Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: Our New Head Coach

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: Our New Head Coach Page: <<   < prev  5 6 [7] 8 9   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Our New Head Coach - 1/16/2022 9:05:58 AM   
Brad H

quote:

ORIGINAL: Daniel Lee Young

quote:

ORIGINAL: Richard Neussendorfer

quote:

Lane Kiffin.. hard pass..

https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2013/9/30/4785034/lane-kiffin-fired-coaching-timeline-usc-tennessee-raiders

Let’s just say.. I’m a bit skeptical of a guy who might have been a bigger prick than Al Davis.. and that is saying something..

Read his story..

Not a fan..

Egomaniacal misanthropic sociopathic closeted racist..

Not seeing him as a “ locker room loves him” kinda guy..

But, JMO.

So he's a closet racist??

When your telling black players they need to get out of South Carolina or they are gonna end up pumping gas at a gas station.. after college… your damn right he’s a fn racist....

That can actually be read two ways.

Defense starts at the corners!
Post #: 151
RE: Our New Head Coach - 1/16/2022 12:51:18 PM   
Daniel Lee Young

So… you are telling me..

We need to go from Zimmer.. to this?

6. Alshon Jeffery, gas pumper
On the day before the 2009 National Signing Day (and just a few days after the incident with Urban Meyer), Kiffin infamously told recruit Alshon Jeffery that if he stayed home and played for the Gamecocks, he would "end up pumping gas for the rest of his life like all the other players from that state who had gone to South Carolina."

Jeffery ended up a second-round NFL Draft pick out of South Carolina.

7. Kiffin bails on Tennessee, everyone hates him
After just one 7-6 season in Knoxville, Kiffin left the Vols to return home to California and coach the USC Trojans. He was labeled as a snake, a weasel, and a traitor by just about anyone who had anything invested in Tennessee football.

Yea I bet AlshonJeffery thinks he is the bestest person in the world…

But no.. he not a racist.. not a racist bone in his body…

"Thou shall not bear false witness”
I am WRATH, incarnate.
@RlyeeNicole’sDad
Post #: 152
RE: Our New Head Coach - 1/16/2022 1:31:42 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tom Sykes

quote:

ORIGINAL: Phil Riewer

I am on board with Pederson. The FO/GM had between 11-28 million under the cap the 5 years he was there and he took a team with less offensive talent and a GM/Owner hell bent on making money.

We would have a championship coach.

You should be ... Pederson would trade out Cousins for a 3rd and sign Foles which would be absolutely outstanding.

win, win and win for everybody!

Horrible move.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 153
RE: Our New Head Coach - 1/16/2022 5:40:51 PM   
Mark Anderson

Demeco Ryans looking pretty good right now.
Post #: 154
RE: Our New Head Coach - 1/16/2022 6:02:13 PM   
joejitsu

It sounds like we just interviewed someone named Ossenfort. I have no idea who this person is. Does anyone know who this person is?
Post #: 155
RE: Our New Head Coach - 1/16/2022 7:19:55 PM   
beo

quote:

ORIGINAL: joejitsu

It sounds like we just interviewed someone named Ossenfort. I have no idea who this person is. Does anyone know who this person is?

I think this guy would be a pretty good get...

BIO
Ossenfort, 43, is completing his second season as the Tennessee Titans' director of player personnel. The Titans are the top seed in the AFC playoffs after winning their division with a 12-5 record.

Before he was hired by the Titans in 2020, Ossenfort spent 14 years with the New England Patriots, the last six as the organization's director of college scouting.

Ossenfort previously served as the Patriots' assistant director of college scouting. He began his second stint with New England in 2006, the first of his three years as an area scout. Ossenfort was a national scout in 2009-10.

Ossenfort's first NFL experience came as a training camp intern for the Minnesota Vikings in 2001. He gained his first personnel experience in 2002 as an intern in the Houston Texans' pro personnel department. In 2003, he was a personnel assistant for the Patriots. Ossenfort returned to Houston as the Texans' pro and college scouting assistant. In 2005, he served as a college scout for the Texans.

Ossenfort was a four-year letterman and a two-year starter at quarterback for Division III University of Minnesota-Morris. He graduated in 2000 with a degree in economics and management. Ossenfort later earned a master's degree in business administration and a master's degree in sports management from Ohio University.

He is a native of Luverne, Minn. Ossenfort and his wife, Shannon, have three daughters, Emery Kailyn, Finley Betti and Landry Margot.
Post #: 156
RE: Our New Head Coach - 1/16/2022 7:24:03 PM   
Richard Neussendorfer

quote:

So… you are telling me..

We need to go from Zimmer.. to this?

6. Alshon Jeffery, gas pumper
On the day before the 2009 National Signing Day (and just a few days after the incident with Urban Meyer), Kiffin infamously told recruit Alshon Jeffery that if he stayed home and played for the Gamecocks, he would "end up pumping gas for the rest of his life like all the other players from that state who had gone to South Carolina."

Jeffery ended up a second-round NFL Draft pick out of South Carolina.

7. Kiffin bails on Tennessee, everyone hates him
After just one 7-6 season in Knoxville, Kiffin left the Vols to return home to California and coach the USC Trojans. He was labeled as a snake, a weasel, and a traitor by just about anyone who had anything invested in Tennessee football.

Yea I bet AlshonJeffery thinks he is the bestest person in the world…

But no.. he not a racist.. not a racist bone in his body…

Sorry. I'm not seeing racism there. Just poor taste when it comes to recruiting. I'll agree with you on weasel for sure. So no thanks to picking him up!
Post #: 157
RE: Our New Head Coach - 1/16/2022 7:34:56 PM   
Daniel Lee Young

Yea, I’ll bet their all about diversity and equality at Peyton Manning University..

But I need to step away..

I’ve gone back and read posts for late last year and this year..

I’m a toxic depression ruled asshat..

My frustration with my daughters situation is effecting everything I do..

None of you deserve that trom me..

"Thou shall not bear false witness”
I am WRATH, incarnate.
@RlyeeNicole’sDad
Post #: 158
RE: Our New Head Coach - 1/16/2022 7:43:01 PM  1 votes
ambear

Hang in there brother.
Post #: 159
RE: Our New Head Coach - 1/17/2022 9:38:26 AM   
Phil Riewer

Hackett may be the one:

https://www.si.com/.amp/nfl/2021/09/16/nathaniel-hackett-journey-from-doctor-to-dancer-to-top-head-coaching-candidate-daily-cover

He is #2 on my list....

Top two on my list are Hackett/Pederson.

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 160
RE: Our New Head Coach - 1/17/2022 9:48:35 AM   
Todd M

quote:

Hackett may be the one:

https://www.si.com/.amp/nfl/2021/09/16/nathaniel-hackett-journey-from-doctor-to-dancer-to-top-head-coaching-candidate-daily-cover

He is #2 on my list....

Top two on my list are Hackett/Pederson.

Love that article.

Sign me up for some of that!
Post #: 161
RE: Our New Head Coach - 1/17/2022 10:06:10 AM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

ORIGINAL: kgdabom

quote:

quote:

I am on board with Pederson. The FO/GM had between 11-28 million under the cap the 5 years he was there and he took a team with less offensive talent and a GM/Owner hell bent on making money.

You should be ... Pederson would trade out Cousins for a 3rd and sign Foles which would be absolutely outstanding.

Horrible move.

I was taking a jab at Phil, not like a vaccine jab but more like an anti-Cousins jab. He didn't buy it.

You did.
Post #: 162
RE: Our New Head Coach - 1/17/2022 10:07:06 AM   
Phil Riewer

Phil Mackey 🎙
@PhilMackey
·
21m
Watch this Nathaniel Hackett press conference… Then ask: Who would Kirk Cousins (or any QB) benefit from working with more — Mike Zimmer or Nathaniel Hackett?
Quote Tweet
Declan Goff
@DexsTweets
· 36m
Hackett seems like such an honest and relatable dude. No crusty or I'm smarter than you attitude, but just a genuine guy.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=OfvLPUJMt4A
Judd Zulgad
@jzulgad
·
20m
Hackett looks like an ideal guy to develop a quarterback and mold him.
Phil Mackey 🎙
@PhilMackey
·
19m
He got the best out of Blake Bortles.

Post #: 163
RE: Our New Head Coach - 1/17/2022 10:08:16 AM   
Phil Riewer

Apparently some Vikes fans would not like a former Packer OC:

Phil Mackey 🎙
@PhilMackey
·
18m
I wouldn’t worry about what Packer fans think… Hire the right guy. Hell, Jerry Burns was a Vince Lombardi assistant.
Quote Tweet
3 Fourths Geek
@3FourthsGeek
· 19m
Replying to @PhilMackey
Oh yeah, can't wait for Packers fans to gloat that the Vikings had to get one of THEIR coaches in order to be successful....

Post #: 164
RE: Our New Head Coach - 1/17/2022 10:10:23 AM   
Phil Riewer

Early career
After working as an assistant coach for UC Davis and Stanford, Hackett began his NFL career as a quality coach under Jon Gruden with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in 2006. He served there for two years before moving to the Buffalo Bills in that same role for the 2008 and 2009 seasons. He worked with quarterbacks such as Bruce Gradkowski, Chris Simms, Jeff Garcia, Ryan Fitzpatrick, and Brian Brohm during those years. In 2010, Hackett was hired by Syracuse as their quarterbacks and tight ends coach under Doug Marrone, who he would later follow to Buffalo and Jacksonville. Hackett was promoted to offensive coordinator the following year.[2]

Offensive coordinator of the Buffalo Bills
In 2013, the Bills hired Marrone as their head coach, and Hackett was brought back to Buffalo as the offensive coordinator.[1] With quarterbacks EJ Manuel, Thad Lewis, and Jeff Tuel, the Bills ranked 29th in passing offense that year, but had a prolific running game with halfbacks C. J. Spiller and Fred Jackson. When Kyle Orton took over for Manuel as the Bills' quarterback the following year, the team finished with a more respectable passing offense, but the run game suffered.[2]

Jacksonville Jaguars
After Marrone opted out of his contract with the Bills following the 2014 season, he was hired by the Jacksonville Jaguars as an offensive line and assistant head coach, bringing Hackett with him once again. In 2016, after Marrone was promoted to interim head coach after the firing of Gus Bradley, Hackett was upgraded from quarterbacks coach to interim offensive coordinator after the Jaguars also fired their previous offensive coordinator, Greg Olson. He was confirmed on that position in January 2017.[3]

Working with quarterback Blake Bortles and running back Leonard Fournette, Hackett coordinated the league's best rushing attack in 2017, leading to Jacksonville winning the AFC South and appearing in the AFC Championship game.[2] However, after the Jaguars failed to repeat their success the following year and started 3–8, Hackett was fired by Marrone on November 26, 2018 after the Jaguars lost to the Buffalo Bills 24-21, a move that surprised him.[4][5]

Green Bay Packers
Hackett was hired by the Green Bay Packers as their offensive coordinator on January 14, 2019.[6]

Post #: 165
RE: Our New Head Coach - 1/17/2022 10:43:40 AM   
kgdabom

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: kgdabom

quote:

quote:

Horrible move.

I was taking a jab at Phil, not like a vaccine jab but more like an anti-Cousins jab. He didn't buy it.

You did.

OIC

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 166
RE: Our New Head Coach - 1/17/2022 4:13:42 PM   
TJSweens

I'm sorry. I know it's irrational. I just don't want anyone with the stench of Green Bay as the Vikings head coach.

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 167
RE: Our New Head Coach - 1/18/2022 2:08:51 PM   
Hats4Bats

quote:

ORIGINAL: TJSweens

I'm sorry. I know it's irrational. I just don't want anyone with the stench of Green Bay as the Vikings head coach.

I like him

https://www.si.com/nfl/2021/09/16/nathaniel-hackett-journey-from-doctor-to-dancer-to-top-head-coaching-candidate-daily-cover

Top 3 for me

Nathaniel Hackett
Doug Pederson
Brian Daboll

< Message edited by Hats4Bats -- 1/18/2022 2:11:32 PM >

Hats for Bats - - Keep Bats warm
Post #: 168
RE: Our New Head Coach - 1/18/2022 2:35:52 PM   
David Levine

quote:

Doesn't bother me in the least. Just like I loved having Favre here that first year. If we could trade Cousins for Rodgers, I'd fly to Minnesota to pick him up at the airport.

Plus it would be great if Hackett brought us a Super Bowl, and Matt LaFleur didn't do the same for the Packers. We'd finally have our Tomlin/Dungy moment.
Post #: 169
RE: Our New Head Coach - 1/18/2022 3:03:37 PM   
Hats4Bats

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Levine

quote:

Doesn't bother me in the least. Just like I loved having Favre here that first year. If we could trade Cousins for Rodgers, I'd fly to Minnesota to pick him up at the airport.

Plus it would be great if Hackett brought us a Super Bowl, and Matt LaFleur didn't do the same for the Packers. We'd finally have our Tomlin/Dungy moment.

I'll meet you there DL. Plus, Rodgers loves Hackett. I suspect Lafluer; not so much

Post #: 170
RE: Our New Head Coach - 1/18/2022 3:07:06 PM   
Hats4Bats

I also, have decided I am not impressed with K.Moore or D. Quinn. McCarthy may be gone anyway.
One of those two (most likely Kellen Moore will be the new HC of Dallas.

Post #: 171
RE: Our New Head Coach - 1/18/2022 3:20:54 PM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hats4Bats

I also, have decided I am not impressed with K.Moore or D. Quinn. McCarthy may be gone anyway.

I am ok with Moore...I see the problem being McCarthy. Quinn I totally agree (no thanks)....

Post #: 172
RE: Our New Head Coach - 1/18/2022 3:29:06 PM   
Hats4Bats

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hats4Bats

I am ok with Moore...I see the problem being McCarthy. Quinn I totally agree (no thanks)....

Maybe it is me, but I see a "dear in the headlights" look to him!

Post #: 173
RE: Our New Head Coach - 1/18/2022 3:46:31 PM   
TJSweens

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Levine

quote:

As I said, I won't pretend there is anything rational about my feeling that way. I just hate the idea.

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 174
RE: Our New Head Coach - 1/18/2022 3:47:26 PM   
Hats4Bats

Two defensive coordinator candidates that are intriguing

While the talk with the Bills has been the electric play of their young quarterback Josh Allen, one of the strongest elements of their team over the past few seasons has been their defensive backs. Both of their safeties have consistently been one of the top options at either free or strong safety. Meanwhile, Tre’Davious White has become one of the top coverage cornerbacks in the league. While not as flashy, the Bills’ reserve defensive backs have also developed into starting-caliber players.

Most of the success here can be attributed to John Butler, their defensive backs coach. He has been able to keep a stable group of stars around while also developing the next wave of starters at the position.

While Butler would be a fine addition to this coaching staff, a real get for the secondary would be a different coach from the AFC East. While the Patriots’ resurgence this year was a bit shocking, the continued dominance of their secondary isn’t. Consistently, the Patriots have always found ways to field a top secondary. No matter who is back there for the team, the Patriots have found ways to stop opposing passing offenses.

The main reason for the success here has been the amazing work that Mike Pellegrino has done with the defensive backs. From giving veterans like Devin McCourty a career resurgence to getting the most out of highly touted players like Kyle Dugger, to developing J.C. Jackson, a former undrafted free agent, into one of the best cornerbacks in the league.

Even better, Pellegrino has seen a consistent change in terms of who’s starting in his secondary. Stephon Gilmore was the best defensive back in the league while with the Patriots, and even after he was traded this year this secondary didn’t miss a beat. Pellegrino would be a huge get for a defense that has failed to develop members in their secondary. He would be a great step forward in bringing back an elite secondary.

Post #: 175
Page:   <<   < prev  5 6 [7] 8 9   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: Our New Head Coach Page: <<   < prev  5 6 [7] 8 9   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode