u can do for depth is get rid of injury riddled lineman.

The Vikings being high on Hinton sounds like Samia the year before. We are high on every player on the roster or they wouldn't be on the roster. That doesn't mean a lot until you see them in games.

I don't think Dozier is a good back-up ... if he can't play his 'starter experience' doesn't mean a lot. Hill is a decent back-up ... didn't play well in extended time (or on the right side) ... but he has looked solid in spot duty on the left. There is vast chasm between Hill and Dozier as back-ups.

Straw man argument at Rick ignoring the line is true but the performance of the line has made that commentary forgivable. Adding draftees like adding starter experience only adds if the player can play or develop into a player. Speilman had been giving 'draft attention' to the OL four years before this offseason and the line sucked. Hopefully, Darrisaw and Davis will push the gauge from below avg to avg or above (or even above avg, you never know), we'll have to wait and see.

According to one report I read (sorry no link) Rick has invested more draft stock than any GM (prior to this draft I think). But this means absolutely nothing. Results are king.

Oline...early and often this draft
Post #: 2629
RE: NFL Draft 2021 - 5/2/2021 9:07:37 PM   
Zoilo

Good draft for the Vikings. I would grade it at A-.
Round1 - got Christian Darrisaw to fill a big need at Left Tackle. He was probably the 3rd best T in the draft. Not bad for the 23rd pick. The top two tackles went at picks 7 and 13, so the Vikings moved back 9 spots from 14 to 23 and got two additional round 3 picks - that worked out well.
I was a little surprised by the selection of QB Kellen Mond with the first of those round 3 picks, but the more I find out about him, the more I like it. He seems like a sharp guy and a good athlete..
They added some needed depth at OL, DE, and LB spots and they added a couple of promising special team guys in KR Kene Nwangwu and PR Ihmir Smith-Marsette.
Now if they can find a Kicker who they can count on, is should be a good year.
And trading down from 14 to 23, they got Mond and a potential starter at G in Wyatt Davis of Ohio State.
Looking forward to football season.

Z
Post #: 2630
RE: NFL Draft 2021 - 5/2/2021 9:25:05 PM   
Phil Riewer

I think Mond looks a lot like Kapernick talent wise. I’ll stick by that. Also Played at IMG. Big Time

< Message edited by Phil Riewer -- 5/2/2021 9:29:50 PM >

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 2631
RE: NFL Draft 2021 - 5/2/2021 9:41:06 PM   
Pager

quote:

ORIGINAL: Arlowe84

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Forget Prescott? Stupid.

I did forget Prescott.

Chad May
Tarvaris Jackson
Tyler Thigpen
John David Booty
Nate Stanley

Christian Hackenberg
Jacoby Brissett
Cody Kessler
Connor Cook
Dak Prescott
Cardale Jones
Kevin Hogan

DeShone Kizer
Davis Webb
CJ Beathard
Joshua Dobbs
Nathan Peterman

Mason Rudolph
Kyle Lauletta
Mike White

Drew Lock
Will Grier
Ryan Finley
Jarrett Stidham
Easton Stick
Clayton Thorson

Jalen Hurts
Jacob Eason
James Morgan
Jake Fromm

After I read the no arm comment, it is obvious he has no idea what he’s talking about
Mond has a rocket. Maybe the strongest arm of all the QBs. Accuracy has been an issue, but that’s why he was a day 2 pick
I love the pick. It’s just the type of guy you take a chance on
He may turn out to be nothing, but great pick
Yes, both Simms think he is a really talented guy who can be a star
He was the number 2 recruit coming out of HS
Talent is not an issue here.

Exactly. Decision making, footwork, accuracy are the things he has work on. Physical tools are there.

He's likely to turn out to be nothing, but great pick and as you said just the type of guy you take a chance on.

It's the ole why spend $2 on a powerball ticket, your odds are 200M to 1. Your money is better spent on .667 gallons of gas.

Can't win if you don't play.

Post #: 2632
RE: NFL Draft 2021 - 5/2/2021 9:45:56 PM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

I think Mond looks a lot like Kapernick talent wise. I’ll stick by that. Also Played at IMG. Big Time

That is a good comparison.

I was thinking Cunningham but Mond has a quicker release but not as athletic as RC.
Post #: 2633
RE: NFL Draft 2021 - 5/2/2021 10:00:15 PM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mark Anderson

quote:

I'm not going to argue with you Phil

If you are satisfied with Udoh, Hinton, Dozier, Cole as 4 of your possible 5 backups there's nothing more to say.

I think we keep 9 Olinemen with LS as the 10th.

LT Darrisaw
LG Cleveland
C Bradbury
RG Davis
RT O'Neill

Subs

Udoh
Cole
Hill
Hinton or FA

Edit. Davis is a RG.
Post #: 2634
RE: NFL Draft 2021 - 5/2/2021 10:08:45 PM   
Pager

quote:

quote:

quote:

I'm not going to argue with you Phil

If you are satisfied with Udoh, Hinton, Dozier, Cole as 4 of your possible 5 backups there's nothing more to say.

I think we keep 9 Olinemen with LS as the 10th.

LT Darrisaw
LG Cleveland
C Bradbury
RG Davis
RT O'Neill

Subs

Udoh
Cole
Hill
Hinton or FA

Edit. Davis is a RG.

I cut Cole or Hinton, keep Hinton if it's close because he costs less and I'm less impressed with Cole (2 years of significant snaps and didn't do much, don't think our coaching can turn that around). Hinton is very athletic and might develop. I sign Brett Jones for vet minimum, guy can play all 3 IOL position and play them at replacement level. Our starting 5 would be superior to last year and our backups the same or potentially better than last year.

Post #: 2635
RE: NFL Draft 2021 - 5/2/2021 10:58:36 PM   
Phil Riewer

They made a philosophy change this off-season. I doubt they resign Jones. Smallish and they decided (finally) to go bigger. Been nice to grab Hernandez a couple of years ago when they were onto smaller athletic guys.

Post #: 2636
RE: NFL Draft 2021 - 5/2/2021 11:45:02 PM   
thebigo

What everyone seems to be dancing around, is the Vikings run a wide-zone blocking scheme, which prioritizes athleticism over bulk and power. Darrisaw may fit into that well enough, but Davis rep is more of a phone booth guy. Will there be tweaking of the scheme to fit Davis? How does that affect our incumbents? Or is Davis a better fit than advertised?
Post #: 2637
RE: NFL Draft 2021 - 5/3/2021 1:05:30 AM   
Daniel Lee Young

I don’t think we will have any problem in the running game.

IMO Davis will plug the sieve in the middle on passing downs.

Bradbury has to be happy to have one swinging door nailed shut with a plug.

Under Zimmer the running game has rarely suffered.

The inside pocket collapse has been a much bigger issue.

I think Davis is the first step in fixing that.

Darrisaw on the left side will be potentially better protection, as well

"Thou shall not bear false witness”
I am WRATH, incarnate.
@RlyeeNicole’sDad
Post #: 2638
RE: NFL Draft 2021 - 5/3/2021 6:57:43 AM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Johanesen

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

I like that they went after coverage/ST/Speed guys in the 4th- 6th rounds of the draft...that is a weakness.

The positives about the o-line is that if they all pan out, we have a very young offensive line with a lot of years ahead of them. The negatives are that we have little depth and very little experience. Who is the leader up front, O'Neill? Maybe Bradbury?

I'm hoping they all become great. I really am. I just wanted more out of the draft given we didn't address it in free agency and had one of the worst pass-blocking o-lines in the league a year ago. That's a lot of youth and a lot to expect right away.

Is Darrisaw instantly better than Reiff? I don't think so. He may end up being better in the long run, but the kid hasn't taken a snap yet nor seen his first big paycheck. At some point he'll see TJ Watt, Aaron Donald, Myles Garrett, Joey Bosa, Nick Bosa, JJ Watt and Khalil Mack this season. That's like a rookie pitcher facing the '27 Yankees. That will be where the rubber meets the road, and a ton to expect from a young kid.

Kirk Cousins better have his head on a swivel, and Kellen Mond better be ready to go if not.

I like the two oline prospects we drafted but at least one more G would have been a lot better. Esp considering we didn't bring in any kind vet presence. I thought a Klien type that could start at LG on a one year deal would have been a solid move for the overall development of the young guys.

This still could happen. No one knows what Cole or Hinton do yet either. I like our online depth. I like our def depth and speed we drafted.

Like any team the are going to have to do their best regarding depth with their taxi squad. There will be injuries. Look at KC. They had a ton of injuries on their oline last year. Prob the one thing that cost them a super bowl

IMO you are right, we still may address OL with a castoff or two but I disagree with our depth as is, especially on the interior. We could easily have used another 4th or 5th rd pick on the inside.

Darrisaw, O'Neill, Hill and Cleveland (if we were smart enough to admit our mistake in drafting a 2nd rd back-up) gives us depth and talent (on paper) at both OT spots. That's more depth than ... I can ever remember. (And no, Udoh doesn't matter)

However, playing Cleveland out of position at G hurts his development and also our OT depth. It may help us at G if he improves this year but it is a very ineffective use of resources. Any HC or OC or OL coach that says we are adapting our 'system' to the strengths of our players should be shot. He is a square peg in a round hole.

Cole who is really just our back-up C, Dozier, Davis is a razor thin G corps. Razor thin. It wouldn't surprise me if Dozier (along with Cleveland) started over both Cole and Davis given our past MO. Then we just have to wait for Dozier to go down before obvious upgrade Davis comes in and starts mashing DL.

You are forgetting about Hinton but every team has 8-9 lineman. I like our 8-9. Nobody keeps 10. Stash a couple on taxi squad that no one will snipe and call it good with maybe another FA signing but not much money left

Why do you even suggest 8 lineman? Who does that? My guess is you will repeat it to try to defend your stance on depth, i.e. the fewer OL we carry, the easier it is to say we have better depth.

I believe teams carry 10 OL FAR FAR more than 8 OL.

"Nobody keeps 10." Really?

Does the long snapper count or not? Again there is thr next round of cuts in June. Samia and Dozier are on outside looking in. Are u going with 10-11 oline make the team excluding LS to fit ur narrative?

Come back after a Laker win grumpy ass. Tom and I were fine discussing it w/o u.

Fit my narrative? Geez, you even copy what I say. Why would anyone expect you to get the basics of the OL correct when you are wrong on everything else.
Post #: 2639
RE: NFL Draft 2021 - 5/3/2021 7:10:28 AM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

IMO you are right, we still may address OL with a castoff or two but I disagree with our depth as is, especially on the interior. We could easily have used another 4th or 5th rd pick on the inside.

Darrisaw, O'Neill, Hill and Cleveland (if we were smart enough to admit our mistake in drafting a 2nd rd back-up) gives us depth and talent (on paper) at both OT spots. That's more depth than ... I can ever remember. (And no, Udoh doesn't matter)

However, playing Cleveland out of position at G hurts his development and also our OT depth. It may help us at G if he improves this year but it is a very ineffective use of resources. Any HC or OC or OL coach that says we are adapting our 'system' to the strengths of our players should be shot. He is a square peg in a round hole.

Cole who is really just our back-up C, Dozier, Davis is a razor thin G corps. Razor thin. It wouldn't surprise me if Dozier (along with Cleveland) started over both Cole and Davis given our past MO. Then we just have to wait for Dozier to go down before obvious upgrade Davis comes in and starts mashing DL.

You are forgetting about Hinton but every team has 8-9 lineman. I like our 8-9. Nobody keeps 10. Stash a couple on taxi squad that no one will snipe and call it good with maybe another FA signing but not much money left

Why do you even suggest 8 lineman? Who does that? My guess is you will repeat it to try to defend your stance on depth, i.e. the fewer OL we carry, the easier it is to say we have better depth.

Does the long snapper count or not? Again there is thr next round of cuts in June. Samia and Dozier are on outside looking in. Are u going with 10-11 oline make the team excluding LS to fit ur narrative?

Come back after a Laker win grumpy ass. Tom and I were fine discussing it w/o u.

Fit my narrative? Geez, you even copy what I say. Why would anyone expect you to get the basics of the OL correct when you are wrong on everything else.

Only when the Lakers lose have you had a snarly comment...please don't post until they win again. 2020 Vikings carried 9 lineman (w/o LS), 2019 there were 7 steady guys with a game or 2 from the others (Jones, Collins, Udoh)....so 8-9 is pretty accurate.

< Message edited by Phil Riewer -- 5/3/2021 7:20:00 AM >

Post #: 2640
RE: NFL Draft 2021 - 5/3/2021 7:13:36 AM   
Phil Riewer

Wyatt Davis:

2020 STATISTICS

—11 starts

—Big Ten Offensive Lineman of the Year

—Unanimous All-American

—Team captain

NOTES

—2019 first-team All-American.

—25 career starts.

—Training for the draft with Duke Manyweather at Michael Johnson Performance in Mckinney, Texas.

—Former 5-star guard prospect out of California.

—Father is actor Duane Davis (The Program), and his grandfather is former Packers Hall of Fame defensive lineman Willie Davis.

Post #: 2641
RE: NFL Draft 2021 - 5/3/2021 7:16:03 AM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

ORIGINAL: thebigo

What everyone seems to be dancing around, is the Vikings run a wide-zone blocking scheme, which prioritizes athleticism over bulk and power. Darrisaw may fit into that well enough, but Davis rep is more of a phone booth guy. Will there be tweaking of the scheme to fit Davis? How does that affect our incumbents? Or is Davis a better fit than advertised?

Yes it is being danced around. Deliberately. But I've read accounts of Davis that are totally opposite, from he being the phone booth guy to the fairly nimble outside zone guy.

I suspect the former, and we begin the short era of the no-strategy, psuedo-zone scheme,
Post #: 2642
RE: NFL Draft 2021 - 5/3/2021 7:16:50 AM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Only when the Lakers lose have you had a snarly comment...please don't post until they win again.

You are nutso.
Post #: 2643
RE: NFL Draft 2021 - 5/3/2021 7:21:35 AM   
Bill Johanesen

The guards are funny... Davis the fire hydrant and Cleveland the guy on stilts.
Post #: 2644
RE: NFL Draft 2021 - 5/3/2021 7:22:24 AM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Only when the Lakers lose have you had a snarly comment...please don't post until they win again.

You are nutso.

Re Read your last 6-10 posts there kettle. Hell you got into a battle with Sweens over Ezra Cleveland. Take a nice look in the mirror, go re check the Lakers box score, take a nap, come back, and be civil.

I am not the one who said the Vikes carry 10 lineman...they haven't the last 2 years. You are wrong, you are snarky, go back to bed.

< Message edited by Phil Riewer -- 5/3/2021 7:24:01 AM >

Post #: 2645
RE: NFL Draft 2021 - 5/3/2021 7:26:16 AM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

You are nutso.

Re Read your last 6-10 posts there kettle. Hell you got into a battle with Sweens over Ezra Cleveland. Take a nice look in the mirror, go re check the Lakers box score, take a nap, come back, and be civil.

I'm good with my defending champion Lakers, and if they only get the one ring that's ok. What's your excuse? Being an imbecile? A shitty life? I suspect the former led to the latter.
Post #: 2646
RE: NFL Draft 2021 - 5/3/2021 7:26:30 AM   
Phil Riewer

Jaylen Twyman; WOW---John Randle.

https://twitter.com/CamMellor/status/1388588767238410241?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1388593673496002560%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es3_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.dailynorseman.com%2F2021%2F5%2F2%2F22415166%2Fbreaking-down-the-vikings-2021-draft

< Message edited by Phil Riewer -- 5/3/2021 7:35:30 AM >

Post #: 2647
RE: NFL Draft 2021 - 5/3/2021 7:28:28 AM   
Bill Johanesen

Phil with his 8 OL per team league Guess he's posting about arena football!
Post #: 2648
RE: NFL Draft 2021 - 5/3/2021 7:32:21 AM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

Yep...8-9 equals 8. Take a look how many active lineman they use each game and get back to me. Bill will say he included the LS, IR, and Taxi Squad to get to his 10-11---just watch.

< Message edited by Phil Riewer -- 5/3/2021 7:33:49 AM >

Post #: 2649
RE: NFL Draft 2021 - 5/3/2021 7:38:54 AM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

Vikings 2020 Roster:
https://www.nfl.com/teams/minnesota-vikings/roster

here is another link for 2020:
https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/min/2020_roster.htm

Vikings 2019 Roster:
https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/min/2019_roster.htm

Vikings 2018 Roster:
https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/min/2018_roster.htm

Again look at games...normally the Vikes have 8 active lineman per game which is clear by the games next to each lineman. This isn't just the Vikings that do this either. So is a roster construction of 10-11 lineman (excluding LS) make sense when you are sitting 3 lineman each game?

Also the Vikings were relatively healthy:
Reiff 15 games
Dozier 16 games
Bradbury 16
Cleveland 13
O'Neil 16
Elf 1
Hill 16
Jones 15
Samia 13

< Message edited by Phil Riewer -- 5/3/2021 8:16:54 AM >

Post #: 2650
Page:   <<   < prev  104 105 [106] 107 108   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: NFL Draft 2021 Page: <<   < prev  104 105 [106] 107 108   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode