Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: NFL Draft 2021

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: NFL Draft 2021 Page: <<   < prev  106 107 [108] 109 110   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: NFL Draft 2021 - 5/3/2021 11:29:50 AM   
kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: Phil Riewer

quote:

ORIGINAL: ronhextall

quote:

ORIGINAL: marty

I also wanted Davis Mills.

Mond looks good on clips, but I have seen very little of him, hopefully he can throw a deep pass. That was the thing I didn't see much of in Bridgewater's college film.

Let's hope the Vikes did their homework on this one, and or, got lucky.

Heard an 'expert' on national talk radio talk a little about Mond, he was very interested in how he performs, said he was inconsistent but blames some of that on Jimbo Fisher, he said his offense is very complex and taxing on the QB. Said Mond should adjust well to NFL since Jimbo was his college coach.

Vikings could have taken Mills so obviously they think more highly of Mond but the Vikings also declared Ponder "the most NFL ready QB in the draft".

Also Mills has only played 11 college games due to injuries but was the top QB in that HS class. Mond is right there though.

I think I heard Mond was the #2 rated QB of the class.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 2676
RE: NFL Draft 2021 - 5/3/2021 11:37:20 AM   
Jeff Allen

quote:

ORIGINAL: Pager

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jeff Allen

quote:

quote:

The people who liked the Kellen Mond pick are on drugs. The guy has no arm and did next to nothing in college. He will also set us back a year or two in looking for a QB because as a third round pick they will give him a chance to play when the Cousins era is over. It's TJack 2.0. Yippee.

If they wanted a QB they should have gotten one in the first round. The top four QB's are all going to do well. That's why we should have targeted. How many QB's drafted after the early second round actually make it? Cousins? Brady? Wilson? If they are not good enough to be first round picks at an over-drafted position then they most likely will never amount to a hill of beans.

I'd say half the people here actually like or LOVE the Mond pick. Stupid.

That's contradictory to EVERYTHING I've read about him or seen on the tapes. Stupid.

You think a new regime is going to hitch their wagon to a 3rd round QB if he hasn't shown something? Stupid.

Forget Prescott? Stupid.

You think there will be 100% success rate of the first 4 QBs? Stupid.

Yes, they will hitch their wagon to this guy for a year or two. Just like TJack.

I did forget Prescott.

Not a 100% success rate, of course, but if you want to commit to getting a QB in the draft THAT'S where you draft them. You don't wait for the third tier guys who almost never pan out. Just look on this team the past 25 years.

Chad May
Tarvaris Jackson
Tyler Thigpen
John David Booty
Nate Stanley

Here are QB's taken in rounds 2-5 from 2016 going forward:

Christian Hackenberg
Jacoby Brissett
Cody Kessler
Connor Cook
Dak Prescott
Cardale Jones
Kevin Hogan

DeShone Kizer
Davis Webb
CJ Beathard
Joshua Dobbs
Nathan Peterman

Mason Rudolph
Kyle Lauletta
Mike White

Drew Lock
Will Grier
Ryan Finley
Jarrett Stidham
Easton Stick
Clayton Thorson

Jalen Hurts
Jacob Eason
James Morgan
Jake Fromm

Other than Prescott and maybe Hurts, the rest or HORRIBLE NFL QB's. Mond = WASTED PICK.

Should have just sent a 6th round pick to Carolina and gotten Teddy back to be the backup. They could have grabbed DE Ossai instead or Brady Christensen who they supposedly loved instead of getting a backup QB in the third round.

Coming back for a second try

Give a 6th for Teddy AND have to restructure deals cuz we'd be over the cap? Stupid.

Any other brilliant ideas?

Carolina is covering $7 million of the $10 million...that's $2 million more than Sean Mannion. You're not too bright, are you?
Post #: 2677
RE: NFL Draft 2021 - 5/3/2021 11:41:20 AM   
kgdabom

I found some great Mond Highlights.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edfoLyy5xj8

It's very fun to watch him run. I said it before and Bigo chimed in with his usual snark, but even in his highlights Mond usually throws with his arm rather than getting his body/legs into it. I'm by no means saying he won't be good, but he should fix that. To me it's obvious. Am I wrong? Watch the clip.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 2678
RE: NFL Draft 2021 - 5/3/2021 11:50:34 AM   
beo

quote:

ORIGINAL: ronhextall

quote:

ORIGINAL: marty

I also wanted Davis Mills.

Mond looks good on clips, but I have seen very little of him, hopefully he can throw a deep pass. That was the thing I didn't see much of in Bridgewater's college film.

Let's hope the Vikes did their homework on this one, and or, got lucky.

Heard an 'expert' on national talk radio talk a little about Mond, he was very interested in how he performs, said he was inconsistent but blames some of that on Jimbo Fisher, he said his offense is very complex and taxing on the QB. Said Mond should adjust well to NFL since Jimbo was his college coach.

Vikings could have taken Mills so obviously they think more highly of Mond but the Vikings also declared Ponder "the most NFL ready QB in the draft".

Well that just sucked all the air out of the room...
Post #: 2679
RE: NFL Draft 2021 - 5/3/2021 11:51:26 AM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

ORIGINAL: kgdabom

It's very fun to watch him run. I said it before and Bigo chimed in with his usual snark, but even in his highlights Mond usually throws with his arm rather than getting his body/legs into it. I'm by no means saying he won't be good, but he should fix that. To me it's obvious. Am I wrong? Watch the clip.

I watched all his plays against Alabama last year. He was under pressure 90% of the time. Throwing off back foot alot.

Easily fixable if we fix the line. Talent is definitely there.

Does he have the intangibles to become a good Pro QB? Time will tell.
Post #: 2680
RE: NFL Draft 2021 - 5/3/2021 12:04:50 PM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Johanesen

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tom Sykes

I admit to a feeble understanding ...

but most teams aim for 10 OL on their 53 man roster. That number changes due to a lot of factors ... including versatility, injury history of starters, strength or injury history at other positions, etc.

On the 46 that dress for games, not all teams carry their full OL roster load. Hill can play RT (in theory) and LT so if you need to dress an extra LB because Barr is dinged, Hill allows you to drop a backup OT and add an extra LB.

The numbers are always in flux.

Every roster projection to start the season ... starts with 9-10, WRs 5-6 etc.

Often that number is determined by the quality of your backups.

My whole point has been ... the brain trust that are telling you they are high on Udoh and Hinton, are the same ones that were high on Samia and worse, started Dozier (Elflein etc).

Even if they were right - for once - why would you not go overboard on your OL given the limitations of your QB. The Chiefs have a mobile miracle worker at QB and they are signing and drating more OL than there are stars.

Again...if you have a good stable of Oline at best or worse you dress 8. 11 for sure doesn't make sense. 10 would be the max. The Vikes had 9 last year at the end of the year mostly because Reiff was on the IR and they call up Mandel to sit out the last game.

The numbers are there.....Lakers lost last night so don't get caught up in Bill's antics.

When they have 90 roster spots for Pre Season they will hit Bill's numbers of 11-12.

Don't be an imbecile.

8 OL. Amazing inability to grasp reality.

Numbers are there 8-9; very first post. Lakers lost to Kings and Raptors. Go Pout somewhere else. Funny Bill gets into more scuffles then anyone....is wrong and starts calling people names because he is wrong.

Its none of my business to respond – I only say this because I'm the third leg in this argument ...

Its true that Bill doesn't give a lot of leeway to fuzzy-reasoned posts or bad board behavior. There's more taking on than backing away.

For my money, the reasoning is very sound, if delivered with a hammer sometimes.

As far as your shady OL argument ...

Argue numbers all you want but even with Darrisaw and Davis, I would STILL call it by far the weakest unit on the team.

By far.
Post #: 2681
RE: NFL Draft 2021 - 5/3/2021 12:22:14 PM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

but most teams aim for 10 OL on their 53 man roster. That number changes due to a lot of factors ... including versatility, injury history of starters, strength or injury history at other positions, etc.

On the 46 that dress for games, not all teams carry their full OL roster load. Hill can play RT (in theory) and LT so if you need to dress an extra LB because Barr is dinged, Hill allows you to drop a backup OT and add an extra LB.

My whole point has been ... the brain trust that are telling you they are high on Udoh and Hinton, are the same ones that were high on Samia and worse, started Dozier (Elflein etc).

Even if they were right - for once - why would you not go overboard on your OL given the limitations of your QB. The Chiefs have a mobile miracle worker at QB and they are signing and drating more OL than there are stars.

Again...if you have a good stable of Oline at best or worse you dress 8. 11 for sure doesn't make sense. 10 would be the max. The Vikes had 9 last year at the end of the year mostly because Reiff was on the IR and they call up Mandel to sit out the last game.

The numbers are there.....Lakers lost last night so don't get caught up in Bill's antics.

When they have 90 roster spots for Pre Season they will hit Bill's numbers of 11-12.

Don't be an imbecile.

Numbers are there 8-9; very first post. Lakers lost to Kings and Raptors. Go Pout somewhere else. Funny Bill gets into more scuffles then anyone....is wrong and starts calling people names because he is wrong.

Its none of my business to respond – I only say this because I'm the third leg in this argument ...

Its true that Bill doesn't give a lot of leeway to fuzzy-reasoned posts or bad board behavior. There's more taking on than backing away.

For my money, the reasoning is very sound, if delivered with a hammer sometimes.

Argue numbers all you want but even with Darrisaw and Davis, I would STILL call it by far the weakest unit on the team.

By far.

Kickers might have that mantle now.
Post #: 2682
RE: NFL Draft 2021 - 5/3/2021 12:22:36 PM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mark Anderson

quote:

I watched all his plays against Alabama last year. He was under pressure 90% of the time. Throwing off back foot alot.

I have not watched Mond at all. I'm a complete ignoramus except for what I read in here.

Arm talent and zip, adequate size, can scramble, can throw from different angles, four year starter with big improvement ...

Scrappiness is the hardest to judge so we'll see

I thought Trask was too much like Cousins (so we probably would have taken him if available) ... so I'm excited for the possibilities

I'm beginning to feel that our biggest improvement in the draft come from Spielman miscalculations.
Post #: 2683
RE: NFL Draft 2021 - 5/3/2021 12:23:49 PM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Don't be an imbecile.

By far.

Kickers might have that mantle now.

That is true. Thanks for gutting my argument lol.

< Message edited by Tom Sykes -- 5/3/2021 12:25:11 PM >
Post #: 2684
RE: NFL Draft 2021 - 5/3/2021 1:21:43 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Don't be an imbecile.

You've been even more off kilter since the election. I'm not going to stop posting, and will call out fundamental things you fail to understand, Mr. 8 OL.
Post #: 2685
RE: NFL Draft 2021 - 5/3/2021 1:26:14 PM   
Phil Riewer

Yep 8-9; was your guess 10 or 11? You probably said 10 so I will be like you and say you said 12...LOL

Who did the Lakers lose to last night? Who did they lose to Friday Night? You have been Surly Bill since. You might want to quit watching them bums for a few games.

Old Bill can't get along with anyone. Can't think of anything to post so he fights with Sweens, KG, and anyone else he can find something he doesn't like.

Just Block Old Surly Bill when the Lakers lose.

< Message edited by Phil Riewer -- 5/3/2021 1:27:57 PM >

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 2686
RE: NFL Draft 2021 - 5/3/2021 1:31:26 PM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Jandro

quote:

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Brad H

quote:

I am not going to complain about Oline when we spent a 1st and a 3rd.

I like that they went after coverage/ST/Speed guys in the 4th- 6th rounds of the draft...that is a weakness.

The positives about the o-line is that if they all pan out, we have a very young offensive line with a lot of years ahead of them. The negatives are that we have little depth and very little experience. Who is the leader up front, O'Neill? Maybe Bradbury?

I'm hoping they all become great. I really am. I just wanted more out of the draft given we didn't address it in free agency and had one of the worst pass-blocking o-lines in the league a year ago. That's a lot of youth and a lot to expect right away.

Is Darrisaw instantly better than Reiff? I don't think so. He may end up being better in the long run, but the kid hasn't taken a snap yet nor seen his first big paycheck. At some point he'll see TJ Watt, Aaron Donald, Myles Garrett, Joey Bosa, Nick Bosa, JJ Watt and Khalil Mack this season. That's like a rookie pitcher facing the '27 Yankees. That will be where the rubber meets the road, and a ton to expect from a young kid.

Kirk Cousins better have his head on a swivel, and Kellen Mond better be ready to go if not.

I like the two oline prospects we drafted but at least one more G would have been a lot better. Esp considering we didn't bring in any kind vet presence. I thought a Klien type that could start at LG on a one year deal would have been a solid move for the overall development of the young guys.

This still could happen. No one knows what Cole or Hinton do yet either. I like our online depth. I like our def depth and speed we drafted.

Like any team the are going to have to do their best regarding depth with their taxi squad. There will be injuries. Look at KC. They had a ton of injuries on their oline last year. Prob the one thing that cost them a super bowl

I see KC picked Creed Humphries with their 2nd rder (their 1st selection).

Their org was not going to let their oline drag them down a 2nd time.

The Vikes are high on Hinton and as bad Dozier is he would be a good backup on most teams. We now have two first rounders two second rounders and a third invested in our oline. Straw man argument at Rick ignoring oline. All on coaches at this point. Zimmer mentioned he wanted two bigger lineman and two were drafted.

Look back on the good Vikings lines. They had studs but they also stayed healthy and didn’t test depth too much. Best thing u can do for depth is get rid of injury riddled lineman.

The Vikings being high on Hinton sounds like Samia the year before. We are high on every player on the roster or they wouldn't be on the roster. That doesn't mean a lot until you see them in games.

I don't think Dozier is a good back-up ... if he can't play his 'starter experience' doesn't mean a lot. Hill is a decent back-up ... didn't play well in extended time (or on the right side) ... but he has looked solid in spot duty on the left. There is vast chasm between Hill and Dozier as back-ups.

Straw man argument at Rick ignoring the line is true but the performance of the line has made that commentary forgivable. Adding draftees like adding starter experience only adds if the player can play or develop into a player. Speilman had been giving 'draft attention' to the OL four years before this offseason and the line sucked. Hopefully, Darrisaw and Davis will push the gauge from below avg to avg or above (or even above avg, you never know), we'll have to wait and see.

U r not going to have starter quality guys at 8-10 when u keep 9 at most. U already named Hill. They like Hinton/Cole at backup C/G. Udoh at T/G Hill at OT. That puts Dozier at 10 already before all UDFA and last phase FA

Original post that Bill is surly about....but Bill claims I said 8. Everyone is nutso and wrong but him.

< Message edited by Phil Riewer -- 5/3/2021 1:34:55 PM >

Post #: 2687
RE: NFL Draft 2021 - 5/3/2021 1:53:25 PM   
Pager

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

The people who liked the Kellen Mond pick are on drugs. The guy has no arm and did next to nothing in college. He will also set us back a year or two in looking for a QB because as a third round pick they will give him a chance to play when the Cousins era is over. It's TJack 2.0. Yippee.

If they wanted a QB they should have gotten one in the first round. The top four QB's are all going to do well. That's why we should have targeted. How many QB's drafted after the early second round actually make it? Cousins? Brady? Wilson? If they are not good enough to be first round picks at an over-drafted position then they most likely will never amount to a hill of beans.

That's contradictory to EVERYTHING I've read about him or seen on the tapes. Stupid.

You think a new regime is going to hitch their wagon to a 3rd round QB if he hasn't shown something? Stupid.

Forget Prescott? Stupid.

Yes, they will hitch their wagon to this guy for a year or two. Just like TJack.

I did forget Prescott.

Not a 100% success rate, of course, but if you want to commit to getting a QB in the draft THAT'S where you draft them. You don't wait for the third tier guys who almost never pan out. Just look on this team the past 25 years.

Chad May
Tarvaris Jackson
Tyler Thigpen
John David Booty
Nate Stanley

Christian Hackenberg
Jacoby Brissett
Cody Kessler
Connor Cook
Dak Prescott
Cardale Jones
Kevin Hogan

DeShone Kizer
Davis Webb
CJ Beathard
Joshua Dobbs
Nathan Peterman

Mason Rudolph
Kyle Lauletta
Mike White

Drew Lock
Will Grier
Ryan Finley
Jarrett Stidham
Easton Stick
Clayton Thorson

Jalen Hurts
Jacob Eason
James Morgan
Jake Fromm

Other than Prescott and maybe Hurts, the rest or HORRIBLE NFL QB's. Mond = WASTED PICK.

Should have just sent a 6th round pick to Carolina and gotten Teddy back to be the backup. They could have grabbed DE Ossai instead or Brady Christensen who they supposedly loved instead of getting a backup QB in the third round.

Give a 6th for Teddy AND have to restructure deals cuz we'd be over the cap? Stupid.

Carolina is covering $7 million of the $10 million...that's $2 million more than Sean Mannion. You're not too bright, are you?

I'm man enough to admit I got the contract details wrong, I posted without looking it up and I thought Teddy was getting closer to the original 3 yr/60M deal he was signed with Carolina paying 7M for this year. The funny part is you still got it WRONG. It's 3.5M more than Mannion.

Teddy Bridgewater was traded to the Denver Broncos on April 28, 2021. As part of the trade Bridgewater agreed to a revised contact. The contract is one year $10 million fully guaranteed. Carolina will pay the $7 million signing bonus as part of the trade. Denver will be responsible for the remaining $4.5 million in salary. Will continue to update this as more information becomes available. https://overthecap.com/player/teddy-bridgewater/2971/

But let's recap your argument(s):

No arm - even the article you posted state mediocre arm which is a far cry from no arm. The same article you haven't posted a link to and could be from anytime and any source.

You predict the first 4 QBs will "do well". QB failure rate for first round is around 50%, if I remember right. I ask you if you think 100% of the first 4 will succeed and your response "not a 100%, of course". Couldn't back pedal on that one fast enough.

Your 1 example is TJ getting some play with a new regime. What is the % of teams - with new FO (GM/Coach), stick with a QB on their first contract??

Your better solution is to Mond is a trade for Teddy. Where his 4.5M would be 59% of our remaining cap right now and close to 100% after the rookie class is signed. Most teams need/want 3-5M for in-season moves which, again, would require contract restructures.

You're not too bright, are you?

Left picking up the pieces.
Post #: 2688
RE: NFL Draft 2021 - 5/3/2021 1:55:25 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

quote:

quote:

I have not watched Mond at all. I'm a complete ignoramus except for what I read in here.

Arm talent and zip, adequate size, can scramble, can throw from different angles, four year starter with big improvement ...

Scrappiness is the hardest to judge so we'll see

I thought Trask was too much like Cousins (so we probably would have taken him if available) ... so I'm excited for the possibilities

I'm beginning to feel that our biggest improvement in the draft come from Spielman miscalculations.

Tom I'd encourage you to watch the highlights. It's pretty easy to do just click the link in the message. Fun to watch. You will see his strengths and weaknesses.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 2689
RE: NFL Draft 2021 - 5/3/2021 1:56:56 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

Yep 8-9; was your guess 10 or 11? You probably said 10 so I will be like you and say you said 12...LOL

Who did the Lakers lose to last night? Who did they lose to Friday Night? You have been Surly Bill since. You might want to quit watching them bums for a few games.

Old Bill can't get along with anyone. Can't think of anything to post so he fights with Sweens, KG, and anyone else he can find something he doesn't like.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 2690
RE: NFL Draft 2021 - 5/3/2021 2:00:05 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

I like that they went after coverage/ST/Speed guys in the 4th- 6th rounds of the draft...that is a weakness.

The positives about the o-line is that if they all pan out, we have a very young offensive line with a lot of years ahead of them. The negatives are that we have little depth and very little experience. Who is the leader up front, O'Neill? Maybe Bradbury?

I'm hoping they all become great. I really am. I just wanted more out of the draft given we didn't address it in free agency and had one of the worst pass-blocking o-lines in the league a year ago. That's a lot of youth and a lot to expect right away.

Is Darrisaw instantly better than Reiff? I don't think so. He may end up being better in the long run, but the kid hasn't taken a snap yet nor seen his first big paycheck. At some point he'll see TJ Watt, Aaron Donald, Myles Garrett, Joey Bosa, Nick Bosa, JJ Watt and Khalil Mack this season. That's like a rookie pitcher facing the '27 Yankees. That will be where the rubber meets the road, and a ton to expect from a young kid.

Kirk Cousins better have his head on a swivel, and Kellen Mond better be ready to go if not.

I like the two oline prospects we drafted but at least one more G would have been a lot better. Esp considering we didn't bring in any kind vet presence. I thought a Klien type that could start at LG on a one year deal would have been a solid move for the overall development of the young guys.

This still could happen. No one knows what Cole or Hinton do yet either. I like our online depth. I like our def depth and speed we drafted.

Like any team the are going to have to do their best regarding depth with their taxi squad. There will be injuries. Look at KC. They had a ton of injuries on their oline last year. Prob the one thing that cost them a super bowl

The Vikes are high on Hinton and as bad Dozier is he would be a good backup on most teams. We now have two first rounders two second rounders and a third invested in our oline. Straw man argument at Rick ignoring oline. All on coaches at this point. Zimmer mentioned he wanted two bigger lineman and two were drafted.

Look back on the good Vikings lines. They had studs but they also stayed healthy and didn’t test depth too much. Best thing u can do for depth is get rid of injury riddled lineman.

The Vikings being high on Hinton sounds like Samia the year before. We are high on every player on the roster or they wouldn't be on the roster. That doesn't mean a lot until you see them in games.

I don't think Dozier is a good back-up ... if he can't play his 'starter experience' doesn't mean a lot. Hill is a decent back-up ... didn't play well in extended time (or on the right side) ... but he has looked solid in spot duty on the left. There is vast chasm between Hill and Dozier as back-ups.

Straw man argument at Rick ignoring the line is true but the performance of the line has made that commentary forgivable. Adding draftees like adding starter experience only adds if the player can play or develop into a player. Speilman had been giving 'draft attention' to the OL four years before this offseason and the line sucked. Hopefully, Darrisaw and Davis will push the gauge from below avg to avg or above (or even above avg, you never know), we'll have to wait and see.

U r not going to have starter quality guys at 8-10 when u keep 9 at most. U already named Hill. They like Hinton/Cole at backup C/G. Udoh at T/G Hill at OT. That puts Dozier at 10 already before all UDFA and last phase FA

Original post that Bill is surly about....but Bill claims I said 8. Everyone is nutso and wrong but him.

On Bill's side of the argument...not debate argument... Bill doesn't debate. You did say keep 9 at most so that implies some teams only keep 8. On the other hand you mentioned Dozier would be 10. You were sort of wrong, but there was no reason for Bill to be rude to you.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 2691
RE: NFL Draft 2021 - 5/3/2021 2:03:34 PM   
Burns

I hope the chip on Jaylyn Twyman's shoulder is so big, he's the only one that can carry it. He is one rocked up dude. I hope he can turn the weight room work into on field output and play like he did in 2019 against some grown men. Getting a pass rush presence in the middle of the field would be huge. I heard Speilman say the position coaches asked him to drop some weight to help improve his explosion.

Warrior Sapper 12B Combat Engineer
Post #: 2692
RE: NFL Draft 2021 - 5/3/2021 2:03:55 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Forget Prescott? Stupid.

I did forget Prescott.

Chad May
Tarvaris Jackson
Tyler Thigpen
John David Booty
Nate Stanley

Christian Hackenberg
Jacoby Brissett
Cody Kessler
Connor Cook
Dak Prescott
Cardale Jones
Kevin Hogan

DeShone Kizer
Davis Webb
CJ Beathard
Joshua Dobbs
Nathan Peterman

Mason Rudolph
Kyle Lauletta
Mike White

Drew Lock
Will Grier
Ryan Finley
Jarrett Stidham
Easton Stick
Clayton Thorson

Jalen Hurts
Jacob Eason
James Morgan
Jake Fromm

I'm man enough to admit I got the contract details wrong, I posted without looking it up and I thought Teddy was getting closer to the original 3 yr/60M deal he was signed with Carolina paying 7M for this year. The funny part is you still got it WRONG. It's 3.5M more than Mannion.

Teddy Bridgewater was traded to the Denver Broncos on April 28, 2021. As part of the trade Bridgewater agreed to a revised contact. The contract is one year $10 million fully guaranteed. Carolina will pay the $7 million signing bonus as part of the trade. Denver will be responsible for the remaining $4.5 million in salary. Will continue to update this as more information becomes available. https://overthecap.com/player/teddy-bridgewater/2971/

But let's recap your argument(s):

No arm - even the article you posted state mediocre arm which is a far cry from no arm. The same article you haven't posted a link to and could be from anytime and any source.

You predict the first 4 QBs will "do well". QB failure rate for first round is around 50%, if I remember right. I ask you if you think 100% of the first 4 will succeed and your response "not a 100%, of course". Couldn't back pedal on that one fast enough.

Your 1 example is TJ getting some play with a new regime. What is the % of teams - with new FO (GM/Coach), stick with a QB on their first contract??

Your better solution is to Mond is a trade for Teddy. Where his 4.5M would be 59% of our remaining cap right now and close to 100% after the rookie class is signed. Most teams need/want 3-5M for in-season moves which, again, would require contract restructures.

You're not too bright, are you?

Tarvaris Jackson had an above average QB rating in his last year as our starter. I think he was top 10. That was one of the many reasons I was not in favor of bringing in Favre. Turned out I was wrong. He had an incredible season for us. Then went down the tubes the very next year.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 2693
RE: NFL Draft 2021 - 5/3/2021 2:32:57 PM   
kgdabom

I haven't watched Surratt game film yet, but these highlights show that he is equally talented at rushing the passer and covering the receiver. I like what I see, but just highlights.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XcoHCUFrVHI

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 2694
RE: NFL Draft 2021 - 5/3/2021 2:46:05 PM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

On Bill's side of the argument...not debate argument... Bill doesn't debate. You did say keep 9 at most so that implies some teams only keep 8. On the other hand you mentioned Dozier would be 10. You were sort of wrong, but there was no reason for Bill to be rude to you.

I had proof 8 active for most games (that is where that comes from) but it doesn't matter. It is the same argument when Marty wanted us to draft 5 WR in a row starting with the first round when you only play 4 and had 3 already.

If you look back when Elf was cut after he was hurt I believe they had only 8 lineman on the roster for that week and added more to the Practice Squad....but whatever.

< Message edited by Phil Riewer -- 5/3/2021 2:48:03 PM >

Post #: 2695
RE: NFL Draft 2021 - 5/3/2021 2:53:05 PM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Burns

I hope the chip on Jaylyn Twyman's shoulder is so big, he's the only one that can carry it. He is one rocked up dude. I hope he can turn the weight room work into on field output and play like he did in 2019 against some grown men. Getting a pass rush presence in the middle of the field would be huge. I heard Speilman say the position coaches asked him to drop some weight to help improve his explosion.

quote:

Jaylyn Twyman

Nice Bio too:
2019: Enjoyed a highly productive—and highly decorated—sophomore campaign…a starter in all 13 games at defensive tackle, compiling 41 stops and a team-high 12 TFLs (tied) and 10.5 sacks…became the first interior defensive lineman to lead Pitt in sacks since Aaron Donald (11) in 2013…ranked 18th nationally with an average of 0.81 sacks per contest…named a second team All-American by no fewer than six different selectors, including Associated Press, Football Writers Association of America, Phil Steele, Sporting News, Walter Camp and The Athletic…first team All-ACC…honored as the Outland Trophy National Defensive Player of the Month for September…two-time Pro Football Focus ACC Team of the Week honoree (Delaware and Boston College)…honored as the ACC Defensive Lineman of Week for his performance against North Carolina, when he had 2.5 sacks…his biggest sack occurred in overtime when he smothered Sam Howell for a five-yard loss, pushing the Tar Heels into a fourth-and-16 that they could not convert…collected three sacks against Ohio, the most by a Pitt player since defensive end Ejuan Price had five vs. Louisville on Nov. 21, 2015…it also marked the highest sack total by a Pitt defensive tackle since Aaron Donald also had three vs. Utah on Oct. 15, 2011….had a career-high six tackles with 1.5 sacks at Penn State…also had six stops with a sack assist against Boston College.

Post #: 2696
RE: NFL Draft 2021 - 5/3/2021 3:41:10 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

I had proof 8 active for most games (that is where that comes from) but it doesn't matter. It is the same argument when Marty wanted us to draft 5 WR in a row starting with the first round when you only play 4 and had 3 already.

If you look back when Elf was cut after he was hurt I believe they had only 8 lineman on the roster for that week and added more to the Practice Squad....but whatever.

Fair enough. I only said you were sort of wrong.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 2697
RE: NFL Draft 2021 - 5/3/2021 3:54:41 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

Oh, namecalling. Pot meet Kettle. Your first post to me. Your new self-proclaimed M.O. of 'going on the attack' kinds flies in the face of resorting to namecalling when wrong.

Poor Phil can't keep his posting plans straight. 8-Ball Phil
Post #: 2698
RE: NFL Draft 2021 - 5/3/2021 3:59:37 PM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

quote:

Oh, namecalling. Pot meet Kettle. Your first post to me. Your new self-proclaimed M.O. of 'going on the attack' kinds flies in the face of resorting to namecalling when wrong.

Poor Phil can't keep his posting plans straight. 8-Ball Phil

Waiting for you to post something on your own. Just a nice discussion between Tom and I. Then good old Snarky Bill shows up. Do you have anything to add but your misperceived number? Thought not. Plenty of draft links/picks/UDFAs to discuss and all you have is the wrong number of olineman.

< Message edited by Phil Riewer -- 5/3/2021 4:01:20 PM >

Post #: 2699
RE: NFL Draft 2021 - 5/3/2021 4:02:29 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

IMO you are right, we still may address OL with a castoff or two but I disagree with our depth as is, especially on the interior. We could easily have used another 4th or 5th rd pick on the inside.

Darrisaw, O'Neill, Hill and Cleveland (if we were smart enough to admit our mistake in drafting a 2nd rd back-up) gives us depth and talent (on paper) at both OT spots. That's more depth than ... I can ever remember. (And no, Udoh doesn't matter)

However, playing Cleveland out of position at G hurts his development and also our OT depth. It may help us at G if he improves this year but it is a very ineffective use of resources. Any HC or OC or OL coach that says we are adapting our 'system' to the strengths of our players should be shot. He is a square peg in a round hole.

Cole who is really just our back-up C, Dozier, Davis is a razor thin G corps. Razor thin. It wouldn't surprise me if Dozier (along with Cleveland) started over both Cole and Davis given our past MO. Then we just have to wait for Dozier to go down before obvious upgrade Davis comes in and starts mashing DL.

You are forgetting about Hinton but every team has 8-9 lineman. I like our 8-9. Nobody keeps 10. Stash a couple on taxi squad that no one will snipe and call it good with maybe another FA signing but not much money left

Ha, ha, HERE is the post Phil 8 OL.

As I noted, this is NOT in the context of walking back your idiocy by saying "dressing" or, as you are now saying, "suiting up". The context was depth and roster spots, not game day players. Instead of admitting as such you are distorting and being a weasel, and the board has no room for weasels.
Post #: 2700
Page:   <<   < prev  106 107 [108] 109 110   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: NFL Draft 2021 Page: <<   < prev  106 107 [108] 109 110   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode