Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: General Vikes Talk

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  9 10 [11] 12 13   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/13/2022 5:06:55 PM   
Phil Riewer

The Vikings hosted DT Khalil Davis for a tryout today.

2020 6th-round pick out of Nebraska who's been with the Buccaneers, Colts, and Steelers. 6'1", 308 with a ton of athleticism. They have a spot open on the practice squad after losing Janarius Robinson.

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 251
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/13/2022 5:10:43 PM   
Phil Riewer

Is Spielman helping the new Bears GM:

Will Ragatz
@WillRagatz
·
1h
Former Vikings on the Bears:

- Riley Reiff
- Armon Watts
- Ihmir Smith-Marsette
- Khari Blasingame
- Trevor Siemian
- Dakota Dozier (IR)
- Tajae Sharpe (IR)
- Harrison Hand (PS)
- DeMarquis Gates (PS)
Quote Tweet
Bears Communications
@BearsPR
·
2h
#Bears roster move:
We have signed DB Harrison Hand to the practice squad.

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 252
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/13/2022 5:27:44 PM   
Todd M

Poles is Scraps now.

Post #: 253
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/13/2022 6:08:26 PM   
Ricky J

quote:

ORIGINAL: Trekgeekscott

It was one of my criticisms of Cousins for a long time that he never would audible. I did suspect he wasn't allowed, but if he had any kind of balls he would have pushed for it.

ha ha, Im pretty sure that wouldnt of done any good. Zim hated him enough from the get go without a confrontation. Jimmy Mac might not of been able to resist a showdown, though ...

Many people have come out about how bad Zimmer was regarding the atmosphere surrounding the team. I think it's a little unusual that we didn't hear about how bad it actually was from the players until after he was fired. Not a word from Cousins, though -
Post #: 254
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/13/2022 7:03:00 PM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ricky J

quote:

It was one of my criticisms of Cousins for a long time that he never would audible. I did suspect he wasn't allowed, but if he had any kind of balls he would have pushed for it.

ha ha, Im pretty sure that wouldnt of done any good. Zim hated him enough from the get go without a confrontation. Jimmy Mac might not of been able to resist a showdown, though ...

Many people have come out about how bad Zimmer was regarding the atmosphere surrounding the team. I think it's a little unusual that we didn't hear about how bad it actually was from the players until after he was fired. Not a word from Cousins, though -

I can see the revisionism is just going to get wider as we go along ...

the pro-Cousins crowd blaming Zimmer for hating on Cousins' and reducing his on-field responsibilities ...

the lukewarm to hostile Cousins crowd blaming Cousins' personality for his limited on-field role.

It's probably somewhere in between. Not sure Zimmer had more than general complaining and over-arching input regarding the offense.

If anything, Cousins was the perfect risk-averse non-complaining good soldier type for a Zimmer offense. I'm not sure Zimmer would have liked any QB for very long, including Teddy ... maybe Rogers who he fawned over. Him too probably during Zimmer's final withering into bitter root phase.

I have to think that the 12 billion offensive coordinators over the last 5 seasons may have had something to do with how the offense was executed during games.
Post #: 255
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/13/2022 7:08:05 PM   
Bill Jandro

quote:

ORIGINAL: marty

So the Packers not having success up the gut, does that mean it's probably not worth it to sign Suh ?

I think it depends on how Bullard faired. Haven't heard a peep on his performance. Suh would still most certainly help. 6.2 y/c is really bad.

Oline...early and often this draft
Post #: 256
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/13/2022 7:14:15 PM   
TJSweens

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tom Sykes

quote:

quote:

the pro-Cousins crowd blaming Zimmer for hating on Cousins' and reducing his on-field responsibilities ...

the lukewarm to hostile Cousins crowd blaming Cousins' personality for his limited on-field role.

It's probably somewhere in between. Not sure Zimmer had more than general complaining and over-arching input regarding the offense.

If anything, Cousins was the perfect risk-averse non-complaining good soldier type for a Zimmer offense. I'm not sure Zimmer would have liked any QB for very long, including Teddy ... maybe Rogers who he fawned over. Him too probably during Zimmer's final withering into bitter root phase.

I have to think that the 12 billion offensive coordinators over the last 5 seasons may have had something to do with how the offense was executed during games.

Any offensive coordinator under Zim was handcuffed by Zims out and out demand that the Vikings run, run and run some more. De Felippo was the one who defied Zim and he was fired mid season for it.

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 257
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/13/2022 7:54:02 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tom Sykes

quote:

quote:

You noticed that too. Now its Zimmer hated Cousins from the get-go (I believe that is the gist). For the future, there are options aplenty...
- Zimmer is Damien and haunted Cousins
- Zimmer's sole purpose for being a HC was to squash puny Cousins
- Zimmer brought in many OCs hoping he would confuse Cousins
- The list is literally endless.
Post #: 258
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/13/2022 7:58:09 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mark Anderson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Phil Riewer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jeff Allen

quote:

Top-5 #Vikings defensive
@PFF
grades from week 1 (minimum 15 snaps):

1. Harrison Smith (87.5)
2. Dalvin Tomlinson (83.8)
3. Harrison Phillips (77.7)
4. Eric Kendricks (76.4)
5. Cam Bynum (73.4)

Team gives up 94 yards on 15 carries and our two DT's and middle LB have good grades? I think the rush defense is an area of concern...PFF is garbage.

It is in context of the Vikes had high safeties (not a safety in the box) so most of the time 6 or in the box and an umbrella coverage where the LB backed up to protect deep.

I think PFF was spot on.

GB had 4 pass plays over 20 yards with a long of 25; MN had 6 with a long of 64. GB had one run over 20 yards; long of 29.

Yep.

They ran around the ends with lots of TEs and OLinemen pulling and out numbered us.

They didn't have a lot of success up the gut.

What game were you watching?
Post #: 259
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/13/2022 8:04:51 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

KG, the Eagles drafted the WR I wanted for the Vikings last year DeVonta Smith (he was long gone by the time the Vikings picked, and then the Vikings traded back and fortunately got Darrisaw), and this year the Eagles added AJ Brown.

That's 2 great WRs, and you're on the road. Add to that a mobile QB, who I am assuming doesn't throw as accurately as Rodgers. The Vikings have a chance, but I am still picking the Eagles.

IF the Vikings beat the Eagles on the road, I think we're looking at a 13 win season for Minnesota.

How "great" was Smith last week, and at home. Don't bother... 4 targets, 0 catches, 0 yards.

Geez.

That's not to say he will break out, but wow do you even check things a little (rhetorical).
Post #: 260
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/13/2022 8:21:16 PM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Johanesen

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mark Anderson

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jeff Allen

quote:

Top-5 #Vikings defensive
@PFF
grades from week 1 (minimum 15 snaps):

1. Harrison Smith (87.5)
2. Dalvin Tomlinson (83.8)
3. Harrison Phillips (77.7)
4. Eric Kendricks (76.4)
5. Cam Bynum (73.4)

Team gives up 94 yards on 15 carries and our two DT's and middle LB have good grades? I think the rush defense is an area of concern...PFF is garbage.

It is in context of the Vikes had high safeties (not a safety in the box) so most of the time 6 or in the box and an umbrella coverage where the LB backed up to protect deep.

I think PFF was spot on.

GB had 4 pass plays over 20 yards with a long of 25; MN had 6 with a long of 64. GB had one run over 20 yards; long of 29.

Yep.

They ran around the ends with lots of TEs and OLinemen pulling and out numbered us.

They didn't have a lot of success up the gut.

What game were you watching?

Same one you were. Big plays were around left end.

Up the gut to me is everything inside the tackles.
Post #: 261
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/13/2022 9:13:45 PM   
beo

quote:

quote:

Things changed after 2017.
Even that season it seemed odd that Case was BALLING OUT and when reporters asked Zim about it... instead of the praise they were looking for, Zim seemed pissed.

It seemed downward spiral after that.
His defense slipped... his offense and qb relationship seemed to get more contentious.
He seemed to dig in instead of self reflect.

That's just my take but I was fine with Zim up to that conf champ game.
Since then... just seemed like he lost "it factor".
Post #: 262
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/14/2022 1:45:51 AM   
marty

Bill

The Eagles were on the road last week. DeVonta Smith is a great WR, and so is AJ Brown, that is why the Eagles were ok with trading Reagor.

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 263
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/14/2022 2:49:21 AM   
ratoppenheimer

turn the sound on....

https://twitter.com/Bossman_10K/status/1569741749194719232

the journey...is paradise.
Post #: 264
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/14/2022 4:38:44 AM   
marty

Bill, are you aware:

(DaVonte);Smith was awarded the Heisman Trophy for his accomplishments alongside several other awards and honors. He was the first wide receiver to win the Heisman since Desmond Howard in 1991 and only the fourth overall. He also won two national championships while at Alabama prior to being selected by the Eagles tenth overall in the 2021 NFL Draft.

Or are you just working overtime to troll me, only to make yourself look stupid ?

Trust me, Smith and Brown are a great #1 and 2 punch, it remains to be seen if their QB will pass more and take advantage and target these guys.

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 265
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/14/2022 4:41:25 AM   
Todd M

Marty you picked up to go 0 - 2 and have done nothing but slober over opposing players.

It's a bad look.

And annoying.
Post #: 266
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/14/2022 5:03:41 AM   
Todd M

There was a certain feel to the game last week. Small things. Pressing every small edge. For example...coming to the the line to look like maybe there would be a play instead of just letting the clock expire.

It was just so refreshingly crisp.

I would not expect to see missing things, like running off all the click before giving the ball back. 12 men on the field a play or 2 away from a SB. 2 TO's in a row etc...

KO is sharp and shiny.
Post #: 267
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/14/2022 5:10:09 AM   
Todd M

I'd love to believe this team has what it takes to be special but I kind of feel if we're going to be special it's bc of special sauce Justin Jefferson. A legit MVP consideration record smashing brilliant WR gift.

A fun narrative. Future bronze statue.
Post #: 268
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/14/2022 7:48:28 AM   
marty

Todd, I am not slobbering over opposing players, just paying them respect, which I hope the Vikings are doing as well. Never underestimate your opponent.

I am very happy with the way many Vikings' players played last Sunday, hope it continues.

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 269
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/14/2022 7:51:08 AM   
marty

Kirk Cousins for MVP, it all starts with the QB, the team leader.

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 270
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/14/2022 8:36:56 AM   
Bill Jandro

We're going to get a good look at the guy KAM should have selected on the Eagles DL.

Oline...early and often this draft
Post #: 271
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/14/2022 9:25:12 AM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

Kirk Cousins for MVP, it all starts with the QB, the team leader.

Kirk will never compete for MVP, even if he statistically deserves it. He is simply a point guard and those kind of guys never get top credit.

That is not a criticism. John Stockton and Steve Nash were great at what they did.

A setting-the-tone, getting-after-it, homerun MVP performance will have to come from JJ or some other playmaker.

We all hope KC has an outstanding year …

So far so good.
Post #: 272
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/14/2022 10:29:01 AM   
Jeff Jesser

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Johanesen

quote:

KG, the Eagles drafted the WR I wanted for the Vikings last year DeVonta Smith (he was long gone by the time the Vikings picked, and then the Vikings traded back and fortunately got Darrisaw), and this year the Eagles added AJ Brown.

That's 2 great WRs, and you're on the road. Add to that a mobile QB, who I am assuming doesn't throw as accurately as Rodgers. The Vikings have a chance, but I am still picking the Eagles.

IF the Vikings beat the Eagles on the road, I think we're looking at a 13 win season for Minnesota.

How "great" was Smith last week, and at home. Don't bother... 4 targets, 0 catches, 0 yards.

Geez.

That's not to say he will break out, but wow do you even check things a little (rhetorical).

4 best CB plays in the history of the leage!

Marty, dude....you're way overstating it. In 18 games so far in his career he has 64 catches for about 920 yards and 5 TD's. Can he be great, sure. Is he great? Don't use his Heisman as proof. He played for an offense that had 11 #1 picks on it.
Post #: 273
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/14/2022 10:40:40 AM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

Is Spielman helping the new Bears GM:

Will Ragatz
@WillRagatz
·
1h
Former Vikings on the Bears:

- Riley Reiff
- Armon Watts
- Ihmir Smith-Marsette
- Khari Blasingame
- Trevor Siemian
- Dakota Dozier (IR)
- Tajae Sharpe (IR)
- Harrison Hand (PS)
- DeMarquis Gates (PS)
Quote Tweet
Bears Communications
@BearsPR
·
2h
#Bears roster move:
We have signed DB Harrison Hand to the practice squad.

Hey if it keeps the bears sucking...
I'm all for it.

I don't want to go through things that don't kill me and make me stronger anymore.
Post #: 274
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/14/2022 10:48:51 AM   
David Levine

quote:

Bill, are you aware:

(DaVonte);Smith was awarded the Heisman Trophy for his accomplishments alongside several other awards and honors. He was the first wide receiver to win the Heisman since Desmond Howard in 1991 and only the fourth overall. He also won two national championships while at Alabama prior to being selected by the Eagles tenth overall in the 2021 NFL Draft.

Or are you just working overtime to troll me, only to make yourself look stupid ?

Trust me, Smith and Brown are a great #1 and 2 punch, it remains to be seen if their QB will pass more and take advantage and target these guys.

Maybe using Desmond Howard isn't the strong argument you think it is...

10 years: 123 Receptions, 1597 Yards, 7 TDs.

Brown is a good, but not great, WR. Smith is yet to prove anything.
Post #: 275
Page:   <<   < prev  9 10 [11] 12 13   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  9 10 [11] 12 13   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode