Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: General Vikes Talk

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  48 49 [50] 51 52   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/15/2021 10:48:25 AM   
David Levine

Fortunately Bynum is locked up for 3 more years.

Unfortunately, we likely lose Woods because of Smith's deal.
Post #: 1226
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/15/2021 11:20:24 AM   
Trekgeekscott

Has anyone else noticed, that Mike Zimmer's hand sometimes shakes?

I am wondering if this is a sign that he has Parkinson's or some other neurological condition. Shaking of the hands is usually a sign of a problem with the brain or nervous system.

A friend of mine and I both independently noticed the shaking in the last two games.

I was wondering if anyone else noticed.

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn't work if it's not open. Frank Zappa
Post #: 1227
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/15/2021 11:26:55 AM   
David F.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Trekgeekscott

Has anyone else noticed, that Mike Zimmer's hand sometimes shakes?

I am wondering if this is a sign that he has Parkinson's or some other neurological condition. Shaking of the hands is usually a sign of a problem with the brain or nervous system.

A friend of mine and I both independently noticed the shaking in the last two games.

I was wondering if anyone else noticed.

My guess is alcoholism. Red face, dystended abdomen, and the shakes. He's in a high stress environment as well.

I wouldn't give ANY qb $30-50+ mil unless that QB had won me a Super Bowl. Did you win a Super Bowl on your rookie deal? Yes? Great! Here's your hugenormous contract. F it let's just run victory laps and love life. No? Good luck. Next!
Post #: 1228
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/15/2021 12:11:50 PM   
Todd M

It's been discussed.
Post #: 1229
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/15/2021 2:43:55 PM   
Jeff Jesser

A win is a win but it's still not good enough. Zimmer has to go. That said fact that the butt-fumbler talked about multiple times shows how inept he's become. The only team in the league that has had at least a 7 point lead in every game and we sit with a losing record. That proves that there is talent on the team and we are getting outcoached.

130 extra yards
13 minute positive TOP
same TO ratio
better ST's

and yet, it still came down to the final possession. Just sloppy. 10 penalties
Post #: 1230
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/15/2021 2:44:30 PM   
Jeff Jesser

Oh, and, be thankful for that one on the fake punt. I'm seriously doubting he picks up 7 yards the way that looked.
Post #: 1231
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/15/2021 2:48:27 PM   
Todd M

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jeff Jesser

Oh, and, be thankful for that one on the fake punt. I'm seriously doubting he picks up 7 yards the way that looked.

That's how it felt live. Unless he JJ like drags several defenders several yards ( a play as exiting as a non TD play could have been)

Nope. Would have been an ugly thud and possible game changer.
Post #: 1232
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/15/2021 3:15:52 PM   
Ricky J

Look at the pocket on this play - and what a finish by #18

https://twitter.com/GoesslingStrib/status/1460329571602030598?s=20
Post #: 1233
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/15/2021 3:46:19 PM   
Todd M

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ricky J

Such an incredible play. I admit not giving Cousins the credit he deserved for that. Option for highlight of the year.

Man if we played more like that!!!!
Post #: 1234
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/15/2021 4:07:27 PM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

Loved that play.

Jefferson powered his way to ta first down. all by himself. NO vikings pushing the pile, he dragged three guys to the marker.

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn't work if it's not open. Frank Zappa
Post #: 1235
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/15/2021 4:24:41 PM   
thebigo

Seems like Tyler Conklin is more involved in our pass game than Irv Smith ever has been.
Post #: 1236
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/15/2021 4:44:58 PM   
Todd M

quote:

ORIGINAL: thebigo

Seems like Tyler Conklin is more involved in our pass game than Irv Smith ever has been.

To be fair I think he was going to be.

I like Conklin as our guy as much if not more than Rudolph.

I think Conk and Smith would be a great pair.
Post #: 1237
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/15/2021 4:46:25 PM   
Todd M

quote:

quote:

Loved that play.

Jefferson powered his way to ta first down. all by himself. NO vikings pushing the pile, he dragged three guys to the marker.

Theilen was doing the opposite of pushing the pile helping. Looked like a very casual observer on the play.
Post #: 1238
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/15/2021 6:14:30 PM   
David F.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Todd M

quote:

Through nine games (seven starts) Conklin has 35 catches for 353 yards and 3 TDs. Those numbers extrapolated out for an entire season will be better than Rudolph did on average and will challenge his best season.

I wouldn't give ANY qb $30-50+ mil unless that QB had won me a Super Bowl. Did you win a Super Bowl on your rookie deal? Yes? Great! Here's your hugenormous contract. F it let's just run victory laps and love life. No? Good luck. Next!
Post #: 1239
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/15/2021 7:18:48 PM   
thebigo

quote:

quote:

If we can ever get Smith healthy
Post #: 1240
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/15/2021 8:39:02 PM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

quote:

quote:

Loved that play.

Theilen was doing the opposite of pushing the pile helping. Looked like a very casual observer on the play.

Great play by Jefferson but the defenders were trying to strip the ball, not tackle.

Speaking on Thielen and non-tackling, anybody see the clip of Bridgewater’s non-tackle this weekend? Horrible. Hated to see it.

worse than anything Jeff George or Cam Newton ever pulled.
Post #: 1241
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/15/2021 9:59:56 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

ORIGINAL: ratoppenheimer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Jandro

that Bynum kid is good.

extending Smith is looking like a pretty dumb move

he really seems like a natural...also, he looks like he enjoys laying the wood....

Spielman's drafting prowess at it again...
Post #: 1242
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/16/2021 1:31:14 AM   
ratoppenheimer

Courtney Cronin@CourtneyRCronin
Has Mason Cole's play in Garrett Bradbury's absence necessitated a conversation about whether he'll stay part of the current OL group when Bradbury comes back?

Zimmer: "We’ve had that conversation, we’ll just have to see this week in practice. Bradbury hasn’t been here in 2 wks or I think he’s missed two weeks now. We’re just going to have to sort it out this week. But Mason’s done a really nice job. He’s done a terrific job. We’ll just try to figure this out. It’s better than having no options."

Deion Sanders just called Mike Zimmer in the middle of his Monday-after Zoom call and Zimmer answered in the middle of his availability. El oh el.

the journey...is paradise.
Post #: 1243
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/16/2021 1:37:19 AM   
ratoppenheimer

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Levine

cutting smilh next season would expose a foolish deal for spielman, but it would save us almost $6m of 2022 cap money...and we're presently $7m over next season's cap....

the journey...is paradise.
Post #: 1244
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/16/2021 6:49:04 AM   
Bill Jandro

quote:

quote:

cutting smilh next season would expose a foolish deal for spielman, but it would save us almost $6m of 2022 cap money...and we're presently $7m over next season's cap....

Hate to see the kid get put back on the bench when Smith returns.

Smith has looked slow this season and a 2 week layoff with the covid will more than likely make him even slower.

Oline...early and often this draft
Post #: 1245
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/16/2021 8:52:52 AM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Jandro

quote:

quote:

Hate to see the kid get put back on the bench when Smith returns.

Smith has looked slow this season and a 2 week layoff with the covid will more than likely make him even slower.

Vigil and Bynum played so well......they tried a wheel route on Vigil a few times to no avail with Ekeler.

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 1246
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/16/2021 9:12:07 AM  2 votes
Tom Sykes

quote:

Has Mason Cole's play in Garrett Bradbury's absence necessitated a conversation about whether he'll stay part of the current OL group when Bradbury comes back?

Zimmer: "We’ve had that conversation, we’ll just have to see this week in practice. Bradbury hasn’t been here in 2 wks or I think he’s missed two weeks now. We’re just going to have to sort it out this week. But Mason’s done a really nice job. He’s done a terrific job. We’ll just try to figure this out. It’s better than having no options."

Deion Sanders just called Mike Zimmer in the middle of his Monday-after Zoom call and Zimmer answered in the middle of his availability. El oh el.

Yeah ... you sit down Zimmer and work it out with the rest of the organization ... weigh the positives and negatives of putting the better or the worse player on the field ... its a conundrum.

I've bottomed out with this team, as bad as I have in years.

I just can't escape the ingrained stupidity of this regime.

< Message edited by Tom Sykes -- 11/16/2021 9:13:13 AM >
Post #: 1247
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/16/2021 9:18:31 AM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tom Sykes

quote:

Yeah ... you sit down Zimmer and work it out with the rest of the organization ... weigh the positives and negatives of putting the better or the worse player on the field ... its a conundrum.

I've bottomed out with this team, as bad as I have in years.

I just can't escape the ingrained stupidity of this regime.

Which makes it hard for me to fire Spielman. One of the best rosters we have had in years. Zimmer also has a good eye for talent----uugh just his stubborness on certain things costs games (Being aggressive on offense, time management, resigning aging/always njured vets)

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 1248
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/16/2021 11:05:49 AM   
thebigo

quote:

What's Mason's PFF scores. San Diego might have the worst interior DLine in the league. Seems like just about every run play we had a 3 yard push, with the RBs finishing it off.
Post #: 1249
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/16/2021 11:12:16 AM   
David Levine

quote:

quote:

What's Mason's PFF scores. San Diego might have the worst interior DLine in the league. Seems like just about every run play we had a 3 yard push, with the RBs finishing it off.

Chargers are the worst run defense in the NFL. Giving up 155 YDS/G. That's almost 20 yards more than the next worse team. And they're tied for last giving up 4.8 YPC.
Post #: 1250
Page:   <<   < prev  48 49 [50] 51 52   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  48 49 [50] 51 52   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode