Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: 2022 Free Agency

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: 2022 Free Agency Page: <<   < prev  21 22 23 24 [25]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: 2022 Free Agency - 10/31/2022 8:42:34 PM   
David Levine

And I just went to your picks and chose the next drafted WR after each one.

That’s how narrow the margin for error is on picks - especially later ones where no one knew how good those guys would end up.
Post #: 601
RE: 2022 Free Agency - 10/31/2022 9:13:17 PM   
marty

Correction, it was just with the Vikings first two picks, by picking the next WR taken, and you get Santonio Holmes and Greg Jennings.

But even that would have been REALLY good.

To get Brandon Marshall and or Marquez Colston, you would have to have ranked those big WRs over a few other WRs that ended up as duds.

But I think you realistically could have ended up with all 4, if you scouted wisely, and really wanted to find a WR or 2. With getting 4 studs, you may have been able to trade one or 2 of them in one of the following years, and acquired more high picks or talented players. Maybe you end up with a high pick, and picked a franchise QB.

So my point about drafting all WRs that year, would likely have been a great move.

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 602
RE: 2022 Free Agency - 10/31/2022 9:16:33 PM   
marty

You're right about it being a narrow margin, but if the Vikings board was similar to others, and they studied WR intensely that year, they likely would have ended up with 2 studs, and 4 if they really did their homework well.

I am not a draft expert, and I think I likely would have gotten them 2 stud WRs with that years draft.

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 603
RE: 2022 Free Agency - 10/31/2022 9:23:55 PM   
marty

I found a draft experts ranking before the draft from that year. He has Santonio Holmes ranked as his #1 WR, and Greg Jennings as his best sleeper.

So you would likely take Holmes with the Vikings first pick, and then grab Jennings with the 2nd pick, if you had a good idea where he might go.

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 604
RE: 2022 Free Agency - 10/31/2022 9:25:20 PM   
marty

I wonder with Theilen nursing that injury, if a WR might be a wise investment.

Claypool gives you the nice size, you could have him in place of Theilen for the next year or 2. I like having one WR with size to complement JJ. it might be bad to pair him with another small WR.

Or OBJ might make a lot sense, if you think the team could make a run this year.

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 605
Page:   <<   < prev  21 22 23 24 [25]
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: 2022 Free Agency Page: <<   < prev  21 22 23 24 [25]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode