Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: 2022 Free Agency

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: 2022 Free Agency Page: <<   < prev  20 21 [22] 23 24   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: 2022 Free Agency - 5/10/2022 1:46:50 PM   
Phil Riewer

So this whole Deebo thing is crazy. We have Cook/Mattison and Jefferson/Thielen....Deebo wouldn't come here to 1) not get a max contract and 2) not be the focal point of the offense.

Somehow some forget that there is only one ball.

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 526
RE: 2022 Free Agency - 5/10/2022 4:02:37 PM   
marty

Deebo is staying in SF, I don't mind, as I hear we have our own Deebo in Chandler.

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 527
RE: 2022 Free Agency - 5/10/2022 4:09:17 PM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

ORIGINAL: kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: Brad H

quote:

ORIGINAL: marty

Deebo would make it MUCH harder for the opposition to stop the Vikings' offense.

Not a bad move when you have a mediocre QB and are trying to win a Super Bowl.

You make it happen financially, this is where you move money down the road, because you're going for it right now.

You can have five Deebo Samuels' on the team, and if your defense gives up 426 points you aren't going anywhere.

Thank you. So nice to know that Kirk wasn't the problem.

There isn't just ONE problem that we can fix and voila! were superbowl bound. The defense seriously needed fixing. The Oline especially up the middle needed fixing.

Kirk Cousins is great at amassing stats but he does it in a risk averse, follow the play call only, never audible, miss wide open receivers for a safer pass short of the sticks kind of way. His game does not routinely rise when the pressure increases, like in the last two minutes of a half.... Kirk isn't THE problem. But in certain ways, he's part of the problem.

Some say the numbers don't lie. Well maybe not, but they certainly do NOT tell the whole story. KC is a pedestrian QB and when we need him to rise beyond pedestrian, take a leadership role, put a team on his shoulders etc, he stays pedestrian.

I don't want to go through things that don't kill me and make me stronger anymore.
Post #: 528
RE: 2022 Free Agency - 5/11/2022 12:39:04 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: Trekgeekscott

quote:

quote:

quote:

Deebo would make it MUCH harder for the opposition to stop the Vikings' offense.

You make it happen financially, this is where you move money down the road, because you're going for it right now.

You can have five Deebo Samuels' on the team, and if your defense gives up 426 points you aren't going anywhere.

There isn't just ONE problem that we can fix and voila! were superbowl bound. The defense seriously needed fixing. The Oline especially up the middle needed fixing.

Kirk Cousins is great at amassing stats but he does it in a risk averse, follow the play call only, never audible, miss wide open receivers for a safer pass short of the sticks kind of way. His game does not routinely rise when the pressure increases, like in the last two minutes of a half.... Kirk isn't THE problem. But in certain ways, he's part of the problem.

Some say the numbers don't lie. Well maybe not, but they certainly do NOT tell the whole story. KC is a pedestrian QB and when we need him to rise beyond pedestrian, take a leadership role, put a team on his shoulders etc, he stays pedestrian.

Kirk led at least 6 what were game leading or tying drives in the last two minutes or in OT during the first 6 games last year. His clutch streak was the best I had ever seen, only to be blown by a short missed FG against Arizona and a phantom fumble call on Cook in the Cinci game and the defense in a couple more. What should have been.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 529
RE: 2022 Free Agency - 5/11/2022 1:30:55 PM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

Deebo is staying in SF, I don't mind, as I hear we have our own Deebo in Chandler.

Chandler isn't Deebo....uugh. That isn't reality.

Post #: 530
RE: 2022 Free Agency - 5/11/2022 5:15:28 PM   
marty

"We already got Deebo in the draft under the name of Ty Chandler" - Kgdabom

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 531
RE: 2022 Free Agency - 5/11/2022 5:28:25 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: Phil Riewer

quote:

Hey I'm putting a positive spin on it. Odds are he's not as good, but a man can dream.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 532
RE: 2022 Free Agency - 5/11/2022 5:28:49 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

"We already got Deebo in the draft under the name of Ty Chandler" - Kgdabom

Hoping.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 533
RE: 2022 Free Agency - 5/11/2022 9:19:20 PM   
thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Phil Riewer

quote:

It might well be an alternate reality.
Post #: 534
RE: 2022 Free Agency - 5/11/2022 9:25:15 PM   
Ricky J

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Kirk led at least 6 what were game leading or tying drives in the last two minutes or in OT during the first 6 games last year. His clutch streak was the best I had ever seen, only to be blown by a short missed FG against Arizona and a phantom fumble call on Cook in the Cinci game and the defense in a couple more. What should have been.

You just don't see a more ridiculous bias regarding any athlete as you do with Cousins. Un F believable. I could see it if he was an asshole, a judgemental jerk who blamed others for lack of success or a host of other rotten human characteristics but they're just not there ... all accept he believes in God and Christ and will say so once in awhile. And why would anyone care two shits about this? We accept all other kinds of weird shit that goes on in this crazy ass world.

Just nuts!
Post #: 535
RE: 2022 Free Agency - 5/11/2022 10:56:35 PM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ricky J

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

You just don't see a more ridiculous bias regarding any athlete as you do with Cousins. Un F believable. I could see it if he was an asshole, a judgemental jerk who blamed others for lack of success or a host of other rotten human characteristics but they're just not there ... all accept he believes in God and Christ and will say so once in awhile. And why would anyone care two shits about this? We accept all other kinds of weird shit that goes on in this crazy ass world.

Just nuts!

Well, bias goes both directions ...

< Message edited by Tom Sykes -- 5/11/2022 11:50:06 PM >
Post #: 536
RE: 2022 Free Agency - 5/12/2022 7:39:10 AM   
Ricky J

True story

... and the continuous lopsided non-ending bias from the one side does bring it out in me -

"ridiculous ..."
Post #: 537
RE: 2022 Free Agency - 5/12/2022 7:49:42 AM   
Ricky J

The ridiculous bias crowd right here for ya:

https://twitter.com/GridironStuds/status/1524437551439925250?s=20&t=ZX3MpQXRz2HSxwOJRFNOFw

;)
Post #: 538
RE: 2022 Free Agency - 5/12/2022 8:34:16 AM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

The ridiculous bias crowd right here for ya:

https://twitter.com/GridironStuds/status/1524437551439925250?s=20&t=ZX3MpQXRz2HSxwOJRFNOFw

;)

LOL So freakin’ true.

(the twitter comment)

< Message edited by Tom Sykes -- 5/12/2022 1:32:11 PM >
Post #: 539
RE: 2022 Free Agency - 5/12/2022 2:02:59 PM  1 votes
GopherFan34

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Just nuts!

Carefull there Ricky, the fact checkers will be coming and you will get banned for disimformation!
Post #: 540
RE: 2022 Free Agency - 5/12/2022 3:30:37 PM  1 votes
Phil Riewer

quote:

ORIGINAL: GopherFan34

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Just nuts!

Carefull there Ricky, the fact checkers will be coming and you will get banned for disimformation!

Post #: 541
RE: 2022 Free Agency - 5/12/2022 5:37:24 PM   
kgdabom

Regarding Cousins, Kwesi and KOC agree with me. I hope we're all right and the ones who disagree with us are all wrong.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 542
RE: 2022 Free Agency - 5/12/2022 6:17:23 PM   
Ricky J

quote:

ORIGINAL: GopherFan34

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Just nuts!

I hear ya - I'm heading back into chill mode ...
Post #: 543
RE: 2022 Free Agency - 5/12/2022 6:26:25 PM   
kgdabom

JC Tretter has Vikings on short list of teams he would like to sign with.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0aRe4yRj08

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 544
RE: 2022 Free Agency - 5/13/2022 7:18:32 AM   
Ricky J

quote:

Youre really trying to push the youtube vids lately - i aint bittin'

- but i have a real short one for you and others: Pale blue dot - Carl Sagan
Post #: 545
RE: 2022 Free Agency - 5/13/2022 8:22:03 AM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

quote:

Thats where Sagan descibes the Cousins-centric crowd as arrogant in their own disbelief of the truth and over-zealous in their persecution of the more scientifically rigorous non-Cousins-centric crowd.

< Message edited by Tom Sykes -- 5/13/2022 8:59:05 AM >
Post #: 546
RE: 2022 Free Agency - 5/13/2022 12:17:58 PM   
Ricky J

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tom Sykes

quote:

quote:

Thats where Sagan descibes the Cousins-centric crowd as arrogant in their own disbelief of the truth and over-zealous in their persecution of the more scientifically rigorous non-Cousins-centric crowd.

That f Carl ....

ha ha, maybe so
Post #: 547
RE: 2022 Free Agency - 6/6/2022 12:24:35 AM   
marty

Looking forward to seeing KJ Osborn in the new offense ....

I would sign Rudolph.

Hard to trust Smith to stay healthy, Rudolph gives you a good red zone target Cousins is willing to throw to while covered. Should have kept Conklin.

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 548
RE: 2022 Free Agency - 6/6/2022 8:17:33 AM   
Bill Jandro

quote:

I would sign Rudolph.

Hard to trust Smith to stay healthy, Rudolph gives you a good red zone target Cousins is willing to throw to while covered. Should have kept Conklin.

Rudy threw a lot of shade toward Cousins on his way out so I just don't see much mutual interest there. Sportrac is showing we have 9.7ml of cap space but Ingram and Booth have not officially signed yet. I'd lean way more on taking a swing at Tretter if we're looking to shore up one of the bigger weaknesses on the team.

Oline...early and often this draft
Post #: 549
RE: 2022 Free Agency - 6/6/2022 9:36:26 AM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Jandro

quote:

I would sign Rudolph.

Rudy threw a lot of shade toward Cousins on his way out so I just don't see much mutual interest there. Sportrac is showing we have 9.7ml of cap space but Ingram and Booth have not officially signed yet. I'd lean way more on taking a swing at Tretter if we're looking to shore up one of the bigger weaknesses on the team.

Rudy is only a Red Zone target...he can't run but has great hands. Better to develop a young guy like the Ellefson, Mundt, or combo snapper.

Post #: 550
Page:   <<   < prev  20 21 [22] 23 24   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: 2022 Free Agency Page: <<   < prev  20 21 [22] 23 24   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode