Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: General Vikes Talk

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  309 310 311 [312] 313   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/28/2023 11:21:54 AM   
TJSweens

quote:

ORIGINAL: bstinger

I'm not even arguing that I know Addison was the best pick. I'm just defending my stance that a WR was a need and the Vikings agreed. I hope they got a good one. I also though Porter might have made sense there but nobody behind us took him either. They must know something we don't. I'm not excited about Levis or Hooker.

I hope he is a great one. I just have my doubts when I see, undersized, underfast, prone to drops, coming off injury.

I'll also stipulate that WR was a need, even though I disagree with you on KJ. The point is there were much greater needs than WR depth. There were several good defensive players who were taken right after Addison.

I hope it works out, but I'm skeptical.

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 7776
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/28/2023 11:39:32 AM   
Ricky J

quote:

ORIGINAL: TJSweens

quote:

I'm not even arguing that I know Addison was the best pick. I'm just defending my stance that a WR was a need and the Vikings agreed. I hope they got a good one. I also though Porter might have made sense there but nobody behind us took him either. They must know something we don't. I'm not excited about Levis or Hooker.

I hope he is a great one. I just have my doubts when I see, undersized, underfast, prone to drops, coming off injury.

I'll also stipulate that WR was a need, even though I disagree with you on KJ. The point is there were much greater needs than WR depth. There were several good defensive players who were taken right after Addison.

As a Viking fan I'm sure no one will hold that against you!
Post #: 7777
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/28/2023 11:41:27 AM   
bstinger

Matthew Coller of Purple Insider loves Addison.

Long vid, but get his reaction to the pick at 2hrs 54mins.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_zWdiJFpDwc

"You guys are true athletes!"

--twinsfan
Post #: 7778
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/28/2023 11:47:31 AM   
marty

I see Addison, not as a Percy Harvin, but more like a poor man's Stefon Diggs. Great route runner, not big, seems to get open.

But he lacks the speed to be as good as Diggs or Harvin. But he has some of the diva part down.

We get a glimpse of what it would have been like if the Vikings had kept Diggs, and instead of taking a CB, would have chosen JJ to pair with him.

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 7779
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/28/2023 12:17:31 PM  1 votes
Tom Sykes

quote:

No need to. Getting that reaction from reading your posts.

The first rd pick wasn't a difficult 'good' get ... plenty of decent players on the board.

We can all quibble about the available 31 flavors and what was best ... we didn't reach or get cute like last year. Addison works.

Now its time for Kwesi to earn his sockless Cucinelli loafers.

< Message edited by Tom Sykes -- 4/28/2023 1:56:53 PM >
Post #: 7780
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/28/2023 2:19:20 PM   
bstinger

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tom Sykes

quote:

The first rd pick wasn't a difficult 'good' get ... plenty of decent players on the board.

We can all quibble about the available 31 flavors and what was best ... we didn't reach or get cute like last year. Addison works.

He's a lot higher on Addison than I am. I don't know a lot about him other than what I've heard or read and my morning posts were done before watching this.

--twinsfan
Post #: 7781
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/28/2023 2:43:50 PM   
Jeff Jesser

quote:

I'm not even arguing that I know Addison was the best pick. I'm just defending my stance that a WR was a need and the Vikings agreed. I hope they got a good one. I also thought Porter might have made sense there but nobody behind us took him either. They must know something we don't. I'm not excited about Levis or Hooker.

No idea if we didn’t draft him because of it but the one constant gripe about him was that he was/is awfully grabby. He’ll get taken early tonight. That can be coached out of him.
Post #: 7782
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/28/2023 3:49:29 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

quote:

quote:

He's a lot higher on Addison than I am. I don't know a lot about him other than what I've heard or read and my morning posts were done before watching this.

I agree with his point that it sets the table for the next QB. Either a draftee or a FA looking for a good situation.
Post #: 7783
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/28/2023 3:58:57 PM   
Phil Riewer

I like the fact that in two different systems he has produced with better results with Pitt. He reminds me of Percy w/o the top end speed of course.

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 7784
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/28/2023 4:10:07 PM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Johanesen

quote:

quote:

quote:

I agree with his point that it sets the table for the next QB. Either a draftee or a FA looking for a good situation.

Apparently we don't need a next QB. No next QB in sight.

We agree with those posters that think throwing more talent around Cousins is how we get him into the next tier of QB.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Djmewx2X4AAGA1-.jpg
Post #: 7785
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/28/2023 4:38:26 PM   
The Happy Norseman

quote:

quote:

There might be greater needs than WR2, but if Addison helps the Vikings jump from a top 10 offense last year to a top 5 offense this year, they'll be a playoff team.

If the Cubs can win the World Series...
Post #: 7786
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/28/2023 4:51:01 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

We agree with those posters that think throwing more talent around Cousins is how we get him into the next tier of QB.

QB is a riddle, wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma.

Here are some guys from the day old USA Today:
Jake Haener - 20 TD, 3 Int. 6' from Fresno State.
Tyson Bagent - 41 TD, 8 Int. He is from a school called Shepherd.
Post #: 7787
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/28/2023 4:56:02 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

ORIGINAL: The Happy Norseman

quote:

quote:

There might be greater needs than WR2, but if Addison helps the Vikings jump from a top 10 offense last year to a top 5 offense this year, they'll be a playoff team.

And we don't really know what needs are/were much greater. I suspect KOC concluded WR was a pretty damn big need, and/or Kwesi, Flores, et al concluded the defenders on the board were not worthy of pick #23.

I'll have to go with KOC on that one.
Post #: 7788
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/28/2023 9:09:53 PM   
kgdabom

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Tanner McKee and Max Duggan Returns still available.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 7789
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/28/2023 9:24:18 PM   
marty

DTR is still available.

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 7790
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/28/2023 9:29:54 PM   
thebigo

quote:

quote:

quote:

Maybe Addison helps the offense minimize those 1 1/2-2 quarter lulls we saw it seems like about every game in 2022.
Post #: 7791
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/28/2023 9:32:35 PM   
kgdabom

We traded 87 for 102 and a couple of super late picks.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 7792
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/28/2023 9:46:30 PM   
Daniel Lee Young

quote:

ORIGINAL: thebigo

quote:

quote:

quote:

Maybe Addison helps the offense minimize those 1 1/2-2 quarter lulls we saw it seems like about every game in 2022.

Unless someone puts a wide angle lens on the end of KFC’S Pringles can field view, the lulls are a permanent fixture of his ability to see and hit or anticipate open throws.

"Thou shall not bear false witness”
I am WRATH, incarnate.
@RlyeeNicole’sDad
Post #: 7793
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/28/2023 10:46:33 PM   
kgdabom

We picked Mekhi Blackmon a CB with the last pick of the third. If you trust the draft boards there were many other more highly rated CBs available.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 7794
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/28/2023 10:49:57 PM   
kgdabom

CB
Mekhi Blackmon
FOLLOW
5'11"
178 lbs
USC
POS RK
OVR RK
GRADE
Pre-Draft Analysis
Blackmon mirrors the release and has the speed to run with most receivers in press. He's tough and competitive at the catch point, but he has shorter arms, and his frame raises concerns about his ability to match up with bigger receivers. He gets overly physical and grabby at times. Blackmon fights to get off blocks and tends to wrap up. -- Steve Muench

Post-Draft Analysis
Cornerback was a potential Round 1 need for the Vikings, but they were able to wait until Round 3 and still get a potential starter. Blackmon has fantastic tape and will push Andrew Booth Jr. and Akayleb Evans for playing time. With 15 pass breakups and three interceptions in 2022, Blackmon has proven ball skills. -- Matt Miller

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 7795
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/28/2023 10:52:43 PM   
bstinger

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Ther reportedly spent a lot of time with Hooker and Levis. Apparently there was something about them they didn't like. Would you rather they draft someone they didn't like just to say they did, or find another way? Reaching out of desperation got us Ponder. If the guy isn't there you can't force it.

Finishing with 7-13 wins year after year doesn't lend itself to picking top QB's very often. Especially when you're spending future draft capital to get those wins (ie Hock).

< Message edited by bstinger -- 4/28/2023 10:54:20 PM >

--twinsfan
Post #: 7796
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/28/2023 11:14:34 PM   
Ricky J

quote:

ORIGINAL: kgdabom

We picked Mekhi Blackmon a CB with the last pick of the third. If you trust the draft boards there were many other more highly rated CBs available.

I don't trust the draft boards or the million experts we have out there. We make a pick, people say there are x amount of people rated ahead of this guy! Maybe we'd be better off doing auto draft, huh?

I like the good things I'm reading. Too bad we don't have the Duke to work opp. of him. Two little guys making our D bad ass! ;)

< Message edited by Ricky J -- 4/28/2023 11:46:29 PM >
Post #: 7797
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/28/2023 11:22:42 PM   
bstinger

Crackpot theory on the 2 selections from USC.

With all the changes in birth control country wide Queasy has been reading up on safer sex practices. He read some where that a guy should stock up on Trojans, so, ya.....

--twinsfan
Post #: 7798
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/29/2023 1:07:59 AM  1 votes
thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ricky J

quote:

ORIGINAL: kgdabom

I don't trust the draft boards or the million experts we have out there. We make a pick, people say there are x amount of people rated ahead of this guy! Maybe we'd be better off doing auto draft, huh?

I like the good things I'm reading. Too bad we don't have the Duke to work opp. of him. Two little guys making our D bad ass! ;)

And it would be dirt cheap onsidering what Shelly signed for.
Post #: 7799
RE: General Vikes Talk - 4/29/2023 1:27:21 AM   
marty

Trojan teammates to welcome Caleb Williams next year.

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 7800
Page:   <<   < prev  309 310 311 [312] 313   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  309 310 311 [312] 313   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode