Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: General Vikes Talk

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  16 17 [18] 19 20   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/11/2021 4:44:24 AM   
ratoppenheimer

look at this, and scroll down, there are a few angles....

https://twitter.com/CasperSyd/status/1447296561352826880

the journey...is paradise.
Post #: 426
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/11/2021 7:21:37 AM   
Todd M

quote:

ORIGINAL: ratoppenheimer

look at this, and scroll down, there are a few angles....

https://twitter.com/CasperSyd/status/1447296561352826880

I see an act. Each playing their part. First Kirk then Zimmer. All in fun.
Post #: 427
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/11/2021 8:23:10 AM   
TJSweens

quote:

ORIGINAL: Daniel Lee Young

quote:

ORIGINAL: David F.

What was the tweet? I don’t see anything odd from him

Minnesota Vikings cornerback Bashaud Breeland set Twitter ablaze after the team’s frustrating 19-17 victory over the Detroit Lions at home.

Breeland tweeted after the game, “I’m convince yal love my Johnson in yal mouth enjoy the win and shut tf up,” a response to growing animosity between the former Kansas City Chiefs cornerback and the Vikings fan base.

————

Good lord…

The way you play… STFU yourself.

What a dick! He gets paid millions of dollars to defend passes and he says that to fans who are pissed off at shelling out money to watch him botch play after play. Even the announcers yesterday were baffled that the Lions kept throwing to Peterson's side instead of going after Breeland like everyone else does.

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 428
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/11/2021 8:43:25 AM   
bohumm

quote:

ORIGINAL: ratoppenheimer

quote:

ORIGINAL: bohumm

I don't see virtue in firing Zimmer now because his staff has no one to take the reigns other than maybe Patterson, but to what end? Play out this year.

Spielman, however, can be gone sooner, unless as someone pointed out, the targeted replacement is on another team.

save the season...keep the fans interested...flip the football philosophy to 2021...what we have now is an embarrassment....

give it to 'son of kubiak' and tell him to 'score some phucking points, kid'!!....

Save the season? Flip to 2021? You're going to install a new offense at the bye?

What makes you think Kubiak is any better? Or is this the "can't be any worse" chorus, even though, of course, it can get much worse.

The fact that there's no one on the staff worth considering as a replacement is yet another indictment of the regime.
Post #: 429
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/11/2021 9:11:27 AM   
Mark Anderson

Missed the game yesterday.

Did Dantzler or Hand play?
Post #: 430
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/11/2021 9:13:17 AM   
Todd M

Maybe Kubiac's calls look better when he doesn't have Zimmer in his ear?

Whose call was it to test the waters before stepping on the gas on 1st down at the end of the 1st half?

There's some nice things to look at it when it appears we're driving wo adhering to Zimmer ball vs how it looks when Zimmer's likely influencing the tone of certain dives, certain situational circumstances.
Post #: 431
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/11/2021 9:31:42 AM   
bohumm

quote:

ORIGINAL: Todd M

Whose call was it to test the waters before stepping on the gas on 1st down at the end of the 1st half?

There's some nice things to look at it when it appears we're driving wo adhering to Zimmer ball vs how it looks when Zimmer's likely influencing the tone of certain dives, certain situational circumstances.

Definitely possible that things are incrementally better on offense, but this guy is a career assistant assistant, not a riser, who only got the job because he's like his dad, who was also his boss, on a staff that is Nepotism Central.

Hard pass on turning an organization over to him.
Post #: 432
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/11/2021 9:34:02 AM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

The question is: Is Zimmer stubborn enough to stick with his way of thinking knowing it will cost him his job at some point? Will Speilman or the Wilfs have that conversation with him?
Post #: 433
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/11/2021 9:39:50 AM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

quote:

Definitely possible that things are incrementally better on offense, but this guy is a career assistant assistant, not a riser, who only got the job because he's like his dad, who was also his boss, on a staff that is Nepotism Central.

Many better options.

College: Riley(OK), Shaw(Stanford), Fickell(CINN)

Pros: Daboll(Bills), Bienimey(KC), Dallas OC, Leftwich
Post #: 434
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/11/2021 9:41:21 AM   
Todd M

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mark Anderson

quote:

The question is: Is Zimmer stubborn enough to stick with his way of thinking knowing it will cost him his job at some point? Will Speilman or the Wilfs have that conversation with him?

I think the answer is yes. There's no changing ways. There's no talking or warnings. There's a dismissal when you've seen/had enough.
Post #: 435
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/11/2021 9:46:54 AM   
Todd M

quote:

quote:

For me as well. It's not so much giving anything over to him as it removing any obstacles. Let him call his own game. The assistant HC, Patterson, has to be given the interim job.

I'd literally do it now. Zimmer is clearly dragging us down.
Post #: 436
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/11/2021 9:47:30 AM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

quote:

quote:

I think the answer is yes. There's no changing ways. There's no talking or warnings. There's a dismissal when you've seen/had enough.

Even after a game that you played "not to lose" to the fullest effect?? With national and local media predicting dismissal.
Post #: 437
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/11/2021 9:50:50 AM   
Todd M

Wonder what Barr's grade will be getting back into action?

To me he was awful. I'm pretty sure damn near every 1st step was away from the action. He danced, was late to engage and looked like Cam Newton pulling away from his fumble.

It was hard pulling for him when he rarely popped. Now he's done.
Post #: 438
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/11/2021 9:55:36 AM   
David F.

I don’t know if a mid-season firing is the best thing for an organization or not. It feels warranted in our case. Worrying about how the team will function without a proven poor head coach feels to me like trying to diffuse a bomb that’s already gone off. The damage is already done. My biggest concern going forward is that by doing nothing the wilfs are conveying the message that mediocrity is tolerated within the organization.

I wouldn't give ANY qb $30-50+ mil unless that QB had won me a Super Bowl. Did you win a Super Bowl on your rookie deal? Yes? Great! Here's your hugenormous contract. F it let's just run victory laps and love life. No? Good luck. Next!
Post #: 439
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/11/2021 9:56:31 AM   
Todd M

Is mask protocol even a thing any more?

I haven't been around for a while so not sure if it's been talked about week to week.

I seen some masking early but it wasn't consistent. Seems completely absent now. Did some of the major players get the shot?

< Message edited by Todd M -- 10/11/2021 9:57:39 AM >
Post #: 440
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/11/2021 10:01:03 AM   
bohumm

quote:

ORIGINAL: David F.

I don’t know if a mid-season firing is the best thing for an organization or not. It feels warranted in our case. Worrying about how the team will function without a proven poor head coach feels to me like trying to diffuse a bomb that’s already gone off. The damage is already done. My biggest concern going forward is that by doing nothing the wilfs are conveying the message that mediocrity is tolerated within the organization.

I'm just worried about properly evaluating players who should be part of the plan moving forward, and that can be hard to do when you add a variable of chaos to the play-calling and organization.

I currently feel done with this regime, though they seem like decent people so there's still a part of me that's sympathetic to them. The problem is that if they stay mediocre or better, I think the Wilfs are inclined to keep them, just like we keep players well beyond their "use-by" date.
Post #: 441
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/11/2021 10:01:48 AM   
bohumm

quote:

Is mask protocol even a thing any more?

I haven't been around for a while so not sure if it's been talked about week to week.

I seen some masking early but it wasn't consistent. Seems completely absent now. Did some of the major players get the shot?

I think Kirk got vaccinated, because he doesn't seem to be masked on the sideline and he's a rule-follower.
Post #: 442
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/11/2021 10:10:28 AM   
thebigo

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Even after a game that you played "not to lose" to the fullest effect?? With national and local media predicting dismissal.

Speaking of the national media, during last night's game extended halftime show Dungy was talking about our division, on the Vikes he said they could easily be 5-0/4-1, and if we keep playing like we are, we'll be right in the middle of the race.
Post #: 443
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/11/2021 10:14:16 AM   
thebigo

quote:

Missed the game yesterday.

Did Dantzler or Hand play?

No. Neither did either of our starting DTs.
Post #: 444
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/11/2021 10:15:39 AM   
bohumm

quote:

ORIGINAL: thebigo

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Speaking of the national media, during last night's game extended halftime show Dungy was talking about our division, on the Vikes he said they could easily be 5-0/4-1, and if we keep playing like we are, we'll be right in the middle of the race.

I agree with the notion that our record could be much better, but if we keep playing like we are, we will lose about two-thirds of our remaining games.

We haven't scored an offensive TD in the second half since Week 1, and we keep giving up points at the end of the first half. Those aren't elements of a winning formula.
Post #: 445
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/11/2021 10:24:13 AM   
bohumm

I don't see Kubiak being held back so much as overmatched. He's had some nice play calls and route combinations that I can remember, but more memorable are a total lack of vision, no/poor adjustments, and zero second-half TDs in the last four games. An average of 5 second-half points all year.

Zero second-half TDs in the last four games. No Vikings in the EZ.

In fact, fire him, too. What makes anyone think he's good?

Seriously. 35 second-half points all year, 18 in the last 4 weeks. 4.5 points per second half. A FG and a half after halftime.

Maybe fire him first.
Post #: 446
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/11/2021 10:32:25 AM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

To me he was awful. I'm pretty sure damn near every 1st step was away from the action. He danced, was late to engage and looked like Cam Newton pulling away from his fumble.

I think he changed due to one or a combo of two things. He started doing commercials and has visions of Hollywood. He took the concussion stuff seriously and said hitting is not for me.

Tens of millions from football paychecks from unearned effort are simply helping with the transition.
Post #: 447
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/11/2021 10:38:11 AM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

I don't see Kubiak being held back so much as overmatched. He's had some nice play calls and route combinations that I can remember, but more memorable are a total lack of vision, no/poor adjustments, and zero second-half TDs in the last four games. An average of 5 second-half points all year.

Zero second-half TDs in the last four games. No Vikings in the EZ.

In fact, fire him, too. What makes anyone think he's good?

Seriously. 35 second-half points all year, 18 in the last 4 weeks. 4.5 points per second half. A FG and a half after halftime.

Maybe fire him first.

I shouldn't have to explain this, but Kubiak is scheduled to learn the concept of halftime adjustments next offseason.
Post #: 448
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/11/2021 10:39:23 AM   
Trekgeekscott

I would like to say that although we won. This was a pathetic display of football.

We damn near lost.

Joseph is the hero....but if he had just made that FG a few minutes before that he wouldn't have had to be the last second hero.

Can Cousins learn how to run a two minute dr......wait.

3rd and 16 throw an 8 yard dump pass to a receiver with a DB waiting to tackle him...Yeah that'll work.

Lions coach has some guts. some balls, Score a TD. **** hitting the extra point for a tie. Go for the two point conversion for the win.... I wish our coaches weren't so risk averse. I seriously think they play scared.

The most predicable drive of the afternoon. Vikings up by 7, time getting short. Ineffective run. followed by ineffective run. followed by ineffetive run with a fumble putting the other team in position to tie, or in this case take a lead late. IF SOME NOVICE LIKE ME CAN SEE THIS SERIES OF PLAYS COMING A MILE AWAY SO CAN A PROFESSIONAL DC.

It's amazing when Rodgers has 37 seconds left and drives his team into FG range for the game winning FG. Cousins does it with 33 seconds....crickets.

Someone else pointed out Kubiak isn't adjusting to adjustments being made. Our offense goes into a cocoon in the second half of games.

We barely beat a bad team.

This victory seems exceedingly Pyrrhic .

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn't work if it's not open. Frank Zappa
Post #: 449
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/11/2021 10:43:12 AM   
David Levine

quote:

We came so damn close to having him be the JETS problem...
Post #: 450
Page:   <<   < prev  16 17 [18] 19 20   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  16 17 [18] 19 20   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode