Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: Twins 2023 Season and Game Day Thread

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Other Minnesota Sports] >> Minnesota Twins >> RE: Twins 2023 Season and Game Day Thread Page: <<   < prev  71 72 [73] 74 75   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Twins 2023 Season and Game Day Thread - 8/15/2023 10:04:25 AM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

ORIGINAL: Brad H

First off, I'm not sure why anyone would assume the Twins are going to make the playoffs. There's 42 games remaining.

Lets not forget, last season they went 28-40 after the All-Star Break and missed the playoffs by 14 games.

Yes. but then we had another team in the division actually trying.

And we do have a bigger lead than any other division right now.

Of course nothing is guaranteed. And what happened last year don't mean squat. If it did we wouldn't have won the World Series in 1991

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn't work if it's not open. Frank Zappa
Post #: 1801
RE: Twins 2023 Season and Game Day Thread - 8/15/2023 10:24:31 AM   
Ricky J

quote:

ORIGINAL: Trekgeekscott

quote:

First off, I'm not sure why anyone would assume the Twins are going to make the playoffs. There's 42 games remaining.

Lets not forget, last season they went 28-40 after the All-Star Break and missed the playoffs by 14 games.

Of course nothing is guaranteed. And what happened last year don't mean squat. If it did we wouldn't have won the World Series in 1991

I sure am glad to got to experience 1987 & 1991. Sheesh, life would be a bitch without those two years.

- give me just one more, please ... and if I get a choice I'll take the Vikings, only because
Post #: 1802
RE: Twins 2023 Season and Game Day Thread - 8/15/2023 10:28:06 AM   
Brad H

quote:

quote:

The magic number is 37-38 right now. Get it down to 0 and I'll start thinking about possible playoff matchups. One step at a time.

< Message edited by Brad H -- 8/15/2023 10:29:34 AM >

Defense starts at the corners!
Post #: 1803
RE: Twins 2023 Season and Game Day Thread - 8/15/2023 10:31:05 AM   
Ricky J

quote:

quote:

https://twitter.com/TwinsAlmanac/status/1691217462392434688?s=20
Post #: 1804
RE: Twins 2023 Season and Game Day Thread - 8/15/2023 1:00:18 PM  1 votes
Steve Lentz

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ricky J

quote:

quote:

https://twitter.com/TwinsAlmanac/status/1691217462392434688?s=20

Dang. It just doesn't get much better than that. Still get chills every time I see it!!!

" I believe empathy is the most essential quality of civilization"
Post #: 1805
RE: Twins 2023 Season and Game Day Thread - 8/15/2023 2:21:58 PM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

quote:

quote:

The magic number is 37-38 right now. Get it down to 0 and I'll start thinking about possible playoff matchups. One step at a time.

Fine. you do that.

Others can dream/fantasize if they want.

I, for one, can't wait for us to make it and be embarassed in the first round again.

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn't work if it's not open. Frank Zappa
Post #: 1806
RE: Twins 2023 Season and Game Day Thread - 8/15/2023 3:06:13 PM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Fine. you do that.

I, for one, can't wait for us to make it and be embarassed in the first round again.

There are similarities with the starting/batting lineup injuries but Lewis is coming back and we have better depth to withstand (Buck, Miranda, Lewis, and Kiriloff) injuries with Solano, Julien, Castro, Wallner, and Taylor filling the holes the pitching just depends on Stewart and Ryan getting healthy to make a run.

< Message edited by Phil Riewer -- 8/15/2023 3:18:10 PM >

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 1807
RE: Twins 2023 Season and Game Day Thread - 8/15/2023 3:22:37 PM   
Ricky J

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Fine. you do that.

Not happening. Not this year. Every year a team is different in bb and fb. Only the fans stay the same. This is the year we get at least one series.
Post #: 1808
RE: Twins 2023 Season and Game Day Thread - 8/15/2023 4:48:34 PM   
Phil Riewer

DanHayesMLB
@DanHayesMLB
·
2m
Rocco noted during his session that Edouard Julien is out of tonight's lineup with a hamstring issue. #MNTwins

38m
Joe Ryan threw a bullpen session today. It went well. If he comes out of it feeling good tomorrow, next step would be a rehab outing. #MNTwins

36m
Willi Castro’s oblique strain is on the left side. He can still hit left handed but is limited from right side. Felt
it in cage on Friday. Felt it even more when he woke up Saturday. MRI showed it’s a Grade 1 strain, which is the least serious version. #MNTwins

Royce Lewis is activated. To make space, #MNTwins place Willi Castro on the injured list with a mild left oblique strain.

Do-Hyoung Park
@dohyoungpark
·
6m
Byron Buxton is finishing up his conditioning progression and is getting back into baseball activities. They'll have a better idea of where he's at after they lay out his running progression in the next two days.

Return not imminent, likely to need an eventual rehab assignment.

Brock Stewart is throwing out to 90 feet. No mound progression mapped out yet, but head athletic trainer Nick Paparesta said they'll hopefully get him off the mound next week at some point.

Post #: 1809
RE: Twins 2023 Season and Game Day Thread - 8/15/2023 5:33:06 PM   
Mister Ed

quote:

And we do have a bigger lead than any other division right now

In the American League.

by a game.

Dodgers Up by 9, Braves 11 1/2

https://www.espn.com/mlb/standings

What was old is new again
Post #: 1810
RE: Twins 2023 Season and Game Day Thread - 8/15/2023 7:06:27 PM   
ewen21

quote:

ORIGINAL: Phil Riewer

Do-Hyoung Park
@dohyoungpark
·
6m
Byron Buxton is finishing up his conditioning progression and is getting back into baseball activities. They'll have a better idea of where he's at after they lay out his running progression in the next two days.

It now has become likely (once again) that he will not play 100 games in a season. In fact, he has played in more than 92 games ONCE in his entire career and it is entirely possible he will not again this season. The formula for him seems to be: 1.have an extended slump, 2. excuses/assumptions about an injury hampering play, 3 a trip to the injured list to support the theory, and then the best part... 4. mystery and intrigue about when he will return.

It's a tired old formula and it is a shame we are stuck with him. He's had some pretty good patches in his career but overall he is a .239 lifetime hitter who has not even collected his 600th hit and it is August in his eighth season. He has an OPS of exactly .300 for his career and now we are not sure if he will ever play centerfield because of his knee (even though he spent a portion of the season stealing bases, taking extra bases and running at will on the basepaths).

THis is his 29 year old season and it should be his prime. This will not improve with age, by the way

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. It is its natural manure"

--Thom Jefferson"
Post #: 1811
RE: Twins 2023 Season and Game Day Thread - 8/15/2023 9:41:49 PM   
Steve Lentz

Wallner with the Salami!!!!!
Anytime we beat the Tigers I feel a little relief.

Post #: 1812
RE: Twins 2023 Season and Game Day Thread - 8/15/2023 10:34:13 PM   
Ricky J

quote:

ORIGINAL: Steve Lentz

Wallner with the Salami!!!!!
Anytime we beat the Tigers I feel a little relief.

I was so mad at Correa for hitting into the dp. Come on, give the kid a chance for back-to- back slams
Post #: 1813
RE: Twins 2023 Season and Game Day Thread - 8/16/2023 8:03:17 AM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

ORIGINAL: ewen21

quote:

Do-Hyoung Park
@dohyoungpark
·
6m

It now has become likely (once again) that he will not play 100 games in a season. In fact, he has played in more than 92 games ONCE in his entire career and it is entirely possible he will not again this season. The formula for him seems to be: 1.have an extended slump, 2. excuses/assumptions about an injury hampering play, 3 a trip to the injured list to support the theory, and then the best part... 4. mystery and intrigue about when he will return.

It's a tired old formula and it is a shame we are stuck with him. He's had some pretty good patches in his career but overall he is a .239 lifetime hitter who has not even collected his 600th hit and it is August in his eighth season. He has an OPS of exactly .300 for his career and now we are not sure if he will ever play centerfield because of his knee (even though he spent a portion of the season stealing bases, taking extra bases and running at will on the basepaths).

THis is his 29 year old season and it should be his prime. This will not improve with age, by the way

7/100 isn't chump change but if his history wasn't full of injuries he would have a CC contract.

Post #: 1814
RE: Twins 2023 Season and Game Day Thread - 8/16/2023 9:49:34 AM   
twinsfan

quote:

DanHayesMLB
@DanHayesMLB
·
2m
Rocco noted during his session that Edouard Julien is out of tonight's lineup with a hamstring issue. #MNTwins

38m
Joe Ryan threw a bullpen session today. It went well. If he comes out of it feeling good tomorrow, next step would be a rehab outing. #MNTwins

36m
Willi Castro’s oblique strain is on the left side. He can still hit left handed but is limited from right side. Felt
it in cage on Friday. Felt it even more when he woke up Saturday. MRI showed it’s a Grade 1 strain, which is the least serious version. #MNTwins

Royce Lewis is activated. To make space, #MNTwins place Willi Castro on the injured list with a mild left oblique strain.

Do-Hyoung Park
@dohyoungpark
·
6m

Brock Stewart is throwing out to 90 feet. No mound progression mapped out yet, but head athletic trainer Nick Paparesta said they'll hopefully get him off the mound next week at some point.

I was at the game last night. Julien being out of the lineup with an injury proved to be a blessing. Polanco, including a couple not-quite-routine double plays turned, made 5 plays that I don't think Julien makes. This conclusion comes as someone who has watched Julien at 2B in person numerous times this season. He is not much different than an American Legion defensive 2B. He just does not have it in him. Something is off. There's always something, even on the routine. Very rare that he cleanly makes the turn or the toss properly on a DP.

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 1815
RE: Twins 2023 Season and Game Day Thread - 8/16/2023 9:52:37 AM   
twinsfan

quote:

DanHayesMLB
@DanHayesMLB
·
2m

38m

36m

Do-Hyoung Park
@dohyoungpark
·
6m

Abusing the IL list. I hadn't heard anything about a Willi Castro injury.

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 1816
RE: Twins 2023 Season and Game Day Thread - 8/16/2023 1:38:39 PM   
Ricky J

At 2nd Julian 3/3 today with a season avg of 291.

Polonco at DH

Will there be a switch between the two soon?
Post #: 1817
RE: Twins 2023 Season and Game Day Thread - 8/16/2023 3:27:47 PM   
Steve Lentz

Tigers

Post #: 1818
RE: Twins 2023 Season and Game Day Thread - 8/16/2023 4:20:58 PM   
Ricky J

What a buzz kill!
Post #: 1819
RE: Twins 2023 Season and Game Day Thread - 8/16/2023 5:13:04 PM   
TJSweens

Captain Jax with another stellar outing.

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 1820
RE: Twins 2023 Season and Game Day Thread - 8/18/2023 12:55:31 AM   
Karl Juhnke

Castro “mild left oblique strain”. Yeah they’re stashing him. I get that 3-4 times a week.
Post #: 1821
RE: Twins 2023 Season and Game Day Thread - 8/18/2023 10:55:35 AM   
Ricky J

From Twins Almanac: Joe batting .383 on this date in 2009 - finished with .365 and MVP.

Tough to keep that avg. that high this late.

Today: Arraez & Acuna .335
Post #: 1822
RE: Twins 2023 Season and Game Day Thread - 8/18/2023 8:36:57 PM   
twinsfan

Lopez is so good. Love that trade.

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 1823
RE: Twins 2023 Season and Game Day Thread - 8/18/2023 8:37:46 PM   
twinsfan

quote:

ORIGINAL: Karl Juhnke

Castro “mild left oblique strain”. Yeah they’re stashing him. I get that 3-4 times a week.

Read my posts.

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 1824
RE: Twins 2023 Season and Game Day Thread - 8/18/2023 9:12:32 PM   
Ricky J

Got a shut out through 6, your replacement comes in, walk, double, single ....

edit: way to save the inning Jax

< Message edited by Ricky J -- 8/18/2023 9:19:20 PM >
Post #: 1825
Page:   <<   < prev  71 72 [73] 74 75   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Other Minnesota Sports] >> Minnesota Twins >> RE: Twins 2023 Season and Game Day Thread Page: <<   < prev  71 72 [73] 74 75   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode