Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: General Vikes Talk

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  10 11 [12] 13 14   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/21/2023 10:43:40 AM   
Murph

quote:

ORIGINAL: Daniel Lee Young

Big fn deal.. if buffaloes “ luck/bounce” had gone against instead of for,

We would have been 12-5 not 13-4

STILL, COUSINS ****ED team and fans,AT HOME IN THE PLAYOFFS.

Nothing changes that fact.

Cousins Failed at home, to do anything but soil his pull-ups when the season was on the line.

We will never get “that lucky” or “ gifted” for an entire regular season as we were last season.

I’d rather have lost one more regular season game and got the win in the playoffs.

****ing regular season wins and Division Crowns ARE my minimum Expectations.

Failure in the playoffs has become so common, for the millennia and younger fans, they are Happy!

Just to get one more game!

One and Done!!
One and Done!!

With a winning record.

JFC..

AIM HIGHER.

Get rid of KFC, asap.

Amen!

Think Super Bowls not just being a playoff team, only to get beat by a Super Bowl team.

Hey Wilf's, let's build a "Perennial Super Bowl contender" not a "perennial playoff contender".
Post #: 276
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/21/2023 12:27:26 PM   
Ricky J

quote:

ORIGINAL: Murph

quote:

ORIGINAL: Daniel Lee Young

Big fn deal.. if buffaloes “ luck/bounce” had gone against instead of for,

We would have been 12-5 not 13-4

STILL, COUSINS ****ED team and fans,AT HOME IN THE PLAYOFFS.

Nothing changes that fact.

Cousins Failed at home, to do anything but soil his pull-ups when the season was on the line.

We will never get “that lucky” or “ gifted” for an entire regular season as we were last season.

I’d rather have lost one more regular season game and got the win in the playoffs.

****ing regular season wins and Division Crowns ARE my minimum Expectations.

Failure in the playoffs has become so common, for the millennia and younger fans, they are Happy!

Just to get one more game!

One and Done!!
One and Done!!

With a winning record.

JFC..

AIM HIGHER.

Get rid of KFC, asap.

Amen!

Think Super Bowls not just being a playoff team, only to get beat by a Super Bowl team.

Oh for pete's sakes!

Cousins blah blah blah

Relax
Post #: 277
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/22/2023 10:38:41 AM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

ORIGINAL: TJSweens

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ricky J

But aren't we just hyper focusing on how the Vikes got "lucky" and none of the breaks the other teams had?
Cant bring up how we got screwed and got lucky but it's ok to bring up how the other team got screwed and we got lucky
<shrugi

True. Buffalo got extremely lucky when they scored a TD on a pass where Bynam was set up for an easy interception...until the official run into him and knocked him down.

Wasn't that in Washington?

Either way.

Buffalo got lucky when they didn't throw a flag for 12 men on the field on a critical 3rd down stop in overtime. Also didn't have a catch where the WR was clearly out of bounds wasn't reviewed.

Yeah, we got lucky when Allen fumbled in the endzone when all they had to do was make enough room to run out the clock.

But we also played an amazing game up to that point. and so did Buffalo. We beat a very good team in their house, despite some really bad officiating especially late.

I don't want to go through things that don't kill me and make me stronger anymore.
Post #: 278
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/22/2023 11:54:05 AM   
David F.

Buffalo was a strange game in that we won on the road against a top-tier opponent. Making it even stranger is that even though we gave up 30 points, the game was essentially won by our defense. Patrick Peterson had 2 picks, Hunter and ZSmith both had a sack, and Kendricks came up with a fumble recovery in the endzone for a TD. Our offense was mostly poor with a few spectacular moments mixed in. Dalvin's stat line is impressive with 14 carries for 119 yards and a TD but basically his contribution came all on one play, an 81-yard TD run. On his 13 other carries he averaged 2.9 yards. Justin Jefferson had the catch of the season and finished with 10 catches for 193 yards and a TD. Thielen, Hockenson, Osborn, Cook, and Mattison were the only others to catch a pass and combined for 164 yards on 34 targets. That's 4.82 yards/target. They caught 20 balls between them averaging 8.2 yards per catch - checkdown city. Kirk gets a comeback win on the road vs. a good team with 2 picks and 2 fumbles and contributed nearly nothing beyond the first drive where he hit Jefferson for a 22-yard TD - except for the incredible 4th-and-long pass to Jefferson later. Like I said, mostly poor with a few moments of spectacular.

I wouldn't give ANY qb $30-50+ mil unless that QB had won me a Super Bowl. Did you win a Super Bowl on your rookie deal? Yes? Great! Here's your hugenormous contract. F it let's just run victory laps and love life. No? Good luck. Next!
Post #: 279
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/22/2023 12:30:05 PM   
ronhextall

Josh Allen might have a little Cousin's in him. Allen is really good but might not ever get over the top because of some self inflicted key mistakes.

Big year for the Bills, I could easily see them start to slide backwards as currently constructed.
Post #: 280
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/22/2023 12:38:51 PM   
David Levine

quote:

ORIGINAL: ronhextall

Josh Allen might have a little Cousin's in him. Allen is really good but might not ever get over the top because of some self inflicted key mistakes.

Big year for the Bills, I could easily see them start to slide backwards as currently constructed.

There is some truth to that.

But I also think its a lot easier to tamp down aggression than to instill it in someone.
Post #: 281
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/22/2023 12:41:20 PM   
David F.

quote:

ORIGINAL: ronhextall

Allen has a 'turnover-at-the-worst-possible-moment' thing about him. We were in Buffalo for the Vikes game - the Bills fans have taken notice, and they are starting to whisper about it. Then, true to form, he threw a pick to Patrick Peterson in the endzone and fumbled the snap in the other endzone. Neither Allen or Cousins had a good game that day.

I wouldn't give ANY qb $30-50+ mil unless that QB had won me a Super Bowl. Did you win a Super Bowl on your rookie deal? Yes? Great! Here's your hugenormous contract. F it let's just run victory laps and love life. No? Good luck. Next!
Post #: 282
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/22/2023 11:01:52 PM   
thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Trekgeekscott

quote:

quote:

But aren't we just hyper focusing on how the Vikes got "lucky" and none of the breaks the other teams had?
Cant bring up how we got screwed and got lucky but it's ok to bring up how the other team got screwed and we got lucky
<shrugi

True. Buffalo got extremely lucky when they scored a TD on a pass where Bynam was set up for an easy interception...until the official run into him and knocked him down.

Wasn't that in Washington?

Either way.

Buffalo got lucky when they didn't throw a flag for 12 men on the field on a critical 3rd down stop in overtime. Also didn't have a catch where the WR was clearly out of bounds wasn't reviewed.

Yeah, we got lucky when Allen fumbled in the endzone when all they had to do was make enough room to run out the clock.

But we also played an amazing game up to that point. and so did Buffalo. We beat a very good team in their house, despite some really bad officiating especially late.

LMAO
Post #: 283
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/23/2023 2:29:40 AM   
ratoppenheimer

quote:

ORIGINAL: David F.

Buffalo was a strange game in that we won on the road against a top-tier opponent. Making it even stranger is that even though we gave up 30 points, the game was essentially won by our defense. Patrick Peterson had 2 picks, Hunter and ZSmith both had a sack, and Kendricks came up with a fumble recovery in the endzone for a TD. Our offense was mostly poor with a few spectacular moments mixed in. Dalvin's stat line is impressive with 14 carries for 119 yards and a TD but basically his contribution came all on one play, an 81-yard TD run. On his 13 other carries he averaged 2.9 yards. Justin Jefferson had the catch of the season and finished with 10 catches for 193 yards and a TD. Thielen, Hockenson, Osborn, Cook, and Mattison were the only others to catch a pass and combined for 164 yards on 34 targets. That's 4.82 yards/target. They caught 20 balls between them averaging 8.2 yards per catch - checkdown city. Kirk gets a comeback win on the road vs. a good team with 2 picks and 2 fumbles and contributed nearly nothing beyond the first drive where he hit Jefferson for a 22-yard TD - except for the incredible 4th-and-long pass to Jefferson later. Like I said, mostly poor with a few moments of spectacular.

I see that catch as one that Jefferson could make 8/10 times - spectacular looking, but still very doable....

the journey...is paradise.
Post #: 284
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/23/2023 7:40:09 AM   
thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: ratoppenheimer

quote:

I see that catch as one that Jefferson could make 8/10 times - spectacular looking, but still very doable....

Post #: 285
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/23/2023 10:34:20 AM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

ORIGINAL: thebigo

quote:

ORIGINAL: ratoppenheimer

quote:

One of the top catches of all time, and it should just be considered ho hum....Even JJ was surprised he came down with it.

I don't want to go through things that don't kill me and make me stronger anymore.
Post #: 286
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/23/2023 1:03:09 PM   
Ricky J

Its like he went high for a rebound and snag it with 1 hand.
I'm with Rat, easier than it looked. His fingers are prob at least 2" longer than anyones in here and 1 handed catches are over rated.
Hst, freeking great catch!
Post #: 287
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/23/2023 2:48:53 PM   
Todd M

Zero reason to discount that catch.
Post #: 288
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/23/2023 3:07:33 PM   
thebigo

quote:

Its like he went high for a rebound and snag it with 1 hand.
I'm with Rat, easier than it looked. His fingers are prob at least 2" longer than anyones in here and 1 handed catches are over rated.
Hst, freeking great catch!

He also with one hand ripped it out of the defenders two hand grip on the ball. And rebounders are not almost entirely horizontal 6 feet above the ground.

< Message edited by thebigo -- 5/23/2023 3:10:32 PM >
Post #: 289
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/23/2023 3:14:45 PM   
Todd M

Corralling that ball falling was equally impressive.
Post #: 290
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/23/2023 5:46:36 PM   
Ricky J

I'm not discounting anything! It was an amazing one- handed catch.
But it always amazes me how everytime someone makes a one-handed catch people think it's the greatest thing ever.
At training camp, playing catch, Carter would, in one motion, one- hand a
catch and throw it behind his back into the seats.
This isn't the first time I've said it, go out in the back yard and take a stab at a few.
But yes this was a step up or two, and the situation was unreal
Post #: 291
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/23/2023 5:47:56 PM   
Ricky J

It wasn't a one-in-a- million for him, only for us
Post #: 292
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/23/2023 6:08:01 PM   
David Levine

quote:

But it always amazes me how everytime someone makes a one-handed catch people think it's the greatest thing ever.
This isn't the first time I've said it, go out in the back yard and take a stab at a few.

And all of those were in no pressure situations - and without defenders.

And its not just "someone" making a big deal about it. Its HoF WRs and current great players making a huge deal about it.
Post #: 293
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/23/2023 9:09:38 PM   
Ricky J

That's what they do. They make crazy good catches. He's not the only one out there that can make that catch. More can than can't.
Post #: 294
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/23/2023 9:11:51 PM   
Ricky J

I feel im being boxed in.
Freking awesome catch.
Post #: 295
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/24/2023 6:05:50 AM   
kgdabom

Lewis Cine practicing just like everybody else at OTAs.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 296
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/24/2023 6:09:42 AM   
Ricky J

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Levine

quote:

And its not just "someone" making a big deal about it. Its HoF WRs and current great players making a huge deal about it.

Right. And the moment and the pressure make some better.
All those HOFers could make the same catch.
Where i jumped on board was it wasn't an Impossible catch - for those people - with the idea that one handed catches are giving too much credit as great not saying this wasnt incredible.

- some things you don't touch, this is one of them, as i found out ...
Post #: 297
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/24/2023 7:30:29 AM   
TJSweens

quote:

quote:

quote:

Where i jumped on board was it wasn't an Impossible catch - for those people - with the idea that one handed catches are giving too much credit as great not saying this wasnt incredible.

It's obviously not impossible. He caught it, ergo it's possible. It's highly improbable though. The chances of Jefferson or any other HOF receiver diving backwards and while parallel to the ground, with one hand reaching back and rpping ripping the ball away from a DB who already has both hands on it and then controlling it all the way to the ground are considerably less than 8 out 10.

"The eternal fate of the noble and enlightened: to be brutally crushed by the armed and dumb."
Post #: 298
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/24/2023 7:33:47 AM   
Todd M

Exactly.
Post #: 299
RE: General Vikes Talk - 5/24/2023 8:07:54 AM   
kgdabom

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

It's obviously not impossible. He caught it, ergo it's possible. It's highly improbable though. The chances of Jefferson or any other HOF receiver diving backwards and while parallel to the ground, with one hand reaching back and rpping ripping the ball away from a DB who already has both hands on it and then controlling it all the way to the ground are considerably less than 8 out 10.

"So let it be written.
So let it be done."
Post #: 300
Page:   <<   < prev  10 11 [12] 13 14   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  10 11 [12] 13 14   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode