Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: General Vikes Talk

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  19 20 [21] 22 23   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/11/2021 5:38:59 PM   
thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Johanesen

Zygi should step in and fire Breeland.

Post #: 501
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/11/2021 5:58:57 PM   
Todd M

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Levine

Breeland doesn't seem like the sharpest marble in the drawer, but even he probably understands that Chris Tomasson is one person...

It was clearly aimed at the fans.

Breeland made that comment what
..1/2 hr after the game? There's no Tommson tweet or report to respond to in that time. He's clearly responding to the fans.

He's been way to terrible to fire back anything...to anyone.
Post #: 502
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/11/2021 6:30:42 PM   
David F.

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: TJSweens

quote:

Eric Eager@PFF_Eric
Even with a turbulent week 1, Klint Kubiak is currently the highest-rated offensive play caller using our @PFF offensive play caller rating system through week 3 #Vikings

So far he's answered the call better than anyone expected

8:25 AM · Sep 29, 2021

------------

Eric Eager@PFF_Eric
after a good first three weeks, Klint Kubiak has learned exactly what it means to be a Viking, as his rating has fallen to 16th/32

1:59 PM · Oct 11, 2021

PFF must value predictability in a play caller.

We did score 24, 33 and 30 points those games.

I think the point of the tweet was to show that kubiak started out with excellent play calling but then regressed. Could imply he was told to change the way he’s doing it.

I wouldn't give ANY qb $30-50+ mil unless that QB had won me a Super Bowl. Did you win a Super Bowl on your rookie deal? Yes? Great! Here's your hugenormous contract. F it let's just run victory laps and love life. No? Good luck. Next!
Post #: 503
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/11/2021 6:35:05 PM   
Richard Neussendorfer

quote:

ORIGINAL: David F.

quote:

quote:

quote:

Eric Eager@PFF_Eric
Even with a turbulent week 1, Klint Kubiak is currently the highest-rated offensive play caller using our @PFF offensive play caller rating system through week 3 #Vikings

------------

Eric Eager@PFF_Eric
after a good first three weeks, Klint Kubiak has learned exactly what it means to be a Viking, as his rating has fallen to 16th/32

I think the point of the tweet was to show that kubiak started out with excellent play calling but then regressed. Could imply he was told to change the way he’s doing it.

Wouldn't surprise anyone I don't think.
Post #: 504
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/11/2021 6:37:58 PM   
David Levine

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Eric Eager@PFF_Eric

------------

Eric Eager@PFF_Eric

I think the point is that once teams saw what we were doing they adjusted and he didn't...
Post #: 505
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/11/2021 7:02:21 PM   
odin

Zimmer was right! Barr doing things that just don't show up in the boxscore!:

https://twitter.com/i/status/1447271752522940421https://twitter.com/i/status/1447271752522940421

Post #: 506
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/11/2021 9:13:15 PM   
Bill Jandro

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Eric Eager@PFF_Eric

------------

Eric Eager@PFF_Eric

I can picture Zime with his mic telling Kubes on 1st down "run" ok, then it's second and ten. Zim says "run" again, so third and ten. Ok "pass"

Oline...early and often this draft
Post #: 507
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/11/2021 10:52:28 PM   
marty

It would be interesting what the team might be like with a different HC, and either Mond, or one of the 1st round QBs drafted.

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 508
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/11/2021 11:07:15 PM   
marty

I doubt Zimmer was telling Kubiak to dial it down, Kubiak has that family line of primarily running the ball.

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 509
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/11/2021 11:12:13 PM   
marty

Should have kept Billick, or Dungy, or Tomlin, or Stefanski.

Tomlin seemed the most obvious to keep.

I liked Mike McCarthy or John Harbaugh at one time as Viking HCs, because having won a SB, they know what needs to be done.

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 510
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/12/2021 9:06:19 AM   
TJSweens

quote:

ORIGINAL: marty
I doubt Zimmer was telling Kubiak to dial it down, Kubiak has that family line of primarily running the ball.

Could be, but like I said before, the only OC under Zim who deviated from 3 yards and a cloud of dust got fired mid-season.

When it was 2nd and 17 on Sunday, my son texted me ..."We're gonna run it". After the run for a 2 yard gain, he texted that next week he was going to find a bar where you can predict the next play for money and clean up betting run on 2nd and 10.

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 511
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/12/2021 9:40:29 AM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Eric Eager@PFF_Eric

------------

Eric Eager@PFF_Eric

I think the point is that once teams saw what we were doing they adjusted and he didn't...

I agree.

I really think Zimmer is more about efficiency than adjustment. I mean, adjustments go on before game and during game but the endgame is hold on to the ball and deny the other team the ball … and every adjustment is just a riff off of time of possession. Therefore the pregame charismatic snake rituals to third down%.

Its true of most my-way-or-highway people … this is the way … the focus isnt creativity or reinvention or ‘the other’, its on ‘me’ and doing what I do better.

Clan Kubiak are similar only their focus is on the efficiency of their family zone blocking heirloom. A perfect storm of knowing ourselves as well as possible at the expense of understanding and reacting to your opponent. IMO
Post #: 512
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/12/2021 10:52:57 AM   
TJSweens

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tom Sykes
quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Eric Eager@PFF_Eric

------------

Eric Eager@PFF_Eric

I agree.

I really think Zimmer is more about efficiency than adjustment. I mean, adjustments go on before game and during game but the endgame is hold on to the ball and deny the other team the ball … and every adjustment is just a riff off of time of possession. Therefore the pregame charismatic snake rituals to third down%.

Its true of most my-way-or-highway people … this is the way … the focus isnt creativity or reinvention or ‘the other’, its on ‘me’ and doing what I do better.

Clan Kubiak are similar only their focus is on the efficiency of their family zone blocking heirloom. A perfect storm of knowing ourselves as well as possible at the expense of understanding and reacting to your opponent. IMO

Good post. Sums it up nicely. Zimmer operates as if all that is required to defeat another team's adjustment is to execute better.

The Kubiak "family zone blocking heirloom" is a microcosm of the Zimm philosophy. Ben Leber made a good point about it. The zone block philosophy was extremely effective when it was introduced years ago against fronts that emphasized size and strength. The Kubiak zone scheme was set up to make those big, heavy guys chase. The league adapted by emphasizing speed and athleticism on the defensive fronts. Suddenly those guys up front were harder to square up on those quick blocks and were able to recover faster and were fast enough to pursue.

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 513
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/12/2021 11:17:41 AM   
thebigo

Just filled out the Lions game day survey, according to that mask wearing is mandatory in the stadium at all times, except when eating/drinking.

Post #: 514
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/12/2021 11:32:35 AM   
bohumm

quote:

ORIGINAL: thebigo

Just filled out the Lions game day survey, according to that mask wearing is mandatory in the stadium at all times, except when eating/drinking.

Were people masked, for the most part? I find that out here---even for me and others who are OK with masking---that "eating/drinking" exception can at times essentially mean no/little masking where eating and drinking MAY be going on.
Post #: 515
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/12/2021 11:57:57 AM   
thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: bohumm

quote:

ORIGINAL: thebigo

Were people masked, for the most part? I find that out here---even for me and others who are OK with masking---that "eating/drinking" exception can at times essentially mean no/little masking where eating and drinking MAY be going on.

My guesstimate is about 1 to 2% of the fans masked. Just looked at the US Bank stadium website and they say fan-masking is just recommended. Frankly I think that survey was just screwy
Post #: 516
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/12/2021 12:45:34 PM   
ratoppenheimer

...while he was working for ESPN as a color analyst during “Monday Night Football.” In the emails, Gruden called the league’s commissioner, Roger Goodell, a “faggot” and a “clueless anti-football pussy” and said that Goodell should not have pressured Jeff Fisher, then the coach of the Rams, to draft “queers,” a reference to Michael Sam, a gay player chosen by the team in 2014.

the journey...is paradise.
Post #: 517
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/12/2021 12:49:20 PM   
ronhextall

quote:

ORIGINAL: ratoppenheimer

...while he was working for ESPN as a color analyst during “Monday Night Football.” In the emails, Gruden called the league’s commissioner, Roger Goodell, a “faggot” and a “clueless anti-football pussy” and said that Goodell should not have pressured Jeff Fisher, then the coach of the Rams, to draft “queers,” a reference to Michael Sam, a gay player chosen by the team in 2014.

Best theory I have heard is the commissioner leaked the emails to the press as revenge.

Regardless he had to go. It wasn't one or two isolated emails, it was a pattern of flame throwing offensive remarks.

I do find it interesting that the theory of the NFL forcing somebody to draft Sam seems to get some legitimacy with that email. Of course it could have just been speculation by Gruden and he may not know anymore than me.
Post #: 518
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/12/2021 6:32:27 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Eric Eager@PFF_Eric

------------

Eric Eager@PFF_Eric

Regardless of the purpose of the tweet, the information in it may be Kubiak's failure to adjust at halftime on a larger scale. Seems any new coordinator should be able to get away with a few things the first few games, until DCs figure him out.

No more nepotism!
Post #: 519
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/12/2021 6:52:43 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

ORIGINAL: ronhextall

quote:

ORIGINAL: ratoppenheimer

Best theory I have heard is the commissioner leaked the emails to the press as revenge.

Regardless he had to go. It wasn't one or two isolated emails, it was a pattern of flame throwing offensive remarks.

I do find it interesting that the theory of the NFL forcing somebody to draft Sam seems to get some legitimacy with that email. Of course it could have just been speculation by Gruden and he may not know anymore than me.

A lot has changed in ten years. Read today in BBC or Reuters that the upcoming DC comics Superman is the son of Superman. He is bisexual and dates a Japanese guy. He has helped combat forest fires caused by climate change, intervened in a high school shooting, and protested deporting refugees. Editor or someone said all comics have always had a political theme. Guess I wasn't astute enough to see that with The Hulk & Co.
Post #: 520
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/12/2021 6:57:02 PM   
Bill Johanesen

One time some dude was getting away in a car. Now The Hulk could have jumped a couple of times and got him. Instead, he just picked up an end of the road and just shook it, like you would a hallway rug. The dude and his car went flying off due to the whiplash effect and crashed.

Another time he simply pounded The Thing vertically into the ground.

That is creative bad ass.

< Message edited by Bill Johanesen -- 10/12/2021 6:58:02 PM >
Post #: 521
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/13/2021 11:12:18 AM   
marty

Interesting question on NFL satellite radio yesterday, came from a Vikings' fan, but neither commentator answered the question.

The question was if the Vikings fired the HC, should they, or will they also start with a new GM.

Instead of answering the question, the commentator stated that Zimmer just got an extension, has had a few tough breaks in losses, and he thinks the Vikes are about to go on a run.

Nevermind that they just got by the Lions at home.

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 522
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/13/2021 11:36:06 AM   
David F.

quote:

Interesting question on NFL satellite radio yesterday, came from a Vikings' fan, but neither commentator answered the question.

The question was if the Vikings fired the HC, should they, or will they also start with a new GM.

Instead of answering the question, the commentator stated that Zimmer just got an extension, has had a few tough breaks in losses, and he thinks the Vikes are about to go on a run.

I was listening to that also. It was Pat Kirwan and Jim Miller. These guys NEVER take a stance against a sitting coach or GM. Once they're gone then they'll point out mistakes made but before hand it's nothing but puppies and rainbows. I like their show but this is one area where they're not very true to their professional journalism.

I wouldn't give ANY qb $30-50+ mil unless that QB had won me a Super Bowl. Did you win a Super Bowl on your rookie deal? Yes? Great! Here's your hugenormous contract. F it let's just run victory laps and love life. No? Good luck. Next!
Post #: 523
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/13/2021 11:59:41 AM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Johanesen

One time some dude was getting away in a car. Now The Hulk could have jumped a couple of times and got him. Instead, he just picked up an end of the road and just shook it, like you would a hallway rug. The dude and his car went flying off due to the whiplash effect and crashed.

Another time he simply pounded The Thing vertically into the ground.

That is creative bad ass.

Hulk vs the ever-loving Thing.

I used to love the Thing's 'now its my turn' bravado, only to figure out the Hulk wasn't done yet. Badass even in defeat.

Classic silver/bronze age stuff.
Post #: 524
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/13/2021 12:13:20 PM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

Even with the tough tough schedule ... this team DOES feel like it can go on a 3-4 game run. We have as much talent as the next guy, more than a lot.

Unfortunately, it doesn't matter whether the other team is good or bad – we will shoot ourselves in the foot against anybody. So sustaining that run seems very very unlikely.

There should be a natural development / we should be better in 4-6 weeks than last week ...

but the hallmark of the Zimmer era is up and down football. We don't respond well when the stakes raise.
Post #: 525
Page:   <<   < prev  19 20 [21] 22 23   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  19 20 [21] 22 23   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode