Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: Twins 2023 Season and Game Day Thread

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Other Minnesota Sports] >> Minnesota Twins >> RE: Twins 2023 Season and Game Day Thread Page: <<   < prev  36 37 [38] 39 40   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Twins 2023 Season and Game Day Thread - 6/8/2023 9:10:39 AM   
ronhextall

Buxton Correa

KAT Gorbert

Suter Parise

three franchises, each with a pair of contracts/moves/trades that killed Minnesota franchises for 5-10 years.
Post #: 926
RE: Twins 2023 Season and Game Day Thread - 6/8/2023 9:51:09 AM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

ORIGINAL: Brad H

.403 with a .947 OPS

Arraez has struck out just 11 times in 235 plate appearances. Arraez has 87 hits while Polanco and Julien have combined for 43. He's more than doubled our current second basemen.

And oh yea, ZERO errors in 237 chances.

How is Kevin Tapani looking these days? Or Steve Bedrosian? Or whatever the hell we are calling him.

Getting beat 2-1 Pablo pitched a great game. They just didn't score any runs for him.

Arraez would have helped, sure. but He only gets to bat once every 9 guys. The other 8 still need to step up and do something.

I love the home run, but these guys are corkscrewing themselves into the ground trying to hit the ball a country mile when they should be working on just making good contact. The Homers will come naturally and they will hit more. The current philosophy is anti-Tom Kelly. Which is to say, stupid.

We get guys on and in scoring position with nobody out on a regular basis and they almost never score. Because inevitably the next three guys either strike out, pop out or hit into an inning ending double play. and most of the guys look like they are trying to hit the ball like Harmon Killebrew.

Ron Gardenhire wanted everyone to hit everything the other way. Rocco seems to want nothing but the longball. They need to find a hitting coach that can find the happy middle ground in between.

I don't want to go through things that don't kill me and make me stronger anymore.
Post #: 927
RE: Twins 2023 Season and Game Day Thread - 6/8/2023 10:44:37 AM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Trekgeekscott

quote:

.403 with a .947 OPS

Arraez has struck out just 11 times in 235 plate appearances. Arraez has 87 hits while Polanco and Julien have combined for 43. He's more than doubled our current second basemen.

How is Kevin Tapani looking these days? Or Steve Bedrosian? Or whatever the hell we are calling him.

Getting beat 2-1 Pablo pitched a great game. They just didn't score any runs for him.

Arraez would have helped, sure. but He only gets to bat once every 9 guys. The other 8 still need to step up and do something.

I love the home run, but these guys are corkscrewing themselves into the ground trying to hit the ball a country mile when they should be working on just making good contact. The Homers will come naturally and they will hit more. The current philosophy is anti-Tom Kelly. Which is to say, stupid.

We get guys on and in scoring position with nobody out on a regular basis and they almost never score. Because inevitably the next three guys either strike out, pop out or hit into an inning ending double play. and most of the guys look like they are trying to hit the ball like Harmon Killebrew.

Ron Gardenhire wanted everyone to hit everything the other way. Rocco seems to want nothing but the longball. They need to find a hitting coach that can find the happy middle ground in between.

Turn the base stealers loose....Taylor and Castro should be bunting and doing whatever they can to get on base....so idiotic.

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 928
RE: Twins 2023 Season and Game Day Thread - 6/8/2023 10:45:21 AM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

ORIGINAL: ronhextall

Buxton Correa

KAT Gorbert

Suter Parise

three franchises, each with a pair of contracts/moves/trades that killed Minnesota franchises for 5-10 years.

Buxton doesn't belong in that group.

Post #: 929
RE: Twins 2023 Season and Game Day Thread - 6/8/2023 11:00:18 AM   
ronhextall

quote:

ORIGINAL: Phil Riewer

quote:

Buxton Correa

KAT Gorbert

Suter Parise

sure he does. big contract (by Twins standards) and is completely worthless because he doesn't play enough in the field or really play enough at all. He will hamstring the franchise's willingness/ability to improve the team.
Post #: 930
RE: Twins 2023 Season and Game Day Thread - 6/8/2023 11:18:41 AM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

quote:

quote:

Buxton Correa

KAT Gorbert

Suter Parise

sure he does. big contract (by Twins standards) and is completely worthless because he doesn't play enough in the field or really play enough at all. He will hamstring the franchise's willingness/ability to improve the team.

According to Fangraphs Correa was paid to his value last year and Buck was severly underpaid the last 2 years:

https://www.fangraphs.com/players/byron-buxton/14161/stats#value
https://www.fangraphs.com/players/carlos-correa/14162/stats#value

Post #: 931
RE: Twins 2023 Season and Game Day Thread - 6/8/2023 11:32:53 AM   
ronhextall

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Buxton Correa

KAT Gorbert

Suter Parise

According to Fangraphs Correa was paid to his value last year and Buck was severly underpaid the last 2 years:

https://www.fangraphs.com/players/byron-buxton/14161/stats#value
https://www.fangraphs.com/players/carlos-correa/14162/stats#value

I am keeping it simple W-L record and additional acquired talent.
Post #: 932
RE: Twins 2023 Season and Game Day Thread - 6/8/2023 11:41:24 AM   
Phil Riewer

So Rocco is now upset with Kepler?

Cody Pirkl
@CodyPirkl
·
33m
I still really think the #MNTwins    are going to wind up with egg on their face having not traded Kepler for whatever they could this winter. This quite literally could not be going worse through 60+ games and I can't imagine there's any trade value at this point.
Quote Tweet
DanHayesMLB
@DanHayesMLB
·
51m
Rocco Baldelli is displeased with Max Kepler after he didn’t run behind Michael Taylor’s steal of third base. Planned to address it this morning. #MNTwins

Post #: 933
RE: Twins 2023 Season and Game Day Thread - 6/8/2023 2:21:59 PM   
twinsfan

Lost again today. Darn. Still in 1st place, so that's good.

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 934
RE: Twins 2023 Season and Game Day Thread - 6/8/2023 3:54:17 PM   
Phil Riewer

Ober was told to wash his hands 2 innings in a row----Ump thought the Sweat and Rosin mix was still sticky.

Affected him in their big inning supposedly.

Do-Hyoung Park
@dohyoungpark
·
42m
Bailey Ober said the umpires asked him ahead of the fourth to wash his hands because they were too sweaty. They didn't notice anything sticky. Just asked him out of an overabundance of caution.

Ober called it "frustrating" since it's just sweat and rosin like always.

Do-Hyoung Park
@dohyoungpark
Crew chief Jeff Nelson:

"We didn't observe anything that was sticky and suspicious. ... Out of an abundance of caution, it's better to make it a non-issue by cleaning it up."

Ober:

"First time all year that's happened. I haven't changed anything. Spin rates didn't change."

< Message edited by Phil Riewer -- 6/8/2023 3:57:09 PM >

Post #: 935
RE: Twins 2023 Season and Game Day Thread - 6/8/2023 5:46:51 PM   
MDK

It's June 8 and Tampa has won 46 games.
Twins are 14 games back of Tampa.
Best thing for the AL East was Moving away from the unbalanced schedule.
Baseball needs to dump the AL Central.
All teams

MAGA needs to change to MAWA= Make America White Again

Tom Smothers RIP: Easter "is when Jesus comes out of his tomb and if he sees his shadow, he goes back in and we get six more weeks of winter."
Post #: 936
RE: Twins 2023 Season and Game Day Thread - 6/8/2023 8:22:59 PM   
TJSweens

quote:

ORIGINAL: MDK

All teams

The Rays are the gold standard to me. They are always very competitive in the powerful AL East and they do it by out scouting, out drafting and out developing everyone else.

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 937
RE: Twins 2023 Season and Game Day Thread - 6/9/2023 7:26:02 AM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

ORIGINAL: TJSweens

quote:

All teams

The Rays are the gold standard to me. They are always very competitive in the powerful AL East and they do it by out scouting, out drafting and out developing everyone else.

Elfin signs a very reasonable contract and pitches like a #1; Phillies were using him as a #5/#6....

They wanted to trade for Kepler a couple years ago; apparently they know how to fix him also.

< Message edited by Phil Riewer -- 6/9/2023 7:28:26 AM >

Post #: 938
RE: Twins 2023 Season and Game Day Thread - 6/9/2023 7:44:30 AM   
Brad H

quote:

quote:

quote:

.403 with a .947 OPS

Turn the base stealers loose....Taylor and Castro should be bunting and doing whatever they can to get on base....so idiotic.

Fundamentally, it's bad baseball. And it's a league-wide problem.

Defense starts at the corners!
Post #: 939
RE: Twins 2023 Season and Game Day Thread - 6/9/2023 8:05:30 AM   
Brad H

The Twins are hitting .229 as a team. If you project Arraez into the lineup they'd be somewhere in the .245 area. It's better, but it still aint good.

The amount of strikeouts is just unacceptable. They now have 641 k's in 63 games. It's unwatchable baseball and not worth your hard-earned money to go to a game.

I watch Rocco Baldelli, and wonder how the guy ever made it this far in the game. He's just awful. Somewhere out there, Gene Mauch is rolling over in his grave.

< Message edited by Brad H -- 6/9/2023 8:10:06 AM >

Defense starts at the corners!
Post #: 940
RE: Twins 2023 Season and Game Day Thread - 6/9/2023 8:37:10 AM   
TJSweens

quote:

I watch Rocco Baldelli, and wonder how the guy ever made it this far in the game. He's just awful. Somewhere out there, Gene Mauch is rolling over in his grave.

How he got this far is easy. Rocco sat down for the interview and talked analytics. Falvey's nipples got hard and he gave Rocco the job.

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 941
RE: Twins 2023 Season and Game Day Thread - 6/9/2023 9:05:24 AM   
MDK

quote:

quote:

How he got this far is easy. Rocco sat down for the interview and talked analytics. Falvey's nipples got hard and he gave Rocco the job.

MAGA needs to change to MAWA= Make America White Again

Tom Smothers RIP: Easter "is when Jesus comes out of his tomb and if he sees his shadow, he goes back in and we get six more weeks of winter."
Post #: 942
RE: Twins 2023 Season and Game Day Thread - 6/9/2023 10:22:38 AM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

quote:

quote:

Why not DL Buck and bring up Wallner (Bench Kepler for a couple of games)? Whomever call that is uugh. Why???

Post #: 943
RE: Twins 2023 Season and Game Day Thread - 6/9/2023 10:24:06 AM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Why not DL Buck and bring up Wallner (Bench Kepler for a couple of games)? Whomever call that is uugh. Why???

They DL'd Buck a few days ago and brought up Larnach. didn't they?

I don't want to go through things that don't kill me and make me stronger anymore.
Post #: 944
RE: Twins 2023 Season and Game Day Thread - 6/9/2023 10:25:43 AM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Didn't think he was on the DL; still amazed they didn't keep Wallner up...

Post #: 945
RE: Twins 2023 Season and Game Day Thread - 6/9/2023 10:35:34 AM   
twinsfan

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

You are correct! Phil isn't paying very close attention.

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 946
RE: Twins 2023 Season and Game Day Thread - 6/9/2023 10:43:41 AM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

ORIGINAL: twinsfan

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

You are correct! Phil isn't paying very close attention.

No reason to currently; they are playing like Duke.

Post #: 947
RE: Twins 2023 Season and Game Day Thread - 6/9/2023 10:45:20 AM   
Phil Riewer

Also I saw this article:
https://twinsdaily.com/news-rumors/minnesota-twins/the-minnesota-twins-need-to-be-more-decisive-with-the-injured-list-r14369/?tab=comments#comment-1274101

The Twins are decisive with injuries; it is a problem and they play shorthanded a lot because of it.

Post #: 948
RE: Twins 2023 Season and Game Day Thread - 6/9/2023 5:14:54 PM   
Mister Ed

Twins are a full blown failure of analytics and percentage driven decisions

What was old is new again
Post #: 949
RE: Twins 2023 Season and Game Day Thread - 6/9/2023 8:22:47 PM   
TJSweens

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mister Ed

Twins are a full blown failure of analytics and percentage driven decisions

Case in point; once again Rockhead pulls Sonny Gray after 5 innings and 75 pitches for some analytics based reason. He brings in Bugs Moran who once again gives up the tying run and can't finish the inning. BRILLIANT!!!

Post #: 950
Page:   <<   < prev  36 37 [38] 39 40   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Other Minnesota Sports] >> Minnesota Twins >> RE: Twins 2023 Season and Game Day Thread Page: <<   < prev  36 37 [38] 39 40   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode