Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: 2022 Free Agency

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: 2022 Free Agency Page: <<   < prev  21 22 23 [24] 25   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: 2022 Free Agency - 7/15/2022 12:12:12 PM   
Chris Olson

I'd be disappointed with adding Rudy back into the mix here (as the rumors say signing him is not off the table)...seems like a waste of roster space...

if we are adding an aging vet, I would rather see Suh signed

But really, of all the FA moves that are being considered, I can't believe there isn't more push to find a new, true center not just a guard with the ability to play center as we have already done
Post #: 576
RE: 2022 Free Agency - 7/15/2022 8:57:37 PM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

ORIGINAL: marty

Exactly.

While the Packers had a strong performance from their defense, the Bills defense was dreadful in their playoff loss, but it was facing a strong KC offense. The Bills strong regular season defense wasn't quite the same in the playoffs.

Nice bob and weave.

The only thing stopping the Bills is Leslie regardless of having a number one rated defense which can have a bad game in the playoffs against an exceptional offense, or a boatload of injuries.

The only one landing punches in this ring is Marty or the other guy, Marty.
Post #: 577
RE: 2022 Free Agency - 7/16/2022 7:54:27 AM   
Bill Jandro

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chris Olson

I'd be disappointed with adding Rudy back into the mix here (as the rumors say signing him is not off the table)...seems like a waste of roster space...

But really, of all the FA moves that are being considered, I can't believe there isn't more push to find a new, true center not just a guard with the ability to play center as we have already done

Not rostering a second C is stupid. Are they worried about hurting Bradbury's feelings? They already declined his 5th yr option so he certainly isn't a part of their long term plans. Thinking they can scheme around and hide Bradbury seems naive. Reed is my pick to win the RG spot. I don't want to even see Jesse "Dozier" Davis on the field.

Oline...early and often this draft
Post #: 578
RE: 2022 Free Agency - 7/16/2022 8:36:24 AM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Jandro

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chris Olson

Not rostering a second C is stupid. Are they worried about hurting Bradbury's feelings? They already declined his 5th yr option so he certainly isn't a part of their long term plans. Thinking they can scheme around and hide Bradbury seems naive. Reed is my pick to win the RG spot. I don't want to even see Jesse "Dozier" Davis on the field.

KOC failed the initial big ego test.

Could Bradbury play better in a slightly different blocking scheme with different coaches and an extra 10 lbs? Sure but thats based on a belief in your own coaching ability with a little hope and luck mixed in. Its not adequate planning.

You want your HC to be super-confident but for godsakes have a decent Plan B to your expectations of your own brilliance.

I know this is a byproduct of watching Zimmer get cannibalized by his own ego the last few years … but I was hoping for a better approach than … I know what I’m doing so this is going to work.

I am praying that rookie KOC is more than that.
Post #: 579
RE: 2022 Free Agency - 8/2/2022 12:36:10 PM   
marty

Still would make sense to sign Tretter:

https://heavy.com/sports/minnesota-vikings/jc-tretter-kirk-cousins-browns-packers/

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 580
RE: 2022 Free Agency - 8/4/2022 10:21:08 PM   
marty

The Rams had a small center like Bradbury, but does Kirk have enough mobility to make enough plays playing behind a center that gets tossed around a lot ?

I read somewhere that Kirk was doing something to work on his lateral movement, dancing, yoga, karate, or something like that.

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 581
RE: 2022 Free Agency - 8/4/2022 10:23:02 PM   
marty

Would be nice to have another outside rusher giving you a rotation, and some backup help, as Hunter and Smith have been injury prone.

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 582
RE: 2022 Free Agency - 8/4/2022 11:20:11 PM   
thebigo

quote:

Would be nice to have another outside rusher giving you a rotation, and some backup help, as Hunter and Smith have been injury prone.

In the 3-4 Hunter and Smith are pretty much the same player, so the rotation is pretty much built in.
Post #: 583
RE: 2022 Free Agency - 8/4/2022 11:22:16 PM   
thebigo

quote:

The Rams had a small center like Bradbury, but does Kirk have enough mobility to make enough plays playing behind a center that gets tossed around a lot ?

I read somewhere that Kirk was doing something to work on his lateral movement, dancing, yoga, karate, or something like that.

He's probably got as much mobility as Stafford.
Post #: 584
RE: 2022 Free Agency - 8/5/2022 8:33:59 AM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

ORIGINAL: thebigo

quote:

He's probably got as much mobility as Stafford.

Hard to compare Allen to Bradbury.

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 585
RE: 2022 Free Agency - 9/14/2022 12:20:44 PM   
marty

Vikings should sign OBJ, he has a 'J' in his name.

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 586
RE: 2022 Free Agency - 9/15/2022 1:47:07 AM   
marty

Justin Jefferson, Adam J Thielen, K.J. Osborn, Jalen Reagor, Bisi Johnson, Trishton Jackson, Jalen Nailor

They all have a 'J' in their name, OBJ would fit right in.

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 587
RE: 2022 Free Agency - 9/15/2022 10:40:28 AM  1 votes
Trekgeekscott

quote:

Justin Jefferson, Adam J Thielen, K.J. Osborn, Jalen Reagor, Bisi Johnson, Trishton Jackson, Jalen Nailor

Inclusion of a letter in their name does not make them a good fit.

OBJ shredded his knee. that's why no one has signed him yet.

He's also the king of guy that has, in the past whined when he's not getting the ball.

We have enough good recievers here. we don't need Odell Beckham. We need a new Center.

I don't want to go through things that don't kill me and make me stronger anymore.
Post #: 588
RE: 2022 Free Agency - 9/15/2022 11:03:25 AM   
thebigo

quote:

Walking on water...
Post #: 589
RE: 2022 Free Agency - 9/15/2022 11:06:01 AM   
Daniel Lee Young

quote:

quote:

Walking on water...

Then turning that into milk..

"Thou shall not bear false witness”
I am WRATH, incarnate.
@RlyeeNicole’sDad
Post #: 590
RE: 2022 Free Agency - 9/15/2022 11:21:08 AM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Trekgeekscott

quote:

He's also the king of guy that has, in the past whined when he's not getting the ball.

We have enough good recievers here. we don't need Odell Beckham. We need a new Center.

Marty would have 10-11 WR on the 53 man roster if he was GM.

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 591
RE: 2022 Free Agency - 9/15/2022 11:28:07 AM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

ORIGINAL: Phil Riewer

quote:

quote:

IIRC, it was Marty that once proposed we use all of our draft picks on WRs.

I don't want to go through things that don't kill me and make me stronger anymore.
Post #: 592
RE: 2022 Free Agency - 9/15/2022 11:54:35 AM   
thebigo

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Is David Boston still available?
Post #: 593
RE: 2022 Free Agency - 9/15/2022 12:02:35 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

quote:

Your logical and factual post means nothing because the surgeon who operated on OBJ had a J in his name... or had a distant relative or friend with one.
Post #: 594
RE: 2022 Free Agency - 9/15/2022 12:03:48 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Is David Boston still available?

No J, but maybe he has some religious name like Joseph.
Post #: 595
RE: 2022 Free Agency - 9/17/2022 6:42:40 AM   
marty

IF the Vikings went all WRs the year I was talking about David Boston, with their cupboard bare, they could have drafted: Santonio Holmes, Greg Jennings, Brandon Marshall and Marquez Colston.

But they would have missed out on QB Tarvaris Jackson. And LBer Chad Greenway.

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 596
RE: 2022 Free Agency - 9/17/2022 6:51:39 AM   
marty

That was the 2006 draft, 2007 didn't look nearly as good for WRs.

In 2007, it may have been better to do a Ditka, trade the #5 pick, and all the rest of your picks, and with pick #1, pick WR Calvin Johnson (Megatron).

The downside would have been not getting Adrian Peterson.

But then you wouldn't have had the one dimensional offense with Peterson, when Favre arrived. But your WRs would have been: Calvin Johnson, Sidney Rice, Bernard Berrian and Percy Harvin.

Take away all the Peterson fumbles, and maybe you beat the Saints and go on to win the SB that season.

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 597
RE: 2022 Free Agency - 10/31/2022 5:14:28 PM   
marty

I wonder with Theilen nursing that injury, if a WR might be a wise investment.

Claypool gives you the nice size, you could have him in place of Theilen for the next year or 2. I like having one WR with size to complement JJ. it might be bad to pair him with another small WR.

Or OBJ might make a lot sense, if you think the team could make a run this year.

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 598
RE: 2022 Free Agency - 10/31/2022 6:50:21 PM   
David Levine

quote:

IF the Vikings went all WRs the year I was talking about David Boston, with their cupboard bare, they could have drafted: Santonio Holmes, Greg Jennings, Brandon Marshall and Marquez Colston.

But they would have missed out on QB Tarvaris Jackson. And LBer Chad Greenway.

They also could've drafted: Chad Jackson, Travis Wilson, Skyler Green and Kevin McMahan.
Post #: 599
RE: 2022 Free Agency - 10/31/2022 7:38:36 PM   
marty

While what you say is true, I simply went to their picks, and looked at the next WR that was taken, and if they ranked them about the same as the other teams, they would have ended up with Santonio Holmes, Greg Jennings, Brandon Marshall and Marquez Colston.

I would have been happy with just ONE of them, but they EASILY could have had all FOUR. Just check for yourself, go back to that seasons' draft, look at where the Vikings picked, and if they were only looking at drafting WR (which they should have been), and look at what would have been available to them, look at the next WR or 2 that is taken, with each of the Vikings' picks.

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 600
Page:   <<   < prev  21 22 23 [24] 25   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: 2022 Free Agency Page: <<   < prev  21 22 23 [24] 25   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode