Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: General Vikes Talk

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  114 115 [116] 117 118   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/20/2022 10:29:40 PM   
marty

I have loved the playcalling all year, but I would have called a few things differently.

I think they needed to establish the run early, to keep pressure of Kirk. After Cook ran for 8 yards on 1st down, 2nd and 2 at about the 6 yard line, I would have ran on 3rd and 2 (or ran on the 2nd down). I like the aggressiveness of passing on 2nd down there, but I think Cook would have gotten the 1st down there, or would have scored a TD.

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 2876
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/20/2022 10:31:42 PM   
marty

Then again, there is only so much you can do with Kirk, it would be nice to see what KOC can do with a good young QB, one that also has a little mobility and pocket presence.

Kirk is a bit of a handicap, but KOC has managed him well, except for the Philly and Cowboy games.

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 2877
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/21/2022 5:43:10 AM   
Karl Juhnke

So this has become the weirdest season ever. You know what? I’m just going to enjoy it for the reality TV saga it is. And not put a dime on any Vikings game, for or against. Because literally nobody knows what they will do next. Anyone who thinks they do is lying. Anyone who gets it right did so by pure luck.

The only analytical football thing I will say is the defense has holes. We all know that. We got by until the Cowboys. It either has to improve or we have to hope the offense can keep up. And they’re coming off a TD-less performance of their own. But in weeks past they’ve shown they can keep us in games.

< Message edited by Karl Juhnke -- 11/21/2022 5:50:00 AM >
Post #: 2878
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/21/2022 7:23:33 AM   
Richard Neussendorfer

In typical Vikings fashion we go from the best regular season Viking game I've ever seen to the worst Viking regular season game I've ever seen just 7 days later. I'm with Karl. Let's see what each week brings. I have no idea what to expect from this group.
Post #: 2879
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/21/2022 7:24:20 AM   
Todd M

Gonna call it a one off until I see how they respond.

I refuse to get sucked into a negative black hole over it.
Post #: 2880
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/21/2022 7:28:53 AM   
Richard Neussendorfer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Todd M

Gonna call it a one off until I see how they respond.

I refuse to get sucked into a negative black hole over it.

Well we have a negative point differential so I'm thinking a regression to the mean is imminent. Who knows though. Maybe this butt kicking wakes them up.
Post #: 2881
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/21/2022 8:10:17 AM   
stfrank

quote:

ORIGINAL: Richard Neussendorfer

quote:

ORIGINAL: stfrank

quote:

quote:

I had seen all I needed to see before halftime. It was as bad an ass kicking I have seen in a long time..... I guess it's better to get a game like that out of your system now instead of having another 41-0 beating in the playoffs.

I'm trying to remember a worse home performance. I've been watching since 86. I got nothing.

Good point, I don't remember a home performance worse than today.

I'm sure it's happened but I certainly don't remember.

The Stribs headline answers our question:
Vikings suffer worst home loss in 59 years in 40-3 smackdown by Cowboys
Post #: 2882
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/21/2022 8:20:10 AM   
Bill Johanesen

ESPN last week: The Vikings are legit
ESPN this week: The Vikings are not that good

It's likely they only saw the last two games.
Post #: 2883
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/21/2022 8:24:32 AM   
Richard Neussendorfer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Johanesen

Well we liked their resilience in a ton of games this season. They have a good opportunity to show some resilience on Thursday. Let's see what we get from primetime Vikings.
Post #: 2884
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/21/2022 8:25:00 AM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tom Sykes

Perfect storm. Add a Buffalo hangover. They're not that good, we're not that bad ... but what they do well fits hand and glove into some of our bigger flaws, which magnifies them even more. (their run game/our run defense, their pass rush/our pass protection ...)

IMO we have been winning with some help from our opponents and some momentum induced luck. Dal gave us none of that.

We have deserved every win ... I'm not saying that ... but its not that we've greatly improved overall IMO as a team or an offense or a defense ... we just always come up with a few great plays and we have played much cleaner than our opponents. GB, Det, NO, Chi, Mia, Az, Wash ... thats seven out of eight wins against teams not that good or not at their best.

Ironically, the defense has shown a little improvement overall while our more talented offense is still sputtering for quarters at a time (although the D is still a liability).

That's worrisome. We have an Offensive minded coach, the team is supposed to be wired offensively, the real talent is on that side ... we better figure out a way to avoid our quarterly nosedives and hope the defense keeps improving incrementally, especially against the run ...

We have proven our grittiness. I see a bounce back Thurs.

Re the bolded, sure. But Dak completed 88% of his passes for 11 ypa. So I would add (...their passing game/our passing defense).
Post #: 2885
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/21/2022 8:28:10 AM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

quote:

Well we liked their resilience in a ton of games this season. They have a good opportunity to show some resilience on Thursday. Let's see what we get from primetime Vikings.

Yep. Pats are in a pretty good division but I think they can be beaten.

One weird theory, I've always thought away teams play surprisingly well on Thanksgiving, XMas, and New Year's. It's like they don't have any distractions or something.
Post #: 2886
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/21/2022 8:29:32 AM   
Richard Neussendorfer

quote:

quote:

quote:

Yep. Pats are in a pretty good division but I think they can be beaten.

One weird theory, I've always thought away teams play surprisingly well on Thanksgiving, XMas, and New Year's. It's like they don't have any distractions or something.

I think I've heard former athletes say the same thing.
Post #: 2887
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/21/2022 8:36:07 AM   
Bill Johanesen

Just from a pure leadership perspective, I wonder how KOC is handling this with the team.

Probably not much time to dwell on it as there is a game in three days.
Post #: 2888
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/21/2022 8:37:13 AM   
Todd M

We were a scrappy team with a bit of a chip on our shoulder. We got too high and got punched the **** out. We'll see where we stand in a month. If the division is locked up and it looks like we have a good shot at the #2 seed then we'll have bounced back and ARE a team.

The division is so shitty limping to just a NFCN title isn't enough. I'm don't think that team gets out of the 1st round.

Funny how as soon as legit talk of us being contenders hit we folded hard and fast. Throughout the years and all the change Vikings gotta Viking.
Post #: 2889
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/21/2022 8:38:05 AM   
Trekgeekscott

I have just two things to say.

1. I am glad we got the debacle embarrassing loss out of the way before the playoffs.

2. We needed this dose of reality. I think the players were probably starting to get a little too full of themselves especially after Buffalo. This will humble them.

I don't want to go through things that don't kill me and make me stronger anymore.
Post #: 2890
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/21/2022 8:39:47 AM   
Richard Neussendorfer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Todd M

We were a scrappy team with a bit of a chip on our shoulder. We got too high and got punched the **** out. We'll see where we stand in a month. If the division is locked up and it looks like we have a good shot at the #2 seed then we'll have bounced back and ARE a team.

The division is so shitty limping to just a NFCN title isn't enough. I'm don't think that team gets out of the 1st round.

Funny how as soon as legit talk of us being contenders hit we folded hard and fast. Throughout the years and all the change Vikings gotta Viking.

That's why I think anyone on this team needs to stfu about national respect. You haven't won anything ever! Earn it and then talk.
Post #: 2891
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/21/2022 8:46:46 AM   
ronhextall

Watching Mahomes last night. No other QB in the league deserves to make any more than 1/2 the salary he does. He is just that good.

Absolutely insane how good he is.

I would trade 15 first round picks for him, and if offered KC wouldn't even consider it.
Post #: 2892
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/21/2022 8:59:16 AM   
Todd M

Mahommes is phenomenal. Cousins will never be close to that.

Cousins is an albatross. He's not the shittiest...albatross...he's like in the 80th to 90th percentile albatrossonian.

As soon as he couldn't not only convert our 1st 3rd down but soiled himself on it I knew we were in trouble.

< Message edited by Todd M -- 11/21/2022 9:03:51 AM >
Post #: 2893
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/21/2022 8:59:24 AM   
Richard Neussendorfer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Trekgeekscott

I have just two things to say.

1. I am glad we got the debacle embarrassing loss out of the way before the playoffs.

2. We needed this dose of reality. I think the players were probably starting to get a little too full of themselves especially after Buffalo. This will humble them.

We've played 2 quality nfc teams and got embarrassed on both accounts. I'm not so sure we got anything out of the way.
Post #: 2894
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/21/2022 9:20:59 AM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

quote:

Perfect storm. Add a Buffalo hangover. They're not that good, we're not that bad ... but what they do well fits hand and glove into some of our bigger flaws, which magnifies them even more. (their run game/our run defense, their pass rush/our pass protection ...)

IMO we have been winning with some help from our opponents and some momentum induced luck. Dal gave us none of that.

We have deserved every win ... I'm not saying that ... but its not that we've greatly improved overall IMO as a team or an offense or a defense ... we just always come up with a few great plays and we have played much cleaner than our opponents. GB, Det, NO, Chi, Mia, Az, Wash ... thats seven out of eight wins against teams not that good or not at their best.

Ironically, the defense has shown a little improvement overall while our more talented offense is still sputtering for quarters at a time (although the D is still a liability).

That's worrisome. We have an Offensive minded coach, the team is supposed to be wired offensively, the real talent is on that side ... we better figure out a way to avoid our quarterly nosedives and hope the defense keeps improving incrementally, especially against the run ...

Re the bolded, sure. But Dak completed 88% of his passes for 11 ypa. So I would add (...their passing game/our passing defense).

Dak played out of his gourd for sure but … IMO the chunks they were biting off in the run game skewered us. Booth was so soft and the LBs, Ss so occupied … the spacing in our pass defense looked like the first few games.
Post #: 2895
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/21/2022 9:22:57 AM   
Richard Neussendorfer

quote:

quote:

quote:

Dak played out of his gourd for sure but … IMO the chunks they were biting off in the run game skewered us. Booth was so soft and the LBs, Ss so occupied … the spacing in our pass defense looked like the first few games.

I don't like the 3-4. I'm not sure if it's the way we run it but there's running lanes galore.
Post #: 2896
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/21/2022 9:23:52 AM   
Rob Viking

quote:

quote:

I had seen all I needed to see before halftime. It was as bad an ass kicking I have seen in a long time..... I guess it's better to get a game like that out of your system now instead of having another 41-0 beating in the playoffs.

I'm trying to remember a worse home performance. I've been watching since 86. I got nothing.

A few come to mind in recent years:

- Colts almost or perhaps shut them out. The Bradford year.
- Seattle destroyed them at the Gopher stadium

That's about it.
Post #: 2897
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/21/2022 9:25:41 AM   
Richard Neussendorfer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rob Viking

quote:

quote:

A few come to mind in recent years:

- Colts almost or perhaps shut them out. The Bradford year.
- Seattle destroyed them at the Gopher stadium

That's about it.

Those were bad along with Buffalo a couple years ago. Nothing like this one though.
Post #: 2898
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/21/2022 9:32:17 AM  1 votes
Daniel Lee Young

I am at a loss for any positive words.

The third snap of the game set a tone.

Two dropped touchdown throws after the defensive stand to hold The Cowboys to the Field goal after the opening fumble, killed my vibe that we might overcome.

Then bad Cousins, porous defense, and turtle Offense made the game unwatchable.

I went back to bed at 2 minutes left in the first half, knowing Dallas would be up at 20-3.

Little did I know that 2 minutes and Dak Prescott, and a legit Field goal kicker, would hit a fn 60!…60! Yard field goal to pound the coffin shut at the half..

PS: Matt… “sports..sports..sports… blah ****ing blah.. ****ing blah…”

I will have you on block, for being a dipshit in general, for a looooong time.

To say that shit to a guy who has followed this team for as long as I have, proves the others who said you were just a troll… absolutely correct.

Go… ****ing… ****.. yourself. Troll.

"Thou shall not bear false witness”
I am WRATH, incarnate.
@RlyeeNicole’sDad
Post #: 2899
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/21/2022 9:32:34 AM   
Daniel Lee Young

SD.

"Thou shall not bear false witness”
I am WRATH, incarnate.
@RlyeeNicole’sDad
Post #: 2900
Page:   <<   < prev  114 115 [116] 117 118   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  114 115 [116] 117 118   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode