Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: General Vikes Talk

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  163 164 [165] 166 167   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/30/2023 3:30:59 PM  1 votes
David F.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Phil Riewer

quote:

ORIGINAL: David F.

NOBODY WANTED TO JUST DUMP KIRK AND USE SEAN MANNION AS THE ALTERNATIVE.

I read you said a normal QB can get us to 21....wasn't that you. Mannion is the normal that is left in the barrel.....

GB put up 10 on Sunday with their starting QB.

The Packers and Jordan Love are averaging 20 points per game. Even the lowly Jordan Love is only one notch below Saint Kirk. But seriously, you really think people were just hanging out every offseason thinking AND SAYING OUT LOUD, gee - I'd sure like to ditch Kirk Cousins and just not replace him with anyone. I don't want a draft pick or a middle-of-the-pack vet - NO ONE.

I wouldn't give ANY qb $30-50+ mil unless that QB had won me a Super Bowl. Did you win a Super Bowl on your rookie deal? Yes? Great! Here's your hugenormous contract. F it let's just run victory laps and love life. No? Good luck. Next!
Post #: 4101
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/30/2023 3:33:06 PM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

quote:

quote:

I read you said a normal QB can get us to 21....wasn't that you. Mannion is the normal that is left in the barrel.....

The Packers and Jordan Love are averaging 20 points per game. Even the lowly Jordan Love is only one notch below Saint Kirk. But seriously, you really think people were just hanging out every offseason thinking AND SAYING OUT LOUD, gee - I'd sure like to ditch Kirk Cousins and just not replace him with anyone. I don't want a draft pick or a middle-of-the-pack vet - NO ONE.

You didn't say lets wait a week and see---you said what you did....are you retracting it?

Love is just below Kirk? In what rankings? Kirk is top 3 in yards, tds, and QB Ranking right now. Is Love 4th?

< Message edited by Phil Riewer -- 10/30/2023 3:35:47 PM >

SSG Riewer, Greg A Co 2/136 CAB
KIA 23 March 2007 Habbaniyah Iraq
Post #: 4102
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/30/2023 3:33:37 PM   
David F.

quote:

quote:

Vikes point totals in our eight games so far in order: 17,28,24,21,20,19,22,24. That's an average of 21.9 per game. But don't forget two of our TDs were defensive scores. Through eight games our offense scores 20.4 points per game. You're telling me we can't find anyone that can replace that? It doesn't seem like an insurmountable amount of points to me. In fact - I'd like the replacement to be Sean Mannion because he is exactly who I'd like the to see at QB. In fact, I'm in love with Sean Mannion. Kissy-kissy-kissy-kissy oh how I love him.

I'm going on record: Kirk stans are about to find out just how easily replaceable he was/is.

Is this your post?

Yep! And I added in more that I was too afraid to put in the first time.

I wouldn't give ANY qb $30-50+ mil unless that QB had won me a Super Bowl. Did you win a Super Bowl on your rookie deal? Yes? Great! Here's your hugenormous contract. F it let's just run victory laps and love life. No? Good luck. Next!
Post #: 4103
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/30/2023 3:39:00 PM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

quote:

quote:

Vikes point totals in our eight games so far in order: 17,28,24,21,20,19,22,24. That's an average of 21.9 per game. But don't forget two of our TDs were defensive scores. Through eight games our offense scores 20.4 points per game. You're telling me we can't find anyone that can replace that? It doesn't seem like an insurmountable amount of points to me. In fact - I'd like the replacement to be Sean Mannion because he is exactly who I'd like the to see at QB. In fact, I'm in love with Sean Mannion. Kissy-kissy-kissy-kissy oh how I love him.

I'm going on record: Kirk stans are about to find out just how easily replaceable he was/is.

Is this your post?

Yep! And I added in more that I was too afraid to put in the first time.

I will be on record...I like Kirk better than Teddy, Case, Sam, TJack, and Ponder. This is basically his first injury in how many years as QB....if that makes me stans or whatever so be it.

FYI the 5 I listed are better than our Mullens and Mannion.....Sam was oft injured so he is probably #2 to Kirk as the best QB we have had in 15 years....I hope Hall is better than the others on the list.

< Message edited by Phil Riewer -- 10/30/2023 3:50:19 PM >

Post #: 4104
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/30/2023 3:57:09 PM   
Phil Riewer

Phil Mackey 🎙
@PhilMackey
Here are 13 QB names that came up in discussion on Purple Daily today...

Tom Brady
Andrew Luck
Matt Ryan
Brett Favre
Kyler Murray
Matthew Stafford
Ryan Tannehill
Andy Dalton
Trey Lance
Carson Wentz
Colt McCoy
Case Keenum
Mason Rudolph

Post #: 4105
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/30/2023 4:02:58 PM   
Todd M

Dan was that you on that site promoting 54 year old Brett Favre?
Post #: 4106
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/30/2023 4:05:05 PM   
Phil Riewer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Todd M

Dan was that you on that site promoting 54 year old Brett Favre?

Post #: 4107
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/30/2023 4:06:51 PM   
Phil Riewer

Kevin Seifert
@SeifertESPN
·
2h
Replying to @SeifertESPN
Sean Mannion would be the only other option this week. Nick Mullens not eligible to return from IR until next week. O'Connell mentioned the possibility of an outside acquisition, and says: "You wouldn't believe some of the things I've received on my cell phone the past 24 hours."

Post #: 4108
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/30/2023 4:09:37 PM  1 votes
David F.

quote:

Phil Mackey 🎙
@PhilMackey

Tom Brady - YES
Andrew Luck - No
Matt Ryan - No
Brett Favre - Stole from the poor
Kyler Murray - No - new Call of Duty coming out soon
Matthew Stafford - YES
Ryan Tannehill - YES
Andy Dalton - YES
Trey Lance - YES
Carson Wentz - YES
Colt McCoy - YES
Case Keenum - YES
Mason Rudolph - YES

Post #: 4109
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/30/2023 4:10:46 PM   
David F.

quote:

quote:

Phil Mackey 🎙
@PhilMackey

Tom Brady - YES
Andrew Luck - No
Matt Ryan - No
Brett Favre - Stole from the poor
Kyler Murray - No - new Call of Duty coming out soon
Matthew Stafford - YES EDIT - NO!!! Looked at his contract
Ryan Tannehill - YES
Andy Dalton - YES
Trey Lance - YES
Carson Wentz - YES
Colt McCoy - YES
Case Keenum - YES
Mason Rudolph - YES

Post #: 4110
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/30/2023 4:13:06 PM   
David Levine

quote:

quote:

Mannion is not a "normal QB".

He has no right even being in the NFL as a player.

He's 31 years old and has attempted 110 passes with 1 TD and 3 INTs for his career.
Post #: 4111
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/30/2023 4:23:07 PM   
Bill Jandro

quote:

ORIGINAL: Brad H

The amazing part of all this was that Jaren Hall was the back-up plan. That, in itself, should get someone in the front office fired.

I thought Cousins becoming an UFA (cannot franchise) in March with no #1 qb in waiting was poor planning. The clock just got turned up 6 months.

Levis was there for the taking last draft. Kwesi appears to be a man without a plan.

Oline...early and often this draft
Post #: 4112
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/30/2023 4:29:13 PM   
kevinemmer

Sign Sloter to back up Hall/Mullens.

Dump Mannion asap.

Let the chips fall where they may.
Post #: 4113
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/30/2023 4:29:39 PM   
Bill Jandro

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ricky J

quote:

ORIGINAL: Daniel Lee Young

The things this franchise has done for over 60 years have produced Zero League Championships.

Then one day the Sox won one. And another day the Cubs finally won one.

Maybe we'll get one, maybe not. But I'll tell you this, we ain't owed a damn thing in this world so it might be a good idea to plan accordingly

Well said

Post #: 4114
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/30/2023 4:33:01 PM  1 votes
Bill Jandro

quote:

ORIGINAL: Todd M

Missed opportunity by god. MRI could have revealed it was miraculously healed and then myself and others would believe. Probably too busy helping someone find their keys or appearing on toast.

Maybe Kirk can hangout with Rodgers and listen to the healing powers of Dolphins fornicating.

Post #: 4115
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/30/2023 4:54:04 PM   
Tom Sykes

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tom Sykes

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Johanesen

quote:

quote:

Vikes point totals in our eight games so far in order: 17,28,24,21,20,19,22,24. That's an average of 21.9 per game. But don't forget two of our TDs were defensive scores. Through eight games our offense scores 20.4 points per game. You're telling me we can't find anyone that can replace that? It doesn't seem like an insurmountable amount of points to me.

Addison and JJ may not agree with you....you might see a lot more checkdowns now and the lovely zero yard pass.

Everyone is replaceable. GB is now aware that ARodg is replaceable but with a lesser QB.

Hall may have talent but Kirk probably had his best season followed by his best 1/2 season under KOC.

Nope. His QBR last year was one of his worse as a full-time starter. He even said it was strange the team was winning but he wasn't playing that well. Stat wise. And getting bounced in a one-and-done playoff game at home isn't anything to write home about.

I’m not sure Phil gets that this all post-mortem discussion … he’s still trying to argue what Cousins brings to the table.

Rest in peace Kirk. You had one of your worst statistical seasons and went 13-5; according to KOC yesterday, you were having your best season yet … to go 4-4. Not all QBs have a knack for winning. Godspeed to you.

You can view Kirk how you want actually. Yes, obviously.

I was fine with him playing out the season with an improving defense and oline ... Me too although our expectations are / were much different. My issue was not staying with Kirk in 2023 [once the season started], it was not trying AT ALL to implement a different long-term option before the start of 2023. In fact, I think I'm one of the few anti-Cousins posters in here that has consistently said that Kwesi and Kevin would figure out a way to resign him for 2024.

I am not the one trying convinced Hall can bring as much to the table. Neither am I "trying convinced" about Hall. Whatever that means.

You know similar to how Marty is trying to convince every GB fan or Vikes fan that Love is just fine. I think that's an attempt at a low blow because Marty's involved but I can't understand the whole 'you know similar' comment. I think you're trying to say that "I'm no different than how Marty ..." but I won't know for sure until I can find the appropriate online translator ... so far I have Pirate, Yoda, Elmer Fudd ... but no Phil ... yet.

Everyone is replaceable; replaceable doesn't mean equal production. Again, I think you are confusing my point of view with someone else.

I'm just needling you. If you go over my last few posts ... I mangle the English language as well - especially when I post on my iphone and extra especially when I'm not wearing my reading glasses.

Even so ... your posts can be challenging.

< Message edited by Tom Sykes -- 10/30/2023 4:57:07 PM >
Post #: 4116
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/30/2023 4:58:18 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tom Sykes

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Johanesen

quote:

quote:

Vikes point totals in our eight games so far in order: 17,28,24,21,20,19,22,24. That's an average of 21.9 per game. But don't forget two of our TDs were defensive scores. Through eight games our offense scores 20.4 points per game. You're telling me we can't find anyone that can replace that? It doesn't seem like an insurmountable amount of points to me.

Addison and JJ may not agree with you....you might see a lot more checkdowns now and the lovely zero yard pass.

Everyone is replaceable. GB is now aware that ARodg is replaceable but with a lesser QB.

Hall may have talent but Kirk probably had his best season followed by his best 1/2 season under KOC.

Nope. His QBR last year was one of his worse as a full-time starter. He even said it was strange the team was winning but he wasn't playing that well. Stat wise. And getting bounced in a one-and-done playoff game at home isn't anything to write home about.

I’m not sure Phil gets that this all post-mortem discussion … he’s still trying to argue what Cousins brings to the table.

Rest in peace Kirk. You had one of your worst statistical seasons and went 13-5; according to KOC yesterday, you were having your best season yet … to go 4-4. Not all QBs have a knack for winning. Godspeed to you.

LOL, I thought that when he posted this. No adjustment to past tense. You get the impression Cousins is starting Sunday!

There are multiple issues....sometimes a check down play is included in the play call but when the call doesn't get to Kirk as soon as it should is part of the problem. I think that when we go hurry up with the same formations everything seems more in sync as Kirk still gets the play call and no formation change.
Post #: 4117
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/30/2023 5:03:36 PM   
Bill Jandro

https://twitter.com/CJGolson/status/1719043018156625920?s=20

Not sure how real this is.

Post #: 4118
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/30/2023 5:08:39 PM   
kevinemmer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Jandro

https://twitter.com/CJGolson/status/1719043018156625920?s=20

Not sure how real this is.

Hope it's false.
Yuck!
Rapist and turnover machine.
Post #: 4119
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/30/2023 5:08:40 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

quote:

quote:

Good luck with your trip down lunacy lane.
Post #: 4120
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/30/2023 5:09:06 PM   
Todd M

That’s a favourable option if true.

Probably lose a 3rd.
Post #: 4121
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/30/2023 5:09:44 PM   
Tom Sykes

Based on the visit last month and his previous experience with O'Connell ...

I don't see any way we don't sign McCoy to back up Hall until Mullens is ready ... (not just off of IR but ready to start).

If Hall looks unusually advanced for a long-term development project, he keeps playing instead of McCoy until Mullens is ready.

If Hall struggles, McCoy will start until Mullens is ready.

EDIT: unless we do something silly like trade assets of any kind for a QB [see the Winston link a couple of posts above]

< Message edited by Tom Sykes -- 10/30/2023 5:13:24 PM >
Post #: 4122
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/30/2023 5:11:44 PM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Jandro

quote:

ORIGINAL: Brad H

The amazing part of all this was that Jaren Hall was the back-up plan. That, in itself, should get someone in the front office fired.

I thought Cousins becoming an UFA (cannot franchise) in March with no #1 qb in waiting was poor planning. The clock just got turned up 6 months.

Levis was there for the taking last draft. Kwesi appears to be a man without a plan.

Almost positive Kwesi's plan until yesterday was take risk with Cousins not getting injured, then draft a 1st round QB in the offseason.
Post #: 4123
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/30/2023 5:12:01 PM   
Tom Sykes

oops
Post #: 4124
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/30/2023 5:17:41 PM   
Bill Jandro

At least Winston doesn't need a walker like some of the qb's being batted around.

Post #: 4125
Page:   <<   < prev  163 164 [165] 166 167   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  163 164 [165] 166 167   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode