Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: General Vikes Talk

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  227 228 [229] 230 231   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: General Vikes Talk - 2/1/2023 1:25:08 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

ORIGINAL: marty

Brady 'ruining his marriage', was on her terms. Had she been a wife that fully supported a man persuing his passion, she would have 'allowed' him to play an extra year or 2, and it wouldn't have been defined as ruining his marriage.

Instead, with how quickly she was seen with her trainer, she may have been already involved with another man, wanted to save face, and preferred that it was Tom appearing to be the bad guy.

How long have you been part of the Taliban?

Kids don't see their dad? Too bad, we all need to suck it up for yet another year cause old dad needs to pursue his passion!

< Message edited by Bill Johanesen -- 2/1/2023 1:33:57 PM >
Post #: 5701
RE: General Vikes Talk - 2/1/2023 1:33:08 PM   
Bill Johanesen

Another GOAT that hung around too long.

Ali
Jordan
Brady/Manning/Montana

Plenty of athletes way up there, Hall of Fame types, that did the same. Who knows why. Passion, lifestyle, attention, money, community, drive, ego, etc, etc.

Then there is Barry Freakin' Sanders. He and Robert Smith, the dudes who handed the ball to the refs after scoring a TD.
Post #: 5702
RE: General Vikes Talk - 2/2/2023 7:12:29 AM   
Todd M

To me it feels like a better than fair chance Cousins could be traded to SF. They say they're keeping Lance and Purdy but Purdy won't be available maybe all year and who knows what they have in Lance... health and skill wise.

Would you go as low as a 2nd?

I'd sure like a 1st. Not sure how far we could get up with our 2022/23 1st and whichever one we'd get from SF. Not high enough I imagine. I'd throw Hunter in to sweeten the pot. Maybe #1 is too rich and we can ship it to Houston? I'd prefer that.

I'll go forward hoping for something like this shakes out.
Post #: 5703
RE: General Vikes Talk - 2/2/2023 7:58:43 AM   
bstinger

quote:

ORIGINAL: Todd M

To me it feels like a better than fair chance Cousins could be traded to SF. They say they're keeping Lance and Purdy but Purdy won't be available maybe all year and who knows what they have in Lance... health and skill wise.

I'd sure like a 1st. Not sure how far we could get up with our 2022/23 1st and whichever one we'd get from SF. Not high enough I imagine. I'd throw Hunter in to sweeten the pot. Maybe #1 is too rich and we can ship it to Houston? I'd prefer that.

SF doesn't have a 1st or 2nd this year, or even the traditional 3rd. Their first pick is a comp pick at the end of round 3. #99.

"You guys are true athletes!"

--twinsfan
Post #: 5704
RE: General Vikes Talk - 2/2/2023 8:17:09 AM   
Murph

quote:

Here's an idea, at least to start the SF trade discussions:

Kirk Cousins and Harrison Smith to San Francisco for Talanoa Hufanga and Trey Lance or Brock Purdy to Minnesota.

< Message edited by Murph -- 2/2/2023 8:18:25 AM >

Hey Wilf's, let's build a "Perennial Super Bowl contender" not a "perennial playoff contender".
Post #: 5705
RE: General Vikes Talk - 2/2/2023 8:28:07 AM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Johanesen

quote:

Brady 'ruining his marriage', was on her terms. Had she been a wife that fully supported a man persuing his passion, she would have 'allowed' him to play an extra year or 2, and it wouldn't have been defined as ruining his marriage.

Instead, with how quickly she was seen with her trainer, she may have been already involved with another man, wanted to save face, and preferred that it was Tom appearing to be the bad guy.

How long have you been part of the Taliban?

Kids don't see their dad? Too bad, we all need to suck it up for yet another year cause old dad needs to pursue his passion!

Thats right, theres no reason for wifey to come off the ironing board and interfere.
Post #: 5706
RE: General Vikes Talk - 2/2/2023 8:31:34 AM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

ORIGINAL: Murph

quote:

Here's an idea, at least to start the SF trade discussions:

Kirk Cousins and Harrison Smith to San Francisco for Talanoa Hufanga and Trey Lance or Brock Purdy to Minnesota.

Nice! They can go all Mike Lynn on us and throw some picks in.
Post #: 5707
RE: General Vikes Talk - 2/2/2023 8:48:25 AM   
Ricky J

quote:

To me it feels like a better than fair chance Cousins could be traded to SF.

If you're trying to manifest a trade youve gotta do better than, Feels like a fair chance :(

You've gotta go all in: There's no doubt in my mind they're trading Cousins!!! ;)
Post #: 5708
RE: General Vikes Talk - 2/2/2023 8:50:23 AM   
Todd M

Nice, Ricky.

All I have are doubts any more lol ..
Post #: 5709
RE: General Vikes Talk - 2/2/2023 9:07:38 AM   
Ricky J

quote:

Nice, Ricky.

Hang in there, Todd.. If the staff can fix the defense then I'll have a little more hope. Cant expect us to do much more than one and done with what we were working with, imo
Post #: 5710
RE: General Vikes Talk - 2/2/2023 10:15:05 AM  1 votes
ronhextall

quote:

I think there is closer to zero chance. They have no draft capital and Lance/Purdy are infinitely cheaper. I would be shocked if the 49er owners could be convinced to pay an again QB $40+ million that hasn't gotten over the hump in a decade+ vs two cheap QBs that have already proven they can get you to the title game.

I see Cousins value as ZERO as far as a tradable commodity. Nobody thinks they are a $40+ million Kirk Couisins away.
Post #: 5711
RE: General Vikes Talk - 2/2/2023 10:21:33 AM  1 votes
Tom Sykes

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ricky J

quote:

Nice, Ricky.

Hang in there, Todd.. If the staff can fix the defense then I'll have a little more hope. Cant expect us to do much more than one and done with what we were working with, imo

Since we seem to be pursuing Flores or Evero ... coaches in the running for HC positions ... seems like we are looking for a quick temporary fix to jumpstart the defense ... hiring some guy that, if successful, will probably be gone next off season. (i.e., instead of some young riser / college dude to come in and build a reputation while putting this thing together)

This offseason, we seem to at least be giving lip service to the urgency of fixing this defense. Cut the string and hire someone non-dinosaurish (Flores 41 yrs old / Evero 42 yrs old) ... give some attention to our inflated contracts / slow veterans before March 15 (i.e., make some room for new blood, maybe even a FA or two) ... those two prerequisites alone will go a ways to restoring some hope for improvement.

(after hiring the GM / HC last offseason, it felt like we were in treading water / 'lets see what we've got' mode)

< Message edited by Tom Sykes -- 2/2/2023 10:22:35 AM >
Post #: 5712
RE: General Vikes Talk - 2/2/2023 10:36:35 AM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

ORIGINAL: ronhextall

quote:

I think there is closer to zero chance. They have no draft capital and Lance/Purdy are infinitely cheaper. I would be shocked if the 49er owners could be convinced to pay an again QB $40+ million that hasn't gotten over the hump in a decade+ vs two cheap QBs that have already proven they can get you to the title game.

I see Cousins value as ZERO as far as a tradable commodity. Nobody thinks they are a $40+ million Kirk Couisins away.

Take a look at some of the age of Oline on SF (McGlinchey/Williams), and other key positions. They would be the Kirk team. Sounds as if Rodgers could go to NYJ or LV....so basically the three teams that may go after Rodgers or Kirk are NYJ, LV, and SF with Indy and TB as possible others.

Take a third and a 2024 first plus Lance and call it good.

< Message edited by Phil Riewer -- 2/2/2023 10:46:17 AM >

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 5713
RE: General Vikes Talk - 2/2/2023 10:56:35 AM   
marty

Kirk to SF for pick #99 this year, and SFs' 1st round pick in 2024.

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 5714
RE: General Vikes Talk - 2/2/2023 10:58:03 AM   
marty

Sorry, I didn't realize it was only the Taliban that have wives that support their husbands' careers.

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 5715
RE: General Vikes Talk - 2/2/2023 11:10:05 AM  1 votes
ronhextall

quote:

People act like Cousins is trash yet also think they can get a #1 pick for him.

Lol.
Post #: 5716
RE: General Vikes Talk - 2/2/2023 11:24:44 AM   
Todd M

I don't need it to make sense. I just want the ammo to land Bryce Young.

The heart wants what it wants.
Post #: 5717
RE: General Vikes Talk - 2/2/2023 11:38:30 AM   
bstinger

quote:

quote:

Nice, Ricky.

We are more than a new staff from having a decent defense.

--twinsfan
Post #: 5718
RE: General Vikes Talk - 2/2/2023 11:42:06 AM   
marty

I am hoping SF feels desperate for a healthy QB.

I think Bryce Young is too small.

I want a 1st round pick next year from SF, to move up to #1 to take Caleb Williams.

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 5719
RE: General Vikes Talk - 2/2/2023 11:49:42 AM   
bstinger

quote:

ORIGINAL: Phil Riewer

quote:

quote:

Take a look at some of the age of Oline on SF (McGlinchey/Williams), and other key positions. They would be the Kirk team. Sounds as if Rodgers could go to NYJ or LV....so basically the three teams that may go after Rodgers or Kirk are NYJ, LV, and SF with Indy and TB as possible others.

Take a third and a 2024 first plus Lance and call it good.

PFF rejects that trade. They will go with the 3rd and next years 1st. If you want Lance you have to give up next years 1st and have a 70% chance of the trade being accepted. #99 and Lance for KC.

--twinsfan
Post #: 5720
RE: General Vikes Talk - 2/2/2023 11:49:56 AM   
Ricky J

quote:

ORIGINAL: bstinger

quote:

quote:

Nice, Ricky.

We are more than a new staff from having a decent defense.

of course
Post #: 5721
RE: General Vikes Talk - 2/2/2023 11:53:56 AM   
bstinger

quote:

I don't need it to make sense. I just want the ammo to land Bryce Young.

The heart wants what it wants.

What pick do you think you need to get to to get him? PFF has him ranked #1.

For us to get the #1 PFF says we need need to give them our #1 this year for 2023, 2024, and 2025. Plus SF's #1 we get for trading KC. Plus our 2025 2nd rounder.

Would you do it?

--twinsfan
Post #: 5722
RE: General Vikes Talk - 2/2/2023 11:58:09 AM   
David F.

quote:

quote:

People act like Cousins is trash yet also think they can get a #1 pick for him.

Lol.

I see people acting like Cousins is above-average but isn't a stone cold killer who will forever lead a team to mediocrity yet also has stats that might cause another franchise to bite on the fool's gold.

I wouldn't give ANY qb $30-50+ mil unless that QB had won me a Super Bowl. Did you win a Super Bowl on your rookie deal? Yes? Great! Here's your hugenormous contract. F it let's just run victory laps and love life. No? Good luck. Next!
Post #: 5723
RE: General Vikes Talk - 2/2/2023 11:59:00 AM   
bstinger

KC could win on a stacked team. We aren't that team.

--twinsfan
Post #: 5724
RE: General Vikes Talk - 2/2/2023 12:00:38 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

quote:

Agreed.

SF has nearly 60% of their cap tied up in seven players and that list does not include Deebo Samuel. But in 2024, Deebo vaults to the top... at $29 million!

They can do all this because they don't have a huge QB salary. Lance though will get about $10 million each year over the next two years.
Post #: 5725
Page:   <<   < prev  227 228 [229] 230 231   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  227 228 [229] 230 231   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode