Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: General Vikes Talk

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  217 218 [219] 220 221   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/24/2023 9:26:04 AM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

ORIGINAL: bstinger

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Johanesen

quote:

quote:

Comical to look at a couple of positions in 2023, both 3rd highest:

LB: $52 million!
RB: $20 million

DB is about average at $32 million with Harrison gobbling up 2/3rds of that.

Note players like Hunter and Z Smith are counted twice (edge and LB).

?
Not where I'm looking. Do you have a link to what you are looking at?

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/minnesota-vikings/positional/defensive-line/2022/active-cap/

I said 2023 and your link shows 2022. Them thar paychacks are gonna git bigger unless they burn the place down!

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/minnesota-vikings/positional/

Lay off the puntas unless you are in Parador!

Your first post included a link that brought me to 2022 salaries. I missed the fact that your 2nd post switched the year to 2023. In either case, neither year showed Hunter and Z as D Line.

Yep, I switched gears to 2023 and specified so right up front. Again, Hunter and Z are listed under LB and Edge. Again, you have to do a wee bit of math.

< Message edited by Bill Johanesen -- 1/24/2023 9:38:10 AM >
Post #: 5451
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/24/2023 9:28:34 AM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rob Viking

quote:

ORIGINAL: Trekgeekscott

quote:

ORIGINAL: Richard Neussendorfer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ricky J

Dak's final play off the season:

https://youtu.be/U35HdAHNoHo

-last years was better, though, right?

I know the gms are smarter than I am but at some point they'll stop paying qbs these ridiculous contracts just because it's "their turn". The top 3 to 5 qbs I can understand. Not these average qbs to slightly above average.

The Cowboys didn't have any falloff in production when Prescott was out for several games early in the year. They did just fine with Cooper Rush.

The Cowboys were more in tune with their game planning when Rush was in the game. With Prescott they don't seem to have the same attention to detail. If they use similar game plans with Prescott as they did with Rush they would be a more effective team, playing complimentary football. With that philosophy, they'd be 1 win away from getting to the SB.

Pollard's broken leg in the 2nd quarter didn't help matters in that game.
Post #: 5452
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/24/2023 9:44:22 AM   
Ricky J

quote:

ORIGINAL: Daniel Lee Young

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Daniel Lee Young

Like KC pointedly did not do?

Nice.

Yep! Once in awhile i don't mind serving up a fat one

Oh now that you mention it, it was quite obese.

Gave Trump a run for his money…

right, the fat f!
Post #: 5453
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/24/2023 10:30:00 AM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

ORIGINAL: David F.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Brad H

The best two teams still playing are both in the NFC in Philadelphia and San Francisco. HANDS DOWN!

If I were a betting man, I'd be laying money on Philly to win it all. They look like the complete package to me.

Take a look at where they used their positional salary cap allotment. They had $64 million!!!!!!!!!!!!!! in dead cap this year and still put together a championship caliber team.

QB: $5 million (2.5 of that is Gardner Minshew for crying out loud)
RB: $5.3 million (got 1269 yards and 11 TDs out of Miles Sanders, got another 7 TDs between Kenneth Gainwell and Boston Scott)
WR: $13 million AJ Brown 1496 yards 11 TDs, Davonta Smith 1196 yards 7 TDs
TE: $5.2 million Dallas Goedert 700 yards 3 TDs
O-Line: $27 million

D-Line: $44 million!
Corners: $16 million

It's pretty obvious what KAM has to do. The cuts won't even be that painful. Guys are past their prime.

There will be the tough decision on what to do with Hunter but that is about it.

< Message edited by Mark Anderson -- 1/24/2023 10:37:13 AM >
Post #: 5454
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/24/2023 1:20:51 PM   
bstinger

On PFF's mock draft I was able to trade Cousins (need him to waive his NTC), Cook, Thielen, Hunter, Kendricks and Smith for Picks. I doubt real GM's would give me what I got, but the system doesn't give stuff away, I had to negotiate a lot.

For Cook, Houston gave me their 4th this year, their 4th next year, and the 5th in 2025.
For Thielen, I gave a 4th and got a 3rd, 103 to 79.
For Smith, I got a 2nd, a 4th this year and a 4th next year, and gave up a 3rd, the one I got for Thielen.
For Hunter, I got a 2nd, 4th, and 6th, and gave back a 3rd.
For Kendricks, I moved up 20 spots in the 3rd and moved up from 177 in 5th to 105 in the 4th.
For Cousins, I got the #7 overall, #70 and a 3rd in 2024, while giving up #23 the #105 and a 4th in 2024.

I picked Bryce Young, QB Alabama with #7.

Had picks at 7, 34, 61, 70, 104, 119, 132, 160, 199, 201.

I also added a 3rd and 4th in 2024 and a 5th in 2025.

The moves also left us with a little over 28 million in Cap Space.

Trading Hunter actual cost an additional 5.7 Million to the cap, so I might consider keeping him, especially if we're going 4-3. I don't want to see him in pass coverage anymore.

"You guys are true athletes!"

--twinsfan
Post #: 5455
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/24/2023 1:48:07 PM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mark Anderson

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Brad H

The best two teams still playing are both in the NFC in Philadelphia and San Francisco. HANDS DOWN!

If I were a betting man, I'd be laying money on Philly to win it all. They look like the complete package to me.

Take a look at where they used their positional salary cap allotment. They had $64 million!!!!!!!!!!!!!! in dead cap this year and still put together a championship caliber team.

QB: $5 million (2.5 of that is Gardner Minshew for crying out loud)
RB: $5.3 million (got 1269 yards and 11 TDs out of Miles Sanders, got another 7 TDs between Kenneth Gainwell and Boston Scott)
WR: $13 million AJ Brown 1496 yards 11 TDs, Davonta Smith 1196 yards 7 TDs
TE: $5.2 million Dallas Goedert 700 yards 3 TDs
O-Line: $27 million

D-Line: $44 million!
Corners: $16 million

It's pretty obvious what KAM has to do. The cuts won't even be that painful. Guys are past their prime.

There will be the tough decision on what to do with Hunter but that is about it.

Yes, some straight-forward decisions. If ... your GM / HC can be aggressive and make hard decisions. Which didn't happen last offseason. Incremental changes and status quo like last offseason won't fly this offseason.

Donatell was a start although that had to be as easy as it gets in terms of cause and effect. We'll see how they move forward from this point.

No more prattling on about establishing culture and collaboration ... all I want to hear from them now is, 'Our new DC is ...' and then the sound of knives being sharpened, followed by expensive players getting trimmed from the roster like churrasco meat at a Brazilian restaurant.
Post #: 5456
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/24/2023 2:09:02 PM   
Daniel Lee Young

quote:

On PFF's mock draft I was able to trade Cousins (need him to waive his NTC), Cook, Thielen, Hunter, Kendricks and Smith for Picks. I doubt real GM's would give me what I got, but the system doesn't give stuff away, I had to negotiate a lot.

For Cook, Houston gave me their 4th this year, their 4th next year, and the 5th in 2025.
For Thielen, I gave a 4th and got a 3rd, 103 to 79.
For Smith, I got a 2nd, a 4th this year and a 4th next year, and gave up a 3rd, the one I got for Thielen.
For Hunter, I got a 2nd, 4th, and 6th, and gave back a 3rd.
For Kendricks, I moved up 20 spots in the 3rd and moved up from 177 in 5th to 105 in the 4th.
For Cousins, I got the #7 overall, #70 and a 3rd in 2024, while giving up #23 the #105 and a 4th in 2024.

I picked Bryce Young, QB Alabama with #7.

Had picks at 7, 34, 61, 70, 104, 119, 132, 160, 199, 201.

I also added a 3rd and 4th in 2024 and a 5th in 2025.

The moves also left us with a little over 28 million in Cap Space.

Trading Hunter actual cost an additional 5.7 Million to the cap, so I might consider keeping him, especially if we're going 4-3. I don't want to see him in pass coverage anymore.

Ziggy Wilf?…Call on line one from an assistant draft GM named BStinger.. urgent attention required..

"Thou shall not bear false witness”
I am WRATH, incarnate.
@RlyeeNicole’sDad
Post #: 5457
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/24/2023 3:11:11 PM   
marty

IF something happened to Kwesi, and a guy named Bstinger took over, and made those sorts of moves, I would immediately think the guy was a genius, and would be quite excited about the Vikings next 5 years.

Bstinger, any ideas on defensive coordinator ?

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 5458
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/24/2023 3:16:20 PM   
ronhextall

Nobody is going to trade for Cousins in the first round. Miss out on a cheap rookie and blow up your cap.

No way.

Nobody thinks they are a “Kirk Cousins away from contender”.
Post #: 5459
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/24/2023 3:26:24 PM   
Daniel Lee Young

quote:

ORIGINAL: ronhextall

Nobody is going to trade for Cousins in the first round. Miss out on a cheap rookie and blow up your cap.

No way.

This is so true..

His history of post season success is NOT a selling point for giving up a mid round first, let alone a #7 and whatever else it would take to unload him.

The only team that is a” Kirk Cousins away from being a contender”.. is the team that currently has him under contract.

< Message edited by Daniel Lee Young -- 1/24/2023 3:51:12 PM >

"Thou shall not bear false witness”
I am WRATH, incarnate.
@RlyeeNicole’sDad
Post #: 5460
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/24/2023 6:03:58 PM   
Phil Riewer

Skor North says that NFL execs think Lance can be had for a third round pick. What?

Do it right away.

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 5461
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/24/2023 6:09:25 PM   
David Levine

quote:

No way.

Rick Spielman is on line 1...
Post #: 5462
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/24/2023 7:20:59 PM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Levine

quote:

No way.

Rick Spielman is on line 1...

Jets would do it. I thought Lance would cost more. Trade Cousins to the Jets for two seconds. Turn our third into Lance.

< Message edited by Phil Riewer -- 1/24/2023 7:22:15 PM >

Post #: 5463
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/24/2023 8:19:47 PM   
Rob Viking

quote:

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Trekgeekscott

quote:

ORIGINAL: Richard Neussendorfer

quote:

Dak's final play off the season:

https://youtu.be/U35HdAHNoHo

-last years was better, though, right?

I know the gms are smarter than I am but at some point they'll stop paying qbs these ridiculous contracts just because it's "their turn". The top 3 to 5 qbs I can understand. Not these average qbs to slightly above average.

The Cowboys didn't have any falloff in production when Prescott was out for several games early in the year. They did just fine with Cooper Rush.

The Cowboys were more in tune with their game planning when Rush was in the game. With Prescott they don't seem to have the same attention to detail. If they use similar game plans with Prescott as they did with Rush they would be a more effective team, playing complimentary football. With that philosophy, they'd be 1 win away from getting to the SB.

Pollard's broken leg in the 2nd quarter didn't help matters in that game.

Good point. Tough to be hard on Pollard but going up against a big LB, he shouldn't have tried to power through to gain that extra yardage. The game was lost on those 2 plays. Pollard's injury also forced them to stop the clock.
Post #: 5464
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/24/2023 8:22:07 PM   
Rob Viking

quote:

No way.

Kyle Shanahan thought he was a Kirk Cousins away at one point....
Post #: 5465
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/24/2023 8:23:29 PM   
Rob Viking

quote:

ORIGINAL: Phil Riewer

Skor North says that NFL execs think Lance can be had for a third round pick. What?

Do it right away.

I'd take a chance on that. I don't really rate Lance, and I would lean on him being a bust, but the team has to try something.
Post #: 5466
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/24/2023 9:26:02 PM   
David F.

quote:

quote:

Do it right away.

I'd take a chance on that. I don't really rate Lance, and I would lean on him being a bust, but the team has to try something.

Lance's cap hits for 23 and 24 are roughly $9 and $11 million. He doesn't have to give us much for that and in the meantime we can keep drafting. If a miracle happens and he lights it up then even better.

I wouldn't give ANY qb $30-50+ mil unless that QB had won me a Super Bowl. Did you win a Super Bowl on your rookie deal? Yes? Great! Here's your hugenormous contract. F it let's just run victory laps and love life. No? Good luck. Next!
Post #: 5467
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/24/2023 10:29:18 PM   
Nate

quote:

quote:

quote:

Do it right away.

Lance's cap hits for 23 and 24 are roughly $9 and $11 million. He doesn't have to give us much for that and in the meantime we can keep drafting. If a miracle happens and he lights it up then even better.

I’d be ok with that. At least Lance can move out of the way of some pressure. KFC is like the electric football QB with the base set to spin in place.
Post #: 5468
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/24/2023 10:31:46 PM   
Nate

Maybe a Cousins for Wilson swap with the Jets? Perhaps KOC could QB whisper Wilson into being more than a cougar conqueror.
Post #: 5469
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/24/2023 11:21:03 PM   
bstinger

quote:

No way.

I didn't get a first rounder for KC. In fact I didn't even get a pick. I just moved 3 picks up a little, one of them is next year. I really didn't get much for him. I'll try to look up the value on the points chart tomorrow if someone doesn't beat me to it first.

--twinsfan
Post #: 5470
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/24/2023 11:22:53 PM   
bstinger

quote:

ORIGINAL: marty

IF something happened to Kwesi, and a guy named Bstinger took over, and made those sorts of moves, I would immediately think the guy was a genius, and would be quite excited about the Vikings next 5 years.

Bstinger, any ideas on defensive coordinator ?

I don't have a name for you, but I want someone who imploys an attacking defense. I want the opposing QB on the ground a lot. I would also draft fast physical athletes for him to utilize.

--twinsfan
Post #: 5471
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/25/2023 7:12:58 AM  1 votes
Tom Sykes

This Cousins talk is ridiculously pointless and frivolous. Cousins is the QB next year, for sure.

I'll be surprised if he's not the QB here for the two years after that as well (on an extension).

I could see them signing a cheap non-threatening reclamation project as a pure backup. Like a Darnold.

'We went 13-4! We know what we're doing! Third best team in our division come playoff time? Abject playoff failure? Donatell fired, problem solved!'

What a shame. I just don't think this regime will shoot higher.
Post #: 5472
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/25/2023 7:34:45 AM   
bstinger

quote:

quote:

No way.

I didn't get a first rounder for KC. In fact I didn't even get a pick. I just moved 3 picks up a little, one of them is next year. I really didn't get much for him. I'll try to look up the value on the points chart tomorrow if someone doesn't beat me to it first.

The 3 move ups equate to roughly 1,000 pts which is a mid first rounder.

I did get the Patriots at 14 to trade for him straight up once but not always, sometimes I have to throw in a late rounder.

I know it's not likely, but it's fun to explore the possibilities. Got a lot of time to kill between now and the draft.

--twinsfan
Post #: 5473
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/25/2023 7:39:57 AM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tom Sykes

This Cousins talk is ridiculously pointless and frivolous. Cousins is the QB next year, for sure.

I'll be surprised if he's not the QB here for the two years after that as well (on an extension).

I could see them signing a cheap non-threatening reclamation project as a pure backup. Like a Darnold.

'We went 13-4! We know what we're doing! Third best team in our division come playoff time? Abject playoff failure? Donatell fired, problem solved!'

If Lance is available for a third you do that even if you have Cousins for a year.

I don't care how many guys you have to cut or restructure.

Post #: 5474
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/25/2023 8:09:08 AM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tom Sykes

If Lance is available for a third you do that even if you have Cousins for a year.

I don't care how many guys you have to cut or restructure.

Pray for world peace … much better chance of that happening.

< Message edited by Tom Sykes -- 1/25/2023 9:33:55 AM >
Post #: 5475
Page:   <<   < prev  217 218 [219] 220 221   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  217 218 [219] 220 221   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode