Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: Free Agency 2021

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: Free Agency 2021 Page: <<   < prev  22 23 [24] 25 26   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Free Agency 2021 - 3/18/2021 3:24:58 PM   
David F.

WR3? How about cordarelle Patterson? Probably $2M per year and we get a kick returner and the best gunner in the game for punts.

I wouldn't give ANY qb $30-50+ mil unless that QB had won me a Super Bowl. Did you win a Super Bowl on your rookie deal? Yes? Great! Here's your hugenormous contract. F it let's just run victory laps and love life. No? Good luck. Next!
Post #: 576
RE: Free Agency 2021 - 3/18/2021 3:29:02 PM   
ratoppenheimer

quote:

ORIGINAL: David F.

WR3? How about cordarelle Patterson? Probably $2M per year and we get a kick returner and the best gunner in the game for punts.

bring him home, baby....

the journey...is paradise.
Post #: 577
RE: Free Agency 2021 - 3/18/2021 3:47:50 PM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

ORIGINAL: Brad H

quote:

ORIGINAL: TJSweens

quote:

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Levine

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: ronhextall

quote:

As I see it, the three worst contracts in the NFL this coming season are Goff, Ryan and Cousins.

I think that is a valid stance to take.

None of those guys would be my starting quarterback if I was an NFL general manager. No chance, no how. Glaciers move faster.

Funny thing is you were the only guy banging the Cousins drum before we got him.

Funny thing is that Cousins was around the 8th highest average QB salary and was #8 in quarterback ranking last year. But, it's one of the 3 worst contracts in football. Again, if you want to ignore every metric used to evaluate QB you can say anyone is the most overpaid and mediocre at best.

#8 quarterback ranking means absolutely nothing to me. He's one of the worst two-minute quarterbacks I've ever seen, completely incapable of making plays when it matters. A lot of guys have put up decent numbers and never won a damned thing. Cousins doesn't have that "IT" factor a quarterback needs to win the big one. He's not a leader of men.

Once again, the Brad eye test trumps all facts. I'm out. You're going to see whatever you are determined to see and you clearly need glasses.

I find it interesting you equate offensive stats to facts (as it relates to being a great quarterback). I equate big wins to being a great quarterback. I'll take big wins over stats any day of the week, and I don't think there's many in here that wouldn't.

Fantasy football has breed a ton of guys like yourself over the past three decades. Back in the real world, stats mean absolutely nothing if you can't produce them when it matters.

Do you factor in your two minute drill argument that everyone knows he has to pass, the DLine pins it ears back and comes after him and our Oline plays turnstyle?

Wins and losses are not a great way to judge a QB. They get way too much credit/blame for the win/loss.

If Cousins had time to throw he may have done better.

Too many times he takes the snap and has a DT in his face during the two minute drills.

If a cow doesn't provide milk, is that a milk dud or and udder failure?
Post #: 578
RE: Free Agency 2021 - 3/18/2021 3:54:14 PM   
Brad H

quote:

ORIGINAL: Trekgeekscott

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

As I see it, the three worst contracts in the NFL this coming season are Goff, Ryan and Cousins.

None of those guys would be my starting quarterback if I was an NFL general manager. No chance, no how. Glaciers move faster.

Funny thing is you were the only guy banging the Cousins drum before we got him.

Funny thing is that Cousins was around the 8th highest average QB salary and was #8 in quarterback ranking last year. But, it's one of the 3 worst contracts in football. Again, if you want to ignore every metric used to evaluate QB you can say anyone is the most overpaid and mediocre at best.

#8 quarterback ranking means absolutely nothing to me. He's one of the worst two-minute quarterbacks I've ever seen, completely incapable of making plays when it matters. A lot of guys have put up decent numbers and never won a damned thing. Cousins doesn't have that "IT" factor a quarterback needs to win the big one. He's not a leader of men.

Once again, the Brad eye test trumps all facts. I'm out. You're going to see whatever you are determined to see and you clearly need glasses.

I find it interesting you equate offensive stats to facts (as it relates to being a great quarterback). I equate big wins to being a great quarterback. I'll take big wins over stats any day of the week, and I don't think there's many in here that wouldn't.

Fantasy football has breed a ton of guys like yourself over the past three decades. Back in the real world, stats mean absolutely nothing if you can't produce them when it matters.

Do you factor in your two minute drill argument that everyone knows he has to pass, the DLine pins it ears back and comes after him and our Oline plays turnstyle?

Wins and losses are not a great way to judge a QB. They get way too much credit/blame for the win/loss.

Too many times he takes the snap and has a DT in his face during the two minute drills.

He was only sacked two times in the final two minutes. 22 of the guys in front of him were sacked more times.

A two-minute drill is a two-minute drill. Every defense knows every offense is going to pass. That doesn't change because it is Cousins or the Vikings. It's inherent to the two-minute offense.

< Message edited by Brad H -- 3/18/2021 4:02:25 PM >

Defense starts at the corners!
Post #: 579
RE: Free Agency 2021 - 3/18/2021 4:03:41 PM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

He was only sacked two times in the final two minutes. 22 of the guys in front of him were sacked more times.

And a DT in your face doesn't cause bad throws, throws into the dirt or off target even if you're not sacked?

Come on Brad.

Don't get me wrong. I don't particularly like Kirk Cousins as our QB. I have fantasies about us waking up one morning and he's been traded somewhere and we are free of him. but he's not as bad as it could be.

I really think the Vikings should be looking for a true replacement for him in this draft. But they will focus on the wrong thing.

I am not unhappy with our Free agent signings except that the most glaring problem we have on offense is the Oline and they made an attempt at ONE guy that ultimately signed elsewhere. They NEED an acquisition like Steve Hutchinson

If a cow doesn't provide milk, is that a milk dud or and udder failure?
Post #: 580
RE: Free Agency 2021 - 3/18/2021 4:09:07 PM   
Brad H

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

And a DT in your face doesn't cause bad throws, throws into the dirt or off target even if you're not sacked?

Come on Brad.

This is why I don't like to use stats in an argument, which was another subset argument with TJSweens. They don't tell the entire story. I agree with you on that point.

Which is why I have always said, I don't need all the stats when I have my eyes. They don't ever lie.

Cousins has very little mobility. As a result, he does in fact throw a lot of balls away. I hate it. If you are going to pay a guy $33-million, he should have some mobility and be a more complete package. Which is why I say, he's a $15-million quarterback making $33-million.

< Message edited by Brad H -- 3/18/2021 4:10:35 PM >

Defense starts at the corners!
Post #: 581
RE: Free Agency 2021 - 3/18/2021 4:13:12 PM   
thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Johanesen

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Jandro

Trent Williams and the San Francisco 49ers have reached a six-year, $138.06 million deal that will make him the highest-paid offensive lineman in NFL history, his agency announced Wednesday morning. The deal has $55.1 million in guaranteed money, Williams' agency Elite Loyalty Sports tweeted.

Culpepper once had that $100 million contract, including incentives such as leading the team in special teams tackles.

Must have had incentives for recovered fumbles also, he led the league a couple times.
Post #: 582
RE: Free Agency 2021 - 3/18/2021 4:21:55 PM   
Phil Riewer

Brad how many Vikings games did you watch last year? I am betting you watched the Bucs instead of the Vikes....

What normally happens in the offseason is Brad takes transactions that the top teams make....normally the Patriots but this offseason the Chiefs & Bucs, and other top 2-3 and say we should do this that or have that QB or restructure like Tom and Mahomes did....(a year after Cousins already restructured and extended money and time).

The big thing is we have a different team....how can we make our current team the best?

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 583
RE: Free Agency 2021 - 3/18/2021 4:39:48 PM   
Hats4Bats

Solves a boat load of problems we have

Cordarrelle Patterson Personally Asks for Vikings Reunion
His Tweet.
Photo of Dustin Baker Dustin BakerMar 18, 2021
4 1 minute read

Former Minnesota Vikings wide receiver and special teams savant, Cordarrelle Patterson, point-blank asked for a reunion with the team on Thursday.

There is no ambiguity here or secondhand hearsay — he asked for a conversation with Minnesota’s front office.

It is unclear if the Vikings have the funds to pursue Patterson. The franchise recently restructured Adam Thielen’s contract to make room for Arizona Cardinals long-time cornerback, Patrick Peterson. The 30-year-old Cardinals Patrick signed with the Vikings on St. Patrick‘s Day.

Patterson — also 30 years old — spent four seasons with Minnesota before heading to the Las Vegas Raiders, New England Patriots, and Chicago Bears.

He has tallied eight kick-return touchdowns in his seven-year career. Patterson has also accounted for 18 total rushing and receiving touchdowns. When he arrived in New England, head coach Bill Belichick often used Patterson as a running back — a first for the wide receiver.

Notably, Patterson [with the Bears] torched the Vikings for a 104-yard kick-return touchdown last year to start the 2nd Half in Chicago. Minnesota won the game 19-16, the team’s first win in The Windy City since 2017.

If the Vikings did “make the call” and “move more money around,” Patterson would instantly vie for the Vikings WR3 position and assuredly nail down the team’s longstanding special teams returning woes.

Patterson is an unrestricted free agent.

Hats for Bats - - Keep Bats warm
Post #: 584
RE: Free Agency 2021 - 3/18/2021 5:10:39 PM   
ratoppenheimer

Brett Tessler@TesslerSports
Congrats to my client Mike Remmers on agreeing to terms with the Kansas City Chiefs to be their starting right tackle again this season!

Post #: 585
RE: Free Agency 2021 - 3/18/2021 5:18:58 PM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

ORIGINAL: ratoppenheimer

Congrats to my client Mike Remmers on agreeing to terms with the Kansas City Chiefs to be their starting right tackle again this season!

Fallout from the signing of Thuney.
Post #: 586
RE: Free Agency 2021 - 3/18/2021 5:25:08 PM   
Todd M

Re: P1.

100% for a return. He was never anything but a fun member of our team. Electric at times. And he wasn't douchey at all when he left.

I hope we do it.

Then land the best G in the draft; add some depth and we are rolling!
Post #: 587
RE: Free Agency 2021 - 3/18/2021 5:27:22 PM   
kevinemmer

quote:

ORIGINAL: ratoppenheimer

Better hope that toe heals up!!
Post #: 588
RE: Free Agency 2021 - 3/18/2021 5:50:52 PM   
joejitsu

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hats4Bats

Solves a boat load of problems we have

Cordarrelle Patterson Personally Asks for Vikings Reunion
His Tweet.
Photo of Dustin Baker Dustin BakerMar 18, 2021
4 1 minute read

Former Minnesota Vikings wide receiver and special teams savant, Cordarrelle Patterson, point-blank asked for a reunion with the team on Thursday.

There is no ambiguity here or secondhand hearsay — he asked for a conversation with Minnesota’s front office.

It is unclear if the Vikings have the funds to pursue Patterson. The franchise recently restructured Adam Thielen’s contract to make room for Arizona Cardinals long-time cornerback, Patrick Peterson. The 30-year-old Cardinals Patrick signed with the Vikings on St. Patrick‘s Day.

Patterson — also 30 years old — spent four seasons with Minnesota before heading to the Las Vegas Raiders, New England Patriots, and Chicago Bears.

He has tallied eight kick-return touchdowns in his seven-year career. Patterson has also accounted for 18 total rushing and receiving touchdowns. When he arrived in New England, head coach Bill Belichick often used Patterson as a running back — a first for the wide receiver.

Notably, Patterson [with the Bears] torched the Vikings for a 104-yard kick-return touchdown last year to start the 2nd Half in Chicago. Minnesota won the game 19-16, the team’s first win in The Windy City since 2017.

If the Vikings did “make the call” and “move more money around,” Patterson would instantly vie for the Vikings WR3 position and assuredly nail down the team’s longstanding special teams returning woes.

Patterson is an unrestricted free agent.

He could really help us in a couple ways, for sure. I hope he is able to come back.
Post #: 589
RE: Free Agency 2021 - 3/18/2021 6:16:14 PM   
Bruce Johnson

Kyle Rudolph signs with the Giants. I don't see the details yet, though.

We live in a world where we depend upon each other. In other words, we need each other just as God needs us and we need Him. How wonderful it would be if we could unite and live in harmony. Wouldn't it be better that way?
Post #: 590
RE: Free Agency 2021 - 3/18/2021 6:57:54 PM   
Jeff Allen

quote:

I initially wasn't a fan of this signing, but now that Jeff says it's horrible, I feel like it could work out.

Then you'll be wrong again.

This from a guy who actually thinks Kirk Cousins is a franchise QB. You best stick to baseball.
Post #: 591
RE: Free Agency 2021 - 3/18/2021 6:59:48 PM   
Jeff Allen

Patterson is horrible. Jameson Crowder just signed for $3 million. That was the guy to get.

Team will hopefully get WR or LT in first round and G in the third. Sleeper DE in the fourth for sure.
Post #: 592
RE: Free Agency 2021 - 3/18/2021 9:37:12 PM   
marty

I think Kirk could help the OL by getting 1st half leads against quality opponents.

Trailing in the 2nd and 3rd quarter, makes it more likely your interior OL is beaten, leading to pressure on KC, who isn't all that mobile.

When the other team has a great enough lead, either late 3rd quarter, or in the 4th quarter, they let up a little, and then KC gets his garbage time stats.

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 593
RE: Free Agency 2021 - 3/18/2021 9:57:20 PM   
marty

There are Bears' fans that believe, if only the Bears had gotten a solid OL, they could have won the SB with Cutler.

Cousins and Cutler are similar. Cousins is just a smarter version of Cutler.

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 594
RE: Free Agency 2021 - 3/18/2021 10:01:16 PM   
marty

The problem with Cutler and Cousins, is they many times don't react quickly to plays that are breaking down.

Their passes [or their "quick" movements just before they throw] are sometimes not AHEAD of the defense, they're just a tad behind.

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 595
RE: Free Agency 2021 - 3/19/2021 3:56:41 AM   
ratoppenheimer

danielle hunter - i'm a huge fan of his and think that he is a hard-working, respectful, and honorable person....

$15m - the signing bonus he received before the 2018 season and while still under his rookie contract of $2.9m/4yrs
$22m - additional cash give to him over the 2019 and 2020 seasons of his extension deal

$37m - total amount already paid to hunter that is applied to his extension & restructure - he has physically played in only one season under his extension & restructure

Post #: 596
RE: Free Agency 2021 - 3/19/2021 4:42:14 AM   
Bruce Johnson

Rudolph 2 years 16 million. Wow.

We live in a world where we depend upon each other. In other words, we need each other just as God needs us and we need Him. How wonderful it would be if we could unite and live in harmony. Wouldn't it be better that way?
Post #: 597
RE: Free Agency 2021 - 3/19/2021 7:16:49 AM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jeff Allen

quote:

I initially wasn't a fan of this signing, but now that Jeff says it's horrible, I feel like it could work out.

This from a guy who actually thinks Kirk Cousins is a franchise QB. You best stick to baseball.

I don't think any one thought Kirk is a franchise QB...there are probably 4-5 out there....you have to do what is best for the team around him. Build up the defense, OLine, and get another good WR...which it looks like they are trying to do.

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 598
RE: Free Agency 2021 - 3/19/2021 8:33:53 AM   
ratoppenheimer

sign patterson ($1.5m) and Fitzgerald ($1.5m) - draft a wr in the 3rd/4th....

< Message edited by ratoppenheimer -- 3/19/2021 9:47:27 AM >

Post #: 599
RE: Free Agency 2021 - 3/19/2021 8:50:11 AM   
TJSweens

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jeff Allen

quote:

Never said that, dumbass. And don't stay too long at the keyboard, your mom probably wants to come down to the basement and change your sheets.

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 600
Page:   <<   < prev  22 23 [24] 25 26   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: Free Agency 2021 Page: <<   < prev  22 23 [24] 25 26   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode