Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: General Vikes Talk

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  128 129 [130] 131 132   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/1/2022 10:28:55 AM   
bstinger

quote:

ORIGINAL: Phil Riewer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Johanesen

quote:

quote:

It's weird how year after year Phil endlessly defends the existing regime. Then when the regime is replaced en masse, he moves seamlessly to defending the next regime.

Nah. I see a 9-2 team that has two rookie starters as not a fail. 3 rookies with the punter. But that is me. 11 games does not make a career..

Boy Bill must have loved Williams who hasn’t played a game yet or Davis who is also out now.

So the scratchy noise last night was just you moving the goalposts.

You're like Tattoo in Fantasy Island: "The punter! The punter!"

That was only a minor part of my post...but bill the punter the punter. The point was about the rookies....so knock your head against your own goalposts.

When a team is 9-2; the FO deserves credit. You act like they are 2-9 and I am still backing them.
Still haven't heard you interject who you would have had instead......

Not necessarily Phil. A team can be 9-2 and the FO can have screwed up the current years draft. They aren't mutually exclusive.

"You guys are true athletes!"

--twinsfan
Post #: 3226
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/1/2022 10:55:55 AM   
Murph

quote:

ORIGINAL: bstinger

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

It's weird how year after year Phil endlessly defends the existing regime. Then when the regime is replaced en masse, he moves seamlessly to defending the next regime.

Nah. I see a 9-2 team that has two rookie starters as not a fail. 3 rookies with the punter. But that is me. 11 games does not make a career..

Boy Bill must have loved Williams who hasn’t played a game yet or Davis who is also out now.

That was only a minor part of my post...but bill the punter the punter. The point was about the rookies....so knock your head against your own goalposts.

When a team is 9-2; the FO deserves credit. You act like they are 2-9 and I am still backing them.

Not necessarily Phil. A team can be 9-2 and the FO can have screwed up the current years draft. They aren't mutually exclusive.

I'll repeat what I said earlier in a different way:

I believe in today's current NFL it takes a full 2 seasons to get a good idea of a draft class as a whole.

That said, the early returns aren't good, in fact I'd say Spielmans's worst draft looks better than this one.

I still can't let go of that first round trade gaff either.

Hey Wilf's, let's build a "Perennial Super Bowl contender" not a "perennial playoff contender".
Post #: 3227
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/1/2022 11:13:01 AM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

No, the point - the topic - was about the draft selections. Specifically, the Vikings draft selections.

You moved the goalposts with your collapsible, portable goalposts you keep in your J.C. Penney pocket protector.

Davis in a small trade down or Jameson Williams if the medicals cleared. Later pick used for highest ranked CB. Obviously, that would not have worked since Philly took Davis at 13. Happy? Did I answer your stupid question?

So how would you rate Williams and Davis as picks? (IMO which I have stated; incomplete....just like ours)

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 3228
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/1/2022 11:15:25 AM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

No, the point - the topic - was about the draft selections. Specifically, the Vikings draft selections.

You moved the goalposts with your collapsible, portable goalposts you keep in your J.C. Penney pocket protector.

Davis in a small trade down or Jameson Williams if the medicals cleared. Later pick used for highest ranked CB. Obviously, that would not have worked since Philly took Davis at 13. Happy? Did I answer your stupid question?

You created the punter goalpost yourself; like usual.

It isn't a stupid question...your alternatives are incompletes for the season also...

Post #: 3229
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/1/2022 11:37:00 AM   
TJSweens

No Phil, you created the punter goalposts. You saying otherwise isn't fooling anybody. You pointed to him as a draft success even though he wasn't drafted.

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 3230
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/1/2022 12:26:23 PM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

ORIGINAL: TJSweens

No Phil, you created the punter goalposts. You saying otherwise isn't fooling anybody. You pointed to him as a draft success even though he wasn't drafted.

It was a sidenote to the 2 rookie starters....that isn't anywhere close to a goalpost.

Here is the post
Ingram---way better than Dozier. Lots of work to do in Pass Pro; but a very good run blocker.
Evans---would be starting if not injured.
2 starters; first year.
1 Starter is a UDFA (Punter).
Not all that bad and time yet to improve.

You are stuck in Bill's mud as he loves clanking his own head against the goal post; once again.

Post #: 3231
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/1/2022 12:58:13 PM   
TJSweens

quote:

quote:

It was a sidenote to the 2 rookie starters....that isn't anywhere close to a goalpost.

Here is the post
Ingram---way better than Dozier. Lots of work to do in Pass Pro; but a very good run blocker.
2 starters; first year.

You are stuck in Bill's mud as he loves clanking his own head against the goal post; once again

You were responding to a draft post and threw in an undrafted FA as if he was relevant to a draft discussion.

< Message edited by TJSweens -- 12/1/2022 1:01:19 PM >

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 3232
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/1/2022 1:04:42 PM   
ratoppenheimer

injury report from yesterday:

Christian Darrisaw DNP

Harrison Smith (ankle) LP

Akayleb Evans....full participation
Dalvin Tomlinson.....full participation

the journey...is paradise.
Post #: 3233
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/1/2022 1:10:31 PM   
Mark Anderson

UDFAs are basically part of the draft. It is actually tougher than the draft because there is no order and it is a free for all.

That being said, early returns on our high draft picks are not good but hopefully will improve.

< Message edited by Mark Anderson -- 12/1/2022 1:11:57 PM >
Post #: 3234
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/1/2022 2:53:37 PM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

quote:

quote:

Here is the post
2 starters; first year.

You are stuck in Bill's mud as he loves clanking his own head against the goal post; once again

You were responding to a draft post and threw in an undrafted FA as if he was relevant to a draft discussion.

So Phil moved the goalpoosts...

In other News
I am a Star Trek Geek
Donald Trump lies a lot
Vikings uniforms are purple
Water is wet
Winter in Minnesota is cold and snowy
Summer in Arizona is Hot
Cars have four wheels
Guns kill
Daytona is a big oval
and the Packers found a way to suck this year...which makes me happy

I don't want to go through things that don't kill me and make me stronger anymore.
Post #: 3235
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/1/2022 2:55:07 PM   
Pauldiercks1

It will be an interesting weekend. The Jets play tough and have some talent. If the Vikings win awesome, if not it will be tough to take them too seriously as a playoff team based on their losses.
Post #: 3236
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/1/2022 4:20:25 PM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mark Anderson

UDFAs are basically part of the draft. It is actually tougher than the draft because there is no order and it is a free for all.

That being said, early returns on our high draft picks are not good but hopefully will improve.

They are connected … one cant happen without the other … but they are two vastly different, separate processes.

Give credit for finding undrafted talent … but saying we drafted well because we signed an undrafted punter after the draft is absurd.
Post #: 3237
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/1/2022 5:35:01 PM   
Richard Neussendorfer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tom Sykes

quote:

They are connected … one cant happen without the other … but they are two vastly different, separate processes.

Give credit for finding undrafted talent … but saying we drafted well because we signed an undrafted punter after the draft is absurd.

I would think they fall more under free agents since they're you know, free agents.
Post #: 3238
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/1/2022 5:55:20 PM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

ORIGINAL: Richard Neussendorfer

quote:

quote:

I would think they fall more under free agents since they're you know, free agents.

True, they are like mini free agents. They sign where they want to.
Post #: 3239
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/1/2022 5:59:56 PM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

quote:

Here is the post
2 starters; first year.

You are stuck in Bill's mud as he loves clanking his own head against the goal post; once again.

Ingram is THE ONLY STARTER from the draft ... so far ... period. He's a decent run blocker for a rookie but absolutely horrendous in pass protection. Being a starter does not automatically qualify you as a draft success if you are the weakest link on the team by far, of all the starters.
Evans is not a starter, he backs up Dantzler and only gets the start if Dantzler is injured.
1 starter from UDFA, a punter.

EDIT
Preliminary results: not much help so far

< Message edited by Tom Sykes -- 12/2/2022 6:53:32 AM >
Post #: 3240
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/1/2022 6:16:20 PM   
kevinemmer

Hi All

Just wanted to say:

I EFF-ING LOVE KOC!!!!

Man, what a difference, the culture at Winter Park is in a total reversal.

Check out the you tube mic'd up against the Pats.

The Vikes future is very bright with this guy at the helm.

Carry on.

PS
Agree that so far, the draft appears to be highly sucky (especially at the top).
We shall see, I think Kwesi will get better.

< Message edited by kevinemmer -- 12/1/2022 6:19:03 PM >
Post #: 3241
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/2/2022 6:58:53 AM  2 votes
Karl Juhnke

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/35146086/inside-justin-jefferson-record-breaking-physics-defying-rise-minnesota-vikings

Wow. Jefferson cover story on ESPN. Fantastic read. You will fall even more in love with him. The first paragraph reads like poetry:

quote:

HE RUNS DOWNFIELD as if traveling on grooves. He reaches full speed within two strides, his feet like stones skipping across a flat lake, his hips swerving in and out of cuts without betraying his intent. Vikings receiver Justin Jefferson is a storm that feels far away until it's suddenly overhead. Defenders must feel like they're trying to cover a cloud.

And one revealing, but not surprising side note about the contrast between the previous coaching regime and the current one:

quote:

O'Connell's approach immediately diverged from Zimmer's. During training camp, O'Connell invited Jefferson to his office for a conversation, which is how he learned that Justin Jefferson -- top five receiver in the NFL, two-time Pro Bowler, most popular Viking by far -- had not only never been to the head coach's office but didn't have any idea where it was.

< Message edited by Karl Juhnke -- 12/2/2022 7:02:22 AM >
Post #: 3242
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/2/2022 7:09:04 AM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

ORIGINAL: kevinemmer

Hi All

Just wanted to say:

I EFF-ING LOVE KOC!!!!

Man, what a difference, the culture at Winter Park is in a total reversal.

Check out the you tube mic'd up against the Pats.

The Vikes future is very bright with this guy at the helm.

Carry on.

PS
Agree that so far, the draft appears to be highly sucky (especially at the top).
We shall see, I think Kwesi will get better.

Given the situation he walked into, KOC has done a remarkable job getting the most he can out of this roster.

Its been a lot of fun … clearly, as we bring in more help along the way and start tweaking this roster in earnest … we have a lot to look forward to.

< Message edited by Tom Sykes -- 12/2/2022 7:10:17 AM >
Post #: 3243
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/2/2022 7:34:24 AM   
TJSweens

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Richard Neussendorfer

quote:

quote:

True, they are like mini free agents. They sign where they want to.

UDFA are a species of the genus FA.

Post #: 3244
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/2/2022 8:21:15 AM   
marty

I wonder how KOC would do with a strong draft. And I wonder how he would do developing a good, young QB.

I love the playcalling, except I think he should run a tad more.

The defense isn't aggressive enough, but a few of the stars make it adequate.

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 3245
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/2/2022 8:37:51 AM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

You created the punter goalpost yourself; like usual.

It isn't a stupid question...your alternatives are incompletes for the season also...

And your questions on who posters would have drafted is moving the goalposts.

The topic is the 2022 Minnesota Vikings draft picks. Picked by the GM.

Can you follow these two simple things? I already know the answer is a resounding NO.
Post #: 3246
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/2/2022 8:42:58 AM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

quote:

Phil is a FOD... Front Office Defender.

Just like he blames losses and failed seasons on injuries. In the offseason he was mourning the loss of some 2nd-3rd stringer as a big reason the team faltered.

For him, it's living vicariously siding with "management". His upper crust.

< Message edited by Bill Johanesen -- 12/2/2022 8:44:27 AM >
Post #: 3247
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/2/2022 8:50:48 AM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

ORIGINAL: Karl Juhnke

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/35146086/inside-justin-jefferson-record-breaking-physics-defying-rise-minnesota-vikings

Wow. Jefferson cover story on ESPN. Fantastic read. You will fall even more in love with him. The first paragraph reads like poetry:

quote:

HE RUNS DOWNFIELD as if traveling on grooves. He reaches full speed within two strides, his feet like stones skipping across a flat lake, his hips swerving in and out of cuts without betraying his intent. Vikings receiver Justin Jefferson is a storm that feels far away until it's suddenly overhead. Defenders must feel like they're trying to cover a cloud.

And one revealing, but not surprising side note about the contrast between the previous coaching regime and the current one:

quote:

O'Connell's approach immediately diverged from Zimmer's. During training camp, O'Connell invited Jefferson to his office for a conversation, which is how he learned that Justin Jefferson -- top five receiver in the NFL, two-time Pro Bowler, most popular Viking by far -- had not only never been to the head coach's office but didn't have any idea where it was.

Great writing followed by an incredible factoid.
Post #: 3248
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/2/2022 9:18:05 AM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

quote:

quote:

Phil is a FOD... Front Office Defender.

Just like he blames losses and failed seasons on injuries. In the offseason he was mourning the loss of some 2nd-3rd stringer as a big reason the team faltered.

For him, it's living vicariously siding with "management". His upper crust.

9-2 is my response; they are doing things right.

How do you feel about your Laker FO right now?

Do you see me defending the TWOLVES FO or Twins FO right now? Vikings FO has done it right.

< Message edited by Phil Riewer -- 12/2/2022 9:19:43 AM >

Post #: 3249
RE: General Vikes Talk - 12/2/2022 9:27:16 AM   
Phil Riewer

Adam Awes
@AdamAwes10K
·
8h
Per
@PFF
, the Vikings have played the 9th hardest schedule so far. The Vikings record is 9-2.

Teams that have had an easier schedule so far:
- 49ers (32nd)
- Eagles (29th)
- Cowboys (22nd)
- Dolphins (20th)
- Chiefs (15th)

But the Vikings seem to be the only fraudulent team🤔

Post #: 3250
Page:   <<   < prev  128 129 [130] 131 132   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  128 129 [130] 131 132   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode