Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports Talk Vikes and Other MN Sports

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

RE: General Vikes Talk

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  165 166 [167] 168 169   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/30/2023 9:57:01 PM   
hagar

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chris Olson

quote:

ORIGINAL: hagar

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ricky J

quote:

ORIGINAL: David Levine

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Phil Riewer

I just looked at our QBs the last 25 or even whole history. Not a great list. Kirk is top 3 in most categories. We have one HOF QB.

We are desperate for another Fran. GB doesn’t realize what they had for the last 30 some years.

Itll come to them eventually

No team has drafted fewer QBs over the past 20 years than us.

I see that changing

I hope you're right

I hope not...

Draft 1 more QB next year, and not need another for the next 15 years!

That works too, but, just in case, you have to draft a little more often.
Post #: 4151
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/30/2023 10:04:05 PM  1 votes
jbusse

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Daniel Lee Young

The things this franchise has done for over 60 years have produced Zero League Championships.

Then one day the Sox won one. And another day the Cubs finally won one.

Maybe we'll get one, maybe not. But I'll tell you this, we ain't owed a damn thing in this world so it might be a good idea to plan accordingly

There's always gonna be another mountain
I'm always gonna wanna make it move
Always gonna be an uphill battle
Sometimes I'm gonna have to lose
Ain't about how fast I get there
Ain't about what's waiting on the other side
It's the climb

-- Miley Cyrus
Post #: 4152
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/31/2023 2:44:54 AM   
ratoppenheimer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Johanesen

The New York Giants traded defensive lineman Leonard Williams to the Seattle Seahawks on Monday in exchange for a pair of draft picks.

In exchange for Williams, the Seahawks sent a 2024 second-round pick and a 2025 fifth-round selection to the Giants.

The Giants are taking on most of the $10 million owed to Williams, sources told ESPN. The Seahawks will owe Williams about $647,000 for the remainder of the season, which is the prorated amount of the veteran minimum base salary of $1.165 million. Williams had $10 million remaining on his $18 million base salary for 2023, which the teams agreed to lower to the vet minimum as part of the trade, per sources. The Giants paid Williams the balance in the form of a signing bonus.

He regressed a lot in sacks and lesser so in other stats (although tackles were way up in 2021 so maybe its the scheme/role), so maybe Hunter is worth more than I said yesterday.

As an aside, there is Hunter's $15 million dead cap in upcoming void years. I think we are on the hook for that but don't know.

quote:

Leonard Williams

you know they must have called about hunter first - but his value is greater than leonard....

if we trade hunter, we have nobody that plays the edge next season...hunter is a viking - it's in his soul...he does not want to play for another team....

the journey...is paradise.
Post #: 4153
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/31/2023 8:17:38 AM   
fmaltes

It is very clear from the Vikings history and that of the NFL that elite QBs that make it easier to get to the Super Bowl are few and far between. Also, in most cases, the teams that got those elite QBs did not tank. However, that does not mean that you cannot make it and win the Super Bowl if you do not have an elite QB. There are fewer cases--the Bears, Ravens and Raiders come to mind. We need to remember that there
is hope if you do not have an elite QB. The chances are less, but not impossible.
Post #: 4154
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/31/2023 8:21:13 AM   
fmaltes

Ironically, we should have signed Hunter even if we wanted to trade him to get maximum value. If he is just a one season or less rental the return you get on him is going to be diminished. I am guessing that the Vikings may have waited on Hunter more because of his injury history that because they did not want to pay him. I think they will end up signing Hunter, Darrisaw and Jefferson. I also think that they are also going to end up trying to re-sign Cousins too but there will be demand for him.
Post #: 4155
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/31/2023 8:25:45 AM   
ronhextall

quote:

ORIGINAL: fmaltes

It is very clear from the Vikings history and that of the NFL that elite QBs that make it easier to get to the Super Bowl are few and far between. Also, in most cases, the teams that got those elite QBs did not tank. However, that does not mean that you cannot make it and win the Super Bowl if you do not have an elite QB. There are fewer cases--the Bears, Ravens and Raiders come to mind. We need to remember that there
is hope if you do not have an elite QB. The chances are less, but not impossible.

Only 3 Active QB's in the NFL have won a Super Bowl as a starter and at the moment only Mahomes is desirable as a QB to build around.

"Elite" gets tossed around a lot but few have actually delivered.

I don't think there is a "formula". Need to acquire talent at OL, DL, CB, WR, and QB and hope it works out.

< Message edited by ronhextall -- 10/31/2023 8:27:11 AM >
Post #: 4156
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/31/2023 8:27:24 AM   
Bill Jandro

quote:

Ironically, we should have signed Hunter even if we wanted to trade him to get maximum value. If he is just a one season or less rental the return you get on him is going to be diminished. I am guessing that the Vikings may have waited on Hunter more because of his injury history that because they did not want to pay him. I think they will end up signing Hunter, Darrisaw and Jefferson. I also think that they are also going to end up trying to re-sign Cousins too but there will be demand for him.

Deadcap hits on newly signed players of his ilk would be pushing 100ml

Oline...early and often this draft
Post #: 4157
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/31/2023 8:55:18 AM   
Daniel Lee Young

Still with he fantasy of “ extending Cousins “….?

Reality… he is done…

Anyone who wants to pay him more than the 36 million he has coming for rehabbing after surgery, which is all he will be doing for at least 12 months..is insane.

Let it go.. that ship has sailed, the Cousins era is over.. we can be wannabes with a far cheaper checkdown Charlie..

All you “Faith and belief in god is key” have your QBOTF, already..

He comes from Brigham Young University, and his name is Hall..

Crown his ass and move on.

"Thou shall not bear false witness”
I am WRATH, incarnate.
@RlyeeNicole’sDad
Post #: 4158
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/31/2023 8:59:31 AM   
David F.

quote:

ORIGINAL: ronhextall

quote:

Only 3 Active QB's in the NFL have won a Super Bowl as a starter and at the moment only Mahomes is desirable as a QB to build around.

"Elite" gets tossed around a lot but few have actually delivered.

I don't think there is a "formula". Need to acquire talent at OL, DL, CB, WR, and QB and hope it works out.

We did that. Now get us a QB with a shot at the title.

I wouldn't give ANY qb $30-50+ mil unless that QB had won me a Super Bowl. Did you win a Super Bowl on your rookie deal? Yes? Great! Here's your hugenormous contract. F it let's just run victory laps and love life. No? Good luck. Next!
Post #: 4159
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/31/2023 9:04:04 AM   
Bill Johanesen

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Jandro

quote:

Deadcap hits on newly signed players of his ilk would be pushing 100ml

Right. They certainly had no cap the last two years to afford the pro-rated share of all the bonuses, etc in a big extension, so it would have been an ugly backloaded contract.

Kwesi has no problem maxing out low credit limit cards for cheap dates at coffee shops, but he's avoided the expensive steakhouses. He knows a couple of upcoming dates will be ordering everything off the steakhouse menus, including 4 dozen oysters.
Post #: 4160
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/31/2023 9:27:04 AM   
Bill Johanesen

I guess Kwesi did venture to a nicer type restaurant with Za Smith, but Kwesi canceled the main courses they ordered and only paid like a third of the projected tab.

And he did take Harrison Phillips to a cheap buffet, which was only fitting.

Davenport was an ok lunch, but Kwesi told the restaurant he could only pay half the tab and would pay the remainder next year. A couple of other dates such as Murphy are like "Yeah, he did that same shit with me. Dudes all show."

O'Neill, a Spielman wine and dine, said "Every time I turn around Kwesi proposes some hair-brain scheme where he takes away some salary but I still get it back. Like a fool, I sign... cause he's stylish."

Finally, Cousins chimed in. "I don't know. I order the entire menu no matter who is paying."
Post #: 4161
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/31/2023 9:27:15 AM   
Bill Jandro

Qweasy's cheapness has already bit him in the ass. He should have had a contract put in front of JJ 5 seconds after he became eligible. The longer he waits the higher it will be.

Oline...early and often this draft
Post #: 4162
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/31/2023 9:51:36 AM   
ronhextall

quote:

Qweasy's cheapness has already bit him in the ass. He should have had a contract put in front of JJ 5 seconds after he became eligible. The longer he waits the higher it will be.

agreed, there was no point in waiting. He will be the highest paid WR in NFL. Time just makes it more expensive.
Post #: 4163
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/31/2023 9:56:51 AM   
ratoppenheimer

quote:

quote:

agreed, there was no point in waiting. He will be the highest paid WR in NFL. Time just makes it more expensive.

why it's not done: entire contract guaranteed, and no-trade clause....

Post #: 4164
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/31/2023 10:06:08 AM   
David F.

quote:

ORIGINAL: ratoppenheimer

quote:

quote:

I don't believe it's a good idea to build a team around a wide receiver. The team didn't even miss a beat without JJ. I'd take my time with his extension.

I wouldn't give ANY qb $30-50+ mil unless that QB had won me a Super Bowl. Did you win a Super Bowl on your rookie deal? Yes? Great! Here's your hugenormous contract. F it let's just run victory laps and love life. No? Good luck. Next!
Post #: 4165
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/31/2023 10:08:12 AM  1 votes
twinsfan

Why not Tanner Morgan?

Magic Number
Billy Hamilton 0
Post #: 4166
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/31/2023 10:15:43 AM   
ratoppenheimer

Star Tribune Sports@StribSports
Kevin O'Connell sounds like a head coach ready to welcome a new quarterback and keep the #Vikings winning streak going.
@LaVelleNeal writes that it's not time to trade away talent or tank. It is time to improvise. https://startribune.com/minnesota-vikings-new-quarterback-kirk-cousins-la-velle-e-neal/600316146/ #NFL

VikingzFanPage@vikingzfanpage
Some quarterback options via trade for the #Vikings before Tuesdays deadline:

• Jameis Winston
• Jacoby Brissett
• Ryan Tannehill
• Trey Lance
• Case Keenum
• Teddy Bridgewater

Post #: 4167
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/31/2023 10:29:18 AM   
Richard Neussendorfer

quote:

ORIGINAL: twinsfan

Why not Tanner Morgan?

Who's that?
Post #: 4168
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/31/2023 10:29:25 AM   
Trekgeekscott

quote:

Kevin O'Connell sounds like a head coach ready to welcome a new quarterback and keep the #Vikings winning streak going.
@LaVelleNeal writes that it's not time to trade away talent or tank. It is time to improvise. https://startribune.com/minnesota-vikings-new-quarterback-kirk-cousins-la-velle-e-neal/600316146/ #NFL

• Jameis Winston
• Jacoby Brissett
• Ryan Tannehill
• Trey Lance
• Case Keenum
• Teddy Bridgewater

None of those options excite me...

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn't work if it's not open. Frank Zappa
Post #: 4169
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/31/2023 10:32:49 AM   
Richard Neussendorfer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Trekgeekscott

quote:

• Jameis Winston
• Jacoby Brissett
• Ryan Tannehill
• Trey Lance
• Case Keenum
• Teddy Bridgewater

None of those options excite me...

Same. I'd rather see what Hall can do for the duration.
Post #: 4170
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/31/2023 10:34:20 AM   
Ricky J

quote:

• Jameis Winston
• Jacoby Brissett
• Ryan Tannehill
• Trey Lance
• Case Keenum
• Teddy Bridgewater

This is interesting. My guess would mean nothing. I wonder if we can find odds on this somewhere - only slightly kidding

edit: but to be clear, I'd pick go with Hall or do they think they know what they need to know about him all ready?

< Message edited by Ricky J -- 10/31/2023 10:36:40 AM >
Post #: 4171
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/31/2023 10:35:34 AM   
Todd M

I don’t care who they bring in as long as they don’t throw an INT or lose.
Post #: 4172
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/31/2023 10:38:11 AM   
Todd M

Tell me you want to stay in no man’s land for a QB wo actually saying you want to stay in no man’s land for a QB.
Post #: 4173
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/31/2023 10:40:50 AM   
ronhextall

quote:

quote:

quote:

I wouldn't do a fully guaranteed deal, if he wants that trade him.
Post #: 4174
RE: General Vikes Talk - 10/31/2023 10:41:30 AM   
ronhextall

quote:

• Jameis Winston
• Jacoby Brissett
• Ryan Tannehill
• Trey Lance
• Case Keenum
• Teddy Bridgewater

A list of guys that were no good EVER.

I would rather they sign Philip Rivers vs any of that junk.

My first choice is to find out if what they have is any good. Plenty of games left, plenty of targets, and decent OL for pass protection.
Post #: 4175
Page:   <<   < prev  165 166 [167] 168 169   next >   >>
All Forums >> [The Minnesota Vikings] >> Vikes Talk >> RE: General Vikes Talk Page: <<   < prev  165 166 [167] 168 169   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.5.5 Unicode