Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: General Vikes Talk

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  34 35 [36] 37 38   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/1/2021 12:15:10 PM   
ronhextall

quote:

ORIGINAL: David F.

Oh boy...

Will Ragatz
@WillRagatz
Thielen: "If you're not frustrated, there's something wrong with you, and you shouldn't be on this team, you shouldn't be a coach."

Starting to think Thielen or Zimmer will be gone next year.
Post #: 876
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/1/2021 12:19:36 PM   
David F.

quote:

ORIGINAL: ronhextall

quote:

Oh boy...

Will Ragatz
@WillRagatz
Thielen: "If you're not frustrated, there's something wrong with you, and you shouldn't be on this team, you shouldn't be a coach."

I don't expect Zimmer to last through today.

I wouldn't give ANY qb $30-50+ mil unless that QB had won me a Super Bowl. Did you win a Super Bowl on your rookie deal? Yes? Great! Here's your hugenormous contract. F it let's just run victory laps and love life. No? Good luck. Next!
Post #: 877
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/1/2021 12:20:04 PM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

quote:

Oh boy...

Will Ragatz
@WillRagatz

I would hope that if it is one of those two that it be Zimmer.

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn't work if it's not open. Frank Zappa
Post #: 878
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/1/2021 12:22:37 PM   
Daniel Lee Young

Why is it so obvious.. to every stinking one.. but the Wilfs.. that the game has passed Zimmer by, that our best players are not happy with this inexcusable offense, and that the contracts and players that Spielman acquires and then hangs onto way, way too long, is their responsibility to fix

#boycottZimmerball

"Thou shall not bear false witness”
I am WRATH, incarnate.
@RlyeeNicole’sDad
Post #: 879
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/1/2021 12:38:37 PM   
David F.

Cousins' passing chart from last night:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FDFE940WQAQMkcm?format=jpg&name=900x900

I wouldn't give ANY qb $30-50+ mil unless that QB had won me a Super Bowl. Did you win a Super Bowl on your rookie deal? Yes? Great! Here's your hugenormous contract. F it let's just run victory laps and love life. No? Good luck. Next!
Post #: 880
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/1/2021 12:43:45 PM   
ronhextall

quote:

ORIGINAL: Daniel Lee Young

Why is it so obvious.. to every stinking one.. but the Wilfs.. that the game has passed Zimmer by, that our best players are not happy with this inexcusable offense, and that the contracts and players that Spielman acquires and then hangs onto way, way too long, is their responsibility to fix

#boycottZimmerball

Hoping Thielen piping up gets Wilfs attention.
Post #: 881
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/1/2021 12:59:24 PM   
thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mark Anderson

quote:

quote:

Literally every stereotype played out tonight. Prime time kirt, zimmer after bye, zimmer vs teams with winning records, clock management, last two minutes of halves, and surprise back up nobody QBs eating our lunch while doing our girlfriends. Did I miss anything?

Crowd seemed a little quiet tonight(not that they had a lot to cheer about). Too many cocktails?

Nope. By early 2nd quarter, it was clear that the offense was sleep walking through the game with the "no turnover and we can't lose" mindset. And from my observation, 110 decibels doesn't seem to help our defensive performance.
Post #: 882
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/1/2021 1:00:59 PM   
thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: HL OSWALD

Bashaud Breeland
@Bree2Land6

When they think u not dependable u show em u all they need!!!!!Big time players make big time plays in big time games!!!!!!

Guess he showed us all

WTF is he talking about?
Post #: 883
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/1/2021 1:09:06 PM   
odin

https://mobile.twitter.com/ChadGraff/status/1455000481269358593/photo/1Chickenshit checkdown
Post #: 884
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/1/2021 1:13:59 PM   
David F.

quote:

ORIGINAL: odin

https://mobile.twitter.com/ChadGraff/status/1455000481269358593/photo/1Chickenshit checkdown

I remember that play when it happened. The camera angle for TV was from behind Kirk looking downfield. Thielen wide open was visible.

Post #: 885
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/1/2021 1:21:43 PM   
Todd M

quote:

quote:

I remember that play when it happened. The camera angle for TV was from behind Kirk looking downfield. Thielen wide open was visible.

That's about a damning thing as I've ever seen. How can any fan have confidence in this team going forward?
Post #: 886
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/1/2021 1:23:13 PM   
Richard Neussendorfer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Todd M

quote:

quote:

That's about a damning thing as I've ever seen. How can any fan have confidence in this team going forward?

If you really care about the patient getting well you should have zero confidence in this regime.
Post #: 887
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/1/2021 1:23:23 PM   
Todd M

Wonder what the camera would show when that play got blown up later in the 4th as well.
Post #: 888
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/1/2021 1:25:23 PM   
Richard Neussendorfer

quote:

quote:

quote:

Oh boy...

Will Ragatz
@WillRagatz

You have some insider info?
Post #: 889
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/1/2021 1:28:15 PM   
David Levine

quote:

ORIGINAL: paulgly

I've had season tickets since 2004 so I've seen several crowds with a sense of resignation, apathy, whatever. We're there folks...and I can't blame anyone. It was very much a 'prove it' crowd and they did nothing. Any time the fans started to get involved, there would be a 3rd down conversion, 3 and out, etc.

Can't add much to what anyone else said. This is as bad a loss as I can remember. We're going nowhere with the current regime which pains me to say because I was team Zim/Spiel until pretty much the Philly game where Zim got his coaching ass handed to him. We're 2 years late in the rebuild, but I will say if it's any consolation I feel like it's finally going to happen. Zim is getting murdered on Twitter - and not just by casual fans. The only hope is that he and Spiel are truly a package deal. Spiels continued whiffs on high round draft picks (with a few obvious exceptions) and misguided contract extensions (most of which were identified when they were happening) are also a major reason we are what we are.

Cousins is the ultimate tease because he can play but he's so damn robotic. I can't freaking believe he is unwilling and/or not allowed to take timeouts in the 2 minute drill. When I saw that today, I almost spit out my Irish coffee.

I would not be surprised if Spielman gets another chance with a new HC.

It seems like there is too much of the "we're not playing up to our talent" talk, so Spielman may coast by on that.

I think both need to be gone, but I think that may be asking too much of the clueless Wilfs.
Post #: 890
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/1/2021 1:28:30 PM   
Todd M

If this team had a QB and coach with heart, guts, or whatever other arbitrary intangible you want ho assign...who attacked with Thelen and JJ and used it to set up PA pass with Cook we'd be fun and competitive.
Post #: 891
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/1/2021 1:30:08 PM   
David Levine

quote:

It's one thing to throw to a wide-open fullback. It's another to throw to your fullback with two defenders barreling down and a Pro Bowl WR open behind him. This led to another three-and-out.

Post #: 892
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/1/2021 1:30:10 PM   
David F.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Richard Neussendorfer

quote:

quote:

quote:

Oh boy...

Will Ragatz
@WillRagatz

I wish. I'm just going by fan reaction/twitter/sportscasters. I've never seen this big of a vote of no confidence. Even Chilly never got to this point. He was overall bad but didn't have a moment like yesterday.

Post #: 893
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/1/2021 1:32:32 PM   
Richard Neussendorfer

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Richard Neussendorfer

quote:

quote:

quote:

Oh boy...

Will Ragatz
@WillRagatz

I wish. I'm just going by fan reaction/twitter/sportscasters. I've never seen this big of a vote of no confidence. Even Chilly never got to this point. He was overall bad but didn't have a moment like yesterday.

I've said for years that Zimmer is worse than Chili. I don't even know if it's close!!
Post #: 894
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/1/2021 1:34:07 PM   
joejitsu

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Levine

Ben Goessling@GoesslingStrib
Danielle Hunter is having an MRI on his injured shoulder this morning, but the initial concern was the defensive end tore his pectoral muscle, according to a league source. If that turns out to be the case, it’d be a massive blow for the #Vikings defense.

I hope he's fine and plays for the rest of the year. I don't want to give Zim any reason to point to why he was not successful this year. The only way things are going to change is from the top down. I like the guy, but I think he has to go, sooner rather than later.
Post #: 895
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/1/2021 1:36:11 PM   
joejitsu

quote:

quote:

quote:

Yep. Plain as the nose on your face. But, is this a Cousins problem (Captain Checkdown) or is this a game plan problem (go for the easy pass and pray we make it to the sticks)? We're screwed either way.
Post #: 896
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/1/2021 1:40:08 PM   
Richard Neussendorfer

quote:

ORIGINAL: joejitsu

quote:

quote:

quote:

Yep. Plain as the nose on your face. But, is this a Cousins problem (Captain Checkdown) or is this a game plan problem (go for the easy pass and pray we make it to the sticks)? We're screwed either way.

Let's be real. Even if it was a game plan problem no qb worth a damn is going to take check downs all day. Kind of like him not taking a timeout. It's like we have a wooden doll for a qb.
Post #: 897
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/1/2021 1:42:02 PM   
Ricky J

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Levine

quote:

It's one thing to throw to a wide-open fullback. It's another to throw to your fullback with two defenders barreling down and a Pro Bowl WR open behind him. This led to another three-and-out.

I was in the endzone behind this play - truly a WTF moment.

[I was going to come up and say "hi" Todd but it just seemed so far away ...]

- seriously bummed ... even through it all we should of easily enough been able to extend the night with OT; nope!

- but sometimes you have to really F up to learn something
Post #: 898
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/1/2021 1:42:11 PM   
David Levine

quote:

Oh boy...

Will Ragatz
@WillRagatz

Thielen is saying all the thing publicly that Diggs was accused of saying behind the scenes...
Post #: 899
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/1/2021 1:43:13 PM   
Ricky J

quote:

ORIGINAL: joejitsu

quote:

quote:

quote:

I don't know, Joe, are they going to get mad at Kirk when he comes to the sideline if he hits AT with that pass?
Post #: 900
Page:   <<   < prev  34 35 [36] 37 38   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  34 35 [36] 37 38   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode