Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: General Vikes Talk

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  47 48 [49] 50 51   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/12/2021 5:14:22 PM   
bohumm

quote:

ORIGINAL: Daniel Lee Young

Well, I’m fully winterised..

All shots including flu..

Got my Covid booster yesterday, although I had to sneak under the 65+ only restriction.. because I’m only 64..

Under lying health condition..

I believe technically that's slightly OVER-lying...
Post #: 1201
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/12/2021 5:58:44 PM   
Daniel Lee Young

quote:

ORIGINAL: bohumm

quote:

Got my Covid booster yesterday, although I had to sneak under the 65+ only restriction.. because I’m only 64..

Heart disease is a qualifying condition..

"Thou shall not bear false witness”
I am WRATH, incarnate.
@RlyeeNicole’sDad
Post #: 1202
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/13/2021 11:13:12 AM   
bohumm

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: bohumm

quote:

Heart disease is a qualifying condition..

Just joking based on you saying you "had to sneak in." Didn't mean to discount any health issues; my apologies.

I also think everyone should be eligible for boosters at this point like they can here in California, but that varies by state.
Post #: 1203
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/13/2021 12:29:06 PM   
Daniel Lee Young

Oh it’s ok…

My wife has chronic asthma.. so she has been nagging me to get the booster..

I kept telling her I wasn’t old enough.. but just by a few months..

Mt doctor said basically the same, but the googled the qualifying underlying conditions, and decided he would use the fact that I had a stent and arteriosclerosis as a qualifying reason to get it 7 months early..

"Thou shall not bear false witness”
I am WRATH, incarnate.
@RlyeeNicole’sDad
Post #: 1204
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/13/2021 1:45:43 PM   
David Levine

quote:

ORIGINAL: Richard Neussendorfer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mark Anderson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Murph

quote:

ORIGINAL: ronhextall

Rams sign OBJ.

All-in I think is the term. Meanwhile the Vikings GM thinks he is cool stockpiling 6th and 7th rounders and drafting kickers and punters.

When I saw the news break, the first thing that popped into my head was, we need to look at the Rams as a possible front office we could snip a future GM from.

It's not just this year, Snead has a track record of being aggressive.

Yeah. They do a good job of trading for talented guys and don't get into cap trouble.

But, is it a coincidence that the Browns lit it up after releasing OBJ? Rams have a pretty talented WR group and now you bring in OBJ and his family who love to complain if he doesn't get the ball. Time will tell.

Exactly Mark. I think it's an insignificant signing

Maybe not.

Schefter:
On the same day that the team signed WR Odell Beckham Jr., Rams’ WR Robert Woods tore his ACL at practice Friday, sources tell @diannaESPN and me.
Post #: 1205
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/13/2021 4:01:11 PM   
Mister Ed

Nose tackle Michael Pierce will miss another three games, at least, after being placed on injured reserve Saturday, the Vikings announced.

Pierce has practiced once — Nov. 3 — in the past five weeks, and was set to miss his fifth game in a row on Sunday against the Chargers due to a lingering elbow injury. He first injured his elbow and shoulder during a Sept. 30 practice and tried to play through it in the Oct. 3 loss to Cleveland before exiting in the first half.

The Vikings promoted safety Myles Dorn and cornerback Tye Smith from the practice squad as COVID-19 replacements. Safety Harrison Smith has already been ruled out while on the COVID list, and cornerback Bashaud Breeland (groin) is listed questionable to play against the Chargers.

Pierce has played in four games since signing a three-year, $27 million deal with the Vikings in 2020 free agency. He opted out in 2020, citing asthma that puts him at a heightened risk of complications from COVID-19.

Only the Chargers are allowing more yards per carry than the Vikings defense, which without Pierce has struggled to break through and tackle opponents for losses. They're currently giving up more per rush (4.8 yards) than last year's porous defense (4.6).

What was old is new again
Post #: 1206
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/13/2021 4:39:03 PM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mister Ed

Nose tackle Michael Pierce will miss another three games, at least, after being placed on injured reserve Saturday, the Vikings announced.

Pierce has practiced once — Nov. 3 — in the past five weeks, and was set to miss his fifth game in a row on Sunday against the Chargers due to a lingering elbow injury. He first injured his elbow and shoulder during a Sept. 30 practice and tried to play through it in the Oct. 3 loss to Cleveland before exiting in the first half.

The Vikings promoted safety Myles Dorn and cornerback Tye Smith from the practice squad as COVID-19 replacements. Safety Harrison Smith has already been ruled out while on the COVID list, and cornerback Bashaud Breeland (groin) is listed questionable to play against the Chargers.

Pierce has played in four games since signing a three-year, $27 million deal with the Vikings in 2020 free agency. He opted out in 2020, citing asthma that puts him at a heightened risk of complications from COVID-19.

Only the Chargers are allowing more yards per carry than the Vikings defense, which without Pierce has struggled to break through and tackle opponents for losses. They're currently giving up more per rush (4.8 yards) than last year's porous defense (4.6).

We'll have to score 40 to be in this game.

I'll go Vikes 43 Bolts 37.
Post #: 1207
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/14/2021 12:00:27 PM   
ratoppenheimer

quote:

cutting pierce in 2022 saves us $6.5m in cap space - expect it....

the journey...is paradise.
Post #: 1208
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/14/2021 12:40:54 PM   
ratoppenheimer

Tom Pelissero@TomPelissero
#Vikings OL Dakota Dozier has been released from the hospital after a bout with COVID-19, source said.

Dozier, who is fully vaccinated, was admitted Tuesday night after experiencing breathing issues. I’m told he’s feeling much better.

Post #: 1209
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/14/2021 1:57:36 PM   
Bill Jandro

quote:

ORIGINAL: ratoppenheimer

quote:

cutting pierce in 2022 saves us $6.5m in cap space - expect it....

I thought Pierce looked exceptional the first two games recording 2.5 sacks.

< Message edited by Bill Jandro -- 11/14/2021 2:00:01 PM >

Oline...early and often this draft
Post #: 1210
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/14/2021 2:06:23 PM   
Bill Jandro

We must be one weak tit team in the trenches.

NE is absolutely manhandling a Clev team that mauled us.

Post #: 1211
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/14/2021 7:31:34 PM   
Ricky J

Way to go, Vikes!!!!

Keep it rollin'
Post #: 1212
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/14/2021 8:32:13 PM   
Tom Sykes

Chris Tomasson @christomasson

#Vikings coach Mike Zimmer on Klint Kubiak saying during the week the Vikings wanted to get the ball more to Justin Jefferson: "He shouldn't be telling that to the media."

No. He shouldn't have to say it period. Duh.
Post #: 1213
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/14/2021 8:41:55 PM   
Todd M

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tom Sykes

#Vikings coach Mike Zimmer on Klint Kubiak saying during the week the Vikings wanted to get the ball more to Justin Jefferson: "He shouldn't be telling that to the media."

Was that said with any tongue and cheek?

Painfully obtuse if not.

These bozos over complicate this shit all the time. Of course you want to target...hit a 'ratio'...to your super talents. Any attempts to use them as decoys being so super smart is a fireable offense.

I liked the looks of JJ's targets. A lot of them (prior)looked lobby or cutesy. They were strong today.

< Message edited by Todd M -- 11/14/2021 8:43:03 PM >
Post #: 1214
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/14/2021 8:48:51 PM   
Richard Neussendorfer

So I didn't watch and still haven't seen a highlight. Is that the key to winning?
Post #: 1215
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/14/2021 8:49:49 PM   
Todd M

Funny place to be as a fan. Damn/bless that 7th playoff spot.

If we can get as good of a win next week. I'll have to be fully back on the playoff bandwagon. Chip and a chair if we get there.

Kinda feels like it'll play out where they do juuuust enough to erase any blowing of things up.
Post #: 1216
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/14/2021 8:51:38 PM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

ORIGINAL: Richard Neussendorfer

So I didn't watch and still haven't seen a highlight. Is that the key to winning?

No, but its the key to a happier life.
Post #: 1217
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/15/2021 7:30:01 AM   
Bill Jandro

that Bynum kid is good.

extending Smith is looking like a pretty dumb move

Post #: 1218
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/15/2021 7:53:57 AM   
Ricky J

quote:

ORIGINAL: Todd M

quote:

Painfully obtuse if not.

These bozos over complicate this shit all the time. Of course you want to target...hit a 'ratio'...to your super talents. Any attempts to use them as decoys being so super smart is a fireable offense.

I liked the looks of JJ's targets. A lot of them (prior)looked lobby or cutesy. They were strong today.

That's where my money's at .... Social media, this world, is all about the negativity.
Post #: 1219
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/15/2021 9:33:20 AM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

quote:

Turns out we only needed 27.

But missing by 13 isn't much...

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn't work if it's not open. Frank Zappa
Post #: 1220
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/15/2021 10:00:53 AM   
Jeff Jesser

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Jandro

that Bynum kid is good.

It looked like a dumb move the .1 nano-second after he finished signing the last 'h' in his name.
Post #: 1221
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/15/2021 10:18:20 AM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Trekgeekscott

quote:

quote:

Turns out we only needed 27.

But missing by 13 isn't much...

Other than Breeland, defense played well against a very good offense.
Post #: 1222
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/15/2021 10:22:57 AM   
Todd M

Watching Mckenzie Alexander lost on his PI running with his back turned arms a flailing...did not inspire confidence. Too much of that in the CB whisperer's tenure.
Post #: 1223
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/15/2021 10:23:26 AM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

ORIGINAL: Todd M

quote:

Painfully obtuse if not.

Since Zimmer is the one person NOT capable of comprehending what is going on, I find it ironic that he is tongue and cheek about it.

He doesn't realize that Kubiak may have just jumped out of the primordial Zimmer coaching ooze, from a single-celled run-only bacteria to a complex run-and-pass land mammal.

I suppose his days are numbered now.

Even so, you shouldn't have to pin a note to your shirt – before every game – to remember that targeting Jefferson is good.

< Message edited by Tom Sykes -- 11/15/2021 10:24:44 AM >
Post #: 1224
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/15/2021 10:45:12 AM   
ratoppenheimer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Jandro

that Bynum kid is good.

he really seems like a natural...also, he looks like he enjoys laying the wood....

Post #: 1225
Page:   <<   < prev  47 48 [49] 50 51   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  47 48 [49] 50 51   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode