Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: General Vikes Talk

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  39 40 [41] 42 43   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/1/2022 5:20:59 AM   
marty

I am drinking the O'Connell Kool Aid. This team is destined for 11 or 12 wins, maybe 13 if Tua misses our game.

Send us your Andy Dalton's and Cooper Rushes, and KOC will figure out a way of pulling out a win.

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 1001
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/1/2022 7:38:42 AM   
eagleflorida

quote:

ORIGINAL: marty

I am drinking the O'Connell Kool Aid. This team is destined for 11 or 12 wins, maybe 13 if Tua misses our game.

Send us your Andy Dalton's and Cooper Rushes, and KOC will figure out a way of pulling out a win.

Thanks for trying to get the discussion back to Vikings football Marty.
Post #: 1002
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/1/2022 8:13:13 AM   
Bill Jandro

Kirk Cousins being .500 in London despite only playing there once is one of the greatest stats in this sports history

LOL

Oline...early and often this draft
Post #: 1003
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/1/2022 8:29:09 AM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

ORIGINAL: bohumm

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Johanesen

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Never said "experts" couldn't be wrong; in fact, I explicitly said they might be. But two or three weeks into the season is not a sufficient sample size to validate or refute an approach taken by people who have a lot of experience and insight, as well as a tremendous personal stake in the success of the team. These guys are smart and have a more vast knowledge base about their area than any of us do, and they have some basis for taking the course of action they've selected. Of course they could be wrong. But why not let it play out a bit before the sweeping conclusion that their idiots who should be fired?

And the health/medical/performance personnel on the Vikings who helped determine the approach to travel to and from the game have done loads of work and consulted people whose entire career is devoted to the areas affected, if not international travel's impact on performance itself. And a course of action was settled on and that will play out over the next few days. The Saints did similar work and chose a different approach. But the Vikings are idiots because they're not doing what this or that poster on this board thinks we should do.

I agree completely with Tom that relentlessly positive or negative posting, usually with no or very little basis that is articulated with anything like sound reasoning, is insipid and boring. It is in great supply in here as this season has started. Having concerns is one thing, and many of us have some or many. Ranting and drawing conclusions at this phase tells more about the poster than the posted.

Since you are in the know, did all they say all the things you proclaim?

Or was the expanded "health/medical/performance personnel on the Vikings who helped determine the approach to travel to and from the game..." just a shallow, made-up CYA?

If not, don't you question who they consulted, what their credentials of an "entire career" are, and how accurate they have been (assuming they have done NFL projections before)?

Do tell! Is Sean Payton an idiot over "I've never traveled there" KOC?

I'm curious because I've traveled across the pond (in this case, the Atlantic) more times than I can remember. Sometimes we were not restricted to commercial time slots. For the rest, Google North Atlantic Tracks. Once 'there', we sometimes went right into flight ops. Sometimes we got up early to plan. Sometimes it was as a tourist.

So, great wealth of Vikings travel plans, let's hear the nuts and bolts.

KOC said it at a presser.

Tyler Williams is the health/performance poohbah, and I don't have any reason to question his sources nor do I think he is infallible.

Sean Payton is not involved in this game.

Why would I know the details?

Tyler Williams. The Executive Director of This and That. It's noted he "...serves on the Lower Extremity Task Force for the NFL Musculoskeletal Community." So we have that going for us, which is nice for traveling across time zones.

Maybe Wilf can hire a 'career' circadian rhythm person or Williams' primary 'source'. Make him the 5th Asst. Head Coach on the staff.

Here's a piece of what Tyler Williams just pulled out of his ass in a slipshod, haphazard, made-up way to justify not only the Vikings travel schedule for this trip, but his very existence. Clearly the entire approach is just completely made up, probably because Williams forgot all about this trip until last week. No one mentioned it until last Friday when, while playing dominoes after lunch for a couple of hours as they do every day, KOC said, "Hey dude, whatever your name is, when do we leave for Scotland?" Then Tyler just vomited out this approach off the top of his head.

(More is at https://www.vikings.com/news/health-performance-strategy-london-game-vs-saints):

From the link above:
Prior to joining Minnesota, Williams was with the Rams from 2007-21, a span during which the Rams traveled to London four different times.

He noted that the Rams did a full-week trip twice and on the other two occasions did a Thursday-Sunday/Monday trip similar to the Vikings plan.

"We did a full week twice, and we've done the short trip twice. Just from personal experience, looking at our concepts, our principles and after-action reviews, we thought the short trip puts us at the best for us and our organization," Williams explained. "Not to say one way is wrong and one way is right. There's probably eight different pathways to get from A to B; it's just what we feel like is best for our team at that time point."

Williams emphasized the priorities considered when tackling such a unique travel situation.

"We'll always make every decision based first and foremost on the players, maximizing their health and performance," he said. "And with that said, it's always the supporting mechanism to football. What we do as a performance strategy or a schedule strategy never trumps the Xs and Os but should enhance it.

"A lot of this comes into education," Williams later added. "Education and communication with [the coaches and players] on the 'why' behind what this does to your body and how to maximize your performance to set you up for success within this travel trip – or any travel trip. It's important to give them the tools to make a great decision."

Typical expert shit, my way or the highway, there's only one way to do it because I'm the expert, screw what anyone else thinks. Clearly no solid basis as to why, like we've gotten on here, with insightful takes like, "Hate that we do it this way" or "I've made several long trips for business and pleasure, and handled jet lag various ways, so..."

Glad you are impressed by simple clichés and throwaway lines devoid of substance.

And good job on the many lines of sarcasm, you must feel proud. I knew you wouldn't let it go.

Perhaps the Wilfs are simply looking to keep costs down (even with a possible NFL stipend to defray costs).

You're really nothing more than a pretty smart guy with an occasionally decent sense of humor who passes time in here as a sniveling little bitch. No amount of information will move you off of something contrary to your POV.

Good to know.

Poor angry bohumm.

In your continued haste to bring yet another quote in from some other 'expert', you didn't even differentiate casual tripe from real reported results.

Thinking more and more that from the get go you misunderstood or misreported what their intent is.

As for a form of bitch, I still chuckle that you were bitching about the board talking about the "back of the roster" at the very time NFL teams were whittling their rosters to get to 53! And off you've gone since then.

I have no idea what you're talking about, but the possibility that I posted something and forgot it is probably in the range of likelihood that you're completely misrepresenting something...which is to say very high.

I've only brought in "quotes" from what Tyler Williams said and what KOC said about that. Point out the misunderstanding or misreporting that I've done, and we can take it from there. Or you can just continue to pull stuff out of your ass that you can throw on the board.

It wasn't that long ago, wow.

"Only" brought in quotes? So you haven't brought your take on their opinions? While downgrading opposing views? While adding tons of sarcasm? Talk about pulling stuff out of your ass.

Show me anywhere in the travel discussion where I expressed an opinion. Couldn't have downgraged an opposing view, because I expressed no view. I just first mentioned what the approach was per KOC, then responded to your BS. And yes, sarcasm came at the end as I gave you sources for everything that you said was made up or misunderstood by me, etc.

You have issues, homie.

You wrote They're not trying to acclimate; they're staying on their local cycles/rhythms. I think the theory is that you don't acclimate in a few days anyway, so stick with the sleep schedule the team is attuned to on an ongoing basis. This idea is not unique to this organization.

I responded to it by expanding on CST v London time, and playing at 08:30 'local'.

You then went into jackass mode. THAT jackassery stems from your 'issues'.

< Message edited by Bill Johanesen -- 10/1/2022 8:31:20 AM >
Post #: 1004
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/1/2022 8:53:08 AM   
Bill Johanesen

Winston doubtful (not sure if its good or bad if he plays based on his season to date). Thomas out. Kamara questionable.

Time for the D to put a game together.
Post #: 1005
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/1/2022 9:34:45 AM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

Winston doubtful (not sure if its good or bad if he plays based on his season to date). Thomas out. Kamara questionable.

Time for the D to put a game together.

Against a hamstrung offense … we could build some defensive momentum. The confidence would do more than any offseason acquisition or missing draftpick to help us move forward a bit.

It also gives the coaches an opportunity to break one of my least favorite Zimmer routines, making opposing back-up QBs look glorious.

Also, Cousins playing at his lowest QB rating as a starter … if we could pull this game out I would have to begrudgingly give KOC and his staff some early credit for going 3-1 in Sept without Cousins Cook Jefferson pulling their weight (mostly).
Post #: 1006
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/1/2022 9:47:13 AM   
Daniel Lee Young

Being 2-1 is better than the 1-2 of last years start..

Going 3-1 would be much better, obviously.

Winning would be 3-1 in conference play and beating the bears after that would be 4-1 in conference.

KC needs to get on a roll, Donatello needs to dial in the defense and Cook needs to wear his god damn harness for his shoulder, if he keeps playing, with his tendency to get separated shoulder injuries.

Jefferson needs to shut up and put up.

I’m cranky…

"Thou shall not bear false witness”
I am WRATH, incarnate.
@RlyeeNicole’sDad
Post #: 1007
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/1/2022 10:09:24 AM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

ORIGINAL: Daniel Lee Young

Winning would be 3-1 in conference play and beating the bears after that would be 4-1 in conference.

KC needs to get on a roll, Donatello needs to dial in the defense and Cook needs to wear his god damn harness for his shoulder, if he keeps playing, with his tendency to get separated shoulder injuries.

I’m cranky…

I dont think this team is playing well enough for me to stick my neck out beyond one game …

You may be cranky but you are peeking ahead two games. Doubly hopefull to my expectations. Which makes you dribbling purple bubblegum froth out of your mouth compared to my slow purple IV drip.

Which makes me more grounded. I win.

< Message edited by Tom Sykes -- 10/1/2022 10:30:29 AM >
Post #: 1008
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/1/2022 10:42:55 AM   
Daniel Lee Young

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tom Sykes

quote:

ORIGINAL: Daniel Lee Young

I’m cranky…

I dont think this team is playing well enough for me to stick my neck out beyond one game …

You may be cranky but you are peeking ahead two games. Doubly hopefull to my expectations. Which makes you dribbling purple bubblegum froth out of your mouth compared to my slow purple IV drip.

Which makes me more grounded. I win.

No you don’t..

To be honest.. I see Sunday as a loss..

I picked the Vikes to win, but the confidence level on that pick in the Strib pool is under 10.. at 9.. which is a tossup, basically..

We get the bears at home.. if we can’t win that, I give up.

"Thou shall not bear false witness”
I am WRATH, incarnate.
@RlyeeNicole’sDad
Post #: 1009
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/1/2022 11:21:54 AM   
marty

C'mon Danno, even Marty is picking the Vikings to win this one.

Don't think in the Zimmer mindset, this is KOC, we're going to win this one.

SKOL to the BOWL !!!
Post #: 1010
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/1/2022 11:46:14 AM   
Todd M

quote:

I dont think this team is playing well enough for me to stick my neck out beyond one game

This is what I'm prescribing to.

Don't look beyond each game and don't get too up or down on each one.

I swear I've learned my lesson....after only ~30 years. Hopes and wishes Don't mean shit.
Post #: 1011
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/1/2022 12:05:59 PM   
bohumm

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Never said "experts" couldn't be wrong; in fact, I explicitly said they might be. But two or three weeks into the season is not a sufficient sample size to validate or refute an approach taken by people who have a lot of experience and insight, as well as a tremendous personal stake in the success of the team. These guys are smart and have a more vast knowledge base about their area than any of us do, and they have some basis for taking the course of action they've selected. Of course they could be wrong. But why not let it play out a bit before the sweeping conclusion that their idiots who should be fired?

And the health/medical/performance personnel on the Vikings who helped determine the approach to travel to and from the game have done loads of work and consulted people whose entire career is devoted to the areas affected, if not international travel's impact on performance itself. And a course of action was settled on and that will play out over the next few days. The Saints did similar work and chose a different approach. But the Vikings are idiots because they're not doing what this or that poster on this board thinks we should do.

I agree completely with Tom that relentlessly positive or negative posting, usually with no or very little basis that is articulated with anything like sound reasoning, is insipid and boring. It is in great supply in here as this season has started. Having concerns is one thing, and many of us have some or many. Ranting and drawing conclusions at this phase tells more about the poster than the posted.

Or was the expanded "health/medical/performance personnel on the Vikings who helped determine the approach to travel to and from the game..." just a shallow, made-up CYA?

If not, don't you question who they consulted, what their credentials of an "entire career" are, and how accurate they have been (assuming they have done NFL projections before)?

I'm curious because I've traveled across the pond (in this case, the Atlantic) more times than I can remember. Sometimes we were not restricted to commercial time slots. For the rest, Google North Atlantic Tracks. Once 'there', we sometimes went right into flight ops. Sometimes we got up early to plan. Sometimes it was as a tourist.

Tyler Williams is the health/performance poohbah, and I don't have any reason to question his sources nor do I think he is infallible.

Tyler Williams. The Executive Director of This and That. It's noted he "...serves on the Lower Extremity Task Force for the NFL Musculoskeletal Community." So we have that going for us, which is nice for traveling across time zones.

Maybe Wilf can hire a 'career' circadian rhythm person or Williams' primary 'source'. Make him the 5th Asst. Head Coach on the staff.

Here's a piece of what Tyler Williams just pulled out of his ass in a slipshod, haphazard, made-up way to justify not only the Vikings travel schedule for this trip, but his very existence. Clearly the entire approach is just completely made up, probably because Williams forgot all about this trip until last week. No one mentioned it until last Friday when, while playing dominoes after lunch for a couple of hours as they do every day, KOC said, "Hey dude, whatever your name is, when do we leave for Scotland?" Then Tyler just vomited out this approach off the top of his head.

(More is at https://www.vikings.com/news/health-performance-strategy-london-game-vs-saints):

From the link above:
Prior to joining Minnesota, Williams was with the Rams from 2007-21, a span during which the Rams traveled to London four different times.

He noted that the Rams did a full-week trip twice and on the other two occasions did a Thursday-Sunday/Monday trip similar to the Vikings plan.

"We did a full week twice, and we've done the short trip twice. Just from personal experience, looking at our concepts, our principles and after-action reviews, we thought the short trip puts us at the best for us and our organization," Williams explained. "Not to say one way is wrong and one way is right. There's probably eight different pathways to get from A to B; it's just what we feel like is best for our team at that time point."

Williams emphasized the priorities considered when tackling such a unique travel situation.

"We'll always make every decision based first and foremost on the players, maximizing their health and performance," he said. "And with that said, it's always the supporting mechanism to football. What we do as a performance strategy or a schedule strategy never trumps the Xs and Os but should enhance it.

"A lot of this comes into education," Williams later added. "Education and communication with [the coaches and players] on the 'why' behind what this does to your body and how to maximize your performance to set you up for success within this travel trip – or any travel trip. It's important to give them the tools to make a great decision."

Typical expert shit, my way or the highway, there's only one way to do it because I'm the expert, screw what anyone else thinks. Clearly no solid basis as to why, like we've gotten on here, with insightful takes like, "Hate that we do it this way" or "I've made several long trips for business and pleasure, and handled jet lag various ways, so..."

Glad you are impressed by simple clichés and throwaway lines devoid of substance.

And good job on the many lines of sarcasm, you must feel proud. I knew you wouldn't let it go.

Perhaps the Wilfs are simply looking to keep costs down (even with a possible NFL stipend to defray costs).

You're really nothing more than a pretty smart guy with an occasionally decent sense of humor who passes time in here as a sniveling little bitch. No amount of information will move you off of something contrary to your POV.

Good to know.

Poor angry bohumm.

In your continued haste to bring yet another quote in from some other 'expert', you didn't even differentiate casual tripe from real reported results.

Thinking more and more that from the get go you misunderstood or misreported what their intent is.

As for a form of bitch, I still chuckle that you were bitching about the board talking about the "back of the roster" at the very time NFL teams were whittling their rosters to get to 53! And off you've gone since then.

I have no idea what you're talking about, but the possibility that I posted something and forgot it is probably in the range of likelihood that you're completely misrepresenting something...which is to say very high.

I've only brought in "quotes" from what Tyler Williams said and what KOC said about that. Point out the misunderstanding or misreporting that I've done, and we can take it from there. Or you can just continue to pull stuff out of your ass that you can throw on the board.

"Only" brought in quotes? So you haven't brought your take on their opinions? While downgrading opposing views? While adding tons of sarcasm? Talk about pulling stuff out of your ass.

Show me anywhere in the travel discussion where I expressed an opinion. Couldn't have downgraged an opposing view, because I expressed no view. I just first mentioned what the approach was per KOC, then responded to your BS. And yes, sarcasm came at the end as I gave you sources for everything that you said was made up or misunderstood by me, etc.

You have issues, homie.

You wrote They're not trying to acclimate; they're staying on their local cycles/rhythms. I think the theory is that you don't acclimate in a few days anyway, so stick with the sleep schedule the team is attuned to on an ongoing basis. This idea is not unique to this organization.

I responded to it by expanding on CST v London time, and playing at 08:30 'local'.

Where is the opinion? Where's my POV on any of this? All I was doing was presenting the team's thinking from public sources, which you started to insinuate was made up, and then I was in CYA mode, and then the Vikings were just making things up, etc. I was just responding until the sarcasm in the post where I gave you quotes and links to their thinking as they made more public. And I did that because you're an asshole.
Post #: 1012
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/1/2022 12:13:26 PM   
bohumm

I just want to see the team and players continually progress, knowing it will be uneven, so the reset can come to full fruition in the next one to three years. That is the timeline that makes the most sense to me, looking at the current roster and the team's moves/non-moves this past offseason. This season could be a playoff season, but a) there is too much left to be revealed about the current season given all the change and the condition of the roster, and b) as Tom and others have focused on, making the playoffs isn't the ultimate goal, even if it's good enough for the Wilfs.
Post #: 1013
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/1/2022 12:45:00 PM   
Todd M

quote:

so the reset can come to full fruition in the next one to three years.

If our GM can't hit picks in the 1st 3 rounds it will never come.
Post #: 1014
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/1/2022 1:03:16 PM   
Todd M

KOC on Louis Cine.

"He's had a major impact on ST's. He's been really impactful there."

Post #: 1015
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/1/2022 1:29:42 PM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

I just want to see the team and players continually progress, knowing it will be uneven, so the reset can come to full fruition in the next one to three years. That is the timeline that makes the most sense to me, looking at the current roster and the team's moves/non-moves this past offseason. This season could be a playoff season, but a) there is too much left to be revealed about the current season given all the change and the condition of the roster, and b) as Tom and others have focused on, making the playoffs isn't the ultimate goal, even if it's good enough for the Wilfs.

Hold on now. It may seem like a good idea to swing Tom the sharpened machete around for Bill's next pass ... hoping to bring this thread to a violent bloody end.

But I kinda of think of Bill as the the talkvikes Black Knight (Monty Python version) ...

no matter how much I argue, trade insults and sever limbs, he's never going to admit to anything more than flesh wounds.

Maybe a holy hand grenade. I'll pull the pin for you but you have to get close enough to the blast radius.

< Message edited by Tom Sykes -- 10/1/2022 1:44:39 PM >
Post #: 1016
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/1/2022 1:42:50 PM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

ORIGINAL: Todd M

KOC on Louis Cine.

"He's had a major impact on ST's. He's been really impactful there."

Yeah ... coach speak is coach speak. This is the gooey enabling coach speak that some posters are completely unmoved by.

2-2 Sunday afternoon will make the trade in for Zimmer all even (record wise) at the approx. quarter mark.

3-1 at the quarter mark and the new age paisley hippie bus will start to crank its engine.

< Message edited by Tom Sykes -- 10/1/2022 1:45:10 PM >
Post #: 1017
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/1/2022 1:57:37 PM   
bohumm

quote:

quote:

Hold on now. It may seem like a good idea to swing Tom the sharpened machete around for Bill's next pass ... hoping to bring this thread to a violent bloody end.

But I kinda of think of Bill as the the talkvikes Black Knight (Monty Python version) ...

no matter how much I argue, trade insults and sever limbs, he's never going to admit to anything more than flesh wounds.

Maybe a holy hand grenade. I'll pull the pin for you but you have to get close enough to the blast radius.

I only invoke your name to ensure the grace of the gods. And, BTW, Bill admitting flesh wounds in the presence of a severed limb seems wildly optimistic.
Post #: 1018
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/1/2022 2:06:44 PM   
Tom Sykes

With all the arguing about travel logistics and Circadian Rhythms ... I did the only responsible thing, I googled.

I didn't find anything about pro athlete sleep patterns but I did find this nugget about our missing 2022 draft class ...

'While hiding underground, cicada nymphs latch on to tree roots and fatten up on a diet of sap ... they track time through the flow of of their host tree's sap ... before emerging 17 years later to scream, mate and die.'
Post #: 1019
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/1/2022 2:07:23 PM   
Tom Sykes

Sorry. I'm running amok. I'll move on.
Post #: 1020
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/1/2022 2:43:44 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

From the link above:

Good to know.

Poor angry bohumm.

You have issues, homie.

Where is the opinion? Where's my POV on any of this? All I was doing was presenting the team's thinking from public sources, which you started to insinuate was made up, and then I was in CYA mode, and then the Vikings were just making things up, etc. I was just responding until the sarcasm in the post where I gave you quotes and links to their thinking as they made more public. And I did that because you're an asshole.

That's a lie. Here is the sequence:

ORIGINAL: beo
Saints already across the pond. Vikings not leaving til later this week. Hate that... seems like the teams that go early to get acclimated do well.

You:
They're not trying to acclimate; they're staying on their local cycles/rhythms. I think the theory is that you don't acclimate in a few days anyway, so stick with the sleep schedule the team is attuned to on an ongoing basis. This idea is not unique to this organization.

Me:
To stay on their local cycles they of course would keep their body clocks in synch to CST. Which means they start the game at what their body clock thinks is 08:30 a.m. Which means waking up body clock wise at what, 06:00 a.m.? 05:30? Noonish local time (but for your theory that doesn't matter).

And to get say 7 hours of sleep in, they go to bed at 11:00 p.m. CST or 5:00 a.m. local time.

All that's doable depending on some things like when does the plane arrive (private/non-commercial?), but the problem is the hitting starts when their body thinks it's time to get out of bed. If they are flying commercial and arriving in the standard early a.m. hour, it's asinine to expect them to stay up until 5:00 a.m., hence the question about aircraft venue.

Saints meanwhile, if they are really across the pond, have 5-6 days to acclimate which is more than 'a few days' and right in line with synching them up for the London afternoon kickoff.

I suppose the teams consider the following week, which on the surface would mean the Vikings have the advantage. Mainly due to scheduling activities at a more normal time during the week. If the Saints got all their prep in, by Sunday it shouldn't matter.

You:
So that seals it. You and so many others on this board are so much smarter than the team's health guys, Donatell, KOC, Kwesi, etc. I'm in awe.

Go get help.
Post #: 1021
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/1/2022 2:49:40 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

ORIGINAL: Todd M

quote:

I dont think this team is playing well enough for me to stick my neck out beyond one game

This is what I'm prescribing to.

Don't look beyond each game and don't get too up or down on each one.

I swear I've learned my lesson....after only ~30 years. Hopes and wishes Don't mean shit.

I don't even look beyond one quarter.
Post #: 1022
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/1/2022 2:58:13 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

quote:

I've always thought you to be incapable of going into severed limb mode. Even during the mere couple of times when you've raised your dander, you've been a post away from moving on with wit and jokes.

Posters like bohumm jumping on their high horse for a couple of laps are mere gnats. Arguing with Voto back in the day... whew, going in you knew there better be blood bags available. Near death by a million cuts. Dano, the opposite... his preference then was to bludgeon. I have a few dents in my head.
Post #: 1023
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/1/2022 6:01:48 PM   
bohumm

[/quote]
[/quote]

Saints already across the pond. Vikings not leaving til later this week. Hate that... seems like the teams that go early to get acclimated do well.

You:
They're not trying to acclimate; they're staying on their local cycles/rhythms. I think the theory is that you don't acclimate in a few days anyway, so stick with the sleep schedule the team is attuned to on an ongoing basis. This idea is not unique to this organization.

Me:
To stay on their local cycles they of course would keep their body clocks in synch to CST. Which means they start the game at what their body clock thinks is 08:30 a.m. Which means waking up body clock wise at what, 06:00 a.m.? 05:30? Noonish local time (but for your theory that doesn't matter).

And to get say 7 hours of sleep in, they go to bed at 11:00 p.m. CST or 5:00 a.m. local time.

All that's doable depending on some things like when does the plane arrive (private/non-commercial?), but the problem is the hitting starts when their body thinks it's time to get out of bed. If they are flying commercial and arriving in the standard early a.m. hour, it's asinine to expect them to stay up until 5:00 a.m., hence the question about aircraft venue.

Saints meanwhile, if they are really across the pond, have 5-6 days to acclimate which is more than 'a few days' and right in line with synching them up for the London afternoon kickoff.

I suppose the teams consider the following week, which on the surface would mean the Vikings have the advantage. Mainly due to scheduling activities at a more normal time during the week. If the Saints got all their prep in, by Sunday it shouldn't matter.

You:
So that seals it. You and so many others on this board are so much smarter than the team's health guys, Donatell, KOC, Kwesi, etc. I'm in awe.

Go get help.
[/quote]
Got me. I went sarcastic earlier toward you and others, in your case because you were ascribing the theory the Vikings were going by to me and concluding that the Saints' method was superior with no possibility the Vikings know what they're doing. The references to Donatell, KOC, Kwesi, etc., were addressing people calling for Donatell to be fired and saying KOC was in over his head and Kwesi doesn't know what he's doing, etc., also without any possibility that the opposite may be true.

You keep referring to my opinions and takes, and I have given none, other than that you are an asshole, which I stand by.
Post #: 1024
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/1/2022 6:33:58 PM   
Bill Johanesen

[/quote]
[/quote]

You:

Me:

You:

Go get help.
[/quote]
Got me. I went sarcastic earlier toward you and others, in your case because you were ascribing the theory the Vikings were going by to me and concluding that the Saints' method was superior with no possibility the Vikings know what they're doing. The references to Donatell, KOC, Kwesi, etc., were addressing people calling for Donatell to be fired and saying KOC was in over his head and Kwesi doesn't know what he's doing, etc., also without any possibility that the opposite may be true.

You keep referring to my opinions and takes, and I have given none, other than that you are an asshole, which I stand by.

Guess you couldn't bob and weave out of that.

Take, opinion... semantics. Veiled in your sarcasm.

bohumm, your only consistency is your love of ascribing various versions of 'ass'. Must be on your mind... flattered, but not my style. Go find a girlfriend (or a guy friend, not that's there is anything wrong with that).

< Message edited by Bill Johanesen -- 10/1/2022 6:44:41 PM >
Post #: 1025
Page:   <<   < prev  39 40 [41] 42 43   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  39 40 [41] 42 43   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode