Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: General Vikes Talk

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/9/2022 12:40:38 PM   
thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Jandro

I think it would be wise NFL/College alike to implement policy barring HC's from hiring kin.

Techically, everyone is kin.
Post #: 51
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/9/2022 12:41:57 PM   
beo

quote:

ORIGINAL: marty

Cool story KG !

Will Von Miller become the first player to get a SB ring from 3 different teams ? Is there someone that has done that before ?

Matt Millen won with Raiders (Oakland and LA), 49ers... and I think the Redskins too.
Post #: 52
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/9/2022 2:08:32 PM   
David Levine

quote:

ORIGINAL: beo

quote:

Cool story KG !

Will Von Miller become the first player to get a SB ring from 3 different teams ? Is there someone that has done that before ?

Matt Millen won with Raiders (Oakland and LA), 49ers... and I think the Redskins too.

Yup. He's the only one. A ton of guys have done it with 2 teams.
Post #: 53
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/9/2022 4:37:29 PM   
Ricky J

quote:

ORIGINAL: Phil Riewer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Jandro

quote:

ORIGINAL: Daniel Lee Young

quote:

ORIGINAL: thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ricky J

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ricky J

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: kgdabom

quote:

Chris Tomasson
@christomasson
·
1h
Former #Vikings guard Wyatt Davis is back on a 53-man roster. The Saints have signed him off the Giants practice squad.

I wish him all the best despite how annoying it will be if he ends up being a good player.

Usually when 2 regimes aren't too high on you. Spielman kept Davis and Mond on the roster even after Zimmer's comments.

You prob can beieve Zimmer. Most people wouldn't trash people if they don't like 'em, Zim will

Zim would put the bus in reverse to catch them a 2nd time. I can't believe Mannion made Zimmer feel better; probably thought Mannion handed the ball off effectively. I wonder what Zim thought of the Iowa/SDSU game.

I was most surprised that Iowa didn't kneel down and punt on third down. Reminded me of watching the Waterboy.

Serious question, Phil: do you know what's going on at Iowa thats got me pissed, as well as others, that we believe is the biggest problem (similar thing we had here in MN)?

CRT?

Constantly run the ball, theory?

Not having a passing game theory?

When your greatest NFL QB is Chuck Long, you suck, theory?

Minnesota had Spergon Wynn and Tony Dungy ( converted to DB in the pros) theory?

Pretty sure the main ire of fans is that the HC hired his son as OC and he is in over his head.

I read there is a serious race issue they needed to address involving the coaches son and the workout coord; and it wasn't between them---it was how they acted/reacted over the years. Of course they fired the workout program coord.

The last thing i heard about the "race issue" was KF was proactive in addressing it. Its been a long time since ive even heard it mentioned. Im an Iowa grad and i cant even tell you what it was about.
Post #: 54
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/9/2022 5:33:23 PM   
Bill Johanesen

Nothing like post after post about Iowa Who-Cares football with 48 hours to go to the season opener.
Post #: 55
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/9/2022 5:43:50 PM   
bohumm

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Johanesen

Nothing like post after post about Iowa Who-Cares football with 48 hours to go to the season opener.

If you had to choose:
A) Iowa football
B) Dead cap money is only an accounting issue
Post #: 56
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/9/2022 6:45:04 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

ORIGINAL: bohumm

quote:

If you had to choose:
A) Iowa football
B) Dead cap money is only an accounting issue

Tough call on two BS topics. I'll say C) neither.

Break break...

Seeing as how the Rams might have had a SB hangover, who is more motivated Sunday?
Post #: 57
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/9/2022 7:08:14 PM   
Ricky J

quote:

Then write something worth reading. All six of us are very interested ...
Post #: 58
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/9/2022 8:02:59 PM   
Mark Anderson

Like David said, we need to stop the run. Philips, Tomlinson, Kendricks and Hicks will have to play well.

Without Lazard, Rodgers has basically Cobb and a couple TEs that he has played with in a regular season game. He shouldn't carve us up.

Offensively, can we give Bradbury enough help without making us vulnerable at other spots? Can Darrisaw and O'Neill hold up well without getting help?

Steady dose of Cook running and receiving and play action to WRs and Irv. Or pass to set up the run?
Post #: 59
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/10/2022 4:09:47 AM   
marty

Michael Irvin picks Kirk Cousins for MVP and some seem to think this is very funny:

https://share.newsbreak.com/1qzyyiu1

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 60
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/10/2022 10:15:45 AM   
TJSweens

I think people are underestimating Erin's ability to pick apart a defense without Lazard. The Diva has been able to turn the next guy up into a star receiver his whole career.

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 61
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/10/2022 10:54:41 AM   
kgdabom

quote:

Michael Irvin picks Kirk Cousins for MVP and some seem to think this is very funny:

https://share.newsbreak.com/1qzyyiu1

Michael is a wise man.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 62
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/10/2022 10:55:25 AM   
kgdabom

quote:

ORIGINAL: TJSweens

I think people are underestimating Erin's ability to pick apart a defense without Lazard. The Diva has been able to turn the next guy up into a star receiver his whole career.

He's washed up. Lazard was his #3 WR last year right? Vikings got this in the bag.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 63
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/10/2022 11:07:48 AM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mark Anderson

Like David said, we need to stop the run. Philips, Tomlinson, Kendricks and Hicks will have to play well.

Without Lazard, Rodgers has basically Cobb and a couple TEs that he has played with in a regular season game. He shouldn't carve us up.

Offensively, can we give Bradbury enough help without making us vulnerable at other spots? Can Darrisaw and O'Neill hold up well without getting help?

Steady dose of Cook running and receiving and play action to WRs and Irv. Or pass to set up the run?

Cobb is enough to challenge our "#1" CB. The no-name WRs are enough to keep our other CBs busy.

Is it reasonable to expect a new (3-4) scheme where everyone in the front 7 is new, new coaches, and several new players to mesh in week one? Especially since they have yet to take the field together?
Post #: 64
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/10/2022 11:37:28 AM   
marty

Sammy Watson

The WR the Vikings gifted them: Christian Watson

Some guy named Daubs was tearing it up in the pre-season

Amari Rodgers

KC was struggling in the new offense at first against the Vikings defense, he may struggle even more against the Packers defense.

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 65
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/10/2022 11:37:41 AM   
Richard Neussendorfer

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mark Anderson

Cobb is enough to challenge our "#1" CB. The no-name WRs are enough to keep our other CBs busy.

Is it reasonable to expect a new (3-4) scheme where everyone in the front 7 is new, new coaches, and several new players to mesh in week one? Especially since they have yet to take the field together?

Haven't you heard? It's in the bag!
Post #: 66
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/10/2022 12:36:52 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

Sammy Watson

The WR the Vikings gifted them: Christian Watson

Some guy named Daubs was tearing it up in the pre-season

Amari Rodgers

KC was struggling in the new offense at first against the Vikings defense, he may struggle even more against the Packers defense.

Doubs is the best WR they got and he ain't shit. This one is in the bag.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 67
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/10/2022 12:40:09 PM   
kgdabom

Online gambling has just become legal for where I live. I made a $1000 deposit with BetMgm and have started making some bets. Since I didn't understand their system I accidentally did a parlay of the Gophers -40.5 with the Vikings winning the North. I find it shocking that I'm betting on the Gophers giving 40.5. If I win it's $650 on my 100 parlay.

Gophers are up 28 at half and that's what I thought I would need to have a chance to win because we won't be trying to score in the 4th

< Message edited by kgdabom -- 9/10/2022 12:43:28 PM >

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 68
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/10/2022 4:54:25 PM   
marty

Congratulations KG, you got the first part of your bet !!!

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 69
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/10/2022 5:10:31 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

Congratulations KG, you got the first part of your bet !!!

Yeah I only meant to place a free $5 new account bet on that one with $100 on the Vikings winning the North. That parlay changes my total winnings in the Vikings take the North from $340 to $650. Better lucky than good LOL.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 70
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/10/2022 7:13:36 PM   
Todd M

I'm so far out of the know. I thought it an error to see a pick where you picked 40.5 points to cover. Then I looked at college scores today. Seemed like a few gigantic blowouts. Games so uneven you're looking at 40 to 60+ points to cover. Unreal.
Post #: 71
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/10/2022 7:19:43 PM   
bohumm

quote:

ORIGINAL: Todd M

I'm so far out of the know. I thought it an error to see a pick where you picked 40.5 points to cover. Then I looked at college scores today. Seemed like a few gigantic blowouts. Games so uneven you're looking at 40 to 60+ points to cover. Unreal.

Todd, the only thing to know about American college football is that money is the most important thing. By far. A distant second is more money, and way back in third is all of the rest of the money.

People paid real money to see that shit.
Post #: 72
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/11/2022 4:18:39 AM   
ratoppenheimer

Tom Pelissero@TomPelissero
The #Packers are expected to be without LT David Bakhtiari (knee), RT Elgton Jenkins (pectoral/knee) and WR Allen Lazard (ankle) today against the #Vikings, sources tell me @RapSheet Yosh Nijman slated to start in Bakhtiari’s place on Aaron Rodgers’ blind side.

the journey...is paradise.
Post #: 73
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/11/2022 4:32:07 AM   
SAMiller711r

In regards to Yosh Nijman. Doesn't matter who he is, as a player, today just because it's the Vikings, he'll be an all pro impenetrable granite wall.
Post #: 74
RE: General Vikes Talk - 9/11/2022 5:15:51 AM   
marty

The Packers seem to have a really good OL coach right now, but hopefully this is trouble for them.

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 75
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode