Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: Free Agency 2021

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: Free Agency 2021 Page: <<   < prev  8 9 [10] 11 12   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Free Agency 2021 - 3/14/2021 4:32:06 PM   
thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tom Sykes

quote:

ORIGINAL: thebigo

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: ratoppenheimer

quote:

ORIGINAL: David F.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bruce Johnson

quote:

There is no way - no way - we can NOT come away with a decent FA G ... maybe not one of the top 3-4 or 5 but nothing less than a legitimate starter / borderline 1st tier player.

Losing Reiff complicates the final OL configuration but adding a FA G while losing Dozier (and praying for improvement from Bradbury) ... gives us a chance.

Cleveland / O'Neil / Bradbury / FA / a someone (from our current developmental pile like Udoh etc - or - one of David F's cherry middle round picks from this year - or - one of our annual last cut-down castoff signings in Sept)

Add Spielman's premium FA signings THIS year (Hunter / Pierce) with an actual 2nd tier DE signing THIS year (Griffith?) to a 1st-2nd (move up)-3rd rd picks on defense ...

Boom. A godless bloodthirsty horde of savages, once again into the breach ...

They certainly would know they would be the starter and for an offense that performed at a high level with lousy guard play last year.

There's only about two guards that project into the first two rounds. I still advocate for getting a minimum of one standout in FA and would be smiling if we got two. Rounds 3-6 will have plenty of decent options. Have some faith.

i want two guards in free agency - a $7-8m/yr guard and a $3-4m/yr guard...then draft Dickerson somewhere after the 1sts round....

forget orlando brown jr - he's demanding a trade from Baltimore because he only wants to play left-tackle - we just cut a solid left-tackle - i don't want a prima-dona who's going to make large contract demands next season....

The #4 Off ranking vs. the Def ranking / our cap situation ... negates any possibility of Spielman binging on a Reiff Remmers double-dip free agency approach [before the draft].

I think.

We'll find out soon enough ... if he tampers with / signs / or even just goes after a decent OL in the first couple of weeks, I will be very pleasantly shocked.

For all we know, re-signing Hill might be his big OL target in FA which would 'allow us to focus on BPA in the draft'.

Someone between 4-8m, a middle and late rd. draft pick ... then the 'sorting it out' period through training camp – before 'pouncing' on another final cut-down dude for the vet minimum.

Ok, I had to check the Vikings roster for another player named Hill. 4-8 million for Rashad Hill. Really? REALLY?

Never said that. two diff projections, right? maybe resign hill (only as in no outside FAs) ... maybe sign someone for 4-8m (with a second decent FA out of the question). The main point.

Reading comprehension issues on my part, my bad.
Post #: 226
RE: Free Agency 2021 - 3/14/2021 6:31:52 PM   
Bruce Johnson

Analyst Jason Fitzgerald at OvertheCap now has the #Vikings at $9,363,584 of cap room. He said it went down from the roughly $10.1 million he had before because every team has a salary-cap hold for workout bonuses of about $800,000 that kicks in March 17 but he has added it now.

(Chris Tomasson on Twitter)

We live in a world where we depend upon each other. In other words, we need each other just as God needs us and we need Him. How wonderful it would be if we could unite and live in harmony. Wouldn't it be better that way?
Post #: 227
RE: Free Agency 2021 - 3/14/2021 6:45:41 PM   
Bruce Johnson

Saints are restructuring QB Taysom Hill’s contract to create cap room. Details are great: it’s a 4-year, $140 million contract extension - but all years are voidable and it’s a mechanism to free up cap space this year, per source. It saves Saints over $7.5M against cap this year.

(Adam Schefter on Twitter)

We live in a world where we depend upon each other. In other words, we need each other just as God needs us and we need Him. How wonderful it would be if we could unite and live in harmony. Wouldn't it be better that way?
Post #: 228
RE: Free Agency 2021 - 3/14/2021 7:03:05 PM   
Bruce Johnson

Aaron Jones has reached agreement with the Packers on a 4-year deal worth $48 million, including a $13 million signing bonus, @DrewJRosenhaus tells ESPN.

Aaron Jones: 86.2 PFF Grade since 2019 7th among RBs

(PFF on Twitter)

Packers continue to make head scratching moves- why draft Dillion so high last year a long side love.. only to turn around and pay Jones- meanwhile you waste last years 1&2 on backup players. Just squandering Rodgers prime with terrible front office decisions.

(Jason Pflug on Twitter)

< Message edited by Bruce Johnson -- 3/14/2021 7:05:02 PM >

Post #: 229
RE: Free Agency 2021 - 3/14/2021 7:13:04 PM   
Bruce Johnson

Bills reached agreement with G Jon Feliciano on a three-year deal worth up to $17 million before he could hit free agency, as reported. Bills keep Feliciano and Daryl Williams on their offensive line.

We didn't want to see this. One guard off the list.

Post #: 230
RE: Free Agency 2021 - 3/14/2021 8:19:22 PM   
Bruce Johnson

The Minnesota Vikings and LB Anthony Barr are working on a restructured contract that reduces his $12.3M salary but makes him a free agent in 2022, per sources. This helps Minnesota’s cap while getting Barr -- who had three years left on his deal – two years closer to free agency

(Jeremy Fowler on Twitter)

I like it. Barr will be motivated this year to prove his worth. I guess the way that NFL contracts are it's always like that, but I do believe the money will spike upwards next year. So this could be a win-win situation.

< Message edited by Bruce Johnson -- 3/14/2021 8:20:56 PM >

Post #: 231
RE: Free Agency 2021 - 3/14/2021 10:05:29 PM   
David F.

quote:

Bills reached agreement with G Jon Feliciano on a three-year deal worth up to $17 million before he could hit free agency, as reported. Bills keep Feliciano and Daryl Williams on their offensive line.

It’s fine. Also one buyer off the list

I wouldn't give ANY qb $30-50+ mil unless that QB had won me a Super Bowl. Did you win a Super Bowl on your rookie deal? Yes? Great! Here's your hugenormous contract. F it let's just run victory laps and love life. No? Good luck. Next!
Post #: 232
RE: Free Agency 2021 - 3/15/2021 5:28:48 AM   
Bruce Johnson

quote:

quote:

It’s fine. Also one buyer off the list

It's like musical chairs, though. There are more buyers than chairs.

Post #: 233
RE: Free Agency 2021 - 3/15/2021 5:35:07 AM   
ratoppenheimer

quote:

The Minnesota Vikings and LB Anthony Barr are working on a restructured contract that reduces his $12.3M salary but makes him a free agent in 2022, per sources. This helps Minnesota’s cap while getting Barr -- who had three years left on his deal – two years closer to free agency

(Jeremy Fowler on Twitter)

I like it. Barr will be motivated this year to prove his worth. I guess the way that NFL contracts are it's always like that, but I do believe the money will spike upwards next year. So this could be a win-win situation.

i think that getting his cap hit down this season is the easy part - the key is to minimize the dead money next year....

the journey...is paradise.
Post #: 234
RE: Free Agency 2021 - 3/15/2021 6:50:40 AM   
odin

Ravens signed Zeitler.
Post #: 235
RE: Free Agency 2021 - 3/15/2021 7:06:12 AM   
ratoppenheimer

quote:

ORIGINAL: odin

Ravens signed Zeitler.

quote:

Ravens signed Zeitler

Within hours of the legal tampering period of the NFL schedule, the Baltimore Ravens signed former Giants and Bengals guard Kevin Zeitler to a 3-year, $22 million contract, according to NFL Network reporter Ian Rapoport.

the journey...is paradise.
Post #: 236
RE: Free Agency 2021 - 3/15/2021 8:08:29 AM   
David F.

quote:

quote:

Ravens signed Zeitler.

quote:

Ravens signed Zeitler

Within hours of the legal tampering period of the NFL schedule, the Baltimore Ravens signed former Giants and Bengals guard Kevin Zeitler to a 3-year, $22 million contract, according to NFL Network reporter Ian Rapoport.

That’s incredible value for the ravens. Vikes could have afforded that easily

I wouldn't give ANY qb $30-50+ mil unless that QB had won me a Super Bowl. Did you win a Super Bowl on your rookie deal? Yes? Great! Here's your hugenormous contract. F it let's just run victory laps and love life. No? Good luck. Next!
Post #: 237
RE: Free Agency 2021 - 3/15/2021 9:10:57 AM   
Bill Jandro

https://www.si.com/nfl/bengals/news/jaguars-guard-andrew-norwell-restructures-contract-to-avoid-free-agency

Oline...early and often this draft
Post #: 238
RE: Free Agency 2021 - 3/15/2021 9:17:10 AM   
Typical Spielman sitting out the early days of free agency.

Getting a couple guards of Zeitlers quality for just over $7mil ish would be pretty good for this team.
  Post #: 239
RE: Free Agency 2021 - 3/15/2021 9:35:08 AM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

ORIGINAL: kurt bilben

Getting a couple guards of Zeitlers quality for just over $7mil ish would be pretty good for this team.

Really isn't that much action yet....Wasn't Zeitler at Balt before?

Also there is this:

Tom Pelissero
@TomPelissero
· 1h
Offensive linemen Joe Thuney and Corey Linsley will be among the most coveted prizes when the negotiating window opens at noon ET today. Meanwhile, no deal yet between the #Bucs and Shaq Barrett, who appears headed to test the market. @nflnetwork

< Message edited by Phil Riewer -- 3/15/2021 9:43:38 AM >

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 240
RE: Free Agency 2021 - 3/15/2021 9:47:42 AM   
odin

quote:

quote:

quote:

Ravens signed Zeitler.

quote:

Ravens signed Zeitler

It would seem so, would have been a good signing.

I heard on a podcast (Judd?) that a solid pass- rushing DE was rumored from 'an inside source' to be our #1 FA goal.
Post #: 241
RE: Free Agency 2021 - 3/15/2021 10:02:00 AM   
David F.

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Ravens signed Zeitler.

quote:

Ravens signed Zeitler

I heard on a podcast (Judd?) that a solid pass- rushing DE was rumored from 'an inside source' to be our #1 FA goal.

If that's the case then the Vikes know more about Danielle Hunter's intentions than they are letting on.

Post #: 242
RE: Free Agency 2021 - 3/15/2021 10:20:14 AM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Ravens signed Zeitler.

quote:

Ravens signed Zeitler

If that's the case then the Vikes know more about Danielle Hunter's intentions than they are letting on.

Or maybe the condition of his neck.
Post #: 243
RE: Free Agency 2021 - 3/15/2021 10:22:24 AM   
odin

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Ravens signed Zeitler.

quote:

Ravens signed Zeitler

They made it sound like the goal was to have two 'bookend pass rushers', and that Hunter was being counted on.
Post #: 244
RE: Free Agency 2021 - 3/15/2021 10:24:54 AM   
thebigo

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Ravens signed Zeitler.

quote:

Ravens signed Zeitler

Yannick Ngakoue is available.
Post #: 245
RE: Free Agency 2021 - 3/15/2021 10:27:35 AM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

ORIGINAL: kurt bilben

Reading up on Trai Turner.

He was awful for the Chargers last year. Not sure if we are the place to resurrect a career.

Still young (27) and has played well in past.

Might be a cheap one year deal where he can showcase himself for one last big contract.
Post #: 246
RE: Free Agency 2021 - 3/15/2021 10:28:36 AM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

ORIGINAL: thebigo

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Ravens signed Zeitler.

quote:

Ravens signed Zeitler

Yannick Ngakoue is available.

Post #: 247
RE: Free Agency 2021 - 3/15/2021 10:35:49 AM   
Phil Riewer

Minnesota Vikings
Chris Tomasson
@christomasson
So the #Vikings will save $2.9 million on the salary cap by restructuring Anthony Barr's contract. That now gives them about $12.25 million of cap room.

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 248
RE: Free Agency 2021 - 3/15/2021 11:04:48 AM   
Bill Jandro

quote:

ORIGINAL: Phil Riewer

Minnesota Vikings
Chris Tomasson
@christomasson
So the #Vikings will save $2.9 million on the salary cap by restructuring Anthony Barr's contract. That now gives them about $12.25 million of cap room.

Not as much as I thought it would be.

Oline...early and often this draft
Post #: 249
RE: Free Agency 2021 - 3/15/2021 11:09:52 AM   
beo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Jandro

quote:

ORIGINAL: Phil Riewer

Minnesota Vikings
Chris Tomasson
@christomasson

Not as much as I thought it would be.

Disappointing... I was hoping for at least 5m.
Post #: 250
Page:   <<   < prev  8 9 [10] 11 12   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: Free Agency 2021 Page: <<   < prev  8 9 [10] 11 12   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode