Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: General Vikes Talk

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  86 87 [88] 89 90   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/27/2021 9:36:53 AM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

ORIGINAL: HL OSWALD

As it sinks in the season is over... Its time to see Kellen Mond play the Pack and Bears with all the starters and get some tape on the kid in real game time play.

Kirk Cousins was brought in as the final piece to get us over top... NO WAY IN HELL he should be around going forward, he has set us back far enough with his cap hell and lackluster leadership. GOODBYE!

Basically unless you can trade him you are going to have to make it one more year.....

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 2176
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/27/2021 9:48:40 AM   
Daniel Lee Young

We are stuck with cousins contract..no sane GM on another team would accept it..

There is way too much cap tied up in obviously diminishing return players.

Is it not true that Zimmer/ Spielman make those personnel decisions?

That is our problem.

"Thou shall not bear false witness”
I am WRATH, incarnate.
@RlyeeNicole’sDad
Post #: 2177
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/27/2021 10:07:03 AM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Phil Riewer

quote:

As it sinks in the season is over... Its time to see Kellen Mond play the Pack and Bears with all the starters and get some tape on the kid in real game time play.

Kirk Cousins was brought in as the final piece to get us over top... NO WAY IN HELL he should be around going forward, he has set us back far enough with his cap hell and lackluster leadership. GOODBYE!

Basically unless you can trade him you are going to have to make it one more year.....

He is due 35M(base salary).

With a 3 or 4 year extension, another team could easily get his cap number down in the low 20s.

Probably wishful thinking on my part.
Post #: 2178
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/27/2021 10:23:13 AM   
Mark Anderson

I only saw bits and parts of the game.

What was up with OBJ going full bore at PP and going helmet to helmet? Was PP in his head like Rhodes was that one game?
Post #: 2179
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/27/2021 10:31:14 AM   
Jeff Jesser

Pretty hard to get in someone’s head when you are 10+ yards off the line of scrimmage…
Post #: 2180
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/27/2021 10:32:39 AM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jeff Jesser

Pretty hard to get in someone’s head when you are 10+ yards off the line of scrimmage…

It was on a running play. Did you see the play? Dangerous and idiotic.
Post #: 2181
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/27/2021 10:35:41 AM   
jbusse

quote:

It isn't time to blow up the team...it is time to change coaches though.

I would keep Spielman....just look at the mid to late round talent playing at RB and WR. If it was up to me I would go after Jim Caldwell, Doug Pederson, or Bienemy.

Caldwell and Pederson are opposite ends of the spectrum. Caldwell is the old-school, go conservative when you have the lead, punt on 4th and 1 from the opponents 40, type of coach. His record with the Lions against winning teams was 4-23. He'd drive many here apoplectic, and rightfully so.
Post #: 2182
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/27/2021 10:38:31 AM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

ORIGINAL: jbusse

quote:

I would keep Spielman....just look at the mid to late round talent playing at RB and WR. If it was up to me I would go after Jim Caldwell, Doug Pederson, or Bienemy.

Caldwell and Pederson are opposite ends of the spectrum. Caldwell is the old-school, go conservative when you have the lead, punt on 4th and 1 from the opponents 40, type of coach. His record with the Lions against winning teams was 4-23. He'd drive many here apoplectic, and rightfully so.

Pederson is what everyone is clamoring for. Offensive minded who takes chances.
Post #: 2183
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/27/2021 10:41:28 AM   
jbusse

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mark Anderson

quote:

quote:

I'd be good with that. And he knows how to win at U.S. Bank Stadium
Post #: 2184
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/27/2021 10:43:45 AM   
Jeff Jesser

quote:

quote:

I saw the whole game but don’t remember that exact play. Wasn’t heated that I remember though.
Post #: 2185
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/27/2021 10:46:42 AM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

quote:

quote:

I saw the whole game but don’t remember that exact play. Wasn’t heated that I remember though.

PP was down for awhile. Kind of had to be guided off the field. Possible concussion. But he did play after that.
Post #: 2186
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/27/2021 10:48:42 AM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

I'd be good with that. And he knows how to win at U.S. Bank Stadium

Pederson also knows how to burn bridges and alienate players very quickly. That's why isn't coaching the Eagles anymore not long after winning a Superbowl as their coach.

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn't work if it's not open. Frank Zappa
Post #: 2187
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/27/2021 10:51:12 AM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

quote:

quote:

With a 3 or 4 year extension, another team could easily get his cap number down in the low 20s.

Seriously, who would be stupid enough to extend him 3 or 4 years. Two teams would have given up on him already despite the gawdy numbers. We're stuck with his low Football IQ having, non audiblizing ass.

Post #: 2188
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/27/2021 10:52:53 AM   
bohumm

quote:

Who hired Zimmer? Who extended Kirk in competition with no one? Who extended Barr, Rudy, Smith with high guarantees at the tail end of their careers? Who overpays the wrong positions (RB, S, LB) while having the worst IOL in the league?

Spielman isn't horrible, but he's not that good either. Every team finds guys. How many get nothing out of the first round for years in a row, ending only when JJ falls into his lap?

Spielman has to go with the rest. The Wilfs need to break from their middling start of ownership by adapting to the way the league is now, not continuing with 1950s Era football.
Post #: 2189
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/27/2021 10:55:41 AM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Johanesen

quote:

ORIGINAL: Richard Neussendorfer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Daniel Lee Young

Watching Dallas..

We are such a mediocre team..

In every category….

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/columnist/nancy-armour/2021/08/24/cowboys-owner-jerry-jones-has-no-time-those-without-covid-vaccine/5574796001/

Opinion: Cowboys owner Jerry Jones has no time for the unvaccinated on his team and in society.

Our “core” players.. do as they please and Wilfs don’t care…

Pathetic..

How about we're mediocre because we have a pathetic coach. I doubt it has jack to do with vaccinated or unvaccinated. Don't overcomplicate it. We also have a qb that may be a eunuch.

Speaking of unvaccinated, trade Cook tomorrow. The per game salary for his fat contract is no doubt a record.

We love blowing big cap dollars. Oft-injured? Sign here. Past your prime? An X will do. Never was? Digital signature is great. Retread? Your agent can sign for you.

If only the league would declare that unvaccinated players contracts can be voided, including guaranteed money with no damage to the cap.

IT would do wonders for our team.

Post #: 2190
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/27/2021 10:57:07 AM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Trekgeekscott

quote:

quote:

quote:

Seriously, who would be stupid enough to extend him 3 or 4 years. Two teams would have given up on him already despite the gawdy numbers. We're stuck with his low Football IQ having, non audiblizing ass.

You sometimes extend players to get their cap number down, not because you want them on the team for that long .

Then, when the gambling $$$ kicks in, and the cap goes to 275-300M, you cut him and the dead money isn't that painful.

Hopefully the Wilfs are not reading this.
Post #: 2191
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/27/2021 11:01:59 AM   
Ricky J

quote:

Ricky….

I admire your optimism…

The innocence of faith and belief…

I live on the dark side…

I have since my world was YANKED into the reality of what is, on October 25th, 2016.

Call it pessimism. Call it defeatist, call it what you will.

The first step is admission..

Humans use that as a “step” for a multitude of things….

Sometimes it is right sometimes it is wrong.

This teams season , 2021-2022, is over.

How do I KNOW?

Because it is never what I truly want.. but it is always what I get.

Well, I may appear optimistic but I identify with the bolded more than you know.
Post #: 2192
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/27/2021 11:05:00 AM   
Jeff Jesser

quote:

ORIGINAL: bohumm

quote:

Who hired Zimmer? Who extended Kirk in competition with no one? Who extended Barr, Rudy, Smith with high guarantees at the tail end of their careers? Who overpays the wrong positions (RB, S, LB) while having the worst IOL in the league?

Spielman isn't horrible, but he's not that good either. Every team finds guys. How many get nothing out of the first round for years in a row, ending only when JJ falls into his lap?

Spielman has to go with the rest. The Wilfs need to break from their middling start of ownership by adapting to the way the league is now, not continuing with 1950s Era football.

Agree but we then run into the problem of the Wilf’s. They aren’t football people and not plugged in as far as I can tell. Are you confident that they’ll hire a good football person to get us on track?
Post #: 2193
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/27/2021 11:08:50 AM   
bohumm

quote:

quote:

quote:

Agree but we then run into the problem of the Wilf’s. They aren’t football people and not plugged in as far as I can tell. Are you confident that they’ll hire a good football person to get us on track?

No, I'm not confident. In fact, I see them as the root of the problem more than the solution to it. But I have a fan's (read: sucker's) hope.
Post #: 2194
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/27/2021 11:09:59 AM   
jbusse

quote:

quote:

That's how I see it. To me, Spielman's saving grace as of 3-4 years ago was his track record in the draft and he selected a pretty good head coach. The last few years have gone the other direction on both counts. Add in some of the recent free agent signings, and I think it's a good time to move on.
Post #: 2195
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/27/2021 11:12:56 AM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

quote:

quote:

That's how I see it. To me, Spielman's saving grace as of 3-4 years ago was his track record in the draft and he selected a pretty good head coach. The last few years have gone the other direction on both counts. Add in some of the recent free agent signings, and I think it's a good time to move on.

Hire the Chief's Assistant GM and go from there.
Post #: 2196
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/27/2021 11:13:37 AM   
marty

IF Pederson gets the Vikings a SB win, I won't care if they let him go 2 years later.

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 2197
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/27/2021 11:16:31 AM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Chiefs have a very good HC. one that had the balls to play a young QB and see what happens and has some great talent on that team. Reid, unlike Zimmer/Kubiak, knows how to use it and allows his QB to freelance....Zimmer wants nothing of that shit.

Post #: 2198
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/27/2021 11:16:50 AM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Johanesen

quote:

ORIGINAL: Richard Neussendorfer

quote:

Watching Dallas..

We are such a mediocre team..

In every category….

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/columnist/nancy-armour/2021/08/24/cowboys-owner-jerry-jones-has-no-time-those-without-covid-vaccine/5574796001/

Opinion: Cowboys owner Jerry Jones has no time for the unvaccinated on his team and in society.

Our “core” players.. do as they please and Wilfs don’t care…

Pathetic..

How about we're mediocre because we have a pathetic coach. I doubt it has jack to do with vaccinated or unvaccinated. Don't overcomplicate it. We also have a qb that may be a eunuch.

Speaking of unvaccinated, trade Cook tomorrow. The per game salary for his fat contract is no doubt a record.

We love blowing big cap dollars. Oft-injured? Sign here. Past your prime? An X will do. Never was? Digital signature is great. Retread? Your agent can sign for you.

If only the league would declare that unvaccinated players contracts can be voided, including guaranteed money with no damage to the cap.

IT would do wonders for our team.

Hopefully by next year there will be an accurate test on viral load and contagiousness and they can figure out how long to sit players(vaxxed or unvaxxed) based on the science.
Post #: 2199
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/27/2021 11:19:04 AM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Chiefs have a very good HC. one that had the balls to play a young QB and see what happens and has some great talent on that team. Reid, unlike Zimmer/Kubiak, knows how to use it and allows his QB to freelance....Zimmer wants nothing of that shit.

Trade Cousins.
Sign Minshew or Darnold to 5M per year deal and draft the Willis kid from Liberty.
Along with Mond in the mix.
Post #: 2200
Page:   <<   < prev  86 87 [88] 89 90   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  86 87 [88] 89 90   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode