Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: General Vikes Talk

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  115 116 [117] 118 119   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/21/2022 9:34:13 AM   
TJSweens

quote:

ORIGINAL: Todd M

Gonna call it a one off until I see how they respond.

I refuse to get sucked into a negative black hole over it.

Agreed. My son and I froze our asses off at TCF Bank Stadium and watched as the Sea Hags absolutely destroyed the Vikings. The only offense was a Patterson kickoff returned for a TD. Not long after the Vikings came within a blown chip shot FG of knocking those same Sea Hags out of the playoffs.

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 2901
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/21/2022 9:37:01 AM   
Richard Neussendorfer

quote:

ORIGINAL: TJSweens

quote:

Agreed. My son and I froze our asses off at TCF Bank Stadium and watched as the Sea Hags absolutely destroyed the Vikings. The only offense was a Patterson kickoff returned for a TD. Not long after the Vikings came within a blown chip shot FG of knocking those same Sea Hags out of the playoffs.

So the moral of the story is a heart breaking playoff loss? Sounds about correct with this franchise. I could see our kicker doing that again.
Post #: 2902
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/21/2022 9:39:22 AM   
TJSweens

quote:

ORIGINAL: Richard Neussendorfer

quote:

quote:

So the moral of the story is a heart breaking playoff loss? Sounds about correct with this franchise. I could see our kicker doing that again.

The moral of the story is that they came back and outplayed the same team that destroyed them a month earlier.

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 2903
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/21/2022 9:41:19 AM   
Richard Neussendorfer

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

The moral of the story is that they came back and outplayed the same team that destroyed them a month earlier.

How did they outplay them? They lost. They chose fgs. Didn't even try for tds. That game was very exemplary of the franchise.
Post #: 2904
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/21/2022 9:46:01 AM   
Rob Viking

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

I was thinking about that as well. There's a chance the Cowboys come back to Minnesota in January.

The Cowboys are arguably the best in the NFC along with the 49ers IMO. The Eagles will begin to wilt as teams are realizing how to play Hurts. Their schedule is so soft it will only happen in the playoffs.
Post #: 2905
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/21/2022 9:48:44 AM   
geoffrey greitzer

3rd conversations?
very lopsided..because they ran at will.
cousins sacked 7 times...under pressure more than 2/3 rds of his throws.
Vikings had no running game.

conversations of 1st downs after a sack works out to a 30% drop in conversation rate.

no sacks and very little pressure on a qb with a cb that was afraid to get burned...then of course he tried to adjust and did get burned..
Post #: 2906
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/21/2022 9:48:53 AM   
Richard Neussendorfer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rob Viking

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

I was thinking about that as well. There's a chance the Cowboys come back to Minnesota in January.

The Cowboys are arguably the best in the NFC along with the 49ers IMO. The Eagles will begin to wilt as teams are realizing how to play Hurts. Their schedule is so soft it will only happen in the playoffs.

The Cowboys and Niners are the teams that can destroy what we do pretty naturally. I don't like our odds against either one of them. Much more physical brand of football than our side.
Post #: 2907
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/21/2022 10:01:40 AM   
Lars

My $0.02:

That performance was awful in every aspect - from coaches down to players.

The OL was completely overmatched by the DL - and it seemed like we had never seen a blitz before. Cousins had no time, and held the ball too long on others. Passing game was pathetic.

Dropped passes.

Missed blocks.

Poor tackling.

Lousy playcalling.

The OL pushed our front around all night.

This game is STILL won in the trenches and the Vikes got pwned!!

As the game got more out of hand, the inbalance shifted significantly: they had our defense on its heels and they could just into attack mode with their defense.

My hope is that they come to work today pissed and refocused, and wanting to get the bad taste of that shit sandwich out of their mouths.

<this space for rent>
Post #: 2908
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/21/2022 10:02:35 AM   
Ricky J

Ouch!

Some of you Gopher fans really took in the teeth this weekend.

That's a lot of money (time, emotion) to go up and see a game. And it doesn't make it any better traveling with Cowboy fans. ha

- oh well, keep winning, pay these bastards back in the in the playoffs and still make it a memorable season of it.
Post #: 2909
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/21/2022 10:04:04 AM   
Lars

And there were way too many Cowboy fans in that stadium. WTF?!

<this space for rent>
Post #: 2910
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/21/2022 10:09:47 AM   
Ricky J

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lars

My $0.02:

That performance was awful in every aspect - from coaches down to players.

The OL was completely overmatched by the DL - and it seemed like we had never seen a blitz before. Cousins had no time, and held the ball too long on others. Passing game was pathetic.

Dropped passes.

Missed blocks.

Poor tackling.

Lousy playcalling.

The OL pushed our front around all night.

This game is STILL won in the trenches and the Vikes got pwned!!

As the game got more out of hand, the inbalance shifted significantly: they had our defense on its heels and they could just into attack mode with their defense.

My hope is that they come to work today pissed and refocused, and wanting to get the bad taste of that shit sandwich out of their mouths.

Not many plays are going to work when you get your ass kicked in the trenches like we did all game long.

Ben Leber

@nacholeber
Good ol fashioned ass kicking right now. Vikes badly losing at the LOS.
Post #: 2911
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/21/2022 10:12:01 AM   
Ricky J

Todd, when I saw how happy the players were at the coin flip to get the ball first I thought, oh oh, if we don't score ...

That scoring first was a really cool thing all year long - now it's time to defer and get the ball in the 2nd half. ;)
Post #: 2912
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/21/2022 10:13:15 AM   
David F.

I think I've found something positive. Since we haven't been overusing Cook all season it appears he's still fresh and effective in week 11. This is a welcome change. That's it. That's all I've got.

I wouldn't give ANY qb $30-50+ mil unless that QB had won me a Super Bowl. Did you win a Super Bowl on your rookie deal? Yes? Great! Here's your hugenormous contract. F it let's just run victory laps and love life. No? Good luck. Next!
Post #: 2913
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/21/2022 10:17:17 AM   
Ricky J

And there's this - although no one will be happy with a 1 and done:

Adam Patrick @Str8_Cash_Homey
·
13h
After their 37-point loss today, the #Vikings’ chance of making the playoffs has gone from 99% to 99% according to
@FiveThirtyEight
Post #: 2914
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/21/2022 10:47:13 AM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tom Sykes

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Johanesen

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tom Sykes

Perfect storm. Add a Buffalo hangover. They're not that good, we're not that bad ... but what they do well fits hand and glove into some of our bigger flaws, which magnifies them even more. (their run game/our run defense, their pass rush/our pass protection ...)

IMO we have been winning with some help from our opponents and some momentum induced luck. Dal gave us none of that.

We have deserved every win ... I'm not saying that ... but its not that we've greatly improved overall IMO as a team or an offense or a defense ... we just always come up with a few great plays and we have played much cleaner than our opponents. GB, Det, NO, Chi, Mia, Az, Wash ... thats seven out of eight wins against teams not that good or not at their best.

Ironically, the defense has shown a little improvement overall while our more talented offense is still sputtering for quarters at a time (although the D is still a liability).

That's worrisome. We have an Offensive minded coach, the team is supposed to be wired offensively, the real talent is on that side ... we better figure out a way to avoid our quarterly nosedives and hope the defense keeps improving incrementally, especially against the run ...

We have proven our grittiness. I see a bounce back Thurs.

Re the bolded, sure. But Dak completed 88% of his passes for 11 ypa. So I would add (...their passing game/our passing defense).

Dak played out of his gourd for sure but … IMO the chunks they were biting off in the run game skewered us. Booth was so soft and the LBs, Ss so occupied … the spacing in our pass defense looked like the first few games.

I don't like the 3-4. I'm not sure if it's the way we run it but there's running lanes galore.

I’m not sure what it is … maybe we spend too much time disguising our packages … mis-using personnel … is that our version of the 3-4, dropping Hunter Wonnum back into passing lanes?

… regardless we need a serious upgrade in personnel.

Not everybody is going to match up with us as viciously as Dallas. At this point in the season, each ‘next week’ will tell us more than the game before, how we respond etc, how good or mediocre we are. Yes the first half of season matters for playoff seeding

but that 8-1 record is now in the wind.
Post #: 2915
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/21/2022 10:48:09 AM   
Ricky J

@derekjayl
·
15h
Kirk cousins faced a 63% pressure rate (highest in his career). For reference of how insane that is, Patrick Mahomes faced 37.5% pressure rate against the Buccaneers in the 2020 Super Bowl.
Post #: 2916
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/21/2022 11:07:38 AM  1 votes
David Levine

I've got a houseful of Hawaiians - guess I picked the right game to miss...
Post #: 2917
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/21/2022 11:08:27 AM   
Steve Lentz

Six out of 7 sacks with a 4 man rush. Sad.

" I believe empathy is the most essential quality of civilization"
Post #: 2918
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/21/2022 11:18:14 AM   
Rob Viking

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ricky J

@derekjayl
·
15h
Kirk cousins faced a 63% pressure rate (highest in his career). For reference of how insane that is, Patrick Mahomes faced 37.5% pressure rate against the Buccaneers in the 2020 Super Bowl.

That's incredible. I was surprised he was only sacked 7 times, it felt like 10+.
Post #: 2919
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/21/2022 11:19:59 AM   
ronhextall

quote:

@derekjayl
·
15h

Basically didn't stand a chance. Zero chance.

Mahomes seemed to be running for his life every play in that Super Bowl and Kirk had close to double the pressure.

The OL seems to be a decade long issue.
Post #: 2920
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/21/2022 11:24:33 AM   
Steve Lentz

quote:

ORIGINAL: ronhextall

quote:

@derekjayl
·
15h

Basically didn't stand a chance. Zero chance.

Mahomes seemed to be running for his life every play in that Super Bowl and Kirk had close to double the pressure.

The OL seems to be a decade long issue.

Our primary issue for a long time.

" I believe empathy is the most essential quality of civilization"
Post #: 2921
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/21/2022 11:32:32 AM   
Murph

Donashell and our passive defense is this team's most glaring weakness, imo

Chunk plays all over the field.

Hey Wilf's, let's build a "Perennial Super Bowl contender" not a "perennial playoff contender".
Post #: 2922
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/21/2022 12:05:30 PM   
Ricky J

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rob Viking

quote:

@derekjayl
·
15h

That's incredible. I was surprised he was only sacked 7 times, it felt like 10+.

On the ride home the question of how many sacks came up and I said a min. of 7. So, your saying 10+ was a probably an accurate feeling to some anyway
Post #: 2923
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/21/2022 12:17:25 PM   
Rob Viking

quote:

ORIGINAL: Murph

Donashell and our passive defense is this team's most glaring weakness, imo

Chunk plays all over the field.

Donashell, I like it.
Post #: 2924
RE: General Vikes Talk - 11/21/2022 12:54:22 PM   
thebigo

quote:

Todd, when I saw how happy the players were at the coin flip to get the ball first I thought, oh oh, if we don't score ...

That scoring first was a really cool thing all year long - now it's time to defer and get the ball in the 2nd half. ;)

I don't think we've won any coin flips recently.
Post #: 2925
Page:   <<   < prev  115 116 [117] 118 119   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  115 116 [117] 118 119   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode