Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: NFL Draft 2021

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: NFL Draft 2021 Page: <<   < prev  107 108 [109] 110 111   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: NFL Draft 2021 - 5/3/2021 4:02:34 PM   
kevinemmer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mark Anderson

quote:

ORIGINAL: kgdabom

I found some great Mond Highlights.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edfoLyy5xj8

It's very fun to watch him run. I said it before and Bigo chimed in with his usual snark, but even in his highlights Mond usually throws with his arm rather than getting his body/legs into it. I'm by no means saying he won't be good, but he should fix that. To me it's obvious. Am I wrong? Watch the clip.

I watched all his plays against Alabama last year. He was under pressure 90% of the time. Throwing off back foot alot.

Easily fixable if we fix the line. Talent is definitely there.

Does he have the intangibles to become a good Pro QB? Time will tell.

I sent my son the Chris Simms blurb on Monds, and this was his response (enlightening I thought).
He watches much more college ball than I do.

R Emmer33

to me
I really hope he's right-- and over the last few years, he's been pretty dead on. Maybe I'm watching his tape through purple tinted lenses now, but I see what he means. The fact that he actually took snaps under center is HUGE. I love how he ran his own pro-day, shows leadership and initiative (military background? I think they said his dad was military) His interviews are all impressive. He seems well spoken and like a guy that teammates will gravitate towards (did you see his draft party?? it was massive)

I still think he's a little stiff, he needs to relax his upper body (carries the ball much like early Aaron Rodgers did), and in his last year, I think he was overcorrecting and trying to be more of a pocket passer to a fault (keeping his eyes downfield a little TOO long instead of taking an open running lane) but the issues people keep pointing out, all seem like things that can be addressed. Unfortunately, I don't trust the current coaching staff to do that. He has all the things you can't coach, and I'm stoked he's a Viking
Post #: 2701
RE: NFL Draft 2021 - 5/3/2021 4:03:57 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

ORIGINAL: Phil Riewer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Johanesen

quote:

Yep 8-9; was your guess 10 or 11? You probably said 10 so I will be like you and say you said 12...LOL

Who did the Lakers lose to last night? Who did they lose to Friday Night? You have been Surly Bill since. You might want to quit watching them bums for a few games.

Old Bill can't get along with anyone. Can't think of anything to post so he fights with Sweens, KG, and anyone else he can find something he doesn't like.

Just Block Old Surly Bill when the Lakers lose.

Oh, namecalling. Pot meet Kettle. Your first post to me. Your new self-proclaimed M.O. of 'going on the attack' kinds flies in the face of resorting to namecalling when wrong.

Poor Phil can't keep his posting plans straight. 8-Ball Phil

Waiting for you to post something on your own. Just a nice discussion between Tom and I. Then good old Snarky Bill shows up. Do you have anything to add but your misperceived number? Thought not. Plenty of draft links/picks/UDFAs to discuss and all you have is the wrong number of olineman.

Kinda juvenile of you to go with that tactic when you have been flat busted, then again you have the mind of an 11 year old. Weasel.
Post #: 2702
RE: NFL Draft 2021 - 5/3/2021 4:17:57 PM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Yep 8-9; was your guess 10 or 11? You probably said 10 so I will be like you and say you said 12...LOL

Who did the Lakers lose to last night? Who did they lose to Friday Night? You have been Surly Bill since. You might want to quit watching them bums for a few games.

Old Bill can't get along with anyone. Can't think of anything to post so he fights with Sweens, KG, and anyone else he can find something he doesn't like.

Oh, namecalling. Pot meet Kettle. Your first post to me. Your new self-proclaimed M.O. of 'going on the attack' kinds flies in the face of resorting to namecalling when wrong.

Waiting for you to post something on your own. Just a nice discussion between Tom and I. Then good old Snarky Bill shows up. Do you have anything to add but your misperceived number? Thought not. Plenty of draft links/picks/UDFAs to discuss and all you have is the wrong number of olineman.

Kinda juvenile of you to go with that tactic when you have been flat busted, then again you have the mind of an 11 year old. Weasel.

No new tactics...you hijacked Tom and my discussion...look back the last 3 pages of posts. Name call and no new material....typical Bill. Always trying to drag people into the mud with you. The discussion didn't even involve you....talking about weasels?

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 2703
RE: NFL Draft 2021 - 5/3/2021 4:22:23 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

No new tactics...you hijacked Tom and my discussion...look back the last 3 pages of posts. Name call and no new material....typical Bill. Always trying to drag people into the mud with you. The discussion didn't even involve you....talking about weasels?

Ah poor Phil can't handle the truth. I figured Tom had you over a barrel w/o even reading the posts. Sure enough.

Even KG, who does have moments of brilliance, said you are basically wrong.

Mud? Don't sell yourself short, you are quite the swamp rat yourself!

Hey, I'm over on the Politics thread. Whaddya say we let the issue on this thread rest?

< Message edited by Bill Johanesen -- 5/3/2021 4:24:16 PM >
Post #: 2704
RE: NFL Draft 2021 - 5/3/2021 4:25:27 PM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Ah poor Phil can't handle the truth. I figured Tom had you over a barrel w/o even reading the posts. Sure enough.

Hey, I'm over on the Politics thread. Whaddya say we let the issue on this thread rest?

Yep. Problem resolved. Bill Wrong.

Post #: 2705
RE: NFL Draft 2021 - 5/3/2021 4:31:02 PM   
Phil Riewer

SD

< Message edited by Phil Riewer -- 5/3/2021 4:34:51 PM >

Post #: 2706
RE: NFL Draft 2021 - 5/3/2021 4:31:36 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Phil, saying as much doesn't make it so, and never has, but enjoy having that last word. Glad you find comfort in it.
Post #: 2707
RE: NFL Draft 2021 - 5/3/2021 4:33:35 PM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Phil, saying as much doesn't make it so, and never has, but enjoy having that last word. Glad you find comfort in it.

Yep.

Post #: 2708
RE: NFL Draft 2021 - 5/3/2021 4:35:02 PM   
Phil Riewer

So what does everyone think of the speed guys:

I actually like the Surratt LB, Kene Nwangwu RB, Ihmir Smith-Marsette WR, and even Davidson TE picks maybe not exactly where they were drafted.....all speed guys that might help our horrid ST.

Our worst unit arguably (Mark thinks Kicker right now), many Oline, but it actually may be ST coverage and returns.

< Message edited by Phil Riewer -- 5/3/2021 4:36:45 PM >

Post #: 2709
RE: NFL Draft 2021 - 5/3/2021 4:42:43 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

I actually like the Surratt LB, Kene Nwangwu RB, Ihmir Smith-Marsette WR, and even Davidson TE picks maybe not exactly where they were drafted.....all speed guys that might help our horrid ST.

Our worst unit arguably (Mark thinks Kicker right now), many Oline, but it actually may be ST coverage and returns.

I just came to post about the speediest of all Kene. He has Robert Smith/Randy Moss speed. Maybe not quite that fast but if not he's close.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aD0v9oZK3D8

< Message edited by kgdabom -- 5/3/2021 4:45:18 PM >

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 2710
RE: NFL Draft 2021 - 5/3/2021 4:52:57 PM   
thebigo

quote:

I think last year we had several guys promoted to regular defensive play that hurt our special teams coverage units
Post #: 2711
RE: NFL Draft 2021 - 5/3/2021 4:54:57 PM   
kgdabom

Ihmir Smith-Marsette highlights show that he's real good at making contested catches. On the other hand they show he often does not get separation. He didn't stand out in the highlights to me. Sort of a lunch pail type. Another Bisi Johnson, but he was way more productive. I give him a good chance to make the team.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L30As8-krd0

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 2712
RE: NFL Draft 2021 - 5/3/2021 5:22:06 PM   
thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tom Sykes

TE Artayvious Lynn, TCU 6'5 254 ... former basketball player with extremely long arms = big catch radius; hands are nice and sticky; plays with quick pluck-and-tuck; decent wiggle; decent blocking on the move.

He could be our next mattress.
Post #: 2713
RE: NFL Draft 2021 - 5/3/2021 5:24:40 PM   
thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: kevinemmer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mark Anderson

quote:

I found some great Mond Highlights.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edfoLyy5xj8

It's very fun to watch him run. I said it before and Bigo chimed in with his usual snark, but even in his highlights Mond usually throws with his arm rather than getting his body/legs into it. I'm by no means saying he won't be good, but he should fix that. To me it's obvious. Am I wrong? Watch the clip.

I watched all his plays against Alabama last year. He was under pressure 90% of the time. Throwing off back foot alot.

Easily fixable if we fix the line. Talent is definitely there.

Does he have the intangibles to become a good Pro QB? Time will tell.

I sent my son the Chris Simms blurb on Monds, and this was his response (enlightening I thought).
He watches much more college ball than I do.

R Emmer33

to me
I really hope he's right-- and over the last few years, he's been pretty dead on. Maybe I'm watching his tape through purple tinted lenses now, but I see what he means. The fact that he actually took snaps under center is HUGE. I love how he ran his own pro-day, shows leadership and initiative (military background? I think they said his dad was military) His interviews are all impressive. He seems well spoken and like a guy that teammates will gravitate towards (did you see his draft party?? it was massive)

I still think he's a little stiff, he needs to relax his upper body (carries the ball much like early Aaron Rodgers did), and in his last year, I think he was overcorrecting and trying to be more of a pocket passer to a fault (keeping his eyes downfield a little TOO long instead of taking an open running lane) but the issues people keep pointing out, all seem like things that can be addressed. Unfortunately, I don't trust the current coaching staff to do that. He has all the things you can't coach, and I'm stoked he's a Viking

So now Mond is the next Erin Rodgers?
Post #: 2714
RE: NFL Draft 2021 - 5/3/2021 6:12:53 PM   
Todd M

quote:

quote:

I just came to post about the speediest of all Kene. He has Robert Smith/Randy Moss speed. Maybe not quite that fast but if not he's close.

A diffinitive step down from the 2.
Post #: 2715
RE: NFL Draft 2021 - 5/3/2021 6:14:19 PM   
Todd M

quote:

Ihmir Smith-Marsette highlights show that he's real good at making contested catches. On the other hand they show he often does not get separation. He didn't stand out in the highlights to me. Sort of a lunch pail type. Another Bisi Johnson, but he was way more productive. I give him a good chance to make the team.

A chance. Lol. He'll be our 3.

He's a lunch pail guy vs your 7th round wash out that you though would be a star.

Opposite man.
Post #: 2716
RE: NFL Draft 2021 - 5/3/2021 6:27:05 PM   
Daniel Lee Young

The problem with Marsette, is that KC can’t make those throws...

"Thou shall not bear false witness”
I am WRATH, incarnate.
@RlyeeNicole’sDad
Post #: 2717
RE: NFL Draft 2021 - 5/3/2021 7:09:17 PM   
Todd M

I'd like to know more about our 7th round DT Twyman. Is he 90% work out warrior 10% study guy? Is there more to him than muscle?
Post #: 2718
RE: NFL Draft 2021 - 5/3/2021 7:10:49 PM   
Todd M

After sitting on it...this draft is a home run on every level.
Post #: 2719
RE: NFL Draft 2021 - 5/3/2021 7:20:24 PM   
Dana Turner

quote:

I believe he will be more than just a special teamer type guy. I have a good friend that attended Iowa and he's a huge Hawkeye fan, so as a Gopher fan, we have some good fun during the season. He told me that S-M was a solid receiver and great return guy, someone who will make the tough catches. I see him as the No. 2 wide out in a three receiver set, AT in the slot. He is an upgrade to the WR group, something that just sort of happened in this draft.

It was a strange draft for me, because it just seemed to take so long for things to happen and the coverage was pretty bad. Those guys have to fill time during the decision process the teams are making, but my goodness, they just spewed a bunch of crap most of the time.

I liked the two offensive line guys we got and saw them both on many mock drafts for the Vikings. I am particularly stoked about Davis, but that's because I couldn't believe we got him at 89, just super value (and yes...lucky). Both he and Big D will be solid additions to the offensive line (no matter how many we carry 9 10, 22, Sheesh)

I get the hype surrounding the Davidson pick, I can't wait to see if he can carve himself out a spot on the team. Like every year, we can see guys that have potential coming to camps and going against grown men and like every year, some will surprise and some will disappoint. The great thing is new hope that is created by the draft and the promise of a new season getting ready to get underway! skol Vikings fans!
Post #: 2720
RE: NFL Draft 2021 - 5/3/2021 7:59:58 PM   
thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Todd M

quote:

A chance. Lol. He'll be our 3.

He's a lunch pail guy vs your 7th round wash out that you though would be a star.

Opposite man.

Like somebody said, the next Anquon Boldin. Hopefully not the other 'Quon.
Post #: 2721
RE: NFL Draft 2021 - 5/3/2021 8:13:09 PM  5 votes
joejitsu

I know that Patterson can make players out of the new dline guys, but I don't have the same confidence in Dennison doing the same with the new olinemen.
Post #: 2722
RE: NFL Draft 2021 - 5/3/2021 10:48:43 PM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

quote:

quote:

You make it sound like I gave you a nice pat on the butt with a 'go get 'em tiger' as you ran out onto the field to argue with Bill.

Not so.

I am far less comfortable with our OL depth than you are.

It doesn't sound to me like Bill is ready to crown the OL as good to go either.

We need to find a way to add more competition to the mix.

< Message edited by Tom Sykes -- 5/4/2021 12:50:29 AM >
Post #: 2723
RE: NFL Draft 2021 - 5/3/2021 10:55:23 PM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

ORIGINAL: joejitsu

I know that Patterson can make players out of the new dline guys, but I don't have the same confidence in Dennison doing the same with the new olinemen.

This is a true statement.

We've done a lot of good work over the last few years s-l-o-w-l-y building up the starters on the OL but its no lock to succeed right away.

Keep pouring resources into it Rick, we are getting real close.
Post #: 2724
RE: NFL Draft 2021 - 5/4/2021 1:03:44 AM   
kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: Todd M

quote:

quote:

A diffinitive step down from the 2.

This guy is ridiculous fast.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 2725
Page:   <<   < prev  107 108 [109] 110 111   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: NFL Draft 2021 Page: <<   < prev  107 108 [109] 110 111   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode