Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: General Vikes Talk

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  14 15 [16] 17 18   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/7/2021 9:01:24 AM   
Toby Stumbo

quote:

So much doom and gloom

This is the way.

GO VIKES!
Post #: 376
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/7/2021 8:59:28 PM   
Daniel Lee Young

Pukers added cowgirls LB jaylon Smith after Dallas cuts him..

"Thou shall not bear false witness”
I am WRATH, incarnate.
@RlyeeNicole’sDad
Post #: 377
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/7/2021 9:12:48 PM   
Daniel Lee Young

Wow.. I just saw Rams kicker Walsh an extra point…

It’s NOT just us..

Then he KO, out of bounds..

Lol..

I am WRATH, incarnate.
@RlyeeNicole’sDad
Post #: 378
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/7/2021 9:16:34 PM   
Daniel Lee Young

Wilson dislocated a throwing hand finger..

Stick a fork in the Seahags..

I am WRATH, incarnate.
@RlyeeNicole’sDad
Post #: 379
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/7/2021 9:23:04 PM   
Daniel Lee Young

Matthew Stanford is much better at reads and throws, than KC…

Just my opinion..

I am WRATH, incarnate.
@RlyeeNicole’sDad
Post #: 380
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/8/2021 10:40:08 AM   
ronhextall

quote:

ORIGINAL: Daniel Lee Young

Wilson dislocated a throwing hand finger..

Stick a fork in the Seahags..

based on history of Zimmer beating teams with winning records, Seattle was done after the loss to the Vikings.

I was shocked how good Geno Smith looked. Guy was in command throwing darts. I didn't even know he was still in league. He likely added a few years to his career last night.
Post #: 381
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/8/2021 11:09:37 AM   
marty

I didn't see the Browns game.

I just heard that Mayfield has a partially torn labium. Did that contribute to some of his poor passes, or is that just an excuse ?

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 382
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/8/2021 12:15:01 PM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

Just my opinion..

Stafford was always a really good QB on a really shitty team.

Rams are legit this year because they replaced Goff with him.

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn't work if it's not open. Frank Zappa
Post #: 383
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/8/2021 5:49:53 PM   
David F.

quote:

Wow.. I just saw Rams kicker Walsh an extra point…

It’s NOT just us..

Then he KO, out of bounds..

Lol..

Yet they still won by multiple scores because they didn’t foul up the rest of the game and then blame the loss on the kicker or a fumble.

I wouldn't give ANY qb $30-50+ mil unless that QB had won me a Super Bowl. Did you win a Super Bowl on your rookie deal? Yes? Great! Here's your hugenormous contract. F it let's just run victory laps and love life. No? Good luck. Next!
Post #: 384
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/8/2021 6:03:50 PM   
Mark Anderson

ZDS
Post #: 385
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/8/2021 9:17:35 PM   
David F.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mark Anderson

ZDS

He’s on his way to making playoffs 3 times in 8 seasons. And he has an excuse for every time he misses.

I wouldn't give ANY qb $30-50+ mil unless that QB had won me a Super Bowl. Did you win a Super Bowl on your rookie deal? Yes? Great! Here's your hugenormous contract. F it let's just run victory laps and love life. No? Good luck. Next!
Post #: 386
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/8/2021 10:25:12 PM   
Richard Neussendorfer

quote:

ORIGINAL: David F.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mark Anderson

ZDS

He’s on his way to making playoffs 3 times in 8 seasons. And he has an excuse for every time he misses.

As I've said before he's no better than Chili.
Post #: 387
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/9/2021 8:09:23 AM   
Bill Jandro

Zone Coverage: The Vikings’ Defense Needs To Clamp Down Before Halftime

Minnesota has allowed 92 points through four games. That’s 11th in the NFL and a big improvement over last year when they ranked 29th in points allowed. However, 35 of those points, or just over 38% of their total points allowed, have come in the final two minutes of the first half. Conversely, the Vikings have only scored 10 of their 94 total points in the final two minutes of the first half. In fact, the one game they scored a touchdown in that window was their only win of the season.

Even more interesting about the Week 3 victory over the Seattle Seahawks is that it is the only time all season the Vikings didn’t allow their opponent to score in a two-minute drive to end the first half. Seattle began their lone drive inside of two minutes at their own 25-yard line with 16 seconds remaining. Minnesota’s defense played much smarter than the previous two weeks and allowed the team to carry momentum into halftime with a 21-17 lead. They would ultimately win 30-17.

However, the Vikings have given up points on six of seven (85.7%) two-minute drives. Meanwhile, they are allowing scores on only 37.8% of all drives this season, 14th in the league.

Somehow, the Vikings are 1-3 and have still outscored their opponents by two points over the course of four games. But Minnesota has been outscored 35-10 inside of two minutes. That’s meaningful considering the losses have come down to a field goal in overtime, a missed field goal at the end of regulation, and a 14-7 loss. Even though the defense is culpable for their shortcomings in these situations, the offense also fields much of the blame for not being able to sustain drives. To top it all off, questionable coaching (the squib kick and too many men on the extra point) is costing the team points here as well.

It’s not a good sign when teams give up any points going into halftime. The fact that the Vikings have allowed two scores in these situations to each team they’ve lost to is alarming. Teams preach “complementary football,” and right now the Vikings aren’t executing that. If they continue this troubling trend, their playoff hopes will go up in flames before they reach the halfway point of the season.

Oline...early and often this draft
Post #: 388
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/9/2021 9:40:11 AM   
David F.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Jandro

Minnesota has allowed 92 points through four games. That’s 11th in the NFL and a big improvement over last year when they ranked 29th in points allowed. However, 35 of those points, or just over 38% of their total points allowed, have come in the final two minutes of the first half. Conversely, the Vikings have only scored 10 of their 94 total points in the final two minutes of the first half. In fact, the one game they scored a touchdown in that window was their only win of the season.

Even more interesting about the Week 3 victory over the Seattle Seahawks is that it is the only time all season the Vikings didn’t allow their opponent to score in a two-minute drive to end the first half. Seattle began their lone drive inside of two minutes at their own 25-yard line with 16 seconds remaining. Minnesota’s defense played much smarter than the previous two weeks and allowed the team to carry momentum into halftime with a 21-17 lead. They would ultimately win 30-17.

However, the Vikings have given up points on six of seven (85.7%) two-minute drives. Meanwhile, they are allowing scores on only 37.8% of all drives this season, 14th in the league.

Somehow, the Vikings are 1-3 and have still outscored their opponents by two points over the course of four games. But Minnesota has been outscored 35-10 inside of two minutes. That’s meaningful considering the losses have come down to a field goal in overtime, a missed field goal at the end of regulation, and a 14-7 loss. Even though the defense is culpable for their shortcomings in these situations, the offense also fields much of the blame for not being able to sustain drives. To top it all off, questionable coaching (the squib kick and too many men on the extra point) is costing the team points here as well.

It’s not a good sign when teams give up any points going into halftime. The fact that the Vikings have allowed two scores in these situations to each team they’ve lost to is alarming. Teams preach “complementary football,” and right now the Vikings aren’t executing that. If they continue this troubling trend, their playoff hopes will go up in flames before they reach the halfway point of the season.

Zimmer doesn't understand urgency as it relates to situations. Because of this he also doesn't anticipate situational urgency from the opposition. 4th-and-long late in a playoff game for the Saints who have all the momentum and are trailing? He'll just rush four. It's just another run-of-the-mill play for Zimmer.

Post #: 389
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/9/2021 9:46:17 AM   
bohumm

We're down by a touchdown with four minutes left? That's plenty of time to get a TD; the main thing is we don't want to give up a score. Huddling, runs instead of passes.... Oh, wait, we didn't score and now we need the ball back? No one told me that could happen.....
Post #: 390
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/9/2021 12:26:51 PM   
stfrank

Zimmer has never learned how to see the game as a head coach. He only sees things through his defensive coordinator lens whose sole focus is to make a stop and get off the field. The problem lately is his group isn't very good at that any more either.
Post #: 391
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/9/2021 3:07:40 PM   
thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Trekgeekscott

quote:

Just my opinion..

Didn't they go to the super bowl with golf?
Post #: 392
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/9/2021 3:32:42 PM   
Daniel Lee Young

quote:

ORIGINAL: thebigo

quote:

quote:

Just my opinion..

Yea, lost to the patriots in LII , 2018

I am WRATH, incarnate.
@RlyeeNicole’sDad
Post #: 393
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/9/2021 4:05:18 PM   
jbusse

quote:

ORIGINAL: thebigo

quote:

quote:

Just my opinion..

Legit most years because of McVay.
Post #: 394
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/10/2021 2:37:09 AM   
ratoppenheimer

quote:

ORIGINAL: David F.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Jandro

Zimmer doesn't understand urgency as it relates to situations. Because of this he also doesn't anticipate situational urgency from the opposition. 4th-and-long late in a playoff game for the Saints who have all the momentum and are trailing? He'll just rush four. It's just another run-of-the-mill play for Zimmer.

there is absolutely no doubt in my mind that our biggest problem as a team is mike zimmer....

the reason we are 1-3 is because of zimmer....

i have zero faith that we can recover this season because of zimmer....

our head coach is completely overmatched by every team in the NFL....

fire him now...give the reins to kid kubiak as interim....

the journey...is paradise.
Post #: 395
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/10/2021 7:43:00 AM   
ambear

Post #: 396
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/10/2021 3:27:44 PM   
Bill Johanesen

We won, we won!

Theilen checking in after five games with a 45 ypg average on 9.5 ypc.
Post #: 397
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/10/2021 3:34:43 PM   
David Levine

Chris Tomasson@christomasson
#Vikings coach Mike Zimmer said he thought his team was too conservative on offense on just one series.
Post #: 398
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/10/2021 3:38:00 PM   
David Levine

Post #: 399
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/10/2021 3:45:05 PM   
Richard Neussendorfer

Wow is he dumb
Post #: 400
Page:   <<   < prev  14 15 [16] 17 18   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  14 15 [16] 17 18   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode