Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: General Vikes Talk

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  226 227 [228] 229 230   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/31/2023 11:16:12 AM   
Bill Jandro

quote:

ORIGINAL: ronhextall

My guess is, Brady would sign for 49ers for far less money than Cousins is owed.

Brady looked cooked this past season. AZ had 9 guys inside 5 yards of the LOS and Brady was unable to make them pay.

Oline...early and often this draft
Post #: 5676
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/31/2023 11:52:56 AM   
bstinger

Mock Draft:

"You guys are true athletes!"

--twinsfan
Post #: 5677
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/31/2023 11:58:10 AM   
bstinger

quote:

ORIGINAL: bstinger

Mock Draft:

Doubt it's very realistic, but had fun with this mock draft trading KC, Cook, Thielen, Ham, and Cleveland from the O and Hitman and Kendricks from the D. Added 11 players plus a 3rd in 2024 to replace the one we traded away.

I think Trader Rick would like this one. I admit I know little about the players and PFF doesn't have their info available yet for easy research, so I made my choices based on position, school, and PFF's ranking. I only "reached" a couple times and only by a few spots. Got good value most of the time and was able to fill holes caused by the trades and then some.

We would free up a bunch of cap space with these trades too so could make some more moves to fill holes or upgrade DT, one position I didn't get.

Thumbnail Image

Attachment (1)

--twinsfan
Post #: 5678
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/31/2023 12:22:22 PM   
bstinger

quote:

ORIGINAL: David F.

A Cousins trade to San Fran is the best possible scenario for literally everyone. San Fran offers everything that some feel Kirk didn't have here (even though he had them here). San Fran has an elite defense, dynamic playmakers on offense, experienced coaching and a good O-line. It should be the easiest slam dunk of a Super Bowl win in history. We dumb fools that never believed in Kirk will have to sit by and watch and curse the day we let him get away.

A couple of trades I was able to execute with SF in the PFF simulator. Downside of dealing with them is that they don't have much to trade with this year. Their first pick this year is #99, a comp pick after the normal end of round 3. The do have 3 comp picks and many later round picks this year and SF traded all of it for KC in one trade.

Alternatively I was able to get a #99 and #157 along with a 2024 1st and 3rd. I'd probably go with that over the huge pile of of 11 pics that peak at 99.

Thumbnail Image

Thumbnail Image

Attachment (2)

--twinsfan
Post #: 5679
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/31/2023 4:09:04 PM   
ronhextall

Denver gives up a #1 and #2 for Sean Peyton.

good lord, multiple years of a HOF QB and he won 1 Super Bowl.

Doubling down on All-In on Wilson.
Post #: 5680
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/31/2023 5:12:01 PM   
Daniel Lee Young

quote:

ORIGINAL: David F.

A Cousins trade to San Fran is the best possible scenario for literally everyone. San Fran offers everything that some feel Kirk didn't have here (even though he had them here). San Fran has an elite defense, dynamic playmakers on offense, experienced coaching and a good O-line. It should be the easiest slam dunk of a Super Bowl win in history. We dumb fools that never believed in Kirk will have to sit by and watch and curse the day we let him get away.

Yea… no….

Albatross is only tastes good, fricasseed with a whine sauce…

"Thou shall not bear false witness”
I am WRATH, incarnate.
@RlyeeNicole’sDad
Post #: 5681
RE: General Vikes Talk - 1/31/2023 9:42:11 PM   
thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: stfrank

quote:

ORIGINAL: odin

Looks like Philthy's RT is being allowed the Bacteria uncalled 1+ step false start routinely today.

On every pass play he starts early.

Seems like it would be the perfect candidate for "expedited review".
Post #: 5682
RE: General Vikes Talk - 2/1/2023 7:53:46 AM   
geoffrey greitzer

Kirk to Sf just got a lot more feasible.

Brady has retired
Post #: 5683
RE: General Vikes Talk - 2/1/2023 8:04:53 AM   
TJSweens

quote:

ORIGINAL: geoffrey greitzer

Kirk to Sf just got a lot more feasible.

Brady has retired

For how long?

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 5684
RE: General Vikes Talk - 2/1/2023 8:12:57 AM   
Todd M

I wonder if a season adding to his records but ultimately for nothing was worth the millions lost and family torn apart?
Post #: 5685
RE: General Vikes Talk - 2/1/2023 8:14:14 AM   
Todd M

A happy day it would be to hear Cousins is being traded to SF.
Post #: 5686
RE: General Vikes Talk - 2/1/2023 9:25:10 AM   
Ricky J

quote:

ORIGINAL: Todd M

I wonder if a season adding to his records but ultimately for nothing was worth the millions lost and family torn apart?

I personally think it's misguided to think it's possible to understand why Brady did what he did.

< Message edited by Ricky J -- 2/1/2023 9:35:14 AM >
Post #: 5687
RE: General Vikes Talk - 2/1/2023 9:26:19 AM   
drviking

If it was me, I would just be a mercenary...

Watch the season, wait for an opening and join that team for a super bowl run

I.e. San Francisco this year, Tennessee a couple years ago

I don't think Brady has 20 games in him, but 6 or 7? Worth a shot

JMO

"Only one thing left to do..."
Post #: 5688
RE: General Vikes Talk - 2/1/2023 9:32:26 AM   
Ricky J

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ricky J

quote:

I personally think it's misguided to think it's possible to understand why Brady did what he did.

But it seems you're speaking more in retrospect, "now that I did it was it worth it?"
Post #: 5689
RE: General Vikes Talk - 2/1/2023 9:37:41 AM   
Ricky J

quote:

If it happens that he's playing on a different team next year I'm sure I'd enjoy the atmosphere of playing against him in a big game
Post #: 5690
RE: General Vikes Talk - 2/1/2023 9:50:20 AM   
Daniel Lee Young

quote:

quote:

If it happens that he's playing on a different team next year I'm sure I'd enjoy the atmosphere of playing against him in a big game

It would give me great pleasure to redefine “ meet at the quarterback” to “ meat at the quarterback “

"Thou shall not bear false witness”
I am WRATH, incarnate.
@RlyeeNicole’sDad
Post #: 5691
RE: General Vikes Talk - 2/1/2023 9:57:25 AM   
Ricky J

quote:

ORIGINAL: Daniel Lee Young

quote:

quote:

It would give me great pleasure to redefine “ meet at the quarterback” to “ meat at the quarterback “

So you're saying we will improve on defense then? ;)
Post #: 5692
RE: General Vikes Talk - 2/1/2023 9:58:53 AM   
Bill Jandro

The new Denver ownership might be just as stupid as the Haslem bros in Cleveland.

Oline...early and often this draft
Post #: 5693
RE: General Vikes Talk - 2/1/2023 10:03:20 AM  1 votes
marty

Brady 'ruining his marriage', was on her terms. Had she been a wife that fully supported a man persuing his passion, she would have 'allowed' him to play an extra year or 2, and it wouldn't have been defined as ruining his marriage.

Instead, with how quickly she was seen with her trainer, she may have been already involved with another man, wanted to save face, and preferred that it was Tom appearing to be the bad guy.

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 5694
RE: General Vikes Talk - 2/1/2023 10:17:50 AM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Sure ... playing Cousins in a big game improves your team defense ranking by 15 spots ... at least. Even if you're #7!

auto ... ma ... tic
Post #: 5695
RE: General Vikes Talk - 2/1/2023 10:45:41 AM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

ORIGINAL: marty

Brady 'ruining his marriage', was on her terms. Had she been a wife that fully supported a man persuing his passion, she would have 'allowed' him to play an extra year or 2, and it wouldn't have been defined as ruining his marriage.

Instead, with how quickly she was seen with her trainer, she may have been already involved with another man, wanted to save face, and preferred that it was Tom appearing to be the bad guy.

Who gives a ****?

I honestly don't care who was the "bad guy" in the breakup of his marriage.

They're on the outs...Boo the **** hoo.

I don't want to go through things that don't kill me and make me stronger anymore.
Post #: 5696
RE: General Vikes Talk - 2/1/2023 11:16:56 AM   
Ricky J

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tom Sykes

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Sure ... playing Cousins in a big game improves your team defense ranking by 15 spots ... at least. Even if you're #7!

auto ... ma ... tic

The Vikings defense v. a statue, hmmm ... might be a push
Post #: 5697
RE: General Vikes Talk - 2/1/2023 11:27:14 AM  1 votes
Ricky J

quote:

As conspiracy theories go I don't see Marty's post worthy of a 1 star -- 2 to 3 maybe.

And I happen to think his first paragraph has merit. How many here have a spouse who wouldnt let you work for another year (in this case a half a year)?

- go ahead, hit me!
Post #: 5698
RE: General Vikes Talk - 2/1/2023 12:32:42 PM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

quote:

As conspiracy theories go I don't see Marty's post worthy of a 1 star -- 2 to 3 maybe.

And I happen to think his first paragraph has merit. How many here have a spouse who wouldnt let you work for another year (in this case a half a year)?

- go ahead, hit me!

We simply don’t know anything about it … fortunately. There are only a few things that would bore me more.

Now Marty’s comical soap operaish obliteration of ‘the woman’s’ side of the story in her relationship to Brady (or ‘the other Tom’ as he’s popularly known) … that’s priceless.
Post #: 5699
RE: General Vikes Talk - 2/1/2023 1:03:24 PM   
Ricky J

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tom Sykes

quote:

quote:

- go ahead, hit me!

We simply don’t know anything about it … fortunately. There are only a few things that would bore me more.

Now Marty’s comical soap operaish obliteration of ‘the woman’s’ side of the story in her relationship to Brady (or ‘the other Tom’ as he’s popularly known) … that’s priceless.

Oh, let Marty have his fun - it's not hurting anyone

What interests me is why he would come back. What would drive him to do it when obviously his best days are in the past? I don't think that's something we can relate to never being able to understand what it feels like to play a level that high, feeling the rush of being in the moments he has?
Post #: 5700
Page:   <<   < prev  226 227 [228] 229 230   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  226 227 [228] 229 230   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode