Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: Free Agency 2021

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: Free Agency 2021 Page: <<   < prev  28 29 [30] 31 32   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Free Agency 2021 - 3/23/2021 10:23:58 AM   
TJSweens

quote:

ORIGINAL: David F.

quote:

ORIGINAL: marty

Well right now, I am glad the Vikings didn't trade for Deshaun Watson, considering he has 13 sexual conduct lawsuits [SCL] against him.

SCLs might be worse than ACL problems.

Remember when Peyton Manning was accused of the exact same thing?

There was one sexual misconduct allegation made against Manning. There are currently 13 against Watson including one full on assault. Don't get me wrong, one is too many. Thirteen is an awful lot of smoke for there to be no fire. This isn't going to get swept under the rug. The climate is a lot different in 2021 than it was in 1996.

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 726
RE: Free Agency 2021 - 3/23/2021 10:42:41 AM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

ORIGINAL: TJSweens

quote:

quote:

Well right now, I am glad the Vikings didn't trade for Deshaun Watson, considering he has 13 sexual conduct lawsuits [SCL] against him.

There was one sexual misconduct allegation made against Manning. There are currently 13 against Watson including one full on assault. Don't get me wrong, one is too many. Thirteen is an awful lot of smoke for there to be no fire. This isn't going to get swept under the rug. The climate is a lot different in 2021 than it was in 1996.

There are not a lot of people coming out and defending him(Watson).

Although, defending him is dangerous in today's climate. That could be held against a person.
Post #: 727
RE: Free Agency 2021 - 3/23/2021 10:53:10 AM   
Bill Jandro

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mark Anderson

quote:

quote:

quote:

Although, defending him is dangerous in today's climate. That could be held against a person.

It really only takes one allegation and every women he's ever known will try to jump on the money train.

From what I've heard Watson has impeccable character. But then again I don't think anything that exits Dabbo's mouth is entirely truthful.

Oline...early and often this draft
Post #: 728
RE: Free Agency 2021 - 3/23/2021 11:00:45 AM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Jandro

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

It really only takes one allegation and every women he's ever known will try to jump on the money train.

From what I've heard Watson has impeccable character. But then again I don't think anything that exits Dabbo's mouth is entirely truthful.

Plus, the lawyer kind of seems like a Michael Avenatti wannabe.
Post #: 729
RE: Free Agency 2021 - 3/23/2021 11:23:23 AM   
Bruce Johnson

quote:

quote:

At this point LT has to be the #1 priority. I know we do have some options for moving O'Neal or Ezra over there.

A trade for Orlando Brown appears to have stalled due to balt's asking price.

I think a Slater or Darrisaw will fall to #14 but that's a bit of a gamble.

Vera Tucker or Cosmi are not bad options either.

Loaded OLine draft. We have to take advantage.

I've heard good things about Cosmi too. He could be an option if the Vikings trade back to re-coop a second round selection.

But again about Darrisaw, he in particular reminds me of Randall McDaniel. I'm repeating myself, but I heard that "once he gets your hands on you" you'll be like swimming in quicksand. He's got really strong hands and that reminds me of McDaniel.

I don't know too much about Slater. He won the match-up with Chase Young in 2020. Young gathered 7.5 sacks in his rookie year. Not too shabby. My sense is he must have really good feet. Probably he's the whole package. Darrisaw is a bit bigger, so that's another reason I've been leaning towards him. I keep thinking about those 4th down and inches situations that we couldn't convert and so I like bigger.

Edit: I did find this about Slater. It seems to suggest that he would be even better playing on the inside and he could be elite there. It's above my paygrade to figure this out, but I suppose we could move him inside and Cleveland on the LT according to this article.

https://thedraftnetwork.com/player/rashawn-slater/1pKUn4IfC4

< Message edited by Bruce Johnson -- 3/23/2021 11:45:48 AM >

We live in a world where we depend upon each other. In other words, we need each other just as God needs us and we need Him. How wonderful it would be if we could unite and live in harmony. Wouldn't it be better that way?
Post #: 730
RE: Free Agency 2021 - 3/23/2021 11:44:51 AM   
thebigo

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Depends on who your defending
Post #: 731
RE: Free Agency 2021 - 3/23/2021 12:53:46 PM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

ORIGINAL: thebigo

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Depends on who your defending

True
Post #: 732
RE: Free Agency 2021 - 3/23/2021 3:49:03 PM   
Bill Jandro

self delete

< Message edited by Bill Jandro -- 3/23/2021 3:50:14 PM >

Post #: 733
RE: Free Agency 2021 - 3/23/2021 6:07:00 PM   
Bruce Johnson

Trouble for Rudolph:

There’s a snag in the #Giants’ addition of TE Kyle Rudolph. Sources say the team’s medical staff is concerned with Rudolph’s foot after his physical and believes he’ll need surgery. The sides are discussing how to proceed. The two-year deal was agreed to but not yet signed.

(Mike Garafolo on Twitter)

We live in a world where we depend upon each other. In other words, we need each other just as God needs us and we need Him. How wonderful it would be if we could unite and live in harmony. Wouldn't it be better that way?
Post #: 734
RE: Free Agency 2021 - 3/23/2021 9:46:24 PM   
Pager

quote:

At this point LT has to be the #1 priority. I know we do have some options for moving O'Neal or Ezra over there.

I view LT exactly the same as I did after the draft last year. I would be very ok if we didn't trade for a T, sign 1, or draft one in the first two rounds.

Same reasons why I thought we should cut Reiff last year prior to the season. I don't want the cost of a vet T, or to give up draft picks/players. We still have to resign Oneill, and while getting through this and next year caps crisis, spending a lot money on LT isn't worth it to me.

We have Ezra - athletic skills and showed progress out of position (imo) at guard. We have ONeill, former LT, and we have Udoh. If Ezra was inserted at LT and bombed (unlikely imo) we have Hill on the roster whose shown he can be at minimum "not a train wreck". Or if Udoh shows he can handle RT, there's another option (moving Oneill to LT).

We still have literally nothing at guard. Hyperbole, I'd like to see Udoh given a chance at RG, and curious to see Hinton but it's not much of an exaggeration AND have no safety net (like Hill at T).

I view Guard, Safety, and DE as bigger needs than LT. I really hope we don't give up assets for Brown Jr (or trade for a T) and then have to sign him to a massive extension.

But it's the Vikings which means they'll do something exactly along these lines.

< Message edited by Pager -- 3/23/2021 9:54:38 PM >

Left picking up the pieces.
Post #: 735
RE: Free Agency 2021 - 3/23/2021 9:48:41 PM   
Pager

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tom Sykes

I suppose Trai Turner or Lane Taylor, if healthy, would be better on paper than Kline who is, unfortunately, our gold OG standard during the Zimmer reign.

So there's that. Maybe they bank on proving their health in 2021 on the cheap.

I think Spielman is the only person who perks up his ears when he hears the term, 'injury ravaged'. Similar to the 'squirrel' dog thing.

I like the idea of a 1 yr, no guarantee, heavily incentive laden contract on Lane Taylor.

I am more indifferent to Lamp, but don't object to signing him as long as it's not a multiyear contract. Rather see him stay healthy and prove it.

Left picking up the pieces.
Post #: 736
RE: Free Agency 2021 - 3/23/2021 11:42:43 PM   
marty

Pager, what you say makes sense.

I will probably be for the first time, hoping a guard falls to the Vikes in the first round.

You have an immobile QB, you need to be strong up the gut. And it also makes the job easier for a mobile QB as well.

Slater and Sloter, lol

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 737
RE: Free Agency 2021 - 3/24/2021 1:37:18 AM   
ratoppenheimer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Pager

quote:

I suppose Trai Turner or Lane Taylor, if healthy, would be better on paper than Kline who is, unfortunately, our gold OG standard during the Zimmer reign.

I think Spielman is the only person who perks up his ears when he hears the term, 'injury ravaged'. Similar to the 'squirrel' dog thing.

I like the idea of a 1 yr, no guarantee, heavily incentive laden contract on Lane Taylor.

I am more indifferent to Lamp, but don't object to signing him as long as it's not a multiyear contract. Rather see him stay healthy and prove it.

sign turner/taylor and then lamp at minimum wage...we don't even have a backup guard right now....

i can't believe that spielman has waited this long without addressing guard - some vikings' journalist needs to call him out - get it out there in writing somewhere...fans need to throw freak fits on twitter...somebody needs to kidnap spielman....

the journey...is paradise.
Post #: 738
RE: Free Agency 2021 - 3/24/2021 1:48:16 AM   
ratoppenheimer

in his latest mock, kiper has us moving up to #9 and drafting penei sewell - so there's that thought going on out there....

Post #: 739
RE: Free Agency 2021 - 3/24/2021 2:01:38 AM   
ratoppenheimer

Mike Garafolo@MikeGarafolo
There’s a snag in the #Giants’ addition of TE Kyle Rudolph. Sources say the team’s medical staff is concerned with Rudolph’s foot after his physical and believes he’ll need surgery. The sides are discussing how to proceed. The two-year deal was agreed to but not yet signed.

Post #: 740
RE: Free Agency 2021 - 3/24/2021 9:19:15 AM   
Bill Jandro

quote:

ORIGINAL: ratoppenheimer

quote:

quote:

sign turner/taylor and then lamp at minimum wage...we don't even have a backup guard right now....

i can't believe that spielman has waited this long without addressing guard - some vikings' journalist needs to call him out - get it out there in writing somewhere...fans need to throw freak fits on twitter...somebody needs to kidnap spielman....

Ridiculous that we only have one G on the roster in Ezra, and he could be moved to T. Samia and bailey aren't even worthy of a PS designation. Spielman's neglegence of the G position will never change. fire him now.

Post #: 741
RE: Free Agency 2021 - 3/24/2021 9:21:35 AM   
TJSweens

quote:

ORIGINAL: ratoppenheimer

Mike Garafolo@MikeGarafolo

Why surgery? It's not like it will make him any faster.

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 742
RE: Free Agency 2021 - 3/24/2021 9:35:58 AM   
Bill Jandro

quote:

quote:

I view LT exactly the same as I did after the draft last year. I would be very ok if we didn't trade for a T, sign 1, or draft one in the first two rounds.

Same reasons why I thought we should cut Reiff last year prior to the season. I don't want the cost of a vet T, or to give up draft picks/players. We still have to resign Oneill, and while getting through this and next year caps crisis, spending a lot money on LT isn't worth it to me.

We have Ezra - athletic skills and showed progress out of position (imo) at guard. We have ONeill, former LT, and we have Udoh. If Ezra was inserted at LT and bombed (unlikely imo) we have Hill on the roster whose shown he can be at minimum "not a train wreck". Or if Udoh shows he can handle RT, there's another option (moving Oneill to LT).

We still have literally nothing at guard. Hyperbole, I'd like to see Udoh given a chance at RG, and curious to see Hinton but it's not much of an exaggeration AND have no safety net (like Hill at T).

I view Guard, Safety, and DE as bigger needs than LT. I really hope we don't give up assets for Brown Jr (or trade for a T) and then have to sign him to a massive extension.

But it's the Vikings which means they'll do something exactly along these lines.

LT is not a position to be toyed with nor fall asleep on. Not having a competent LT can derail a season by itself (see 2016) or TJ Clemmings.

I was wondering why Ezra wasn't given a chance to play LT week 17 when Reiff was put on covid list. This seemed liked a huge missed opportunity. Why play Hill a career backup?

This either was a complete oversight on our coaching staff or they have zero plans on playing Cleveland at LT. The evidence seems to point to this so we are either moving O'Neal over to LT or our future LT isn't on the roster yet.

Post #: 743
RE: Free Agency 2021 - 3/24/2021 9:37:12 AM   
marty

Are there any good sumo wrestlers available that can play guard ?

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 744
RE: Free Agency 2021 - 3/24/2021 9:42:42 AM   
David F.

KYLE RUDOLPH
TE, NEW YORK GIANTS

NFL Network's Mike Garafolo reports the Giants' medical staff is concerned with Kyle Rudolph's foot.
The team doctors believe Rudolph will need surgery, which means his two-year contract may have to be re-worked. It's possible Rudolph is released without playing a snap in New York, although there are other ways to keep him around at a likely less lucrative salary. He was signed to compete with Evan Engram at tight end, but Rudolph was best viewed as a low-ceiling TE3 in fantasy circled even at full health. The Giants will be shoving the ball to Saquon Barkley and Kenny Golladay in 2021.

I wouldn't give ANY qb $30-50+ mil unless that QB had won me a Super Bowl. Did you win a Super Bowl on your rookie deal? Yes? Great! Here's your hugenormous contract. F it let's just run victory laps and love life. No? Good luck. Next!
Post #: 745
RE: Free Agency 2021 - 3/24/2021 9:53:11 AM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

quote:

quote:

LT is not a position to be toyed with nor fall asleep on. Not having a competent LT can derail a season by itself (see 2016) or TJ Clemmings.

I was wondering why Ezra wasn't given a chance to play LT week 17 when Reiff was put on covid list. This seemed liked a huge missed opportunity. Why play Hill a career backup?

This either was a complete oversight on our coaching staff or they have zero plans on playing Cleveland at LT. The evidence seems to point to this so we are either moving O'Neal over to LT or our future LT isn't on the roster yet.

Not playing Erza for just the last game doesn't mean they have zero plans for him at LT. He would have had like two days practice at LT which is nothing. What realistic development or analysis can you get from that.

Plus RG would have been manned by..... nobody?
Post #: 746
RE: Free Agency 2021 - 3/24/2021 10:17:46 AM   
Bill Johanesen

I thought we would have signed a FA guard after the big dollar first wave. GMs go into wait mode between flurries of signings to hopefully see agents panic and contract $ drop.
Post #: 747
RE: Free Agency 2021 - 3/24/2021 10:20:08 AM   
David F.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Johanesen

I thought we would have signed a FA guard after the big dollar first wave. GMs go into wait mode between flurries of signings to hopefully see agents panic and contract $ drop.

It was a buyer's market. We still needed to, you know, buy something.

I wouldn't give ANY qb $30-50+ mil unless that QB had won me a Super Bowl. Did you win a Super Bowl on your rookie deal? Yes? Great! Here's your hugenormous contract. F it let's just run victory laps and love life. No? Good luck. Next!
Post #: 748
RE: Free Agency 2021 - 3/24/2021 10:23:06 AM   
TJSweens

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Johanesen

quote:

quote:

quote:

Not playing Erza for just the last game doesn't mean they have zero plans for him at LT. He would have had like two days practice at LT which is nothing. What realistic development or analysis can you get from that.

Plus RG would have been manned by..... nobody?

Yep. Putting him in at LT after he had practiced exclusively at G all season would have been setting him up to fail. What pisses me off is that the Vikings should know at this point if he is going to be their LT or not.

Post #: 749
RE: Free Agency 2021 - 3/24/2021 10:32:16 AM   
Bill Johanesen

Two scenarios revolving around Cleveland.

Cleveland stays at G (IMO a bad move)
- They draft a projected top talent LT at #14
- They sign a mid-low tier FA G

Cleveland moves to LT
- They draft a pure G or a LT that can and will play G (or knowing them they draft another tall, thin OT that ends up at G)
- They sign a mid-low tier FA G
Post #: 750
Page:   <<   < prev  28 29 [30] 31 32   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: Free Agency 2021 Page: <<   < prev  28 29 [30] 31 32   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode