Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: General Vikes Talk

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  17 18 [19] 20 21   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/11/2021 10:43:14 AM   
bstinger

quote:

ORIGINAL: bohumm

quote:

ORIGINAL: Todd M

Is mask protocol even a thing any more?

I haven't been around for a while so not sure if it's been talked about week to week.

I seen some masking early but it wasn't consistent. Seems completely absent now. Did some of the major players get the shot?

I think Kirk got vaccinated, because he doesn't seem to be masked on the sideline and he's a rule-follower.

Kirk did bring a mask to the press conference.

"You guys are true athletes!"

--twinsfan
Post #: 451
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/11/2021 10:50:50 AM   
bohumm

quote:

ORIGINAL: bstinger

quote:

quote:

I haven't been around for a while so not sure if it's been talked about week to week.

I seen some masking early but it wasn't consistent. Seems completely absent now. Did some of the major players get the shot?

I think Kirk got vaccinated, because he doesn't seem to be masked on the sideline and he's a rule-follower.

I have zero basis other than knowing Kirk is a boy scout and in sporadic shots of him on the sideline, I haven't noticed him wearing a mask in at least a few weeks while Cook and others have.
Post #: 452
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/11/2021 11:15:09 AM  1 votes
Mark Anderson

quote:

quote:

In your medical opinion, shouldn't a vaccinated player be able to have a negative test in 5-6 days after a positive test?

Also, in your medical opinion, does the vaccine wear out in time(thus the push for boosters)?
Post #: 453
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/11/2021 11:16:20 AM   
David F.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Johanesen

quote:

Wonder what Barr's grade will be getting back into action?

To me he was awful. I'm pretty sure damn near every 1st step was away from the action. He danced, was late to engage and looked like Cam Newton pulling away from his fumble.

It was hard pulling for him when he rarely popped. Now he's done.

I think he changed due to one or a combo of two things. He started doing commercials and has visions of Hollywood. He took the concussion stuff seriously and said hitting is not for me.

Tens of millions from football paychecks from unearned effort are simply helping with the transition.

Barr graded out dead last of defensive starters and second-to-last among alll defensive players.

I wouldn't give ANY qb $30-50+ mil unless that QB had won me a Super Bowl. Did you win a Super Bowl on your rookie deal? Yes? Great! Here's your hugenormous contract. F it let's just run victory laps and love life. No? Good luck. Next!
Post #: 454
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/11/2021 11:17:59 AM   
David F.

Kirk and Jetts graded out #1 and #2 on offense. So of course we took the ball away from them in the second half. They could have doubled their output had we just used them.

I wouldn't give ANY qb $30-50+ mil unless that QB had won me a Super Bowl. Did you win a Super Bowl on your rookie deal? Yes? Great! Here's your hugenormous contract. F it let's just run victory laps and love life. No? Good luck. Next!
Post #: 455
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/11/2021 11:25:21 AM  1 votes
Trekgeekscott

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mark Anderson

quote:

quote:

In your medical opinion, shouldn't a vaccinated player be able to have a negative test in 5-6 days after a positive test?

Also, in your medical opinion, does the vaccine wear out in time(thus the push for boosters)?

Oh please, please please let's not turn the Vikings thread into a discussion on vaccination and vaccines in general.

Please.

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn't work if it's not open. Frank Zappa
Post #: 456
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/11/2021 11:37:30 AM   
bohumm

quote:

quote:

quote:

So I'm not a doctor or immunologist or anything, so this is just my understanding, but a vaccinated player will have a positive test as long as there's a detectable amount of COVID in his system. IOW, it depends how sick he gets and how well his body fights it off. I don't know the range of timelines probabilistically, but it could in theory be days to weeks. As for the vaccine and boosters, there seems to be a reduction in protection over time, so an effective booster would be desirable at the right point for each vaccine.
Post #: 457
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/11/2021 11:39:16 AM   
bohumm

quote:

ORIGINAL: David F.

Kirk and Jetts graded out #1 and #2 on offense. So of course we took the ball away from them in the second half. They could have doubled their output had we just used them.

The players did not seem to be the problem whatsoever yesterday, including the OL. No one was perfect, and only JJ was stellar, but the playcalling was abysmal.
Post #: 458
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/11/2021 11:42:22 AM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

So I'm not a doctor or immunologist or anything, so this is just my understanding, but a vaccinated player will have a positive test as long as there's a detectable amount of COVID in his system. IOW, it depends how sick he gets and how well his body fights it off. I don't know the range of timelines probabilistically, but it could in theory be days to weeks. As for the vaccine and boosters, there seems to be a reduction in protection over time, so an effective booster would be desirable at the right point for each vaccine.

I thought you were a doctor.
Post #: 459
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/11/2021 11:44:39 AM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Trekgeekscott

quote:

quote:

quote:

Oh please, please please let's not turn the Vikings thread into a discussion on vaccination and vaccines in general.

Please.

Sorry. Just wondering, if someone like Hunter or JJ tests positive, if we could possibly have them for the game that week.
Post #: 460
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/11/2021 11:46:04 AM   
bohumm

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Not even close. Respiratory Therapist and Respiratory Therapy Instructor. I did run a brief Ponzi scheme where I posed as a doctor; sorry if you got caught up in that, but also thanks.
Post #: 461
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/11/2021 11:47:05 AM   
bohumm

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Please.

Sorry. Just wondering, if someone like Hunter or JJ tests positive, if we could possibly have them for the game that week.

It's possible, but I'd say unlikely.
Post #: 462
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/11/2021 11:52:29 AM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

quote:

The players did not seem to be the problem whatsoever yesterday, including the OL. No one was perfect, and only JJ was stellar, but the playcalling was abysmal.

I shouldn’t have to explain this to you but if the greatest offensive attack in world history was alternaing runs between left guard and right guard, why would you expect girlie passy-gassy fluff?

< Message edited by Tom Sykes -- 10/11/2021 12:19:12 PM >
Post #: 463
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/11/2021 11:52:49 AM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Not even close. Respiratory Therapist and Respiratory Therapy Instructor. I did run a brief Ponzi scheme where I posed as a doctor; sorry if you got caught up in that, but also thanks.

Okay. Still the closest(to a doctor) we got on here.
Post #: 464
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/11/2021 12:35:33 PM   
Richard Neussendorfer

quote:

I would like to say that although we won. This was a pathetic display of football.

We damn near lost.

Joseph is the hero....but if he had just made that FG a few minutes before that he wouldn't have had to be the last second hero.

Can Cousins learn how to run a two minute dr......wait.

3rd and 16 throw an 8 yard dump pass to a receiver with a DB waiting to tackle him...Yeah that'll work.

Lions coach has some guts. some balls, Score a TD. **** hitting the extra point for a tie. Go for the two point conversion for the win.... I wish our coaches weren't so risk averse. I seriously think they play scared.

The most predicable drive of the afternoon. Vikings up by 7, time getting short. Ineffective run. followed by ineffective run. followed by ineffetive run with a fumble putting the other team in position to tie, or in this case take a lead late. IF SOME NOVICE LIKE ME CAN SEE THIS SERIES OF PLAYS COMING A MILE AWAY SO CAN A PROFESSIONAL DC.

It's amazing when Rodgers has 37 seconds left and drives his team into FG range for the game winning FG. Cousins does it with 33 seconds....crickets.

Someone else pointed out Kubiak isn't adjusting to adjustments being made. Our offense goes into a cocoon in the second half of games.

We barely beat a bad team.

This victory seems exceedingly Pyrrhic .

I've been saying for a while that I'm not ready to judge players on this team fully until we get rid of the dinosaur. Kirk has been pretty good imo when he has to take risks for sure!
Post #: 465
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/11/2021 12:36:45 PM  1 votes
Richard Neussendorfer

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: bstinger

quote:

quote:

I have zero basis other than knowing Kirk is a boy scout and in sporadic shots of him on the sideline, I haven't noticed him wearing a mask in at least a few weeks while Cook and others have.

Who cares. Can they play their positions?
Post #: 466
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/11/2021 12:48:24 PM   
David F.

We haven’t scored an offensive TD in the second half since week 1. In that span we’re averaging 4.5 points PER SECOND HALF.

Post #: 467
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/11/2021 12:50:11 PM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

We haven’t scored an offensive TD in the second half since week 1. In that span we’re averaging 4.5 points PER SECOND HALF.

that is a sign that the OC struggles to adapt to what the opposing teams half time adjustments.

Kubiak is overmatched . He wasn't ready for this role.

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn't work if it's not open. Frank Zappa
Post #: 468
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/11/2021 1:27:51 PM   
TJSweens

quote:

quote:

that is a sign that the OC struggles to adapt to what the opposing teams half time adjustments.

I don't know how much he is overmatched and how much is having his hands tied. I think a lot of the predictable elements like the automatic run on 2nd and 10+ is a Zimmer directive. It's been the same strategy from OC to OC under Zimmer.

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 469
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/11/2021 1:39:17 PM   
David F.

quote:

ORIGINAL: TJSweens

quote:

quote:

I don't know how much he is overmatched and how much is having his hands tied. I think a lot of the predictable elements like the automatic run on 2nd and 10+ is a Zimmer directive. It's been the same strategy from OC to OC under Zimmer.

These are questions a good journalist would ask during an interview or press conference. Maybe that one that Zimmer dislikes so much will ask that at some point this week. I sure hope so.

Post #: 470
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/11/2021 1:41:37 PM   
TJSweens

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

These are questions a good journalist would ask during an interview or press conference. Maybe that one that Zimmer dislikes so much will ask that at some point this week. I sure hope so.

It's just interesting that the only OC to defy Zimmer was Flip and he got fired half way through one season for calling too many passes.

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 471
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/11/2021 1:56:18 PM   
David Levine

Chris Tomasson@christomasson
#Vikings Bashaud Breeland has moved up in the Pro Football Focus rankings of NFL cornerbacks. After being No. 103 of 103 last week, he is now No. 109 out of 112.
Post #: 472
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/11/2021 1:57:50 PM   
Richard Neussendorfer

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

It's just interesting that the only OC to defy Zimmer was Flip and he got fired half way through one season for calling too many passes.

Good points by both of you.
Post #: 473
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/11/2021 2:03:58 PM   
Richard Neussendorfer

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Levine

Chris Tomasson@christomasson
#Vikings Bashaud Breeland has moved up in the Pro Football Focus rankings of NFL cornerbacks. After being No. 103 of 103 last week, he is now No. 109 out of 112.

How he's not cut yet is beyond me.
Post #: 474
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/11/2021 2:15:52 PM   
David Levine

Since once something is on the internet, its there forever, here is the tweet:

Post #: 475
Page:   <<   < prev  17 18 [19] 20 21   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  17 18 [19] 20 21   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode