Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: General Vikes Talk

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  162 163 [164] 165 166   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/30/2023 12:10:38 PM  1 votes
Nate

Up and down year as always. I was ready to sell and hope for better days ahead and then we go and beat the 9ers. While that was not a great result from a drafting perspective I did thoroughly enjoy us beating down the 9ers while Aikman and Buck continued fawning over Purdy and the rest of their team. It's always nice to rub one in Buck's face and to win on Monday night against a good team is pretty refreshing. It's hard to feel to awful beating the Pack in Lameblow either, the reality stick is hitting them hard too.

FWIW, I definitely didn't want Kirk to get hurt, or end his Vikings tenure in this way. That's a tough situation, and I do admire how he went out positively and with class. He's a quirky fellow, hard to like in many ways, and yet endearing in others.

Moving forward, I'm in the camp to see what Hall can do. Mullins won't be the answer, and please keep Mannion on the PS, it's a travesty he's even on it. Also, don't trade picks or assets, or resurrect someone to try and salvage a .500 record. I doubt KAM was in trouble before this week and I'm sure he'll get a pass now after it. Let's hope draft year 3 is a diamond in his rough.
Post #: 4076
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/30/2023 12:12:22 PM  2 votes
Ricky J

quote:

ORIGINAL: Daniel Lee Young

The things this franchise has done for over 60 years have produced Zero League Championships.

Then one day the Sox won one. And another day the Cubs finally won one.

Maybe we'll get one, maybe not. But I'll tell you this, we ain't owed a damn thing in this world so it might be a good idea to plan accordingly
Post #: 4077
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/30/2023 12:16:07 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

ORIGINAL: Phil Riewer

quote:

ORIGINAL: David F.

Vikes point totals in our eight games so far in order: 17,28,24,21,20,19,22,24. That's an average of 21.9 per game. But don't forget two of our TDs were defensive scores. Through eight games our offense scores 20.4 points per game. You're telling me we can't find anyone that can replace that? It doesn't seem like an insurmountable amount of points to me.

I'm going on record: Kirk stans are about to find out just how easily replaceable he was/is.

Addison and JJ may not agree with you....you might see a lot more checkdowns now and the lovely zero yard pass.

Everyone is replaceable. GB is now aware that ARodg is replaceable but with a lesser QB.

Hall may have talent but Kirk probably had his best season followed by his best 1/2 season under KOC.

Nope. His QBR last year was one of his worse as a full-time starter. He even said it was strange the team was winning but he wasn't playing that well. Stat wise. And getting bounced in a one-and-done playoff game at home isn't anything to write home about.
Post #: 4078
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/30/2023 12:18:13 PM  1 votes
David F.

quote:

quote:

Vikes point totals in our eight games so far in order: 17,28,24,21,20,19,22,24. That's an average of 21.9 per game. But don't forget two of our TDs were defensive scores. Through eight games our offense scores 20.4 points per game. You're telling me we can't find anyone that can replace that? It doesn't seem like an insurmountable amount of points to me.

I'm going on record: Kirk stans are about to find out just how easily replaceable he was/is.

Addison and JJ may not agree with you....you might see a lot more checkdowns now and the lovely zero yard pass. There were 5-6 passes yesterday where Kirk released the ball before the WR break or on the Addison TD before he cleared space..

Everyone is replaceable. GB is now aware that ARodg is replaceable but with a lesser QB.

Hall may have talent but Kirk probably had his best season followed by his best 1/2 season under KOC.

8-9 with him, 2-5 without him. What's the difference?

I wouldn't give ANY qb $30-50+ mil unless that QB had won me a Super Bowl. Did you win a Super Bowl on your rookie deal? Yes? Great! Here's your hugenormous contract. F it let's just run victory laps and love life. No? Good luck. Next!
Post #: 4079
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/30/2023 12:29:44 PM   
Bill Johanesen

Happened to read Wentz grew up in N. Dakota and played college there. Couldn't figure out why all the Wentz love, that probably explains it.
Post #: 4080
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/30/2023 12:33:34 PM   
Ricky J

Went to North Dakota once, came baaack ...
Post #: 4081
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/30/2023 12:40:50 PM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ricky J

They say Iowa is a poor man's North Dakota.
Post #: 4082
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/30/2023 12:58:28 PM   
Todd M

Missed opportunity by god. MRI could have revealed it was miraculously healed and then myself and others would believe. Probably too busy helping someone find their keys or appearing on toast.
Post #: 4083
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/30/2023 1:07:43 PM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Johanesen

quote:

quote:

Addison and JJ may not agree with you....you might see a lot more checkdowns now and the lovely zero yard pass.

Nope. His QBR last year was one of his worse as a full-time starter. He even said it was strange the team was winning but he wasn't playing that well. Stat wise. And getting bounced in a one-and-done playoff game at home isn't anything to write home about.

I’m not sure Phil gets that this all post-mortem discussion … he’s still trying to argue what Cousins brings to the table.

Rest in peace Kirk. You had one of your worst statistical seasons and went 13-5; according to KOC yesterday, you were having your best season yet … to go 4-4. Not all QBs have a knack for winning. Godspeed to you.

< Message edited by Tom Sykes -- 10/30/2023 1:12:52 PM >
Post #: 4084
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/30/2023 1:08:27 PM   
Daniel Lee Young

quote:

ORIGINAL: Todd M

Missed opportunity by god. MRI could have revealed it was miraculously healed and then myself and others would believe. Probably too busy helping someone find their keys or appearing on toast.

My god…My father.... why hast thou forsaken me…?

"Thou shall not bear false witness”
I am WRATH, incarnate.
@RlyeeNicole’sDad
Post #: 4085
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/30/2023 1:17:33 PM   
Ricky J

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mark Anderson

quote:

Ha!
Not quite.
Was coming home from Dubuque on the back roads the other day but missed the turn off to Field of Dreams. I'm curious about what's going on there - ill give you an update when i find out
Post #: 4086
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/30/2023 1:36:10 PM  1 votes
Richard Neussendorfer

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Daniel Lee Young

The things this franchise has done for over 60 years have produced Zero League Championships.

Then one day the Sox won one. And another day the Cubs finally won one.

Maybe we'll get one, maybe not. But I'll tell you this, we ain't owed a damn thing in this world so it might be a good idea to plan accordingly

Too right Ricky! A lesson that doesn't get taught anymore. Life is tough.
Post #: 4087
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/30/2023 2:17:29 PM   
David Levine

Seifert:

Kevin O'Connell is still not committing to a starter in Kirk Cousins' absence, even for this week's game at Falcons. Said he gave Jaren Hall some throws in Green Bay to start the eval process, but says: "We're still working through that."

Sean Mannion would be the only other option this week. Nick Mullens not eligible to return from IR until next week. O'Connell mentioned the possibility of an outside acquisition, and says: "You wouldn't believe some of the things I've received on my cell phone the past 24 hours."

We asked Kevin O'Connell every which way about how realistic it would be to add a new starting QB from outside, especially in the context of the Vikings "competitive rebuild." He steadfastly refused to rule it out.
Post #: 4088
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/30/2023 2:21:01 PM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tom Sykes

quote:

quote:

quote:

I’m not sure Phil gets that this all post-mortem discussion … he’s still trying to argue what Cousins brings to the table.

Rest in peace Kirk. You had one of your worst statistical seasons and went 13-5; according to KOC yesterday, you were having your best season yet … to go 4-4. Not all QBs have a knack for winning. Godspeed to you.

You can view Kirk how you want actually. I was fine with him playing out the season with an improving defense and oline.....I am not the one trying convinced Hall can bring as much to the table. You know similar to how Marty is trying to convince every GB fan or Vikes fan that Love is just fine.

Everyone is replaceable; replaceable doesn't mean equal production.

< Message edited by Phil Riewer -- 10/30/2023 2:23:02 PM >

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 4089
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/30/2023 2:21:24 PM   
David Levine

I don't see any realistic way that Cousins is a Viking after this year:

NFL Players With Torn Achilles List 2023 And Recovery Time

NFL players torn Achilles recovery time is 10 to 12 months in general. The period varies depending on the severity of the tear or rupture and its impact.

It is hard to predict at what time an NFL player with an injured Achilles will return to the field. As per the reports, almost 30-40% of NFL players with such injuries never make their comeback at the professional level.

Although the injured players could return in the short time frame as well, the NFL has seen a massive drop in their performance level after their comeback and almost none have regained their previous stats.

https://thefootballusa.com/nfl-players-torn-achilles
Post #: 4090
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/30/2023 2:24:24 PM   
twinsfan

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Levine

Seifert:

Kevin O'Connell is still not committing to a starter in Kirk Cousins' absence, even for this week's game at Falcons. Said he gave Jaren Hall some throws in Green Bay to start the eval process, but says: "We're still working through that."

Sean Mannion would be the only other option this week. Nick Mullens not eligible to return from IR until next week. O'Connell mentioned the possibility of an outside acquisition, and says: "You wouldn't believe some of the things I've received on my cell phone the past 24 hours."

We asked Kevin O'Connell every which way about how realistic it would be to add a new starting QB from outside, especially in the context of the Vikings "competitive rebuild." He steadfastly refused to rule it out.

Josh Freeman?

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 4091
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/30/2023 2:27:40 PM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

Happened to read Wentz grew up in N. Dakota and played college there. Couldn't figure out why all the Wentz love, that probably explains it.

Personally I am not a Bison fan but he has played for Philly, Wash, and Indy.....not really love more reality of the best of the worst.
Leadership skills are supposedly his second biggest weakness next to health.

Post #: 4092
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/30/2023 2:34:42 PM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

ORIGINAL: Nate

Up and down year as always. I was ready to sell and hope for better days ahead and then we go and beat the 9ers. While that was not a great result from a drafting perspective I did thoroughly enjoy us beating down the 9ers while Aikman and Buck continued fawning over Purdy and the rest of their team. It's always nice to rub one in Buck's face and to win on Monday night against a good team is pretty refreshing. It's hard to feel to awful beating the Pack in Lameblow either, the reality stick is hitting them hard too.

FWIW, I definitely didn't want Kirk to get hurt, or end his Vikings tenure in this way. That's a tough situation, and I do admire how he went out positively and with class. He's a quirky fellow, hard to like in many ways, and yet endearing in others.

Moving forward, I'm in the camp to see what Hall can do. Mullins won't be the answer, and please keep Mannion on the PS, it's a travesty he's even on it. Also, don't trade picks or assets, or resurrect someone to try and salvage a .500 record. I doubt KAM was in trouble before this week and I'm sure he'll get a pass now after it. Let's hope draft year 3 is a diamond in his rough.

Here's the thing. I'm ok with giving Hall a shot. But with Mullens on the IR at least one more week, Kirk done, we will need a backup at the very least for Hall in case he gets hurt or predictably performs in a disastrous way. So, either we will need to promote Mannion (who at least has had the playbook for a few weeks) or pick up someone from outside, whether it be a Wentz/McCoy type or a trade from some schlub that's already bad enough his team benched him.

So which one are we going to do?

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn't work if it's not open. Frank Zappa
Post #: 4093
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/30/2023 2:48:39 PM   
Phil Riewer

Depends a lot on what teams want for their QB......asking price is real high right now as they know; no clear #1 and we are vulnerable. I think you grab a Wentz or Foles and play a hand for a couple of days. Maybe there will be a good offer for us out there?

Post #: 4094
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/30/2023 2:51:07 PM   
Mark Anderson

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mark Anderson

quote:

Ha!
Not quite.
Was coming home from Dubuque on the back roads the other day but missed the turn off to Field of Dreams. I'm curious about what's going on there - ill give you an update when i find out

Daughter is playing ball in Dubuque this weekend. We won't make it but are going to Ankeny in 3 weeks. Never been there so looking forward to it.

I think Field of Dreams is building a stadium with permanent seating to have a MLB game there every year.
Post #: 4095
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/30/2023 3:10:18 PM   
Todd M

I swear to god if Turd Mannion gets the nod over Hall KOC is dead to me.

Better be the coy don’t know which QB Atlanta should prepare for thing even if it’s a joke bc you don’t have to prepare for Turdman.
Post #: 4096
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/30/2023 3:16:15 PM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Todd M
I swear to god if Turd Mannion gets the nod over Hall KOC is dead to me.
Better be the coy don’t know which QB Atlanta should prepare for thing even if it’s a joke bc you don’t have to prepare for Turdman.

Remember when I said be careful what you wish for? Some want a new era and sometimes it is a worse era.

Mannion started a game I believe when Kirk had Covid; we didnt get to 14 points....Mannion makes Kirk look fast....they were bragging how good of ball Mannion throws; looked like Freeman to me also.

I hope for Hall also.

< Message edited by Phil Riewer -- 10/30/2023 3:19:41 PM >

Post #: 4097
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/30/2023 3:19:32 PM   
David F.

NOBODY WANTED TO JUST DUMP KIRK AND USE SEAN MANNION AS THE ALTERNATIVE.

I wouldn't give ANY qb $30-50+ mil unless that QB had won me a Super Bowl. Did you win a Super Bowl on your rookie deal? Yes? Great! Here's your hugenormous contract. F it let's just run victory laps and love life. No? Good luck. Next!
Post #: 4098
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/30/2023 3:20:25 PM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

NOBODY WANTED TO JUST DUMP KIRK AND USE SEAN MANNION AS THE ALTERNATIVE.

I read you said a normal QB can get us to 21....wasn't that you. Mannion is the normal that is left in the barrel.....

GB put up 10 on Sunday with their starting QB.

< Message edited by Phil Riewer -- 10/30/2023 3:23:42 PM >

Post #: 4099
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/30/2023 3:26:08 PM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

Is this your post?

Post #: 4100
Page:   <<   < prev  162 163 [164] 165 166   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  162 163 [164] 165 166   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode